1450 Lombard St.
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boboquivaris.com/
- Phone: 4154418880x
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday including hoildays: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrea Froncillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bobo's can accommodate 16-20 guests in "The Nook" and 30-36 guests upstairs. "Circo" can accommodate 22 guests. Unfortunately we are not able to book private parties on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Private Party Contact: Lisi Xiao 4154418880x
A word from Bobo's
Bobo's is a stylish destination for the most exquisite steak and crab in the City. With antiqued red walls, colored glass light fixtures and tablecloths, the restaurant is like a plush Venetian jewel box. Executive Chef Andrea Froncillo has created a delectable menu that showcases his signature Italian-Asian fusion. The steak is USDA certified prime beef, dry-aged four to six weeks - longer than anywhere else on the West Coast! The crab is Dungeness, harvested from the Pacific Ocean and roasted in a savory garlic-butter sauce that is positively addicting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bobo's reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)fit for foodies (64)romantic (56)neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (37)notable wine list (30)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best steak in San FransiscoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I took a girl I have been seeing for a little while here on a nice date, I got the steak, she got the crab, we both loved it! They let us choose between a few seat choices, I let my date choose, great service! Our server was always making sure we were happy with everything, great knowledge of the wine. I do recommend this place, and my now girlfriend (I asked her over dinner) would recommend this place as well!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/14/2014Flavorful meat. Very soft filet. Would go back. My mom enjoyed it thoroughly for her her birthday celebration round up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to Bobo'sDianeVIPDined on 10/12/2014Greatest steaks in SF. We both had the petite filets, medium rare. Both steaks were perfect. We split a twice baked potato and a Cesear salad. Great service and classic San Francisco ambiance. Also a good wine by the glass selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak, great decorTerrbearDined on 10/10/2014Five of us, two kids, went on a Friday night during Fleet Week and had a great dinner. My son, 9, had the Mac'n'cheese and absolutely loved it, truffle oil and all. The steaks, rib eyes and bone in filets were huge, perfectly cooked, and melt in your mouth tender. All of the sides were delicious. Although very tasty, the crab was very overdone - the meat was dry and had that freezer burn taste. From other reviews, this is a common problem. Go for the steak, avoid the crab, and make sure to save up for the bill...very, very expensive, but the steak and decor are worth it for that special occasion. As my 13 year old daughter said: "the decor would be scary if it wasn't so neat!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect San Francisco steakhouseHarrys50thbdayDined on 10/5/2014This was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. It was perfect on all levels staring at the time i booked the reservation to the time we left. The ambiance and quality of food and service were top notch. It is very expensive but we'll worth it. We celebrated a 50th birthday. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findcrabloverDined on 10/3/2014recommended by a co-worker. i love seafood and my husband loves steak so this seemed like the perfect place for us! loved the food, loved the service and loved the atmosphere of this place. i would definitely come her again! the lounge was also a fun little spot. great drinks and friendly service! I am still thinking about the restaurants mac and cheese and my crab that was floating in butter. delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special event.KrukDined on 9/28/2014Thank you Spencer for being so accommodating as our group had a few stragglers as they came from 49er game. Best Cosmo I ever had! We all ordered steak which was excellent - cooked to perfection and to each person's order. The lobster crusting meal in itself. One of the guests is a restaurateur and was very impressed with the wine list. Because a bit pricey and everything ala carte would go back for special occasion.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Booked for 9.15pm but had to wait 15 mins for our table when we arrived. Other than that, evening was very nice. Amazing steak, great service & nice cocktails. Expensive but well worth the dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone-in Filets to Die For!JanetCVIPDined on 9/26/2014This place was such a treat for my husband, sister and me! The food was oustanding, service perfect...we actually wanted to take our waitress home with us for dessert...If I lived closer to Bobo's I would go there much more often. As it is, we will have great memories and be sure to check them out again when we find ourselves back in San Francisco!Special Features:
- First Time Here. Def Not LastOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/25/2014This was our first trip to Bobo's. What a great experience. We both had a Filet Mignon. For sides we had a twice baked potato and onion rings. Everything was perfectly executed. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCassielouDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I were encouraged to try Bobos by some friends and I'm glad we took their advice. He had the bone in filet mignon, I had the filet and half crab. They had a variety of wines offered, something for every taste. To finish we shared the Italian cheesecake. Delicious! We thoroughly enjoyed our evening, the perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak house in SFoldtdevilDined on 9/20/2014You come here for one reason - the filet minion. Petit, bone-in or super - medium rare as they suggest. It will be the best steak you will eat. And of course you'll indulge in the starters and sides - steak tartare, yellowtail carpaccio, roasted Brussels sprouts, twice baked potato... The menu is small, but mighty. And save room for dessert. The dessert menu varies. This time we had the chocolate bomb, blood orange sorbet and panne cotta. There wasn't a drop left.Special Features:
- OverratedBoobooDined on 9/19/2014We have crab, filet mignon and boned in New York strip. All are fair, nothing to rave about. The one and only thing going for this restaurant is the free valet parking service.
- 2bad2badDined on 9/19/2014Disinterested service and my steak was hastily plopped down on the table hitting my wine glass.Rude and no apology. Filet with bone was tasty as advertised but seemed like it was pan fried in a ton of butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, good steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Noisy restaurant with lack luster service. The food is expensive, so your paying for the quality of the steak but not the quality of the service.
- Great food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014But be prepared to wait an hour even with reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vacationblkcatalDined on 9/18/2014One of our favorite restaurant to visit when my wife and I are vacationing in San Francisco! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014This is our second time here. We have friends that visit from Colorado every year and it was requested we go back to Bobo's because it was so good last time. Great steaks, great drinks and service is friendly and knowldgable. See you next year!Special Features:
- Bobo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The restaurant is on a busy street, the view is not great. We made a reservation for a table by the window on the 2nd floor but when we got there we were told that the tables are already reserved for a party. We still got a table close to the window but I think we could have done better somewhere else for the price we paid for our meal. I asked for olive oil and balsamic vinegar to use with the bread, what was served to me had a very very bad taste and I'm very accustomed to the way it should taste. Must have been very very old since is normally not offered, only if you ask for it. The steak was good but the sides not so good. The baked potato didn't taste good, had too much stuff on it. Just a plain baked potato will have been much better.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014I took my girlfriend here recently for her birthday, and we had a great time. The food was outstanding, and te restaurant had a great vibe. The restaurant has much more character than your typical steakhouse. I will definitely come back here for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on parOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Never had a bad meal here. The service at times can be a little off, but overall, you can't miss with BoBo's. Love it.Special Features:
- SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had an overly anxious and rather annoying host to start us off. Great steaks and service from the wait staff helped with that. What I thought was a somewhat uninspired mac and cheese. Good overall.Special Features:
- Meat eaterFargolungDined on 9/12/2014Simple menu. Emphasis on top quality steak prepared perfectly. Wonderful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. "Meh" service & ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/11/2014The title says it all. Food was good, but the service and ambiance is a bit tired. Definitely in need of a face lift sometime soon. The service was pretty slow too. I'll still come back because of the food but management should probably look at making some changes sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 minutesAlexav2mDined on 9/11/2014I took to prospective clients here for what I had hoped would close the final deal. Despite our reservation we still had to wait 30 minutes. It put a huge damper on what would otherwise been a great evening. I felt bad for the host. The manager was actually a little rude. Our waitress a young brunette girl was fantastic. Bone in filet was amazing.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencewanttocruiseDined on 9/11/2014Our party of 4 had the mussels, shrimp & crab appetizer. Would probably just go with mussels and crab which were great. Then on to the bone-in filet which is their signature dish. Combine this with friendly service and you have a great evening!Special Features:
- Spotty serviceReno00VIPDined on 9/5/2014Very romantic atmosphere but due to the numerous smaller rooms, the noise level is very high. The service is less than adequate. My steak was ordered medium and came back very rare. It took over 5 minutes (which is a lifetime when waiting for even a glimpse of your waitress) to tell the waitress my issue and then it seems as though she really didn't care. No apology. Too many other great places in SF to give them another chance. I hope I just caught them on a bad night.Special Features:
- Just WHAT is a "foodie"MineDined on 9/5/2014I am ashamed of myself for having missed going to Bobo's for so long! I do not know if they have the best steak in San Francisco/California/or the United States. If they do not have the best, then it is right there with whatever is. FANTASTIC Surf and Turf with the bone-in filet and the half crab. The onion rings are very nicely sized. I even remarked how good the blue cheese for the blue cheese salad is--and there were even cheese chunks that could be eaten!
- KelleeFineDinerDined on 9/4/2014This is a great little spot that you can go to in jeans, as a romantic date or for a less formal business dinner. The actual restaurant is very eclectic, typical San Fran neighborhood spot. Not an upscale snobby place by any means. The waitress we had was great. The kind of service where they appear when you really need something rather than constantly hovering or interrupting. But the best part of the night was the absolutely amazing food. I had the lobster curry soup which was incredible. Then they delivered the filet on a bone. Ok...I'm not just saying this. I think this was the best steak I've ever had. Perfectly seasoned and literally melted in your mouth. No need for a steak knife, your butter knife was all that was necessary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner worth the waitweenjoydiningoutDined on 8/31/2014We made a reservation for 8:15pm on the Sunday of Labor Day Weekend. We had to wait a little over half an hour in the bar before we were seated at a table. My husband does not eat steak or shellfish but he really enjoyed the basa filet. I eat red meat on occasion and enjoyed the filet mignon and half crab. Our wine selections were lovely. Will come again when ready for another big feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KkaicemouseDined on 8/31/2014Ambiance and service were wonderful. steak was undercooked. Mac and cheese was the worst I have ever had. Crab and shrimp a greasy mess. I really wish the food had matched the service and adorable setting.
- You must eat here!YummyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Recommended by our SF friends, we went to Bobo's to celebrate my SO birthday. What a wonderful experience! We started out at the bar - drinks were delicious. Our dinner was amazing - I was wishing I had a bigger stomach to eat more, haha! We shared the bone-in filet with crab and a side of brussels sprouts. We can't wait to go back the next time we are in SF!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!Foodie1981Dined on 8/29/2014Try to get here at least once a month.....although they are known for their steaks......the mussels and crab are excellent!!!! The salads, especially the Caesar and Baby Bleu are spool good! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobo's RestaurantFoodieatheartVIPDined on 8/29/2014Quality of food is outstanding; howerver, price of good is offensive. I would not return based solely on pricing. There are too many other great steak options in SF that are priced properly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Once again a great meal at Bobo's! The bone in steak is the way to go and I loved the chard and also the panne cotta. Its always a little warm in there so dress in layers. The wine list is not so great....bring your own!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Veeery expensive steak. There are better steak houses that charge less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!HappyDined on 8/25/2014We had a great time with wonderful service and tasty food. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Go for the steaksJR322VIPDined on 8/23/2014The steaks were great, though felt that the appetizers and sides we ordered (crab bruschetta, brussles sprouts and mac 'n cheese) all sort of missed the mark. But it is a steakhouse after all. We're there to eat meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobos Steak HouseSteakmanDined on 8/16/2014Great food. Great service. A place to go when you would like to treat yourself, your friends or your significant other to a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion placeSirmunchalotDined on 8/15/2014This is a great special occasion place. Food was excellent, decor was different but grows on you in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.