Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
120 W. 45th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/Bobby_Vans_Steakhouse/West_45th_Street.html
- Phone: 2125755623x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
Bobby Van's newest restaurant is located on 45th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue in the heart of Times Square shopping and theatre district. Two floors of dining inside with an outdoor cafe. Perfect for lunch or dinner, and before and after theater dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (26)good for groups (23)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (10)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Restaurant Week Gem!JokoDined on 8/14/2013We went for dinner during restaurant week. Our $38 got us soup/salad, entre and desert and coffee. The salads were large and tasty, three of us ordered Caesar and it was very good. Most of us ordered the filet and mashed potato. We were expecting a silver dollar sized filet (and rightfully so) but we received a delicious "palm+" size filet that was delicious. We sampled all four desert offerings and all were good. Coffee was too strong for my taste. An excellent dinner out and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must do againalexDined on 8/14/2013The outstanding food was memorable. Can't wait to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and quiet spot near Times Sq.MikeDined on 8/14/2013I took advantage of restaurant week to come to Bobby Vans and I'm real happy I did. The food was really great, and the service was provided from a really nice guy who took care of anything we needed. The deal for $38 is really amazing considering the filet alone is 45 if I recall.. We got three courses for $38 which is unbelievable. I used to work near the one on Park Ave and never went, only had take out for company outings but the spot by Times Square was really nice. Loved how nice the view was, we sat inside to escape the noise of the area. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Diner ExperienceKevinDined on 8/13/2013We went for a pre theatre diner and it was outstanding. The steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialCindyVIPDined on 8/11/2013Food and service was fine; nothing remarkable or special at all. Went to Capital Grill last week for lunch and everything was so much better!
- My brother and I went to dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/10/2013My brother and I went to dinner at the restaurant. We ordered steak and the food was excellent. The steak was cooked exactly as I ordered it. The place is setup very nice. It's a comfortable dining room atmosphere. Excellent and friendly service. I would definitely return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodCdnvisitorDined on 8/7/2013Wanted a great steak meal while in NYC and found it here!!! The steak was cooked exactly as we asked, and the filet mignon was so tender it melted in your mouth. I had a ceasar salad to start and it was the best Ceasar I have ever had. Ask to have the mashed potatoes instead of fries, they are delicious!! Ended it with a classic NY Cheesecake and it was delicious!! Overall the entire dinner was so worth the cost!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, apathetic service..NYCNainVIPDined on 8/6/2013Level of service was very disappointing--server just didn't seem interested. Too bad, because location is great for theater-goers.
- Treated like country bumpkinsMickeyDined on 8/5/20131) Our table cloth hid semi-circular drop-down leaves that intruded into one's leg room forcing us to sit in an uncomfortable, unnatural manner. 2) We each ordered a Tanqueray martini that tasted nothing like the Tanqueray we sip every evening at home before dinner. Were we being served cheap or watered-down gin at premium prices? 3)The bread basket was not delivered in time to be enjoyed during the drinks, and when it was it contained no variety -- only chunks of onion roll. 4) The bill presented us listed 2 "Jumbo" martinis at $18 each. We'd never heard the phrase, "Jumbo martini" and certainly never uttered it when placing our order. This was obviously just a ploy to charge an exorbitant amount for a sub-standard drink.
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2013I went there for lunch with my aunt to avail of the restaurant week. Our reservation was at 1pm. I was the first one in and as I waited for my aunt, the host didn't know that I had been there and my aunt almost left. That was bad service number 1. Bad service number 2. We ordered 2 fillet minon lunch. mine was medium rare and hers was medium well. 50 mins later, they gave me medium well and my steak was really hard and hers was well done and it was twice harder than mine. Although they comp one of our meals, I was really turned off! Never again will I go back.
- Just okay. Very overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/3/2013Just okay. Very overpriced for the portions given. Had to ask for bread since it wasn't brought to the table, although our server was very pleasant. Had to send back steak as it was well over-cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice in the Theater DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2013We had a great outside table for people-watching. The food was very good. I recommend the warm spinach salad, the lamb chops and the petit filet mignon. The service was not as attentive as it should have been, but we weren't in a hurry so it really wasn't a problem for us.Special Features:
- Not what I expected ....Jimmy22Dined on 8/1/2013From all the reviews I had read my expectations were not met.....had a wonderful experience at the bar of the restaurant but when it came time to have dinner all changed.. My husband and I were greeted by a not so friendly waiter.... We were celebrating our anniversary and it was restaurant week in NYC.... We weren't going to be told about that fact by ourWaiter... When I asked about it he basically threw the menus at us.....very disappointed with the food also.... We will not be returning.....Special Features:
- Excellent value with 2013mjm1VIPDined on 7/31/2013Excellent value with 2013 Restaurant Week menu. Perfect for pre-theatre east of 7th Avenue.
- We had a very enjoyable time.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2013We had a very enjoyable time. Manager Louis Clavell was very accomodating. Our only complaint was the steak my boyfriend ordered was served medium rare when he had asked for medium well; he was able to salvage most of the meat,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location in theater districtOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2013Good food. Good service. Tables very close together. Too noisy for any conversation upstairs
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2013We tried this restaurant because it was estaurant week so the price was fixed at $38 for a 3 course meal. It was great! My filet was cooked perfectly! The service was excellent, too. A pet peeve of mine is when a waiter removes my husband's plate from the table because he finishes eating before I do. This restaurant waited until both of us were done before clearing the dishes. Glad we went!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YOU HAVE TO GO....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2013if you can, do go to BOBBY VAN'S for lunch or dinner.....You will be glad that you did...The food was sooooo good....We are still talking about it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected steak-flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2013Tried the restaurant week menu. I've had amazing burgers next door at BV Burger so dining in the main restaurant was an anticipated event. Started with the soup of the day (black bean), a friend had Ceasar salad. Ordered the sliced steak sandwich with french fries and onions, a friend at the salmon. Portion sizes were very generous. Service was slow during prime time lunch hour. The steak was a weird pale grey color with grill marks and did not have the meatiness flavor one normally expects from steak.Special Features:
- Solid lunch spotRichBVIPDined on 7/9/2013I've been to this restaurant for lunch many times (I work in the building). It is a solid lunch spot. Nothing fantastic, but consistenty good. Salads, burgers, sandwiches all good. Service can be spotty and/or slow, but seems to be getting better on more recent visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic NY Food at its BestCamluxDined on 6/30/2013Unpretentious presentation, but the food is the thing. Good quality ingredients, simply prepared, well presented, and served correctly. I went back, and I'm sure most people do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not goodHughVIPDined on 6/29/2013Had shrimp scampi and it had no flavor just bland.
- Light pre-theater diningJerseySailDadDined on 6/22/2013Seated promptly @6:15 reservation Sat nite outside. Friendly service but had to ask 4 times for lemon for our water. Appetizers & salads were very good. Large salads and healthy appetizer portions. Comfortable table size & sidewalk venue. Perfectly fine for us but we did not have the steaks or burgers they're known for. Table next to us had burger & pasta dish which looked good & they enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2013I booked this place last minute and took 2 friends visiting from England. We sat outside and the 'view' was the street, but they got a kick out of the busyness of NY. You could also see the Lyceaum Theatre, which is a beautiful building. It came to $258 inc tip and cocktails for 4 people and we ate dessert elsewhere (wanted I take our friends to Magnolia). I ate the tomato and mozerella then the chicken francese. Both were delicious and big portions. The burgers are huge also. The place seems a little posh but not snobby at all and very welcoming. It was hard to choose from the cocktails as they all were so appealing but went with The Lemon Drop, which was delicious (and $18). I would definitely go back, probably for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/19/2013Good food, service disappointing. Food came out very delayed. Help didn't seem to care.
- Enjoyable atmosphere, foodMZ13Dined on 6/18/2013I took my clients out to eat here and had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and his recommendations were spot-on.Special Features:
- theatre district treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013Now that summer is here, Bobby Van's is the perfect place for an outdoor dinner prior to theater. A fun menu makes it possible to enjoy everything from a hamburger plate to a full steak dinner. Staff was very accommodating, food was delicious. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after the matineenumber11Dined on 6/8/2013Spinach salad was excellent, steaks were fair..nothing special and certainly not worth the premium price. Service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2013We enjoyed our dinner. My wife's lentil soup was excellent as was my Caesar salad. The entrees, sole meunier (sic) and horseradish crusted filet mignon were also delicious and cooked to order. We will return again especially when we have theatre tickets.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyEstiGirlVIPDined on 6/6/2013They have the best steak salad in the city!!! The managers are super friendly and if the weather is nice sit outside!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2013The food & the service was excellent! I work across the street and this was my first time dining at Bobby Van's. I was thoroughly satisifed with the experience and definitely plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love it there!SVPIsHungryDined on 5/31/2013This place is awesome. I love Bobby Van's. The food is phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find among all the touristJohnVIPDined on 5/31/2013great find among all the tourist traps and nationwide chains in TS - good for lunch tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPintsDined on 5/25/2013I brought a few friends to this place after drinking all day at the Perfect Pint across the street. They wanted to go to a good steakhouse and I said how convenient. They didn't think I tried hard enough to look for a place, but Bobby Van's they were very happily surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location Decent FoodDiner1Dined on 5/24/2013I recently dined here with my 9 of my friends. The staff were very accommodating. One concern that I had was that it was a Friday night at 7PM and the restaurant was almost empty. We were seated very quickly and the service was very good. I ordered the beef nachos which were very tasty. My friends ordered different dishes, ranging from steak to lobster. One of my friends had to have his food taken back to the kitchen a couple of times because it was either not cooked enough or cooked to much. For main course I had the veal chop, it was not the best and in retrospect I should have ordered the steak. My wife ordered the lobster ravioli which was decent. We had a good experience, the food was decent, the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food were topSouthwesternVacationerVIPDined on 5/23/2013Service and food were top notch, what you'd expect from a top steak house. My only issue with this new restaurant was that the tables are awkwardly situated and you feel like you're on top of one another. Waiters kept brushing by me as they went to serve other patrons.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Dinning.mydineDined on 5/10/2013The were very professional, food was excellent and the ambience was great. I definitely would add this restaurant to my list of places to dine in NY city.Special Features:
- Better than expected foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2013Better than expected food in a nasty nasty space. Service was fine but if amateurish by NY standards
- Good atmosphere but the waiterchiaramDined on 5/6/2013Good atmosphere but the waiter was very unpolite and unwilling. Good food even if it's not comparable with other steakhouses in the same zone. The service is definetely not at the level of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food ! lousy service!LovetoeatVIPDined on 5/6/2013As far as food is concerned the dinner was just great. Steaks were grilled to perfection. The sides were really good especially the roasted corn. Caesar salad was superb. My question is how can a waiter be so disengaged with the customer. First he never brought bread. He had no personality and just cant figure why he chose this field. Never wanted to see how things were. He brought everything very quickly but just no pizazz. The busboy was friendlier picking up the dishes. Left a 15% tip which we shouldnt have because it doesnt express our feelings.I would recommend this to a friend.