Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue
4300 Lemmon Ave .
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/
- Phone: 2145289446
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue
As Texas’ No.1 Steakhouse, Bob’s Steak & Chop House gives steak lovers what they want, great food and plenty of it. Beef rules in the richly appointed dining rooms of mahogany and forest green, with crisp white table cloths and cozy booths. The perfect atmosphere for business or pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Bob's Steak & Chop House - Dallas on Lemmon Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (46)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great EveningChopsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had the Bacon Shrimp, outstanding, Chopped salad, good, The RibEye was excellent, tasty, tender, all around Great. The overall evening was fantastic as the Food is consistently good
- Great but we felt rushed.CasstxDined on 8/13/2014Everything was excellent again however we were not overly impressed that the main course arrived before we'd finished the appetizer. Although we were dining late, when I'm paying $65 for a steak, I don't expect to be rushed and have it sitting on the table going cold while I finish my appetiser. Other than that, everything was great.Special Features:
- Traditionally goodCheckpleaseDined on 8/4/2014Restaurants in Dallas come and go....Bob's on Lemmon is to Dallas as iconic as the Reunion Ball and Pegasus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerhankwardenVIPDined on 7/30/2014We love Bob's. Been going there a long time. It's one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceRCRMDined on 7/26/2014Great restaurant - we came across this restaurant as we were planning a trip to Dallas and after reading other reviews, decided to give it a try. We are so glad that we did - amazing steaks and the service was just impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPeterlugerloverDined on 7/24/2014Steak was great but wasn't overly impressed with side dishes. Appetizers delicious thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!sakgweaDined on 7/23/2014From the staff to the food everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandiLincolnrandilincolnDined on 7/21/2014JUST GO HERE! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! With 19 in our party...semi private room...absolutely incredible reviews from attendees about food with many thanks for taking them to Bob's Chop House...THIS PLACE ROCKS! From the early set up to the fabulous food...all sending pics to friends...JUST AMAZING SERVICE...thanks to GRETA and the staff! ONLY DRAWBACK: very dimly lit room for awards program dinner. Needed to have lights up for recognition-which apparently was not possible because it raised the house lights in the entire restaurant. They raised them a bit for us...but just sayin'.... FOOD: Freaking AMAZING! Not even 1 complaint in 19 dinners. That is awesome!Special Features:
- AnniversarySuzieDined on 7/21/2014We love going to Bob's! Great food and great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I split the 12 oz filet and a salad (caprese) along with cream corn and broccoli. The waitress was happy to have the chef prepare the steaks to our different likings. (Med and med well). The food couldn't have been better. We both had the house Cabernet which was also great. I hadn't been to Bob's on Lemmon in awhile but will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinnerMona4romDubaiDined on 7/19/2014We dined on 7/19/2014 and this is not my first time there, the only disappointment we had was that the waiter didn't tell us about the specials for that night ..we over heared it from a different waiter from another table near by and they had some yummy options that seemed interesting to try ..was a little disappointing but our food was just as great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJMCNBIGDDined on 7/17/2014Outstanding... always has been one of my favorites, and still is!Special Features:
- Night place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent steak house to share time with friends.Ambirnce is perfect for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Bob'sJoeCoolDined on 7/11/2014The food and service are fantastic. You will love it all!Special Features:
- Great SteaksVanhornDined on 7/11/2014I had the bone-in ribeye. It was amazing and very reasonably priced considering what I got. My wife got one of the filets and she said there was a very strong butter sauce on it. I've always felt steaks should be served without anything on them. This is TGI Fridays, afterall. I'll bet if you ordered it without, it would be better. My dad went Australian on us and had the rack of lamb. The lamb did not survive the encounter and the only leftovers in the bag was the bone from my ribeye which kept my dog busy for about 45 minutes. We got there at 6:30. By 7:30 the place was packed and it was fairly loud, but we still were able to carry on a conversation. There was a large wine list and a nice bar.Special Features:
- Weeknight DinnerPrincessDined on 7/11/2014We hadn't been to Bob's in several years due to a less than impressive dinner. A friend gave us a generous gift certificate so we gave it another try. Good quality steak and lobster but no ambience, nothing special.
- Birthday DinnerHappyDinerDined on 7/10/2014Great place for a birthday dinner. The food was great, as usual. Was surprised to see a family with small children seated next to us, which was also next to the bar. Would have liked a more private and romantic location for 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDinnerDined on 7/3/2014The dinner was great! I would only change the lighting. It was too dark and had a hard time seeing the menu. I had to use my cell phone light to read the menu.Special Features:
- Bob's always deliversScottDined on 6/24/2014Bob's on Lemmon is the best steak house in Dallas, a city with many fine steakhouses. The meal is always cooked to perfection. The service is outstanding. The entire experience is top shelf. Although it is on the xexpensive side, I always find it good value for money.Special Features:
- Awesome!Mrosenbe20Dined on 6/21/2014Everything was great. It was nice not feeling rushed, really able to enjoy our time together and out food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticjjclifton2Dined on 6/20/2014My fiance and I finally tried out Bob's after having lived in Dallas for about 4 years and constantly hearing about it through friends and on The Ticket. Everything we heard was right. The filet and bone in veal were both amazing and perfectly cooked. The service was timely and the place was neat, dark, and much more quiet than Al Biernat's. We love both places, but it was nice actually being able to hold a conversation with one another without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerTBunnyDined on 6/20/2014I took my dad here for his birthday and father's day celebration. I was extremely disappointed that he was not offered a free dessert or anything to make this meal more special. I had a birthday the weekend before, went to Eddie V's and they offered me anything on the dessert menu for free for my birthday and brought it out with a candle. Went to Finn & Porter and they brought out a sample of their desserts with a candle on the plate. When I took my daughter to a dinner for her birthday at a restaurant in the Galleria, they brought out birthday dessert also. My father is 72 years old and I wanted to bring him to a special place with great food and a nice atmosphere. I will not come back here.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food - Noisy EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014My partner and I celebrated an anniversary and a birthday here. The service was great- very personable and attentive/helpful. I used Open Table to let them know about the occasion and the staff was fully informed, wishing us a happy anniversary and birthday. We were very happy with the food - this was probably one of the best steak dinners I've ever had. My partner enjoyed a duck entree; I loved my surf and turf. Our only complaint was the noise level. The room we were in was fairly small and alongside the bar area; a number of small parties enjoying themselves there and at tables created a high and intrusive noise level at times. I'm not sure that the staff could have done anything about it, but it really impacted our evening.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodFrizorio312Dined on 6/14/2014Our waitress recommended bacon-wrapped shrimp as an appetizer and it was just incredible. We were celebrating a new job, and it was just a delightful, romantic experience. Thanks!Special Features:
- wonderful eveningZannaDined on 6/14/2014We really enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Bobs. The wait staff, Jessica( the manager)and the bartender Emma, made it feel like a special occasion! The food was wonderful and we appreciated the complimentary dessert..a delicious piece of cheesecake!Special Features:
- Marvelous DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Wonderful steak. Superb service. I lived two blocks away from the restaurant for 7 years and can't believe I put off visiting until now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but outdated decorAmbassadordeCuisineVIPDined on 6/12/2014Bob's is an institution in Dallas. So, I was excited to finally go after living only blocks away for years. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be going back. The food was good and the filet was very good. But the decor was stodgy and outdated. I know this isn't a trendy place but new carpeting and light fixtures could go a long way to help the ambiance. The menu selection also seemed like it harked from the 1970s. Yes it's good to have old favorites but it's also important to have new, interesting dishes.
- Wife's 50th Birthday CelebrationBigdallas323Dined on 6/11/2014Nice fine dining establishment with fairly decent prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmanVIPDined on 6/10/2014A Dallas institution, always a great place to go for a business dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014Bob's is consistent with good service and great steaks. let you dine and visit.Special Features:
- a ClassicRobinTDined on 6/4/2014while there may be other locations the original delivers! Great steaks and service.. The Bar was on that night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerHappyDinerDined on 5/29/2014We went for a celebratory dinner and it was great. The steaks were excellent and cook exactly to order. Wine list was very impressive and complete. Amazing carrots....I think it's marinated in ginger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best steak I've ever tastedYeyoDined on 5/23/2014excellent size and outstanding flavor, very nice atmosphere and attentionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting old and staleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014This used to be the best steakhouse in Dallas. Unfortunately it is getting old and run down
- Anniversary DinnerHappy2Dined on 5/23/2014We were very happy that Bob's suited our needs for the evening. We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted a quiet romantic dinner without seeing children running through the room or hearing screaming or crying. The service was excellent and the food was too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob's on Lemmon our first.BruceTexasVIPDined on 5/22/2014It was our visit to Bob's Steak and Chop House on Lemmon Avenue. The atmosphere was very good and we had an excellent meal of the filet, Spinach and Mushrooms, A very nice bottle of Caymus. I winery that never disappoints. The Chopped and the Blue Salads were also excellent. Wondering why it has taken us so long to give it a try. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Thanks to all.Special Features:
- Outstanding!MagicmanDined on 5/17/2014We were satisfied with serious steak not only materials but way of cooking. And wines in the list were complete. There were many wines we've never known. We would like to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014I have been wanting to try Bob's since I moved to Dallas two years ago after hearing such great things about the food and dining experience. I felt like I was back east - a very relaxed environment, low lighting and overall great atmosphere to enjoy a lovely dinner with my boyfriend. We had the calamari to start and, wow, was it phenomenal! Along with the bread and our fabulous glasses of Pinot, we were very satisfied in the moments leading up to the big finale! Our delightful waitress dropped off our cooked to perfection porterhouse and had already split that mouth watering carrot on two separate plates for us! The porterhouse was a perfect choice/portion for us because we were able to taste the fillet and the NY strip! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Blown Transformer. No call.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/6/2014First, let me say this is my favorite DFW restaurant. It is great!! However, I had made a reservation to celebrate my wife's birthday/anniversary. We got there and a note on the door stated a transformer had blown on the block, canceling dinner service. I did not receive any notification. I understand that no power means no computers, therefore, no contact information to notify the guests. Normally, that would not be a big deal, but we had set up a babysitter and we had to settle for a not so special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2014Great food. Ambience was a little odd with tables full of men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.