Bobby Van's Steakhouse - Broad Street
25 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - Broad Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/
- Phone: (212) 344-8463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Friday 11:30am-11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bobby Van's, located across from the New York Stock Exchange, can host a private party for 4 to 400 in a variety of rooms that use the original 1898 structure to create lush and evocative dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Tez Termulo Bois 8777174940
- Special Events: 1/2 PRICE WINE LIST EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT WITH DINNER.
A word from Bobby Van's Steakhouse - Broad Street
Bobby Van's Steakhouse and Grill located across from the New York Stock Exchange uses the original 1898 structure to create lush and evocative dining rooms filled with dark wood, cream-colored walls and beautiful chandeliers. Pass through the glass entrance of the steakhouse into the grand dining room with 20' ceilings to face a gorgeous 20-foot bar and a floor-to-ceiling wall of wine and liquor. Dine under the soft lighting of the grand chandeliers and enjoy succulent 28-day dry-aged prime steaks and the freshest seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - Broad Street reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)good for groups (27)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (14)romantic (13)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The decor is traditional steakhousesaintVIPDined on 9/27/2008The decor is traditional steakhouse appearance. Service staff were all very friendly. However the food took a long time to come. The steaks were not bad. But we all agreed that Wolfgang tastes better. Very kids friendly. They have kids friendly food also.Special Features:
- The night we went to BobbyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2008The night we went to Bobby Van's was the night Tropical Storm Hanna came through. We arrived for our reservation anyway, wet but glad to be there. We both had the filet minion as our entre which was delicious. They were about 3 inches thick, and cooked med rare perfectly! Unfortunately, it took a long time for the steaks to get to us, but the restaurant offered us a free dessert for our trouble before we even thought of complaining. I would love to visit Bobby Van's again.Special Features:
- Okay for business lunch butOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/5/2008Okay for business lunch but otherwise a bit pricey
- Outstanding Porterhouse, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2008Outstanding Porterhouse, although much more expensive than the other steakhouses throughout NYC, for the same grade and quality steak. The service was generally very good, except for the runner who was anxious to clear the table immediately upon eating the last piece of steak on the plate.Special Features:
- Perfect spot for a businessHmmmmVIPDined on 8/13/2008Perfect spot for a business lunch downtown. Never had a bad meal there, whether it's one of their enormous bone-in ribeyes or a lighter fish. Terrific experience every time.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner...appetizersBlueSmokeFanDined on 8/6/2008Wonderful dinner...appetizers were lump crab cocktail and a lobster cocktail both out of this world delicious. For dinner, my friend had the petite sirloin which was more than ample in size, cooked as requested, tender and delicious. I had the broiled fillet which was ample in size as well, flakey and delicious. Typically I avoid fillet because I only like it cooked fresh (as opposed to being frozen then cooked). I suspected I could trust Bobby Van's fillet and I was not disappointed. Dessert was coffee and a shared Tartufo and we left with big smiles. The service was excellent and our meal was not rushed. Was it pricey...no more so than any other fine restaurant. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food in a terrific setting!BillyDined on 8/6/2008Great food in a terrific setting! With construction in the area a little tough to get to though
- The restaurant week menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/28/2008The restaurant week menu was very disappointing. They featured a winter menu in the summer, which was not pleasing. The dish I had was very disappointing as well. It was a pork tenderloin and had no taste. It was like commisary food. In addition the only steak item on the menu was a filet with a ten dollar supplement.
- The steak (and food in general)OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2008The steak (and food in general) was excellent. The service was iffy however; our server was also working a large party so I will chalk that up. The ambiance is great with dark wood (and the bank vaults, of course). Interestingly, on a Saturday night, the financial district is dead. Bobby Van's is steps from Federal Hall and the NYSE but there were less than a dozen people in the area (all tourists). If the area perks up, the restaurant could be a hot spot.Special Features:
- Impress business associatesnomiDined on 7/24/2008Impress business associates for lunch No reason to go upstairs - the downstairs grill is cheaper and same qualitySpecial Features:
- Over-rated, over-priced wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/26/2008Over-rated, over-priced would never go back or recommend to anyone.
- Although the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2008Although the restaurant was very quiet, due to it being Friday night in the Financial District, the Service staff was outstanding. They never missed a beat. Cudos! And the Steak was the best I have had in NYC. Thank youSpecial Features:
- You need an evaluation categoryOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/13/2008You need an evaluation category that is "Good for Business Lunch" becaust that is what it is good for. My swordfish was way overdone but my client's scallops looked good.
- Food was great although thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2008Food was great although there was lots of it, we ordered too much and it would have been nice if the waiter had told us, as they must know the portions are large. We wasted an awful lot and felt very guilty about it -if only they had told us not to order so much !Special Features:
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2008The food was good, but the waiters really pushed the drinks in a manner that was far too aggressive. And we were not teatotalers.
- We confused the grill andnotafoodieperseVIPDined on 6/4/2008We confused the grill and steakhouse but they were gracious enough to handle.Special Features:
- The food was good though expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2008The food was good though expensive the space nice. The problem was the service. I had to ask 3 times for a glass of water and twice for a second glass of wine in a half empty restaurant. I expected more from a restaurant of this stature especially in these economic times when one tends to be more selective and with so many choices near by.
- I have no words to describeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2008I have no words to describe how good my steak was. I had it Friday night and today is Sunday and I am still talking about my Steak Gorgonzola. Blue Cheese + Sirloin = Paramount Flavor. The ONLY thing is that I was expecting to eat INSIDE THE VAULT. But there was an event that night. When I made the reservation I specifically requested to get seats in the vault but It never happened. Maybe if there was a way to let customers know about this through the website or a call would be nice. My girlfriend flew up here for the weekend and I wanted it to be a spectacular dinner inside the vault. OTHER THAN THAT THE STEAK WAS OUT OF CONTROL!!! :) Oh.. THE BREAD IS ALSO AMAZING...Special Features:
- Very good client dining experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/1/2008Very good client dining experience, no surprises food and service.
- I love this place. It hasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2008I love this place. It has a very attractive interior, the food is good & the service is excellent.Special Features:
- For the price you would expectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008For the price you would expect amzaing service. The waiters were really on their C/D game. Dirty dishes piled up on our table. We had to ask for them to be removed and refills on wine. The only thing that saved this experience was the lobster Mac & Cheese. Yum. But do take-out.Special Features:
- The clams on the half-shellOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2008The clams on the half-shell were very fresh and tender. The steaks were very good and prepared properly. The sides were a nice surprise. The bill? $360 with tip for 4.Special Features:
- The waiter was a little indifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2008The waiter was a little indifferent at first, but fimally was more attentive and personable at the end of the evening.Special Features:
- I had the filet and althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2008I had the filet and although it was good, the large cut is just not a tender as I like. The place is a little noisy. Service was very good. Staff takes care you like I would expect at a high end place.
- This NY steakhouse is stepsTorontonianTravellerVIPDined on 2/16/2008This NY steakhouse is steps from Wall Street. Consistently great food. If you are splurging try their seafood appetizer platter to start (best for at least 4 people) but be prepared to be full -- it was wonderful. If you ask you might get a table in JP's old vault (in the basement part of the restaurant).Special Features: