Bobby Van's Steakhouse - DC
809 15th St., NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/
- Phone: 2025890060x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three private dining areas; three that can open up into one large room holding 95 persons seated; Minimum of twelve persons for a private room
- Private Party Contact: Management 2025890060x
A word from Bobby Van's Steakhouse - DC
Bobby Van's Steakhouse has been named Top Steakhouse in the Washington Magazine and best Porterhouse in DC in the Washingtonian. Along with our Prime, dry-aged beef, we offer the freshest seafood and wonderful specials. Our wine list is a best of Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)great for outdoor dining (67)romantic (60)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (48)good for groups (42)great for lunch (38)neighborhood gem (34)late-night find (15)hot spot (15)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014My Husband and I went here to celebrate our 13th Anniversary and we will be going back!! We had reservations and were immediately seated when we arrived. The atmosphere was nice and everyone was tentative to our needs. We were pleasantly surprised with two glasses of champaigne for the celebration. Our server was very knowledgeable and suggested that we try The Porterhouse Steak for two. Excellent choice....juicy, flavorful....the best of both worlds! If you'll looking for good steak and service try Bobby Van's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Way overpriced. May have been fancy in 80s. I ordered chicken marsala, nothing special too much pasta and hardly any mushrooms. My meal tasted like any ordinary dinner made by a housewife on a weekday. Will not be back.
- Never againROMANTICVIPDined on 10/17/2014The steak was burnt but they said it was charred. Bobby vans used to be sooo awesome. They didn't try to fix our steak the just said its like that. The waiter never came to check on us. This experience was terrible. This used to b such a classy jointSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Very location, menu, food & service. Prices were a little high, especially the appetizer's.Special Features:
- best dining in the areaseraph2Dined on 10/17/2014We had the porterhouse special and it was prepared to perfection. The rock fish was also a special and was served with a lump crab potato hash and asparagus. Again, perfect quality, perfectly prepared. Youddefinitely recommend to a friend and will be going there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceTM1016VIPDined on 10/16/2014The food and service were excellent. Large servings and staff was very efficient and polite. Our booth was close to the happy hour crowd thus it was a little noisy. Otherwise, I would return but asked to be seated on another side of the restaurant. When making my reservations, I made note that we were celebrating our anniversary. Once we were seated, the waiter gave a 2 glasses of champagne....a very nice touch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Town!ArtHVIPDined on 10/15/2014Bobby Van's has the best steak in town! I always go for the ribeye, and can never eat the whole thing. So I take some home for a second meal. Add to that excellent cocktails, and a great wine list, and it is the perfect place for a night of great steak and excellent wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great but .....SkifoodieDined on 10/14/2014The server and service was absolutely great, however we were confined to a booth and there were four people so it was very cramped. The food was good but not great certainly not worth the price.Special Features:
- GreatjhgoetzDined on 10/13/2014Old-fashion New York style steakhouse in the heart of DC. Nothing bad to say about the place; surely will return.Special Features:
- Rushed but gooddineandwineDined on 10/11/2014We frequent Bobby Vans In NYC regularly and decided to try their DC restaurant. the service was very good and the steak was cooked and tasted great. Our biggest issue was that each course followed the other by minutes. As soon as we ordered, the appetizers appeared and as soon as we put our forks down, within two minutes our steak was on the table and no sooner than our dinner was done, we were given dessert menus. Once the desserts were orderd they magically appeared which led me to believe the dessert was probably microwaved to its warmth. We felt a little rushed even though the restaurant was far from full. We didn't hate our dinner but we weren't overly excited about having dined there.Special Features:
- Delightful Birthday CelebrationPutzeeDined on 10/11/2014Delicious carnivore locale, extensive wine options, quiet enough for private conversation, with wonderfully attentive service made for a delightful birthday celebration. Easy valet parking, greeted graciously by the Maitre d', who wished the celebrant Happy Birthday upon arrival started the evening extremely well and set the tone for a lovely evening, complete with complimentary candled dessert for the celebrant - and as always, more than enough to share. The Maitre d' again bid us a good evening while walking with us outside and lingering to await the car. Leftovers were gratefully enjoyed at home the next day. An all around winner and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent place but there are betterArlington412VIPDined on 10/10/2014Decent dinner but there are better steakhouses in DC for the price.
- Bobby VansjoelDined on 10/4/2014The food was great and the service was excellent. I got the scallops and my date got the NY strip. Both were incredible. As was the spinach side. The hash browns were good but not great. It is literally such a big serving that the outside is nice and crisp but the inside is a bit mushy. And it could've used a little garlic and/or onion to give it a little extra flavor. Wine selection was very good. The waiter even offered to give us a break on a specific bottle but we weren't up to having a full bottle (unfortunately) so we didn't take him up on the offer. The molten cake was also very good, even though we really didn't need it.Special Features:
- Quiet and service was subparOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014We went there to celebrate our engagement. It was never really mentioned even though the note was on our reservation. Food was good, but service lacked and ambiance was terrible, felt like we were eating at a diner in a booth.
- Bobby Van's was just okayFrankMDined on 10/4/2014We decided to try Bobby Van's to celebrate our daughter's birthday and our overall impression is that it was 'just okay'. When we plan a $100 per person night out, we expect more than what Bobby Van's restaraunt delivered. Our waitress was wonderful but the maitre d was rude and took a phone call instead of addressing us. We ordered 2 of the Porter House for two (both medium-rare) and while one order was perfectly cooked the other was nearly raw. The "large" sides we ordered for our party of five were very small portions compared to other steak houses (e.g., Ruth's Chris or The Palm). Overall, there was. Nothing special about this restaraunt and next time we will go to The Palm.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerMy2014Dined on 10/4/2014OMG!!! From the manager to our server Rod was great .. I witnessed at least five different servers touched our table from delivering bread to cleaning off the table with a crummer ....Special Features:
- Bobby Van'sD9dolovrDined on 10/3/2014The food was plentiful and delicious.our server Rod was exceptionally friendly ,helpful ,and professional.My wife and I enjoyed our experience and definitely intend on dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014This place offers your standard steakhouse fare, but the execution is very good. I've had several steaks, as well as seafood, and have yet to be disappointed. Everything is delicious and prepared exactly as ordered. The service, however, tends to be a bit slow. I'm usually seated in the same area and, as a result, have the same waiter. He is very personable and knowledgeable about the menu, but can be slow. While he checked on us several times, it took so long to get the check that we asked another waiter to get it for us. Our waiter apologized, but this is not the first time it has happened. Still, I plan to return and (perhaps) sit in an area that is served by a different waiter so that I can do a comparison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/30/2014Great salmon salad- cooked perfectly and service was very attentive as always. I take clients there and am always pleased.Special Features:
- May need a new favorite steakhousejbonesVIPDined on 9/27/2014I've always been a HUGE BV fan. Great food, nice restaurant...a place my husband and I have had celebrations over the years. But going there over this past weekend was not the same. The service was spotty and mediocre and the charm from before just wasn't there. It didn't help that they sat us by a utility closet that servers were going in and out of during our meal. For parents with a small child with date nights that are few and far between, I'm sad to say that I don't think BV's will stay on our short list of places to go. Overall our steaks were good, but appetizer was overcooked and not that warm (calamari).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014The porterhouse was to die for! Already planning a return...with guests!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basically what you'd expectTK2013Dined on 9/27/2014If you're looking for a high-end steak house experience, that's what you'll get here. We had a fine dinner, with good steaks. One of our steaks came out way overcooked at first, but they graciously and very quickly brought out a new one that was done much, much better. There were also some mysterious extra charges on our bill, which they graciously and quickly removed when we pointed that out. Other than the couple service slip-ups, we had an enjoyable steak meal and a nice anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- the food was just okfoodfamilyfriendsDined on 9/27/2014The fried calamari and bread was great. So I know the main course was going to be good too. Boy was I wrong the steak was like eating a tennis shoe. The lamb chop was also overcooked. We both order medium rare. I was a Lil afraid about eating here after reading other reviews on Google and yelp.Special Features:
- swedeDined on 9/26/2014outstanding service and food. atmosphere was as anticipated. Waiter was attentive and a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not goAferreiranetoVIPDined on 9/25/2014The meat was completly burnt. And the worst was tthat the waiter said that it was normal. All plaits come out of the kitchen like this he said.
- AwesomeBD237Dined on 9/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant for when I travel. I eat at this restaurant every time there's one within 30 miles of where I am traveling. I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite RestaurantActorMcKinnonDined on 9/12/2014After my very first experience at Bobby Vans Steak House, I must say it is now my new favorite restaurant. Best crab cakes I've tasted in a very long time. Actually, everything I've ordered from the entree, to the sides, to the desert was superb. Great service, great wine, and very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Our food was outstanding and normally I would suggest such a restaurant to any of my friends but in this case, due to the service, I will not. We were not notified of any specials (tables around us were) and when the waiter finally did come to us he asked if we were ready to order everything at once (if I wanted that kind of service I could have gone to Outback and got better service for half the price).
- Good place for business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Bobby Van's was a great place for our business dinner. Food was excellent as was the service. Noise level could have been better but was not a negative factor in the overall experience. Definitely the right spot for our meeting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014the food was very good. the servers were attentive. the overall experience was one that we enjoyed. would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even with kids it was awesomeMDTwinsMamaDined on 9/6/2014We went for a birthday and even with my children the staff were patient, attentive, and made us feel like we were welcomed. I recommend going early if you do take kids (and that they be at least over 7) because most of the other guests are couples and they expect a quiet dining experience. The food was good and the service was the absolute BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently good! WonderfulDHOUZEDined on 9/5/2014My favorite Bobby Van's. I have gone to several Bobby Vans in the area. This is by far the one that I return to again and again. From the time I enter the restaurant, I feel welcomed and it continues throughout my dining experience. ANOTHER THING Hats off to the HOST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent NightHalifax64Dined on 9/2/2014If you are looking for an outstanding restaurant with exceptional service and food, this is it. A true example of "you get what you pay for". Not a cheap night but you wont be disappointed that the splurge was well worth it and you leave feeling well taken care of and completely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulRaymondDined on 9/2/2014This was my first time at this restaurant and will not be my last. If was the perfect place for my anniversary.Special Features:
- LeighleeDined on 8/30/2014The steak I had was one of the best (if not the best) I have ever had. That includes trips to Ruth Chris. I shared the Porterhouse for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, service was notseascapeDined on 8/30/2014Bobby Vans is ont he expensive side, but you can get better service at restaurants that are far less expensive. After being seated, we were ignored for 15 mins. One of our menus was dirty. Our server never told us the special and when we requested one, he was not sure it was available to us. Since we waited so long for our orders to be taken, we requested more bread which never came. The server who brought our food could not tell us which sauce belong to what meal. No one came to remove our dirty plates.Special Features:
- Nearly Perfectcms20024Dined on 8/30/2014We got a nice table for two outside front and so we were able to take in the beautiful August weather. Food was generally very good, just one hiccup with mac and cheese side that was flavorless. Calamari app, Steak entre and Shrimp Scampi entre all knocked it out of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014As always the food was great and the waiter Rodney was outstanding. We took out kids this time and the kid menu was great and as was the food. Would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lack of tastesAbertcinoDined on 8/30/2014Very disappointed, for 58$ a piece of veal chop, my 15 yrs old son could done a better job. absolutely Has no taste. Not even worth to try with groupon
- Food looks goodFirstimerVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have dined at the restaurant twice and although the food looked delicious, and the temperature was perfect, it was very under seasoned. Sautéed spinach and Mac and cheese were very bland. My fiancé had the rib eye and it too was bland. We were also seated at the last booth where the servers were standing and could hear the chef calling out orders. This didn't make for a romantic dining experience at all!Special Features: