Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 54th Street
131 E. 54th Street
New York, NY 10169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 54th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/
- Phone: 2122078050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Friday 11:30am-11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tobi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Bobby Vans 54th Street, we offer various choices for private and semi-private events. Our dining spaces can be divided into a space as intimate as a party of 12 or can be fully opened to accommodate a party of up to 140. Both of our boardrooms are ideal for corporate functions and any other type of personal function you may be having. When dining in our private boardrooms, our guests have the option of ordering from our "Daily Menu" or our "Private Event Menus".
A word from Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 54th Street
"At Bobby Vans 54th Street, you can expect the same great service and the same great food as our other restaurants. Tucked away in another historic restaurant location, (at one time this was the hang out spot for such stars as Frank Sinatra and the rest of the Rat Pack) there is plenty of history and untold stories behind these walls, if only they could talk. Conveniently located just east of Park Avenue and 4 blocks north of The Waldorf-Astoria, this is where you want to be. As you walk into the restaurant you’re greeted by our hosts and a large credenza filled with beautiful bottles of wine. Glancing to your left you overlook the spacious yet always occupied bar, where the bartenders know your name and have your drink waiting for you before you can even say hello. Separating the bar from the dining room is a glass window so you can see all the action of other diners enjoying their meals. The dining room has the good old fashioned steakhouse style with handcrafted wood walls, and FContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 54th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (34)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (20)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Love itJosieDined on 9/4/2014This is one of the best steak houses I've been to ever. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceIndyDined on 8/27/2014The cobb salad I had was great. And we enjoyed the serviceSpecial Features:
- superb service and foodMikeTDined on 8/23/2014Our evening started well with a friendly greeting & escort to table. our waiter, Pablo, came quickly to the table, introduced himself and starteda night of excellent service. I recommend sitting with him. Now the food, in a word "great". The oysters were clean & fresh, the tuna tartare was marvelous, escargot was excellent. However, in a steakhouse and if the steak fails nobody cares about the snails. The steaks did not fall. I had the small (30oz) Ribeye that was prepared medium rare with a delicious sear to it. I took home the bone to gnaw on later. My GF and our other date (beautiful 14yr old daughter) had filet that melted in and put a big smile on their mouths. Thank you Pablo & Bobby Vans for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRICES IN CHECK DIFFERENT FROM MENUzecabaianoDined on 8/23/2014The food & service was very good but when check came the prices were hihger than those presented in MENU.Special Features:
- Always greatsteakloverVIPDined on 8/20/2014Another great steak for a steaklover. Tried the rib-eye- usually share the porterhouse for 2. It was great. Now I need to think which one next time!
- Great TimeShanDined on 8/15/2014I had a lovely time with my family at this location. Very relaxing and food was great. We were there for dinner for restaurant week and the menu had a great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hosting out of towersNYRob68Dined on 8/14/2014Great steak house in midtown for hosting a business dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Bobby Van'sRFJLAWDined on 8/14/2014Glad that they participated in Restaurant Week since that was the main draw that brought us into the restaurant on this visit. Excellent wine choices at the $60 range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobby Van's...wonderfulCharVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful celebration at Bobby Van's. Fabulous steak...definitely a favorite regular destination!Special Features:
- Bobby Van's SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Worth every penny. The portions are HUGE so save starve yourself b4 you arrive!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014I took 3 clients to lunch for their birthdays last Friday during NYC restaurent week. couldn't have been nicer. wonder menu, attentive service, great ambiance. All the ladies said they would certainly come back again, never having been to Bobby Van's. They put candles in their desserts and sang Happy Birthday. All in all a delightful afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic Steak in NYCArcapDined on 8/6/2014As a NYC steak house I would put Bobby Van's in the middle of the pack. Food was good, as expected, but there was nothing special about it. Bar area was small and not inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week treatNYC515VIPDined on 8/5/2014My husband and me visited this restaurant as part of Restaurant Week. We have been to the Bobby Van's in Washington DC, and loved the food. The filet mignon was delicious along with the béarnaise sauce. The green salad was crisp and the house dressing was very tasty. It was a Tuesday night and the restaurant was packed with young professionals enjoying a night out. We plan to return to this wonderful Eastside Midtown location. The drinks are very generous too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdrinkandeatwaytoomuchDined on 8/5/2014I have been to better steak houses, food took way to long to come out and the place was noticeibly under staffed. Half my table did the restaurant week menu and the other ordered alla carte. The highlight of the meal was the rib eye in which I am still dreaming about. All other food (rest week menu and escarote app) was a waste of calories and didnt end up eating all that was brought out. I am not sure if the food was subpar because of restaurant week or that is the way it always is. It was unfortuante because I have always wanted to try this place and I will def not be going back.Special Features:
- It's better in the HamptonsScottsdaleJLDined on 8/4/2014Decided to try BV on 54th after having a great meal at BV in Bridgehampton. Definitely a difference. Service was ok but our waiter was out to lunch when it came to wine. Had to ask for a list. Didn't know much about anything on the list. Just poured the wine without allowing us to taste it first. Food was good but not great. I'll go to S&W or the Palm next time I want a steak in NY.Special Features:
- Bobby Van's East 54th StGr8EatInDined on 8/1/2014Bobby Van's East 54th Street is not only a great steakhouse, but cooks up great seafood as well. It's participation in Restaurant Week with food fit for a king does not cut back on portions. You will feel quite satiated and will want to return over & over & over again to enjoy all Bobby Van's menu offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant week selectioncharleeDined on 8/1/2014Servers were fast. Was in and out in 1 hr 10 min for lunch on Friday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic Gem in NYCNY123Dined on 8/1/2014Great food and atmosphere, and an excellent and a quick service for corporate luncheon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- escargot as appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014They don't mess around. Good solid food for restaurant week menus.
- Always GoodsteakloverVIPDined on 7/30/2014Went for Restaurant week menu. Good menu-includes steak- many steakhouses don't have a real steak on the restaurant week menu! For a few dollars extra a really nice Sirloin steak. The included steak was good, but small. Service is attentive. We were in a back room which was great- only a few tables so it was quiet.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2014Food is top notch. Service is very quick - it is NY at the end of the day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakBirthdayVIPDined on 7/26/2014Everything was delicious but they left out the shrimp in my Harry salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening for Restaurant WeekGDiningDined on 7/25/2014Came here for Restaurant Week on 7/25/14. The bar folks were super-friendly. Could have used a smidge more attention from the waiter, but he was also very friendly and joked with us while we sat. Nice, homey feel for the interior. It's small but doesn't feel crowded, and it wasn't too loud. The food was really good. They didn't make me feel like a jerk for ordering off the Restaurant Week menu-- some restaurants do that. I would definitely come back for a nice, adult celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014Took my daughter to Bobby Vans during restaurant week. Food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:
- food was goodanthonyVIPDined on 7/22/2014good steak house - great for a business dinner - I will be back at next opportunity.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!LizzieVIPDined on 7/21/2014My husband and I try every steakhouse we can get to and after this place was highly recommended we had to try it, best decision ever. My husband had the bone in rib eye which was steak perfection and I had the steak Gorgonzola, simply amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Dinner EVER!TomPenDined on 7/21/2014First visit, definitely not the last! From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated like VIP guests. The meal was superb! Most flavorful, tender steak I have had in years. If you only have a chance for one night out at a great restaurant in N.Y., make it Bobby Vann's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great SteakluvallfoodDined on 7/21/2014One of my favorite steak houses in NYC. Great steak, cooked to perfection, with plenty of sides, and really good service. Puts a certain famous but highly over-rated place in Brooklyn to shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- courstenoDined on 7/12/2014food was wonderful. we got there 15 minutes before our reservation.... kept the door closed; told us to come back after that. other than that, everyone enjoyed the meal. service was good. the martini was way too strong. I didn't drink it and didn't say anything.Special Features:
- Maybe the beast steak ever .....3SquaresDined on 7/3/2014While visiting NY, our group happened upon Bobby Van's on 54th. The service was exceptional, only to be topped by our dinner. We will definitely be back on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014My husband and I started with the shrimp cocktail and oysters on 1/2 shell. Shrimp while big had no flavor. Oysters filled with water and sand, probably the worst I have had. Bacon, again appeared appetizing-mostly fat. Porterhouse for two, was the highlight of the meal! cooked perfect, and had great flavor. Cocktails were also excellent, we each had a Manhattan it was big and made While this is a steak house and the steak was excellent the rest of the meal should be too.
- great steaksmarkDined on 6/28/2014the food was great as well as the serive, the desserts were only ok.Special Features:
- Good but overpriced.fandoxVIPDined on 6/27/2014I used a Groupon here and surprisingly they didn't cancel my OpenTable reservation as they usually do. Glad they didn't because now I can review. The service was great until the end of the evening where I felt like I was being forced to finish and leave quickly (only 11 PM on a Friday). The food was good but they have increased their prices. $55 per person for a porterhouse is above any top of the line steakhouse. The problem I had was that the menu on their website and the Groupon site did not match the price in the restaurant. The value of the Groupon was much lower than expected because of the price increase. To sum up, although the food was good, this will be the last time I attend this restaurant. I don't like being duped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak houseJennyDined on 6/27/2014This was my second visit and just as good as the first. Food was excellent and exactly as ordered. The waiter (Juan Pablo) gave the right amount of attention without hovering and was sociable too. Didn't throw the bill at us when we didn't want dessert like some places do.Special Features:
- good food, but loud as hellKeyzerSozeDined on 6/25/2014Had a good meal, but it was so loud. Very difficult to have a work lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and great food!!KakaDined on 6/21/2014Came here to celebrate the 5th anniversary with my boyfriend, we were immediately seated by the corner which was fantastic! The servers are really friendly and attentive, the food were great! Crab cake and crabmeat cocktail was awesome, porterhouse steak is also cooked as order!! We used groupon offer and didn't feel that we were mistreated at all. Overall, love this restaurant and will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksREZ1Dined on 6/21/2014Steak, lobster tail and lamb chops were excellent. Not so with ceasar salad(no shaved Parmesan cheese, lettuce no so fresh). Brought out salad simultaneous with appetizers.Special Features:
- Average Among PeersRandolphVernonVIPDined on 6/18/2014Bobby Vans is a decent steakhouse, but among the competition in NYC is only average. It's little things that make it a second-tier choice for when the more rated steakhouses have no availability. The noise in the dining area is deafening - you have to yell to your companions. The waiter was professional and pleasant, but disappeared for long stretches to attend to group tables (with bigger tips) so we poured our own wine and water. The steak was good, and flavorful, but 1/6 of it was a "tail" of inedible grizzle - you can't charge $50 for a steak like that. The sides were average. The hash browns need a makeover - who puts green and red peppers in hash browns? We will continue to go to BV when our mainstay steakhouses are booked.Special Features:
- Very good.NjsoonerDined on 6/14/2014Steaks were great and the manhattan was fantastic. Ask for french red wine recomendation and to my surprise it was very moderately priced. Nice evening although ambiance is nothing special.
- lunch or dinner, top choiceWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 6/11/2014Bobby Van's is a no-brainer choice for serious meat lovers. There are lots of steakhouses in NYC, this has to be on everyone's short list. (Lunch has great burgers too.)Special Features: