Bobby Van's Steakhouse - DC
809 15th St., NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/
- Phone: 2025890060x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three private dining areas; three that can open up into one large room holding 95 persons seated; Minimum of twelve persons for a private room
- Private Party Contact: Management 2025890060x
A word from Bobby Van's Steakhouse - DC
Bobby Van's Steakhouse has been named Top Steakhouse in the Washington Magazine and best Porterhouse in DC in the Washingtonian. Along with our Prime, dry-aged beef, we offer the freshest seafood and wonderful specials. Our wine list is a best of Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)great for outdoor dining (63)romantic (53)fit for foodies (43)great for lunch (42)good for groups (38)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (15)great for brunch (14)hot spot (12)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- AwesomeBD237Dined on 9/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant for when I travel. I eat at this restaurant every time there's one within 30 miles of where I am traveling. I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite RestaurantActorMcKinnonDined on 9/12/2014After my very first experience at Bobby Vans Steak House, I must say it is now my new favorite restaurant. Best crab cakes I've tasted in a very long time. Actually, everything I've ordered from the entree, to the sides, to the desert was superb. Great service, great wine, and very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Our food was outstanding and normally I would suggest such a restaurant to any of my friends but in this case, due to the service, I will not. We were not notified of any specials (tables around us were) and when the waiter finally did come to us he asked if we were ready to order everything at once (if I wanted that kind of service I could have gone to Outback and got better service for half the price).
- Good place for business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Bobby Van's was a great place for our business dinner. Food was excellent as was the service. Noise level could have been better but was not a negative factor in the overall experience. Definitely the right spot for our meeting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014the food was very good. the servers were attentive. the overall experience was one that we enjoyed. would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even with kids it was awesomeMDTwinsMamaDined on 9/6/2014We went for a birthday and even with my children the staff were patient, attentive, and made us feel like we were welcomed. I recommend going early if you do take kids (and that they be at least over 7) because most of the other guests are couples and they expect a quiet dining experience. The food was good and the service was the absolute BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently good! WonderfulDHOUZEDined on 9/5/2014My favorite Bobby Van's. I have gone to several Bobby Vans in the area. This is by far the one that I return to again and again. From the time I enter the restaurant, I feel welcomed and it continues throughout my dining experience. ANOTHER THING Hats off to the HOST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent NightHalifax64Dined on 9/2/2014If you are looking for an outstanding restaurant with exceptional service and food, this is it. A true example of "you get what you pay for". Not a cheap night but you wont be disappointed that the splurge was well worth it and you leave feeling well taken care of and completely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulRaymondDined on 9/2/2014This was my first time at this restaurant and will not be my last. If was the perfect place for my anniversary.Special Features:
- LeighleeDined on 8/30/2014The steak I had was one of the best (if not the best) I have ever had. That includes trips to Ruth Chris. I shared the Porterhouse for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, service was notseascapeDined on 8/30/2014Bobby Vans is ont he expensive side, but you can get better service at restaurants that are far less expensive. After being seated, we were ignored for 15 mins. One of our menus was dirty. Our server never told us the special and when we requested one, he was not sure it was available to us. Since we waited so long for our orders to be taken, we requested more bread which never came. The server who brought our food could not tell us which sauce belong to what meal. No one came to remove our dirty plates.Special Features:
- Nearly Perfectcms20024Dined on 8/30/2014We got a nice table for two outside front and so we were able to take in the beautiful August weather. Food was generally very good, just one hiccup with mac and cheese side that was flavorless. Calamari app, Steak entre and Shrimp Scampi entre all knocked it out of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014As always the food was great and the waiter Rodney was outstanding. We took out kids this time and the kid menu was great and as was the food. Would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lack of tastesAbertcinoDined on 8/30/2014Very disappointed, for 58$ a piece of veal chop, my 15 yrs old son could done a better job. absolutely Has no taste. Not even worth to try with groupon
- Food looks goodFirstimerVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have dined at the restaurant twice and although the food looked delicious, and the temperature was perfect, it was very under seasoned. Sautéed spinach and Mac and cheese were very bland. My fiancé had the rib eye and it too was bland. We were also seated at the last booth where the servers were standing and could hear the chef calling out orders. This didn't make for a romantic dining experience at all!Special Features:
- Think TwiceSadFoodieDined on 8/30/2014It was huge disappointment dining experienced. This over-rated restaurant is supposed to be high quality/rating restaurant but instead they have inexperienced service wait staff, and inexperienced cook (yep cook instead of Chef). We started w/a bottle of champaign which the waiter almost overflow pouring it. The sweet chilli calamari appetizer is good. We ordered well-done lamb chops and a med-rare filet mignon as main course. The lamb chopped was burned, charred and drier than jerk meat, and the Filet was cooked to medium well instead of med-rare with zero seasoning. It was really sad experience for a foodie like myself. The decor is really outdated and the booths can use an upgrade or maintenance.
- Bobby Van's SteakhousemmmvaDined on 8/30/2014This the first time I've dined for dinner at BV's and we were one of the first diners at 5:30 PM (could be why it was so quiet). Have often eaten lunch there in a group. The restaurant is cozy and wait staff provides excellent service - very attentive. Love their Kir Royal cocktails. :-) Food was tasty but was "just a little" disappointed in the petit fillet - not as tender as it should be for $39. We ordered our fillets medium rare and medium. Side dishes were delicious as was the blue cheese wedge salad. Cappuccino was very good and shared a chocolate brownie dessert (recommended by waiter). A little too dry for me but dining partner liked it. I would definitely return for lunch and do dinner again but order a different cut of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Why, no fault of Bobby Van's, but while I sat outside enjoying my dinner on a lovely Saturday night, I was attacted by two bees---that spoiled the whole thing and caused me to have to take a doggie bag, no desert, and finish my dinner at homeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014I went for dinner on a Friday evening and was seated outside (to take advantage of the beautiful evening). All of the food tasted good and was well prepared. My only inkling of a complaint was that my wine wasn't replenished in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againNeveragainDined on 8/29/2014Service was lousy and slow. What I order came out completely wrongSpecial Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Living off of a legacy name. WAY overpriced for the quality of food they put out. District Chophouse, Rays the Steaks and Medium Rare all have better food and are all better priced.
- Bobby Vans is okayMDdinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014The menu offered a lot of options. Be prepared it is quite pricey; not sure if it's worth it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014Stuffy & overpriced. The service was dismissive. Our server seemed annoyed we were there, probably because we had a livingsocial deal. No problem, we won't be backSpecial Features:
- Great alwaysJeriDined on 8/28/2014The food was very good. We asked for the steak medium well and it came out perfect!!! The staff was very attentive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food HORRIBLE serviceGordonGekkoDined on 8/28/2014I've been here multiple times and assumed the recent third visit in a row would be a charm but that wasn't the case. I thought the prior two visits for dinner were a bad luck of the draw of servers but after this lunch visit and similar experience, there is clearly a customer service problem here. Waitstaff takes FOREVER to show up to take orders and then they literally do not come back! You have to flag down other servers to get attention, have drinks refilled, or order dessert. I flagged down one lady who didn't understand english and couldn't help me at all! I saw a table of 5 got up and leave after what seemed like an eternity for drinks to arrive. Service should be on par with the menu at a fine dining establishment. It's not here.Special Features:
- Noisy NeighborsJaywestVIPDined on 8/25/2014Dinner itself was good, but ruined by loud, crass classless table next to me. Some people don't know no better, you know what I'm sayin'. A damn shame.Special Features:
- good restaurant, steep pricingworldtravellerDined on 8/23/2014Great place, good food (not exceptional) and lovely to eat outside on a warm evening in August. Two persons, one (shared) starter, great meat and a side dish for $200 isn't your average hamburger joint, but then again, you're in the capital of the world having dinner, so what do you expect? The salad is ready for improvement.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We went for the first time for my husband's birthday. The food was excellent as well as the service. We would definitely recommend Bobby Van's to our friends.Special Features:
- Just Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014We were seated promptly and told that our waiter would take our order shortly. Well, "shortly" turned into such a long wait, that we asked someone to fetch the waiter. The waiter apologized, and the worst part of the evening was over. After that, the service was prompt and the food was great. The escargot appetizer "swims" in melted butter, but that's not a problem for me. I used bread to soak up the sauce. My petite filet was perfectly cooked. It was served with blue cheese and a sauce on the side. The sauce was delicious and enhanced the flavor of the meat (although the meat was fine on its own). My (very picky) husband had the lamb chops, and really enjoyed them. We didn't have room for dessert. Hopefully, we will next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobby Van DCHonestReviewerDined on 8/21/2014Bit pricey but great food and service. Had a $50 groupon for $100 worth of food. Ordered an appetizer(mussels), 1 petite steak and 1 rib eye, 2 sides, a soda and a wine. Total including groupon was about $160 not including tip. Without the groupon we would not have enjoyed this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MooseDined on 8/19/2014Great steaks. Had the fish tacos, they were splendid. The creamed spinach is the best in the south. Harry's salad, always. The location is the best in DC.Special Features:
- My husband is happyvicluvswineDined on 8/19/2014Went here for my husband's birthday cause he loves steak and thinks I can't cook them the way he likes (bloody). So I made the reservation and surprised him after work. Although they sat us a little close to the door the noise level wasn't bad at all, you didn't feel like you had to whisper but it was quite enough that if you wanted to have a quiet romantic conversation you could. I had the chicken and penne, the chicken was dry but overall a okay meal. My husband of course had the steak, and boy was he impressed, I don't think I have ever seen him smile that much. He cut into it and it was cooked to his specifications. He loved it, I they are a steakhouse and they do steak to perfection. I would recommend it for any steak loverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Maybe it was the company we were eating dinner with, maybe it was the GREAT waiter we had or maybe it was the perfect weather out on the patio.....we had a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Great experienceFoodieDined on 8/15/2014It was great to dine at Bobby Van's during restaurant week. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadie65Dined on 8/14/2014My dinner was excellent (fish cooked perfectly). Husband had filet which he said was not aged but satisfactory. Cocktails were great. Desserts were no where homemade. Tasted like they came directly from the freezer.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week MenuAngelaDCDined on 8/14/2014Unlike many other high end restaurants who present mediocre and menial restaurant week fare Bobby Van's no slacker. As a regular patron it was great to find the 10 Oz filet on the menu. I had mine medium rate. Perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Top NotchTerryT1Dined on 8/14/2014Lunches are definitely equivalent to dinners. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience in yearsDistrictDiningRocksDined on 8/14/2014I was with a group of 7 for an early lunch reservation. We were one of the only tables in the restaurant, yet the service was incredibly slow, inattentive, and rude. Ordering was rather painful, as the server didn't seem to know the restaurant week menu. 3 ordered the flat iron and 2 others ordered the filet mignon; however, 5 identical steaks were brought to the table. We were told they were all flat iron. Not wanting to delay the group, I tried the steak rather than insisting on what I ordered. While I've never actually tried eating an old shoe, I assume that's what it would taste like. When I asked to have my filet instead, the server reversed himself and told us that everyone received filet. There was more, but I'm out of characters.
- Wonderful Service!StephanieVIPDined on 8/13/2014BV's Steakhouse provided the best food, ambience and service I've had at a steakhouse in a very long time. Nelson started and ended our meal with great suggestions and recommendations. Everything from the steak to the mac & cheese to the cheesecake was divine! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KudosOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014I always ultilize restaurant week to try out places in which I havent been. Then, based on my experience determines whether I will go back. Hence, Bobby Vans is defiantly a place I will be returning. the 10oz Filet was cooked to perfection and just melt in your mouth. Then to top it off the prosciutto mac n cheese was to die for. The server was very knowledgeable and paced our meal nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.