1450 Lombard St.
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boboquivaris.com/
- Phone: (415) 441-8880
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday including hoildays: 5pm - 11pm For any reservation more than 5 parties, please give us a call at the Restaurant and we will do the needful for you.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrea Froncillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bobo's can accommodate 16-20 guests in "The Nook" and 30-36 guests upstairs. "Circo" can accommodate 22 guests. Unfortunately we are not able to book private parties on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Private Party Contact: Lisi Xiao 4154418880x
A word from Bobo's
Bobo's is a stylish destination for the most exquisite steak and crab in the City. With antiqued red walls, colored glass light fixtures and tablecloths, the restaurant is like a plush Venetian jewel box. Executive Chef Andrea Froncillo has created a delectable menu that showcases his signature Italian-Asian fusion. The steak is USDA certified prime beef, dry-aged four to six weeks - longer than anywhere else on the West Coast! The crab is Dungeness, harvested from the Pacific Ocean and roasted in a savory garlic-butter sauce that is positively addicting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bobo's reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (53)romantic (51)notable wine list (33)good for groups (27)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Vibe, GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Mussels are the biggest I have seen in the city...LOVE all the appetizers! We really enjoyed our meal. The bone in filet was delicious, along with the crab legs. Great for a special occasion or special date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best SteakRRMZVIPDined on 11/22/2014The best steak I have ever eaten, it was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014We went for our first time this past Sunday for my boyfriend's birthday. The waiter was attentive and friendly, the food was delicious and the cocktails were done perfectly. The space where we sat was small but cozy, and we completely enjoyed our experience. It's a little pricey, so budget to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service. Bone in Steak was excellent.AaronDined on 11/15/2014I took my girlfriend there and we both had steak and seafood. I had the bone in steak with shrimp and it was excellent. Our server did a great job with us. It was a nice good place, but be prepared to spend your money there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!KyleVIPDined on 11/15/2014Best steak ever! The place i go everytime i am in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayNotafoodieDined on 11/14/2014Everything was just alright. For $200, I was expecting the food to be better quality. The crab was over cooked the sides we small. Nothing noteworthy.
- Bo bo oh no!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014Extremely loud business men talking crudely. Seated under load speaker. Tight seating . Steak and potatoe excellent . I would skip the crab. Will stick with Harris ranch for dinner. Prices way too high for food and drinks. Won't return.Special Features:
- Great Experience. Minus the MusselsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/10/2014Love this place. Bone-in filet was fantastic. Service was outstanding. Will be back for sure. Only bad thing was two people in our party had the mussels and spent the night with the porcelain gods.Special Features:
- Kind of mediocre for the priceEddieDined on 11/9/2014Was disappointed in the steaks, not very flavourful and not very tender. It's like a mediocre restaurant trying to act high end. Service was also lacking, not very attentive. Definitely would not recommend.
- Bobo was excellentExcellentDined on 11/9/2014our meal was delicious especially the half crab. we arrived late after a long day and did not want a lot. They served us perfectly and were happy for to eat relatively inexpensively. Thanks Bobo and Open Table.Special Features:
- ExcellentFlowerDined on 11/7/2014This was our 4th visit to this restauarant and the food, service, ambience and staff were as wonderful as always. The fillet and crab was cooked perectly as was the brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes. This is my favorite place to go while in SF - never any regrets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobo's for the food.SeafoodConnoisseurDined on 11/1/2014Went to Bobo's with my girlfriend for her birthday. The was excellent and the portions are generous. The atmosphere however is far from romantic or even close to quiet. Tables are very close together so you hear everyone's conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Two steaks ordered were chewy and for the price a major disappointment .Special Features:
- Best of the bestjudgethegoodandbadDined on 10/31/2014I have NEVER said this before and we eat out a lot ~ This was the finest steak house we've ever been to. The owner is the chef and I'm a believer that is why the food was perfection. The steak was full of flavor and the side dish was heavenly. Wine choice was not the most expensive but complimented my dinner. The best part of the night was the service from the french server ~ Top notch in every way. We decided to take a seat in the bar area by the window... being it was Halloween. The music in the bar area was loud at first but it actually made it better because we could have a private conversation... If you are in SF Marina area don't miss enjoying dinner here you won't regret the decision.Special Features:
- Bland food....MichBBDined on 10/25/2014The steak and the crab are not worth the $40+ for each. They are both bland, no flavor at all. The side dishes had a little bit of flavor, but we left the restaurant disappointed. The waitress assumed we did not want change back and seemed insulted when asked, to the point of "not gently" placing the change on the table. We will not seek out this restaurant again.Special Features:
- First class steakdrglevineDined on 10/22/2014Man the bone-in filet met every expectation. First class wine service and corkage was $25.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in San FransiscoJlordDined on 10/18/2014I took a girl I have been seeing for a little while here on a nice date, I got the steak, she got the crab, we both loved it! They let us choose between a few seat choices, I let my date choose, great service! Our server was always making sure we were happy with everything, great knowledge of the wine. I do recommend this place, and my now girlfriend (I asked her over dinner) would recommend this place as well!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/14/2014Flavorful meat. Very soft filet. Would go back. My mom enjoyed it thoroughly for her her birthday celebration round up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to Bobo'sDianeVIPDined on 10/12/2014Greatest steaks in SF. We both had the petite filets, medium rare. Both steaks were perfect. We split a twice baked potato and a Cesear salad. Great service and classic San Francisco ambiance. Also a good wine by the glass selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak, great decorTerrbearDined on 10/10/2014Five of us, two kids, went on a Friday night during Fleet Week and had a great dinner. My son, 9, had the Mac'n'cheese and absolutely loved it, truffle oil and all. The steaks, rib eyes and bone in filets were huge, perfectly cooked, and melt in your mouth tender. All of the sides were delicious. Although very tasty, the crab was very overdone - the meat was dry and had that freezer burn taste. From other reviews, this is a common problem. Go for the steak, avoid the crab, and make sure to save up for the bill...very, very expensive, but the steak and decor are worth it for that special occasion. As my 13 year old daughter said: "the decor would be scary if it wasn't so neat!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect San Francisco steakhouseHarrys50thbdayDined on 10/5/2014This was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. It was perfect on all levels staring at the time i booked the reservation to the time we left. The ambiance and quality of food and service were top notch. It is very expensive but we'll worth it. We celebrated a 50th birthday. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findcrabloverDined on 10/3/2014recommended by a co-worker. i love seafood and my husband loves steak so this seemed like the perfect place for us! loved the food, loved the service and loved the atmosphere of this place. i would definitely come her again! the lounge was also a fun little spot. great drinks and friendly service! I am still thinking about the restaurants mac and cheese and my crab that was floating in butter. delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special event.KrukDined on 9/28/2014Thank you Spencer for being so accommodating as our group had a few stragglers as they came from 49er game. Best Cosmo I ever had! We all ordered steak which was excellent - cooked to perfection and to each person's order. The lobster crusting meal in itself. One of the guests is a restaurateur and was very impressed with the wine list. Because a bit pricey and everything ala carte would go back for special occasion.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Booked for 9.15pm but had to wait 15 mins for our table when we arrived. Other than that, evening was very nice. Amazing steak, great service & nice cocktails. Expensive but well worth the dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone-in Filets to Die For!JanetCVIPDined on 9/26/2014This place was such a treat for my husband, sister and me! The food was oustanding, service perfect...we actually wanted to take our waitress home with us for dessert...If I lived closer to Bobo's I would go there much more often. As it is, we will have great memories and be sure to check them out again when we find ourselves back in San Francisco!Special Features:
- First Time Here. Def Not LastFiremanBrianVIPDined on 9/25/2014This was our first trip to Bobo's. What a great experience. We both had a Filet Mignon. For sides we had a twice baked potato and onion rings. Everything was perfectly executed. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCassielouDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I were encouraged to try Bobos by some friends and I'm glad we took their advice. He had the bone in filet mignon, I had the filet and half crab. They had a variety of wines offered, something for every taste. To finish we shared the Italian cheesecake. Delicious! We thoroughly enjoyed our evening, the perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak house in SFoldtdevilDined on 9/20/2014You come here for one reason - the filet minion. Petit, bone-in or super - medium rare as they suggest. It will be the best steak you will eat. And of course you'll indulge in the starters and sides - steak tartare, yellowtail carpaccio, roasted Brussels sprouts, twice baked potato... The menu is small, but mighty. And save room for dessert. The dessert menu varies. This time we had the chocolate bomb, blood orange sorbet and panne cotta. There wasn't a drop left.Special Features:
- OverratedBoobooDined on 9/19/2014We have crab, filet mignon and boned in New York strip. All are fair, nothing to rave about. The one and only thing going for this restaurant is the free valet parking service.
- 2bad2badDined on 9/19/2014Disinterested service and my steak was hastily plopped down on the table hitting my wine glass.Rude and no apology. Filet with bone was tasty as advertised but seemed like it was pan fried in a ton of butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, good steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Noisy restaurant with lack luster service. The food is expensive, so your paying for the quality of the steak but not the quality of the service.
- Great food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014But be prepared to wait an hour even with reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacationblkcatalDined on 9/18/2014One of our favorite restaurant to visit when my wife and I are vacationing in San Francisco! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014This is our second time here. We have friends that visit from Colorado every year and it was requested we go back to Bobo's because it was so good last time. Great steaks, great drinks and service is friendly and knowldgable. See you next year!Special Features:
- Bobo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The restaurant is on a busy street, the view is not great. We made a reservation for a table by the window on the 2nd floor but when we got there we were told that the tables are already reserved for a party. We still got a table close to the window but I think we could have done better somewhere else for the price we paid for our meal. I asked for olive oil and balsamic vinegar to use with the bread, what was served to me had a very very bad taste and I'm very accustomed to the way it should taste. Must have been very very old since is normally not offered, only if you ask for it. The steak was good but the sides not so good. The baked potato didn't taste good, had too much stuff on it. Just a plain baked potato will have been much better.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014I took my girlfriend here recently for her birthday, and we had a great time. The food was outstanding, and te restaurant had a great vibe. The restaurant has much more character than your typical steakhouse. I will definitely come back here for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on parOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Never had a bad meal here. The service at times can be a little off, but overall, you can't miss with BoBo's. Love it.Special Features:
- SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had an overly anxious and rather annoying host to start us off. Great steaks and service from the wait staff helped with that. What I thought was a somewhat uninspired mac and cheese. Good overall.Special Features:
- Meat eaterFargolungDined on 9/12/2014Simple menu. Emphasis on top quality steak prepared perfectly. Wonderful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. "Meh" service & ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/11/2014The title says it all. Food was good, but the service and ambiance is a bit tired. Definitely in need of a face lift sometime soon. The service was pretty slow too. I'll still come back because of the food but management should probably look at making some changes sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.