Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue
4300 Lemmon Ave .
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: 2145289446
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue
As Texas’ No.1 Steakhouse, Bob’s Steak & Chop House gives steak lovers what they want, great food and plenty of it. Beef rules in the richly appointed dining rooms of mahogany and forest green, with crisp white table cloths and cozy booths. The perfect atmosphere for business or pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)notable wine list (46)romantic (43)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Food - a bit buzyloveagreatmealDined on 10/11/2014Celebrated with friends an anniversary - but felt a bit unattended at times. It was on a Saturday night and it was very busy for the wait staff. They were very pleasant, but overwhelmed by the amount of people. For the money, the food was very good, but not outstanding and I expected a bit more attention. We had to look for our waiter a couple of times when we needed refills or to deliver our beverages.Special Features:
- ServiceMargaritaVilleDined on 10/11/2014Our waitress served us with a spirit of excellence and it was much appreciated!Special Features:
- Steak nighttommytouristDined on 10/10/2014Big, busy place. Noisy but energizing. Knowledgeable, helpful staff. Steaks prepared perfectly. Good cuts of meat. Reasonable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobs October 10OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful Bobs S&CH steak dinner with some great friends from out of state on the eve of the annual Oklahoma-Texas football game. I believe we have all decided that we have stumbled on a new annual tradition of dining at Bobs on the eve of our favorite annual football rivalry. The best weekend of the year deserves the best steak in the DFW metroplex!Special Features:
- Dining DisappointmentSPURS322Dined on 10/9/2014A special anniversary dinner date. Our son had been there a few times and recommended it to us. Two hours from the time we ordered until receiving the main coarse. Steaks were dry and bland, one med/rare, other medium. Now understand why the gentlemen at next table ordered a bowl of catsup. They did offer another steak and removed it from the bill, but we will not be back. If that’s gourmet quality meat, then I’ll stick with Texas Road House. Cesar salad had the strangest taste...unlike any I've had in 40 years of national travel and dining out. Wife received the wrong salad, and returned. On the plus side...our waitress did very well and the table staff never let the water glasses drop below two sips.Special Features:
- Amazing SteakIentertainDined on 10/7/2014Great traditional Steakhouse. Service is a bit poor. Seems that they are doing you a favor by bringing you such amazing cuts of meat...and maybe that is the way to look at it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FoodloverDined on 10/6/2014Exceptional food and service!!! The lettuce wedge and onion soup were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portion size121248aseDined on 10/4/2014portion size of Bone-in Rib Eye seemed considerably smaller than ones in the past - - - need to do away with the giant carrot in favor of a healthy green vegetable. server could have been a bit more attendant.Special Features:
- Enjoyed itBugleboyDined on 9/30/2014I have always wanted to go to Bob's and recently had a good excuse to go. My work day was pretty rough and I was stuck in the area before a 7:00pm engagement. With my 5:10 arrival time, I pretty much had the place to myself, except for a few people at the bar. All staff treated me well, and I was seated at a table. I had wanted someplace that was quiet and had great food. Well, I picked the right spot. My jumbo shrimp (w/remoulade sauce) appetizer was magnificent, as was the steak that followed. The giant carrot that came on the plate was huge. I'm not a big carrot fan, but the presentation was nice. My rib-eye steak was cooked exactly as I ordered and was seasoned quite well. A very satisfying evening and I well return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingsteakloverDined on 9/27/2014You can't beat Bob's for the food. Best steaks in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I both think Bob's (on Lemmon) has the best steak in Dallas! Love it!Special Features:
- Consistently great ribeyesJohnSFVIPDined on 9/25/201412 0z aged prime ribeye is consistently excellent and a great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob's is now on our radarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We just experienced Bob's for the first time to celebrate a birthday and we are now in love with this steak house. The food is excellent. The service is excellent and unobtrusive. And the atmosphere is/was alive. The only potential issue we experienced was the gentleman sitting at the table next to us. We called him "the megaphone". He made sure everyone in the restaurant heard his witty comments. We were lucky enough to sit 3 feet from him. Bottom line... we very much look forward to eating at Bob's once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- john1948Dined on 9/20/2014The only problem we had at the restaurant was loading and unloading from a Limo. The valiet parking was the only lane to get in and the drivers did not like this. Everything else about the restaurant is 5-star. The wait staff was extremely friendly and efficient. The food was excellent and was cooked as ordered on each order. There were six in our party and each one bragged on their selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Bob's has the best steak in Dallas. We've tried others and always prefer Bob's. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksDDJ4TheFortDined on 9/19/2014Rib eye was fantastic. Service was just right. Great atmosphere for a guys night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- review from 9/18/14 dinnerTed58Dined on 9/18/2014Overall a great experience and superb food & drinks. - what needs improvement - sat for a while before we were served, no butter with bread, no one checked on us as we waited 20 minutes for entrees. My Dad is on a walker - parking lot is very bad for the disabled - rough pavement, no ramp. Don't worry we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little gem!MBODDined on 9/13/2014Took my parents to Bob's for mom's birthday, the food was delicious as was dessert. Ordered soups and salads to start and then the filet which was cooked to perfection and very tasty. the bread pudding was great as well! Great service, very timely.Special Features:
- Good steakhouselovesfoodDined on 9/12/2014We came for a good Texas steak dinner and were not disappointed . Excellent selection of cuts. We had four different ones and they were excellent.Special Features:
- Great steakJimdaboDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I go to Bob's occasionally and love the food, drink, service and atmosphere. Friday was no different. I truly believe that it is the best steak that I have ever had...and I've eaten a lot of steaks. Everything was superb, and I am a hard grader.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic for a reasoncassiebizDined on 9/4/2014After many years of passing by, I finally tried Bob's. The food was excellent and our waitress was very fun and helpful. I can see why it has been around for so long!Special Features:
- Amazing steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Amazing food , the stakes were amazing and service was exceptional !Special Features:
- CharredMpodinaDined on 8/30/2014Service was good ambiance was good but food was not worth the price. Asked for 12 oz filet to be medium and was cooked medium well and charred on the outside. Total tab was over 240 for two people and I will not return. Bobs needs a lesson from nick and sams or papa bros.Special Features:
- Usual Awesome Steak!CandymanDined on 8/25/2014Had been to Bob's on Lemmon Ave several times in the past so when manager was coming to town, I knew Bob's was the place. Had a wonderful wine (Malbec) as well as fabulous steak. Service was good and my boss was pleased. A very successful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Bob's is our favorite steakhouse in Dallas. We love the low key but very nice atmosphere, plus it is quiet enough that you can have a conversation, which is not true at some other well known spots. Without question, the best part is the food. The steaks are always perfectly prepared and include potatoes. Side dishes are extra but very good. The salads are generous, but they will prepare a half salad which is plenty for one person. After trying most of the others, we always come back to Bob's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricelessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was a perfect 10! The people, the food, the ambiance all blended together proved to be a great choice to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Way to go Bob's!Special Features:
- Consistently a great steak houseDallasSunVIPDined on 8/22/2014Bob's is a great steakhouse with a nice energy. For a birthday, anniversary, or just a night out, it's a solid choice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/20/2014The veal chop was outstanding ... perfectly seasoned and cooked. Noise level was rather loud, though. We had a group at the next table that was quite raucous that made conversation challenging. Other than that, a perfect meal and we will return. Service was terrific.
- Great EveningChopsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had the Bacon Shrimp, outstanding, Chopped salad, good, The RibEye was excellent, tasty, tender, all around Great. The overall evening was fantastic as the Food is consistently good
- Great but we felt rushed.CasstxDined on 8/13/2014Everything was excellent again however we were not overly impressed that the main course arrived before we'd finished the appetizer. Although we were dining late, when I'm paying $65 for a steak, I don't expect to be rushed and have it sitting on the table going cold while I finish my appetiser. Other than that, everything was great.Special Features:
- Traditionally goodCheckpleaseDined on 8/4/2014Restaurants in Dallas come and go....Bob's on Lemmon is to Dallas as iconic as the Reunion Ball and Pegasus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerhankwardenVIPDined on 7/30/2014We love Bob's. Been going there a long time. It's one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceRCRMDined on 7/26/2014Great restaurant - we came across this restaurant as we were planning a trip to Dallas and after reading other reviews, decided to give it a try. We are so glad that we did - amazing steaks and the service was just impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPeterlugerloverDined on 7/24/2014Steak was great but wasn't overly impressed with side dishes. Appetizers delicious thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!sakgweaDined on 7/23/2014From the staff to the food everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandiLincolnrandilincolnDined on 7/21/2014JUST GO HERE! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! With 19 in our party...semi private room...absolutely incredible reviews from attendees about food with many thanks for taking them to Bob's Chop House...THIS PLACE ROCKS! From the early set up to the fabulous food...all sending pics to friends...JUST AMAZING SERVICE...thanks to GRETA and the staff! ONLY DRAWBACK: very dimly lit room for awards program dinner. Needed to have lights up for recognition-which apparently was not possible because it raised the house lights in the entire restaurant. They raised them a bit for us...but just sayin'.... FOOD: Freaking AMAZING! Not even 1 complaint in 19 dinners. That is awesome!Special Features:
- AnniversarySuzieDined on 7/21/2014We love going to Bob's! Great food and great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I split the 12 oz filet and a salad (caprese) along with cream corn and broccoli. The waitress was happy to have the chef prepare the steaks to our different likings. (Med and med well). The food couldn't have been better. We both had the house Cabernet which was also great. I hadn't been to Bob's on Lemmon in awhile but will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinnerMona4romDubaiDined on 7/19/2014We dined on 7/19/2014 and this is not my first time there, the only disappointment we had was that the waiter didn't tell us about the specials for that night ..we over heared it from a different waiter from another table near by and they had some yummy options that seemed interesting to try ..was a little disappointing but our food was just as great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJMCNBIGDDined on 7/17/2014Outstanding... always has been one of my favorites, and still is!Special Features: