Bobby Van's Park Avenue - 'The Original'
230 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Park Avenue - 'The Original'
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/
- Phone: 2128675490
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday 4:00pm-10:30pm, Saturday 5:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nile Medford
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Park Avenue
- Public Transit: We are located just steps away from Grand Central Station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking allowed after 6:00pm, payment required until midnight.
The closet public parking lot is located on 46th Street between Lexington Avenue and Third Avenue.
A word from Bobby Van's Park Avenue - 'The Original'
Located in New York's landmark Helmsley Building, Bobby Van's Steakhouse has been serving the best porterhouse in town for the last eleven years. Upon entering, one is greeted with the sight of a credenza groaning under the weight of large bottles of wine. A bar full of regular customers is on the left and looking into the one-hundred seat dining room, one sees the thirty foot high ceiling and windows overlooking Park Avenue. To complement our Prime Aged Steaks our Sommelier has created an award winning wine list. Whether you're looking for a big Cabernet, a Pinot Noir or something in between our comprehensive list is sure to please. "Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Park Avenue - 'The Original' reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (25)good for groups (25)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (14)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- It's a business lunch or earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/15/2008It's a business lunch or early dinner steakhuse. There are better but it's more than passable depending on location and time available.Special Features:
- My crab cakes were so dryJSXXVIPDined on 4/7/2008My crab cakes were so dry I couldn't eat them. But everyone else's steak was fine.Special Features:
- I must say the steaks wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008I must say the steaks were excellent. The crab cake was nice, however, the service was poor and our waiter surly with a real attitude! Maybe it was because the service charge is included in the bill total and he didn't feel as if he had to do anything. For a $36 S/C we expected much more like remembering our $13.95 vegatable dish! The vegetable dishes were hugely over priced and not that good . We were celebrating a birthday there and really wished we had gone somewhere else.We went on a Saturday night and there wasn't much of an ambiance.
- We were really disappointed,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2008We were really disappointed, the service was terrible - no water offered, indifferent waiter, I had to ask for another glass of wine, we werent checked on etc.The steak was fine but certainly not the best and we eat at steak houses regularly. The prices were not merited given the quality. Wine list didn't feature ANY wines by the glass (I only drink white, my partner red) so the waiter just recited 'We have a Cabernet, Merlot etc' without given any idea of origin etc. So poor for a steak house. Recently we have eaten at Frankie and Johnnys, Maloney and Porcelli's, The Old Homestead, Primehouse and this was by far the worse experience. The food, service and overall experience was sub par and this check was the highest! We will not return.
- excellent.stands out amongOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/1/2008excellent.stands out among the many good steakhouses out there.Special Features:
- Very attentive wait staff.KattVIPDined on 3/29/2008Very attentive wait staff. Friendly but ot over bearing. accommodated last minute guests with a smile seating was prompt and table location was great.Special Features:
- The steak is one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008The steak is one of the best in NYC,as good as Luger's without being obnoxious,the service is great and Joe the Matre'D is outstanding.This location is great on weekends because it's not as busy as it is during the week
- Great experience. DefinitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/27/2008Great experience. Definitely up to the standards of Open Table and what I would expect from a place like Bobby Vans. I look forward to trying their other locations in NY!Special Features:
- Classic ol' NYC steakhouse.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/18/2008Classic ol' NYC steakhouse. What you see is what you get. Good food, good service.Special Features:
- For a big name NYC steakhouse,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/25/2007For a big name NYC steakhouse, I was unimpressed. The DC version was much better!