695 Deerfield Road
Deerfield, IL 60015Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bobbysdeerfield.com/
- Phone: (847) 607-9104
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday 11.a.m to 3:30 p.m.
Monday to Thursday 4:00.p.m to 10.p.m.
Friday to Saturday 4:00 to 11:00
Sunday 4:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Augie Arifi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bobbys Deerfield
Bobby’s Deerfield is based loosely on our other location Café Lucci which we have developed over the last 17 years. Similar to Café Lucci, Bobby’s Deerfield will serve as a true neighborhood locale, marked by our signature personal service and unmatched friendly atmosphere. However, Bobby’s Deerfield will be a more casual eatery, completely accessible in every way. Reminiscent of the iconic, nostalgic neighborhood restaurant of yesteryear, Bobby’s Deerfield will bring graciousness back to dining out, in a simple way, by turning out the best product and best service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bobbys Deerfield - Best Restaurants in Deerfield ›
Bobbys Deerfield reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (59)notable wine list (52)great for outdoor dining (46)vibrant bar scene (41)special occasion (38)great for lunch (36)hot spot (32)romantic (19)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Convenient locationAmyPVIPDined on 11/21/2014The best thing about Bobby's- other than the location that is very convenient for shopping and access to 94 and 41- is that the staff is consistently friendly, attentive, and efficient. It is a pretty restaurant; when full the high ceilings make it quite noisy- but it doesn't seem to reach "full" that consistently I thought when Bobby's opened that the food was tastier than it is now. But I am an awful orderer due to dietary restrictions and am not adventurous, don't mix meat with cheese- the choices for me are not exciting Like it best in warm weather or for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014Another great experience overall. Started with the sweet and spicy calamari - my favorite preparation anywhere. My wife's Dover sole was amazing. I had the gnocchi with braised brisket; I have to admit it was not as savory as I would have hoped. I had envisioned pulled beef in a dark broth. The dish came with a light broth and cubed meat. Again, it was good, but not great. And I think a lot of that had to do with what I had expected vs. what I received. Wine service and cocktails started very slow - waited about 20 minutes; but that was more than acceptable with the service that followed. The waiter was very nice, if a little bit distracted. That was fine. Bobby (owner) was very nice - visited the table and chatted with us a couple of times during the night. Even brought us some homemade limoncello at the end of the night. We have been about 3-4 times before, so we are far from regulars. So, I found this to be a genius move on his part. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night out was fabulous at Bobby's!OutstandingDined on 11/18/2014Excellent fresh healthy food, wine and service...Bobby's is becoming a fav!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FInddeesDined on 11/16/2014First time for dinner, though I had dined several times for lunch. Plentiful menu, more abundant than most, with a wide range of choices for every palette. The wait person was very open to specific requests and changes to dishes. Everything we requested was accommodated. I ordered Chicken Caprese, the only surprise was that it was accompanied with a large portion of cauliflower, though that was not listed on the menu. When the dish arrived I was taken aback, since I had never eaten cauliflower, on purpose! I did find it tasty, but the sides should not be a surprise. My bad for not asking, yet cauliflower is an unusual choice. Had I known, I would have asked for another substitution. Decor is beautiful, music is soothing, it was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deerfield needed a place like thisOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/15/2014We had a great night at Bobbys. Ended up eating at the bar and ran into friends. Skirt steak w/ Jalapenos was amazing, and the service was outstanding. Great bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 11/9/2014Very enjoyable and prices are fair. Food and service were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BummerRotmelDined on 11/8/2014I was really disappointed that we had to wait for 25 minutes past the time of our reservation before being seated. They thanked is for our patience but a round of drinks or an appetizer on the house would have made me feel a lot better. The rest of the evening went great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceStashasmomDined on 11/8/2014Very tasty food in a pleasant atmosphere. Service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great additionGarthPithbottomVIPDined on 11/7/2014Good to see Bobby's crowded on the weekends. This is a great add to the local dining scene. Food and service is very good. Can be a little noisy in the dining room. We go to Bobby's frequently and have always left very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Destination in DeerfieldAllenDined on 11/1/2014Very nice spot in Deerfield with one of the better bars. This is one of the few places on the North Shore where the bartenders know how to craft a cocktail. I put Bobby's in the same category as Guild Hall in Glencoe or Trifecta in Wilmette (Winnetka?).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014Augie runs a great kitchen. The food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great!MmmgoodDined on 11/1/2014We loved our dinner! Beautiful decor! Will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice surprise!easytopleaseVIPDined on 11/1/2014hadn't been here for awhile. Food was very good. I think of this as place for a good hamburger. I was wrong. Had Scottish Salmon. Really enjoyed my meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FinddeesDined on 10/28/20141st timer here. attentive service from wait person to bus person. Impressive, full featured menu. Crab salad and sandwiches tasty. Nice plating and presentation, Plentiful parking and neighborhood gemSpecial Features:
- Without flawOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Our favorite restaurant by far. It has never dissapointed in any way. The service, food presentation and preparation, menu choices, ambiance etc. are all perfect. Exceptional wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...BillyVIPDined on 10/11/2014We've been to Bibbys several times and have enjoyed it each time....so naturally we thought of it when going out with friends who'd never been there . The food was fabulous as usual. Our server - well - he was much more interested in anything but helping us The night would have been 5* except for himSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Very disappointing experience. Our reservation was at 7:15, we did not get seated until 7:30. When we were seated we were exiled to the very back of the back room where there was only one other table occupied. Our waiter was extremely busy and did not take our order until 8:15. The hostesses could have cared less that we had to wait a half hour past our reservation. The calamari came out cold and our waiter did take it back. The rest of the food was good.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable...ApotheosisVIPDined on 10/9/2014Our server, Jim, was very attentive, helpful, accommodating and patient. The food was very good. Table reserved was just as requested. The hostess was a little nervous because I checked in and 3 minutes later went back to let her know the rest of my party had arrived and she acted as though she'd never seen me before. It was a little awkward. I liked the place, however, and would certainly return.Special Features:
- Always a Solid ChoiceHungryGuyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great food...very professional service. Great to have Bobby's in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Hopefully a one offJB22Dined on 10/1/2014I took a couple of friends to lunch at Bobby's after having a great experience on my prior visit. But this server brought me the wrong salad, which had too much dressing and unsatisfying garnish. My friends enjoyed their meals. When the right food comes to the table this is a great place.Special Features:
- vibrant evelitabetDined on 9/30/2014We had a wonderful reunion, my friend and I, excellent wine, food and conversation. Service was great..The only thing was with a reservation we still had to wait for a table..If 7 p.m. reservations come early don't give away our 6:45 reservation table-'not cool. That's why not 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Premo location for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/24/2014Client suggested as a place to meet for lunch. Excellent service, wonderful specials, and appropriately sized portions. Parking was a challenge, but not impossible.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service But..DeerfieldresidentVIPDined on 9/23/2014Bobbie's has a great location, but is way overpriced. The service was excellent, but didn't warrant the cost. The food was delicious! I've been to downtown restaurants that charge less. I'm a Deerfield resident and would love to see a menu change.Special Features:
- Completely Delicious!FoodieGrlVIPDined on 9/20/2014Starting with the Liberator gin martini was an excellent recommendation from the bartender. My vegetarian companion had the eggplant Parm (it was the best ever), and I had the veal piccata that melted in my mouth. We will be back!Special Features:
- Tasty/noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/20/2014The food is EXCELLENT! Bobby's salad is great (serves 2). I had the sea bass with arugula special - it was exquisitely cooked and well-balanced. But... the noise is INTOLERABLE! I measured it - 90 dB. Not as loud as at a rock concert, but very disturbing. You know that it's too noisy when you have to yell to have a conversation with people at the same table. Around 10 pm when most people had left, we suddenly realized that there was some music playing at the restaurant. We couldn't even hear it before that.Special Features:
- Solid Deerfield RestuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Very cool space (for Deerfield) with a nice outdoor patio, a terrific bar with knowledgeable bartenders, and solid food choices. If you don't feel like heading into Chicago or Evanston, this is a great alternative. Has some of the best bartenders in the area if you like well-made drinks. From the classics to the modern. Great for an after-work drink and appetizer as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014in a nut shell, great food only surpassed by the attentive service. The manager/host was ever present to make sure everyone was on top of their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Probably 10th time here and never disappointed. Only minor complaint is that skirt steak salad, while good, was a little overpriced at $28.Special Features:
- First time at Bobby'sGoBlueDined on 9/13/2014Food and service were good. Too much noise. Music with drum beats adds to the noise level. With the noise caveat (making it difficult to hold a conversation), I would recommend Bobby's for the quality and amount of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not HappygarywVIPDined on 9/13/2014Second time here. Ordered the halibut special. I did not like it. The flavor was odd and the texture was not right. After trying it I requested a different dish. The manager told me the chef said it was fresh and properly prepared. Therefore unless I paid for a new entree they would not replace it. I felt I satisfied and like I had not been heard. This would never have happened at wildfire which is my favorite in the area. At these prices I will not be back. No effort was made to appease me in any way. I will not be back.
- Doesn't sound Italian butWhaler2Dined on 9/11/2014Wonderful food and service reasonably priced. Nothing negative to saySpecial Features:
- Great for LunchNeed2noVIPDined on 9/10/2014Interesting flavor twists on traditional menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ambianceAlidacvgDined on 9/9/2014Second time coming to this place, first time was for business and now I brought my family to try it out. Food does not dissapoint and service is excellent. I plan to return.Special Features:
- Fresh food prepared perfectly!OutstandingDined on 9/5/2014Highly recommend this restaurant, make a reservation today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobby'sgarywVIPDined on 9/4/2014I really enjoyed it. Main courses were great as was the service. A little pricey for a neighborhood spot but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobby's is amazingTubbienumber1Dined on 9/3/2014Great fare, experienced servers and amazing food selectionSpecial Features:
- Great value and foodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014Entrees are very good, portions large and they only run about $17-25. We come here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemRAPHAELDined on 9/2/2014Both service and food quality were superb at yesterday's business lunch meeting.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceDFWJGVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was great. Service was weak. Not used to this as Bobby's other restaurant is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousPhartVIPDined on 8/29/2014We celebrated my birthday at Bobby's. I came with my children and appreciate that the wine list has exceptional wines by the glass. (I enjoyed a glass of Caymus with dinner). The calamari is always cooked perfectly and prepared in a balsamic reduction. Two of us had the filet oscar which was cooked perfectly. Service is attentive and friendly. Bobby's is by far one of my favorite restaurants in the northern suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.