Bobby Van's Steakhouse - Broad Street
25 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - Broad Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/
- Phone: 2123448463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Friday 11:30am-11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bobby Van's, located across from the New York Stock Exchange, can host a private party for 4 to 400 in a variety of rooms that use the original 1898 structure to create lush and evocative dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Tez Termulo Bois 8777174940
- Special Events: 1/2 PRICE WINE LIST EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT WITH DINNER.
A word from Bobby Van's Steakhouse - Broad Street
Bobby Van's Steakhouse and Grill located across from the New York Stock Exchange uses the original 1898 structure to create lush and evocative dining rooms filled with dark wood, cream-colored walls and beautiful chandeliers. Pass through the glass entrance of the steakhouse into the grand dining room with 20' ceilings to face a gorgeous 20-foot bar and a floor-to-ceiling wall of wine and liquor. Dine under the soft lighting of the grand chandeliers and enjoy succulent 28-day dry-aged prime steaks and the freshest seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - Broad Street reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)good for groups (27)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (19)romantic (16)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very good steakhouseNYFoodieDined on 9/2/2014Quite expensive, but very good meat. Friendly staff, dine in an old bank vault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Meal/Very Good ServiceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Average meal, expensive, even by NYC standards. Very good service.
- Outstanding EveningebnycDined on 8/15/2014Bobby Van's on Broad Street was the perfect place to dine with close friends, family or a loved one. The front seating area has a beautiful view of the NYSE and very coz booths. The steaks are incredible! If you're not sure what size filet to order....order the larger one! There's always room for a delicious tender perfectly grilled Bobby Flay steak,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Hidden GemTonyDined on 8/15/2014We all know that some places trim their menus for Restaurant Week. Not so at Bobby's Van's on Broad Street. My friend and I perused a wide variety of beef and seafood choices, soups and salads and quality desserts. They did not disappoint. The steaks were cooked to order, the Malbec was smooth and rich, and the aforesaid desserts sufficiently decadent. On top of the meal, we were given a private tour of the Grill Vault even though it was closed Friday evening, a fantastic treat. A great place for a traditional Wall Street dining experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful and DeliciousFoodieDined on 8/15/2014It was truly a beautiful ambiance and a delicious meal. The desert was sublime and the service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!AthenaDined on 8/13/2014I have been here a few times and every time I come back the food is always superb. It is an excellent place to eat with colleagues or in a large group. Everyone should eat in the vault at least once.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!StarDined on 8/11/2014My family and I had a very enjoyable experience at Bobby Van's Steakhouse. The food and service were great. We loved sitting in the vault!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceKazmarskiDined on 8/9/2014The dinner that we had was great;however, it was fairly misleading with the vault. We picked this place as we both are engineers and thought it was a fantastic idea to turn an old vault in the financial district into a restaurant. Yet, when we were there we were not able to sit in the vault, or even see it as it was closed to the public. Overall it was good but it definitely took away from the experience as we were planning to be in the vault. Wish they just stated that before hand. Of the food, I recommend the maple glazed balsamic bacon and the salmon. Both very very good.Special Features:
- Awesome!GigiVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great for group of 8 people (including kids), we loved our meal, even the kids who are picky eaters. Friendly staff, we were really happy to have found this place on our first trip to New York.Special Features:
- Excellent across the boardOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014I can't say anything but excellent on absolutely everthing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Reserved the table in the wine cellar. Great for our party of 4. Quiet and fun a is ce
- Great and solid steak house!Theresaluvssteak1Dined on 8/4/2014The service is always great! The food is exceptional and we were there for lunch restaurant week and the serving sizes are huge! Definitely a must do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeanna12Dined on 8/1/2014Went to this restaurant for restaurant week with my boyfriend and some friends. My friends arrived first and already they were seated. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted, taken in to the rest of our party and seated. We also.asked about the Vault dining area which was downstairs and lucky for us we got a tour. It was so nice and we learned somewhat about the restaurant background. The food was great for all us and even though we didn't get a drink menu we still received great service. Everyone was attentive, helpful and accommodating. Definitely will go here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 8/1/2014The steak was dry even though I ordered medium rare and the bacon app was chewy.Special Features:
- NiceLuv2eatDined on 8/1/2014Great customer service, I will go back again and refer a friend, colleague, or even a stranger. LolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Out of Town GuestsOutofTownerDined on 7/30/2014We brought business colleagues from Japan for lunch. Food was good, martinis properly served. Service was attentive up until time to pay bill. Waiter disappeared and someone else took care of it after an awkward delay.Special Features:
- Nothing specialAnnabananaDined on 7/24/2014I had steak that came with mash potatoes and onions. The food was not great and was cold.not worth it... Such a waste of money
- Bobby Van's gets my voteAvy2014Dined on 7/24/2014I thought the service was really good. The waitress was very nice and respectful. A gentle man who appeared to be the manager was accommodating and respectful as well. I enjoyed the select lunch menu for restaurant week. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Food was amazing. Had the Chilean sea bass. Amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014We came here for the Restaurant Week Lunch Menu. Since it is a steakhouse, we didn't have high expectations on the appetizers and desserts. So we weren't surprised that both were just ordinary, just ok. For our entrees, we ordered the sliced steak sandwich. It came with a side of fries, which were horrible. But the sliced steak was delicious; if only they could have hold the bread and the fries. Because we were here and paid Restaurant Week prices, there are no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in a bank vault - pretty coolOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/11/2014Much more than burgers and beers, I had the steak sandwich which was rather good and my companion had lobster ravioli. Both were very good, the burgers looked great. Service was excellent and the atmosphere is very Wall St. If you are in the are and you are looking for a great lunch spot without killing the bank, this is a great spot.Special Features:
- Porterhouse For Twosteakfor2Dined on 7/2/2014Bobby Van's Resautant came highly recommended to me by a friend that has a simple palate and loves delicious food. He could not rave enough about the quality of the food and he definitively recommended the porterhouse steak for two. Delicous doesn't do this steak enough justice. The steak literally melted in our mouths with so much flavor it was like a celebration. The other aspects of our dining experience which will bring us back time and again were the excellent teamwork of the staff and the beauty of the dining room. We were able to enjoy our food and each others company with the perfect combination of staff assistance for any need that arose and discreetness. I look forward to our next visit to Bobby Van's Restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great end to a daynittanyDined on 6/26/2014After a day spent at the 911 Museum our foursome found the perfect place. Friendly staff was very accommodating and we could choose from either lunch or dinner menu. The drinks were perfect and since it was around 4, we chose soups, onion and gazpacho. Two of us had the Nicoise salad while the other two had the shrimp and crab salad. could not have been better. This is now a must stop and we recommend Bobby Vans to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to bring a clientDine4lunchDined on 6/17/2014It is walking distance from the NYSE and was very convenient to bring my clients. The good was great along with a great wine list. The lunch menu turned out to be pretty reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmanDined on 6/13/2014Great Food and Service..make the time to go visit, eat and relax and Bobby Van's on Broad Street...a great spot on a weekend night with all the noise.Special Features:
- Business lunchOutofTownerDined on 6/11/2014Service was less than expected. Once the waiter saw we were not drinking alcohol. Food was great however.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobby Van's for Great Steaks!Bentley901Dined on 5/31/2014My family and I enjoyed a great steak dinner at Bobby Van's Great service, food. overall a nice dining experience. Steak as good as all the top steak houses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 389 reviews are from the Bobby Van's Steakhouse - Broad Street reviews archive.
- underwhelmedLorettaDined on 5/7/2014The ambiance is lovely, this old bank beautifully renovated w/ a feel of a classic steak house. However, the service & food were wanting. The waiter an unsmiling & dour man w only a passing interest in supporting a pleasant dining experience. Middling service during the meal & we were ignored at the end. A guest accidentally spilled her water glass & while the waiter noticed us grabbing napkins off other tables, he didn't assist. I had to sit alone, my guests went on with their day, unable to wait for the check. Finally, a busboy helped. It was another 10 minutes before my credit card was charged & I could leave. The food (shrimp salad) was middling. At the price, not worth it. I won't be back.
- Always a good timecycler88VIPDined on 3/21/2014Bobby Vans is one of those spots which is just so reliable. There was a party in our building Friday early so we decided to step out for a nice dinner. Bobby Vans downtown does this half priced wine list Friday and Saturday nights; which was awesome. We got a great Argentinian wine for a great price. we thought we knew what we were getting but then the server came over and pitched the specials and we wound up getting this amazing petite filet with crab meat and spinach tossed over top. the dish came with boiled potatoes but if you're feeling indulgent, sub their amazing mashed; you'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Year ThreeMartinDined on 3/15/2014Three years ago, on the weekend before St. Patrick's Day, I happened on Bobby Van's for the first time. I was in NYC to see my children run in the NYC Half Marathon, and was at loose ends. I met the Maitre'D, Robert, at the door and offhandedly mentioned I'd like a good steak. Last Saturday was my third annual visit, The prime filet cuts are magnificent, as well as specialties like Filet Oscar, Beef Wellington, and fresh salmon filet encrusted in horseradish. The wine list is spectacular. See Robert on Saturdays. Sides are served family style. I've had my fun at poseurs like Capitol Grill and Ruth's Chris - even Smith and Wollensky's. But, for value, delight in serving patrons, and uncompromising excellence, there is no place better.Special Features:
- Good Choice in the Fin. DistrictpaulmDined on 3/8/2014Ordered filet mignon "Oscar" special, no starters or desserts. Food was very good, a little pricey, and service was excellent. Wanted to see the downstairs vault area but it was closed. The manager, Robert, agreed to take us down to the vault via the kitchen and we were able to take some photos. All wines were at 50% off making it a good value. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedUnhappyDined on 3/7/2014Service was terrible. The restaurant was not overly busy, several tables were empty and several table were leaving. The waiter for our table had left before we were done. He had forgotten to enter our dessert orders and we sat 20 minutes waiting before we they checked on our table. We told them we were waiting for our dessert and they said it was not entered in the computer and then we reordered and took another 10 minutes. The steaks were correct in the cooking color was lacked taste and was very tough and dry.
- Not up to parNextguyDined on 3/7/2014Waited 20 minutes before we can order wine. Food wasn't that great although portions were big but tasteless. We ordered veal chop and sirloin. Ordered med rare but got medium and veal chop was on the verge of med well. App was not up to par . Salad had way too much onion and buffalo chicken appt was not as good as some pizza places. Wine was ok. We were seated right away that. Was nice. Don't recommend going back again
- Great Lunch spot in the FiDiJKATEDined on 3/7/2014Went here during restaurant week. The service was impeccable. Our waitress was very pleasant and a attentive. It was a co-workers birthday and our waitress brought over a complimentary glass of wine and sang happy birthday. Food was absolutely delicious. I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wall street done rightNeekaDined on 3/6/2014I love Bobby Vans! I go there or have my food delivered to my office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch Aboveluv2eatDined on 3/4/2014Service as excellent, food selection abundant and presentation was better than expected,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week extravangazaKimboDined on 2/28/2014What else is more to say than having a great meal for a great price during restaurant week. Every detail of the food on my plate was made with passion and perfection. I got the horseradish crusted salmon with shiitake mushroom, asparagus, and mash potato. The presentation, the taste, all made my taste bud shout GLORY! I had it medium rare, just the perfect way to enjoy a great salmon steak on a Friday night. My compliment to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly PlaceChairmanDined on 2/28/2014Went here with a colleague for dinner...food was good and the services was very nice; the servers were attentive and patient. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great dinnerAmz422VIPDined on 2/27/2014Came here for client dinner with large group. We were seated near the vault, and received outstanding service. Shaq was great and attentive and the food was also good. Seafood platter wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but the steak we had made up for it. Porterhouse to share is a must-have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDFemDined on 2/26/2014Went for Restaurant Week 2014. The steak and chilean sea bass were excellent choices. We enjoyed the apps and the desert was delightful. Service was great. Waitors worked together. Clean and nice atmosphere.Special Features: