230 Jericho Turnpike
Floral Park, NY 11001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobsplacerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5163548185
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Tuesday - Saturday 12-3 PM DINNER: Tuesday - Sunday 4-10 PM Brunch Sunday 11 AM - 3 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: George Eustler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details. To view catering packages please visit our website at BobsPlaceRestaurant.com.
- Special Events: Join our mailing list a www.bobsplacerestaurant.com for updates on Winemaker's Dinners, Seasonal Menu Sampling, Chef's Table and more!
A word from Bob's Place
Bob’s Place is a new restaurant that offers Contemporary American cuisine in a smart NYC setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bob's Place reviews from OpenTable diners
- Too hot out of food on menuFoodieDined on 6/10/2012Too hot out of food on menu short staffed and don't honor a reservation and still have to wait 25 minutes.
- My wife and I really, reallyshuroVIPDined on 6/5/2012My wife and I really, really enjoyed our meal here. I think we'll be returning often.Special Features:
- I have been here many times.luv2danceVIPDined on 5/26/2012I have been here many times. The food is very good. Our service was terrible. I did speak to the manager. I definitely will go back again.Special Features:
- OUT...STANDING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2012One of the best dinners my wife and inlaws have had in a very long time. There is something you just want for everyone, plus the staff was so well versed in the menu and wine list. Not pretentious, just friendly informed service. WE didn't have kid with us, but the restaurant is children friendly. All in all a great experience. P.S. try the skirt steak and the BBQ sampler. Both are awesome.Special Features:
- AMAZING MOTHER'S DAY DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012Holidays out can be crazy, but this Floral Park restaurant was the perfect choice. The dinner selections were creative and delicious and the wait staff did an incredible job of accommodating everyone. Really excellent!Special Features:
- We went here for a mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012We went here for a mother's day brunch, and initially was skeptical of the place. However, once we entered the restaurant, the decorations were quite classy and we were greeted by our friendly waitstaff. The food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented, and worth every penny. I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- I will not be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012My sister and I took our mom here for pre-mothers day dinner and she was not pleased. The salad took a long time, I oreder shrimp scampi and the shrimp were hard. My mother complained about the Couscous had no flavor. I will not be back.
- AWFUL!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2012We visited Bob's on a Sun night during LI restaurant week. The menu had potential but the kitchen could not deliver. They seemed to be going for a southwest/BBQ theme which excited all of us. The ribs appeared to have been steamed, the pulled pork was mediocre and the tequila lime marinated smoked chicken came to the table as a thin grilled chicken breast. All of the above selections were covered in an awful BBQ sauce that undoubtedly came from a cheap #10 can. The peach cobbler arrived and turned out to be a version of carrot cake with a chunk or two of canned peaches baked in. We will not be returning to Bob's ever again. NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2012It's Long Island restaurant week, the food was amazing, the ribs and brisket were specially good. The potato soup was also great. After all that food we still had dessert, and what a wonderful surprise, one of the best meals I've had in a while!!! Service was outstanding, our waiter John was awesome. Will be coming back soon!!!Special Features:
- We had dined at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/22/2012We had dined at this restaurant several times and were looking forward to a lovely Sunday brunch. However, a rainy afternoon caused the ceiling to leak less than 3 feet from our table. There were 3 buckets on the floor and they were removing a ladder as we were being seated. The waitstaff refused to seat us at another table, even with available space. The constant drip, which became a steady flow, and the saturated ceiling tile, which was about to fall, made for a very unpleasant experience!
- Great brunch, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012We were very happy with our Sunday brunch, having been introduced to it via Living Social. There is a very nice cross-selection of breakfast and lunch items, and because brunch consists of an appetizer AND an entree, you can mix and match. The decor is very pretty, and the servers were professional and friendly. Food presentation is visually very appealing and the food itself is very good.Special Features:
- Outragiously expensive meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2012Outragiously expensive meal. And by 4:00 pm they ran out of leg of lamb. How does this happen on Easter Sunday. Service was horrible. One waiter for 14 people. I never got water and could not find the waiter to ask for some. Had to ask 3 times for an ice bucket for white wine. I found myself looking for the waiter during the entire meal.
- bruch at Bob'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2012nothing spectacular, portion are small, the onion soup was great that is all that needs a mention. i will not be going back
- Lovely place to celebrate !DpakVIPDined on 3/24/2012Lovely restaurant with nice menu selections and accomodating staff. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Excellent Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012The food was delicious. Went there for dinner for special occasion and left very happy. The waitstaff was very good. Our waiter especially was excellent. Will dine there again, and not just for special occasions.Special Features:
- we went for brunch and theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/17/2012we went for brunch and the selection was great. the food was lovely and we left very happy.Special Features:
- I've eaten here on a few occasions.FoodmavenVIPDined on 3/11/2012I've eaten here on a few occasions. The food is very good, which is why I come back, the ambiance is good, and the service is good as well.Special Features:
- I went with a group of six,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2012I went with a group of six, we were all very pleased with food. Our waiter was excellent, he was very personable helped with our selections.Special Features:
- The service usually is excellent.JamieDined on 3/10/2012The service usually is excellent. It was a little crazed this evening.But the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Food presentation excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/10/2012Food presentation excellent although the food could have been warmer. Peter our waiter was very attentive to our needs. I should've requested the food to be warmer but was too hungry. The ambiance in the front room is bright open & airy. Can't wait to have my daughter's bridal shower there. We have been here both for dinner & Sunday Brunch. Would definitely go back & reccommend to thers.Special Features:
- Save Your Money - Awful Service & FvickiDined on 3/4/2012Horrible brunch experience.Caesar salad full of Romaine lettuce spines & yellow/white leaves;no green leaves to be seen anywhere;this part of the lettuce tasted bitter;2 croutons on the whole salad.Complained and the waiter took it away & brought back what appeared to be the same salad.I left a pile of these pale,ugly excuses for Romaine in a pile on the plate.My meatloaf entree was equally disappointing.Meatloaf had a hard crust, was cold & very salty,& the brown gravy on top had started to solidify;the mashed potatoes & green beans,although tasty,were also cold.My friend had same Caesar issues & her burger was overcooked,the bun hard as a rock,& fries were inferior.My Bellini cocktail was the high point.Waiter was inattentive&unapologetic
- A pleasant surprise!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2012Pleasantly surprised!!!! Decor is beautiful! Waitstaff is very attentive, yet does not hover! Food was superb! Excellent brunch menu. We will definitely return to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Enjoied the food, exelentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2012Enjoied the food, exelent service and presentation , wonderful ambiance , will be backSpecial Features:
- The food was supremely delicious,JeanetteDined on 2/21/2012The food was supremely delicious, as usual. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. The winter dining club menu is a deal that cannot be beaten.Special Features:
- Consistently great food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Consistently great food and service - never disappointed.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2012We were very disappointed after reading all the positive reviews. May not have been a typical experience because there was a party in the entire downstairs room so we were seated upstairs. It was a cold evening and it was freezing in the restaurant too. We ate our meal wearing our coats. The food was mediocre and cold. Service was poor and very slow. The waiter was harried and annoyed, I guess too many trips up and down the stairs! Nothing positive to say, would not go back again!
- Always a pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2012We've been to Bob's many times and "he" never disappoints. This brunch was our first but surely won't be our last!Special Features:
- The food was definitely theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2012The food was definitely the best part of Bobs. Our waiter was passable but the food was exceptional. We traveled a decent way to come here and it was well worth it. Should be a regular haunt for locals.Special Features:
- Went to Bob's Place upon otherNYMosie25Dined on 2/4/2012Went to Bob's Place upon other Open Table reviews. Was not disappointed. We were a group of 4 and everyone enjoyed their meals. I had the chopped beet salad to start and it was fresh and tasty. My husband enjoyed the onion soup. For a main I had the skirt steak which was cooked to order and tasty. My friend had the lamb and while it didn't look like what she expected (thin patties0, she said it was delicious. We shared an apple crepe (it was more like a blintz) which was good also. We sat in the front room which had nice decor. We didn't see the main room in back. The eating area in front is opposite the bar but is separated by a half wall which is nice. It was a varied menu..salmon, lamb, a few chicken dishes, a veggie dish. Enjoyable.Special Features:
- Waitress although nice enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012Waitress although nice enough was totally uninformed on menu items, preparations, pricing, etc. My husband requested french fries as a substitute for mashed potatoes. He was charged and extra $4.00. This is unheard of. The bartender couldn't make my drink the way I requested it. That's okay but he was very unpleasant about it. Caesar salad tasteless, creamed spinach wasn't really creamed spinach,,,,very strange consistensy. The restaurant was half empty and I'm not surprised.
- I have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2012I have been to this restaurant many times and have yet to have a bad meal. They recently changed their menu and found it to be even better than their older one. Their waitstaff and host/ess are friendly. The waitstaff are knowledgeable on everything on the menu and the specials they are offering that day.Special Features:
- interesting specials, goodlarrykobgDined on 1/28/2012interesting specials, good tasting food, valet parking made it all the betterSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the wine, food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012Enjoyed the wine, food and ambiance of this lovely restaurant.The wait staff was adequate but failed to advise us of the specials until I asked if there were any...guess she was new.Special Features:
- My favorite aspect of thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2011My favorite aspect of this restaurant is that it has a stylish, upscale appearance without being stuffy. The dining room is bright, but cozy. Every morsel of food was delicious. The wait staff was friendly, attentive, and extremely patient as we had 2 babies with us and needed extra time and space to settle in to our table and also get ready to leave after the meal. This place is great for a quiet night out, a large group celebration, and every occasion in between.Special Features:
- We ate on Christmas Eve; aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2011We ate on Christmas Eve; a time when the wait staff wants to go home too. For some reason they put us in the back, away from the other diners. Don't know why because the restaurant was only 1/2 filled. Figured out later that we had a late reservation and they knew we would probably close the place--probably just easier for the staff to serve us in the back (closer to the kitchen). Food was good. Eating in the back wasn't fun. Live and learn. I would recommend it, but eat in the main dining area.
- Staff attentive but not overOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2011Staff attentive but not over bearing. Great ambiance and kid friendly.Special Features:
- Deliciousluv2danceVIPDined on 12/21/2011I really like the cozy feeling of this place. I ordered the rack of lamb which was prepared perfectly....medium rare. It came with sauteed spinach. My friend ordered the stuffed tile fish with a rice pilaf which she said was delicious. I am looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- Great food; rude wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2011Bob's was very nicely decorated and had a menu not often found in Long Island - city like offerings. The food, for the most part, was very very good. I had two issues with Bob's (the second likely ties into the first). Firstly, the wait staff was terribly unfriendly and nearly downright rude. But then, I went in already knowing that due to other reviews I read (I was hoping it wasn't true). Our waiter did not smile once, did not greet us or say a word when we left and when taking our orders he was abrupt and impatient. The second issue was that, due to the size of our party, they sat us in an area that was up two steps and had heating vents above. It was so terribly hot in there that our guests were fanning themselves, stepping outsidSpecial Features:
- Waitres was "new" and mixedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011Waitres was "new" and mixed our orders as well as served incorrect items. However, she was most apologeticSpecial Features:
- A great local dining surpriserhkfreespiritVIPDined on 12/16/2011We had tried this restaurant when it first opened many years ago and thought the food was just upscale "bar food". We decided to go back and were so happy we did! The menu is very upscale and great dining fare. Our meals were wonderful and we truly felt we were dining in a Manhattan type restaurant. Thank you!! We can't wait to return again and become regulars for dinner.Special Features: