1450 Lombard St.
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boboquivaris.com/
- Phone: 4154418880x
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday including hoildays: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrea Froncillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bobo's can accommodate 16-20 guests in "The Nook" and 30-36 guests upstairs. "Circo" can accommodate 22 guests. Unfortunately we are not able to book private parties on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Private Party Contact: Lisi Xiao 4154418880x
A word from Bobo's
Bobo's is a stylish destination for the most exquisite steak and crab in the City. With antiqued red walls, colored glass light fixtures and tablecloths, the restaurant is like a plush Venetian jewel box. Executive Chef Andrea Froncillo has created a delectable menu that showcases his signature Italian-Asian fusion. The steak is USDA certified prime beef, dry-aged four to six weeks - longer than anywhere else on the West Coast! The crab is Dungeness, harvested from the Pacific Ocean and roasted in a savory garlic-butter sauce that is positively addicting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bobo's reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (60)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (39)notable wine list (31)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Delicious dinner worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We made a reservation for 8:15pm on the Sunday of Labor Day Weekend. We had to wait a little over half an hour in the bar before we were seated at a table. My husband does not eat steak or shellfish but he really enjoyed the basa filet. I eat red meat on occasion and enjoyed the filet mignon and half crab. Our wine selections were lovely. Will come again when ready for another big feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Ambiance and service were wonderful. steak was undercooked. Mac and cheese was the worst I have ever had. Crab and shrimp a greasy mess. I really wish the food had matched the service and adorable setting.
- Love this place!!!Foodie1981Dined on 8/29/2014Try to get here at least once a month.....although they are known for their steaks......the mussels and crab are excellent!!!! The salads, especially the Caesar and Baby Bleu are spool good! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobo's RestaurantFoodieatheartDined on 8/29/2014Quality of food is outstanding; howerver, price of good is offensive. I would not return based solely on pricing. There are too many other great steak options in SF that are priced properly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Once again a great meal at Bobo's! The bone in steak is the way to go and I loved the chard and also the panne cotta. Its always a little warm in there so dress in layers. The wine list is not so great....bring your own!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Veeery expensive steak. There are better steak houses that charge less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!HappyDined on 8/25/2014We had a great time with wonderful service and tasty food. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Go for the steaksJR322Dined on 8/23/2014The steaks were great, though felt that the appetizers and sides we ordered (crab bruschetta, brussles sprouts and mac 'n cheese) all sort of missed the mark. But it is a steakhouse after all. We're there to eat meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobos Steak HouseSteakmanDined on 8/16/2014Great food. Great service. A place to go when you would like to treat yourself, your friends or your significant other to a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion placeSirmunchalotDined on 8/15/2014This is a great special occasion place. Food was excellent, decor was different but grows on you in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was perfect, but when I arrived they had my reservation down for 8:00pm even though OpenTable clearly stated 6:45pm. The Host was very nice and accommodated us at 6:45pm. Don't know if that was a glitch in the system or what!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksliketoeatDined on 8/8/2014I got the bone in filet, medium rare, and it was fantastic. Definitely worth it and I recommend Bobo's to anyone looking for a good steak restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in SFBelgianTravellerDined on 8/5/2014One of the best steak house we ever had ! Amazing bread unfortunatly it was just half cut so it was hard to eat but definitely the best restaurant's bread ! There was no free side for the Filet-mignon wich surprise us.Special Features:
- Absolutely OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We decided to try Bobo's for our Anniversary dinner, it was recommended by a friend. My husband loved the Yellow fin Carpaccio and we both said it was the Best fillet we had ever had....the Basil Martinis were great too, as was the wine list. We would definitely recommend this for any occasion. If you are booking for an anniversary, they have tables for two that are in little alcoves and very romantic.Special Features:
- maybe ill visit againnotaluckynightDined on 7/24/2014it was an ok visit that time i went, but the side order was to salty and to top it off our car got hit while under the responsibility of the valet attendant and restaurant. Not to happy about that but now i will think twice before visiting again.Special Features:
- Best Steak and CrabOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I went her for my 30th Birthday with the inlaws and my husband and our son. We had the steak and crab, the mushrooms and tomatoe salad. Everything was beyond expectation. By far thee best in the bay. A definite unforgettable birthday dinner. Thanks Bobo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious birthday dinnerEatingGuruDined on 7/20/2014Went here a few days ago to celebrate my husband's birthday. We all enjoyed such outstanding food (crab, shrimp, steaks, etc...). It was pricey with the ala carte menu, but all was truly delicious. Waitress was prompt but not hovering, as well as quite personable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Once AgainHousenDined on 7/19/2014Second time here, and once again everything was excellent. I don't do much comparing of steakhouses, but rather like to have one go-to place in each city I visit, and this is the one for SF.Special Features:
- Not worth the price!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I read some reviews prior to booking and was excited to try this restaurant. It was also recommended by a local as a hidden treasure. My son and I ordered the bone in NY strip and my wife the petite filet along with some sides. I have had better steaks at Outback steakhouse and my wife's filet looked like something off a kids menu. Now before you think I don't know anything, let me fill you in. I make special trips to eat at Peter Lugers in NY and have eaten at Pappas Bros. in Houston. Bobo's cannot scratch the surface of these places! My meal ended up being a waste of $260 tip incl. This doesn't include the taxi ride. Sorry, but NOT WORTH THE PRICE! Service was ok, but not what you would expect from a place like this.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Dined with a group of 6 so we were able to order ONE OF EVERYTHING!!! Nothing disappointed from appetizers, shell fish, sides, fish, STEAK, dessert, and wine/alcohol. I highly recommend Bobo's. It was really good. Bonus: they have a nice lounge two doors up the block where we enjoyed cocktails while we waited for our table. I will definitely come back for special occasions!!Special Features:
- The best steak in the worldregulardinerDined on 7/16/2014The 49er or bone in filet are 2 of the best steaks in the world. A must for any steak fan.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodBiggadaDined on 7/13/2014Booking online last minute was easy. Initially the table we were shown to was dark, however, when your eyes adjusted to the room it was pleasant, intimate and romantic for my wife and me. The service was very good. Having dined here four years ago I was keen to see if the restaurant had changed from the high standard I had experienced then. It had not. There was no lengthy delay with the meal and our steaks (I had the signature dish and my wife had the petite fillet mignon) were perfect. Great place for wine and steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+AH24Dined on 7/6/2014I've been to Bobo's 3 times, and each time the experience has been spot on. The 20 oz bone in filet has tremendous flavor. The lobster crostini, delicious, served with fresh mozzarella and avocado. Thick, juicy portobello mushrooms taste like a steak of their own. Wine list isn't gigantic but it's reasonably priced with notable California wines. Friendly, professional service from Eric and Ilsa. Bobo's does it right, don't miss out.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFoodie22Dined on 7/5/2014The food here was amazing. My boyfriend and I got the in-bone filet mignon and it was truly worth the price tag.Special Features:
- Kind of Dark and Interesting...butWhatWorksForMeDined on 7/4/2014Pretty average food. Reminds of the Brazenhead, but not nearly as good food. Large square bar scene and then tucked away tables that look fine for a date. For a place that prides itself on being a "steakhouse," average at best...seafood was just fair. Also ona very busy part of Lombard, and is the base of a Travelodge. Not a bad spot by any means, but it was definitely over hyped to me. Looked like a better place to eat at the bar.
- Not worth the moneySurprisedDined on 6/29/2014It was not what we expected. We expected an upscale high end restaurant. The dining area where we sat didn't lead to any private conversation as the tables next to us were either separated by a curtain between the table pushed against it and maybe 12 inches on the other side. The restaurant was very dark. That can be overlooked and just not what we wanted. But the major disappointment was in the quality of the steaks. My wife and I both got the filets and they both were not tender at all. I had sections that were fatty. Not good. I ordered my steak with au poivre but the waiter had no clue what that was. Given that it was a high end steak house, I was very surprised that that was the case. The steaks were definitely not worth the $40+.Special Features:
- Great meal, enjoyed the eveningMartini4u2Dined on 6/29/2014I have been to Bobo's about 5 times, never have had anything to complain about. The food is good, steaks are cooked right, and the filet is wonderful. We always have the double mussels-double crab as an appetizer, and it is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable celebration!CHresidentDined on 6/28/2014Chose Bobo's for a celebration of my birthday despite reading some uneven reviews online. We were blown away by the quality of both the food and the service. Jorge was great. Friendly, helpful, not pushy and somehow figured out it was a celebration despite no one telling him it was. We weren't hurried at all. We stuck to the steaks on the menu as we prefer that to seafood. The steaks (petit filet, filet and bone-in filet) were perfectly cooked, flavorful and tender. The sides (brussel sprouts, mac and cheese, and twice baked potato) complimented the steaks perfectly. While we didn't order apps or salads, they looked delicious. We had a small taste of dessert as a gift from the restaurant, delicious. The "eclectic" interior was funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels are on pointFoodieDined on 6/28/2014My favorite restaurant for mussels. Love them! Also, love their Filet mignon and their brussel sproutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Started off with the taretare and single order of mussels which were both fantastic. For the main course got the bone-in filet (rare) which was easily the best I think I may have ever had. Reasonably priced compared to those other 'high end' steak houses. The filet here is to die for. Paired with the twice baked potato, you're set to go!Special Features:
- steaks in san franciscodragonwingsDined on 6/23/2014party of 3 on Monday night, we were seated right away and the table was wheelchair friendly as requested, but the cold breeze on my back from the front door had me in my jacket for the entire meal. Bread was good but needed butter. We ordered the Apple, walnut cranberry salad very good and enough to share, dressing was also used to dip the bread in. The porterhouse, bone in new york and, fillet. they were very good but suffered from cold plates my fillet had several fat ribbons running through it, the guys said while the steaks were very good, Ruth Chris steaks had better flavor and were more tender, I agree. Sides were incredible 2x baked potato big enough to share, mushrooms and Brussels sprouts needed a sizzling serving platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Just great once again. 20 oz bone in illegal. Fantastic service and the food accompanied the service quality. A+.Special Features:
- Top Choice for SteakVIPOpenTablerDined on 6/18/2014Their bone-in filet is the best in town. I've had birthday celebrations, romantic eves and work events here - all have been superb and well worth the expense. There are other top-notch restaurants in the city/bay are but the ones with consistent service, food, wine/drinks are rare... Bobo remains a fave on my list for a reason. We've had Theo and other servers - all great. Theo's tip: order the deluxe seafood sampler plate - had more items so gave something for everyone and good portions of each vs. ordering shrimp and crab separately. He was right!Special Features:
- Always a treatMinnetteDined on 6/17/2014We've been going to Bobo's for about 10 years. It's always a great evening. The wait staff is friendly, efficient and you can tell they like their job. Food is great - we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Steak in San FranciscobvincesfDined on 6/16/2014The Steak. The Crab. That is what you need to know. Bobo's is amazing and what surf and turf is all about. The wine list is excellent, cocktails are well made, and the staff is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobo's for aniversarySHELLIEJELLIEDined on 6/16/2014Normally the service is great, but can't say this for this time. The waiter was polite, but seemed distracted and too busy. Also, the business groups seemed to be getting served first and at a faster pace. Also, we had to find someone to get the A1 and catsup. The yams were not hot. Service has been better, much better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We went to celebrate my daughters' 21st birthday. It was wonderful,everything. The food,service, and the room. It was expensive but well worth it.Special Features:
- Amazing Meal - Two Thumbs Up!Ronstopable1Dined on 6/14/2014The steak and crab was amazing! I cannot explain in words how juicy and perfectly cooked the steak was. The appetizers were wonderful as well. Me and my spouse enjoyed the meal and the service. I will go again most defefinitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winninghapagirl004Dined on 6/14/2014Bobo's is a sure thing is you want great food, wine & service. It's the holy trinity. Go there. Now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great old-school steak and crabRL0080Dined on 6/13/2014This was our first visit to Bobo's and we liked it very much. We had a great waiter who was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine. We ordered their signature bone-in filet and it was very good. We would both return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.