Bobby Van's Park Avenue - 'The Original'
230 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Park Avenue - 'The Original'
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/
- Phone: (212) 867-5490
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday 4:00pm-10:30pm, Saturday 5:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nile Medford
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Park Avenue
- Public Transit: We are located just steps away from Grand Central Station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking allowed after 6:00pm, payment required until midnight.
The closet public parking lot is located on 46th Street between Lexington Avenue and Third Avenue.
A word from Bobby Van's Park Avenue - 'The Original'
Located in New York's landmark Helmsley Building, Bobby Van's Steakhouse has been serving the best porterhouse in town for the last eleven years. Upon entering, one is greeted with the sight of a credenza groaning under the weight of large bottles of wine. A bar full of regular customers is on the left and looking into the one-hundred seat dining room, one sees the thirty foot high ceiling and windows overlooking Park Avenue. To complement our Prime Aged Steaks our Sommelier has created an award winning wine list. Whether you're looking for a big Cabernet, a Pinot Noir or something in between our comprehensive list is sure to please. "Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Park Avenue - 'The Original' reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (28)good for groups (24)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- cseccoVIPDined on 11/19/2014You pay too much for what you get. The service and the food are good but do not justify the price. The environment is too tight (tables are too close to each other) and very noise. I do not intend to return.
- "The Original" is pretty tired nowBudMVIPDined on 11/14/2014Everything was just "eh" here. Service was spotty with multiple waiters confused about whether we had already ordered drinks or food. Food was just OK. Very small table. There are so many better places to go in NYC that you can skip this one and not be missing anything.
- Always GoodSteakLoverDined on 11/8/2014This was my second time there. The first time I had the ribeye and it was superb. This time, there was a special for the night which was a cajun ribeye. I was hesitant at first as I had a cajun ribeye at Smith & Wollensky and it was horrible. I went with it anyway and it was absolutely awesome! I've been to all of the greats... Lugers, Wolfgang's, Spark's, Benjamin's, Delmonico's and so on and so on and this ribeye would easily crack my top 5. Well done and the service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great classic steakhouseLaurenceDined on 11/1/2014Just as great an experience for a family dinner as for a business lunch with clients. Great food, great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealjeffDined on 10/29/2014Had the clams (Excellent), the steak for 2 (Excellent) and the mushrooms (great).Special Features:
- great business lunch joint in NYCAmericasGuestDined on 10/29/2014I was able to easily make same day reservation via Open Table and it worked out great. In and out in an hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting New YorkHappyDinnerClubDined on 10/25/2014We had a terrific experience at Bobby Van's. Ask for Sam! He was accommodating to the children and did a great job as our waiter. I love that the staff had multiple years of experience. Steaks were great too!Special Features:
- ClassicGoaltenderDined on 10/14/2014I always enjoy taking clients and friends to Bobby Van's. The service is great and so is the food. This is a cannot miss place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not All BadjbeatsDined on 10/3/2014Not a bad place to get a steak. Service was not bad and the food was pretty darn good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch MenuYellowFeverVIPDined on 9/30/2014No burgers or steak sandwiches listed. Should expand menu selection. Not everyone wants to eat a full steak for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNYCSINCE67Dined on 9/29/2014Consistent Excellence, atmosphere is perfect. Keep up the great work. One of my favorite local places.Special Features:
- Moooving experienceMacsattackVIPDined on 9/24/2014We wanted a beef fix and we got it. Deelish and done right. Great options for sides which work to share family style. Cuts cooked to your perfection. Save room for dessert. But finish wit a black aambuca if you dare. On the rocksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cons1VIPDined on 9/24/2014solid and predicable....always good place to go - the service can be great but also you can get a waiter with an attitude which is what we had this evening.
- Always a great experience.CindyGVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been dining at Bobby Vans for years. The food is always excellant and the service is incredible. The seafood here is always fresh and delicious and the steaks are charred to perfection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014I have been a fan of Bobby Vans for years and have eaten there for family and business, all have enjoyedSpecial Features:
- Great business lunchHotfireDined on 9/2/2014Great food and service. A great spot for a business lunch meeting.Special Features:
- Great Business Lunch spotBabsbunny77VIPDined on 8/18/2014Very nice business lunch spot. Our server was lovely and polite. Great options for lunch, but bring your wallet. I had a lovely filet caesar salad that was delish. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Food - Highly Recommend!NicolleDined on 8/15/2014I wanted to try Bobby Vans for restaurant week and went there for a double date with my husband. We were pleasantly surprised by the more than generous portion sizes and the food itself was absolutely amazing! I highly recommend Bobby Vans and we will most definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineoutDined on 8/15/2014Food is very good. We had a 7 people (4 teens) party. All kids enjoyed the their courses. Steak was perfect. But my wife did not like the salmon however finished it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobby Van's terrific dining exp.HearingMattersDined on 8/6/2014First rate service staff. Very personalized experience at the table. The waiters provided great suggestions, at a good pace, and they served the seafood appetizer and all the sides to each individual in the group; which, as simple as that sounds, was really nice. Awesome wine. Did I mention the very attentive staff? Ask for Bob's table--- he looks like Johnny MathisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceSabeenieDined on 8/1/2014I went with one other person. The host was friendly and noted my reservation, and took care to put us in a booth (which I requested at the last minute). I enjoyed the dinner. Petite steak was larger than I'm accustomed to. It was perfectly cooked to the specifications. Our server Carlos was friendly and helpful in helping us make a selection.Special Features:
- Great spotSteveDeeDined on 8/1/2014Excellent service and food. Also, good portion size considering it was restaurant week. I recommend this location highly, going to their 54th street location to test that out and will report back.Special Features:
- Excellent overall steak house!donmar002Dined on 8/1/2014We went here for Restaurant Week and I am so glad that we did! Service is excellent and never pushy. Many waiters assist you and you never wait long for anything. Steak was cooked just as ordered and melted in my mouth. All side dishes were delicious as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb, Romantic a great spotgoodfood2Dined on 8/1/2014The food was superb. The atmosphere very romantic. The service and staff very attentive and professional. I would definitely not only recommend it but would visit again. Thanks Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014My friend and I dined here for restaurant week. The wait staff was very attentive but made a mistake with our bill. The manager went out of his way to come over and apologize. He also gave us a discount. Great service and very good food. The beef was fabulous and so was the New England clam chowder! Can't go wrong dining at Bobby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business!jacquieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great for business lunches - servers are phenomenally attentive yet in tune to when they need to stand back during conversation. After my customer business lunch I had immediate documents to provide to them, so I holed up in the Bar with the wifi access and got my documents out to the customer - and no one bothered me at all. It was a very pleasurable, productive afternoon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent experienceReggieDined on 7/31/2014The ambiance is nice for a group business dinner. For restaurant week the food presented was pretty good. The clams were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet not cooked rightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014I got the filet mignon but it was not cooked right. Very rare in the middle and burnt on the outside.Special Features:
- The following 635 reviews are from the Bobby Van's Park Avenue - 'The Original' reviews archive.
- best steak everMansquaredDined on 7/29/2014Went for my first restaurant week dinner. I was skeptical about discounted city food but was blown away. The service was good and felt welcomed. The resty week menu had petit fillet...there was nothing petit about this fillet mignon. They cooked it to a perfect medium rare and it melted in my mouth. The best fillet I've ever had. Need to go again and try the porterhouse next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocomoDined on 7/29/2014never a disappointment when at Bobby Van's - service and quality of the food is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week July - AugustBJADEDined on 7/29/2014My first time to Bobby Van's Park Avenue. The food and service were great. The drinks were a little strong, not the best. Overall, I enjoyed the restaurant very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFoodloverDined on 7/28/2014Great Food. Better Service. Make sure you start with the Harry's Salad!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBelecitaDined on 7/26/2014I was really looking forward to this dinner, but was disappointed by a few things: 1) the waiter was in a hurry, we hadn't sat down for 2 seconds and he was already asking what we wanted to drink (wine or cocktails) without handing out the wine list. This continued around dinner as well, and the place wasn't even half full for a Saturday night. The food was nothing notable, I ordered the mini fillet, medium rare, and it was more like medium well, and when we were ready to pay, it was hard to find any waiters because they seemed to be hanging out at the back or at the bar. The ambiance wasn't anything memorable to be honest. I probably wont be back.
- Go someplace else for the $ADedicatedDiner27Dined on 7/25/2014If you plan to spend the kind of money that Bobby Van's commands, there are too many great restaurants (notably, steakhouses) in NYC to go to Bobby Vans. The food was good, but the wait staff wasn't flexible in accommodating drink needs or dinner substitutions. While it was restaurant week, and that may have been the reason, I've had too many phenomenal experiences at STK, DelFrisco's, DelMonicos, The Palm, and the myriad of other top-tier steakhouses in NYC to go back to Bobby Vans.
- A Must Visit!AMustVisitDined on 7/24/2014The service was probably the best I have ever received. The bartender recommended an excellent wine, the host was friendly and the servers had perfect timing...not to mention the food was out of this world. If you have never been here, it is definitely time to experience this spot for yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedamberanddevinDined on 7/24/2014Went during NY restaurant week, and while the steak was tender, it had no flavor. I can make a better steak at home. The dessert was disappointing as well, the cheesecake was ok, but we also had bread pudding, and it was awful. I guess I am spoiled by Nordstrom cafe's bread pudding. I would not go back to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- IN CONSIDERATIONGOODEATS457Dined on 7/24/2014is how I start because my co-worker and friend took me to the Park Avenue location for lunch, thinking it was Restaurant Week at this locale. However, it was not and the prices were a bit high for my friend. However, we ate there toning down our order. The staff and wait person treated us as if we were spending big bucks. There were professional, speedy and kind. Now the food was worth every price on the menu, I had a salad, which was huge and she had a shrimp dish. ABSOLUTELY the best I've tasted in a high-end posh restaurant and I will be going back.Special Features:
- Great foodFeenieDined on 7/23/2014Everyone that I know who want here raves about the food & now I know why. Excellent all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Business lunchTiboDined on 7/16/2014This place is very practical since it is next to my work, I really like to bring clients for business lunch, recently I noticed a bit more noise than usage and decrease on service qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicFH650Dined on 7/15/2014great rib-eye steak with fries and creamed spinach. will dine againSpecial Features: