Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
120 W. 45th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/Bobby_Vans_Steakhouse/West_45th_Street.html
- Phone: 2125755623x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
Bobby Van's newest restaurant is located on 45th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue in the heart of Times Square shopping and theatre district. Two floors of dining inside with an outdoor cafe. Perfect for lunch or dinner, and before and after theater dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (26)good for groups (22)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (10)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Just okPRNYCVIPDined on 12/27/2013Food was good, but not great. Service was slow. There are better steak houses in NYC!
- Don't walk, RUN!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/22/2013We were at this Bobby Van'n on December 22, 2013. It was horrible! If I were Bobby Van, I would take my name off the place. The food was horrible, my husband ordered a tenderloin salad, the lettuce was brown and tasteless. I ordered the carb cakes, which was nothing more that bread filler with a teaspoon of crab meat. Horrible. The service we experienced was just as bad!! Bad!
- Amazing dinnerfabdinerDined on 12/21/2013My husband and I ate at this restaurant over the weekend after a matinee show and were incredbily impressed. The menu was extremely varied for what we thought was a Steakhouse. We had early evening reservations so we were seated right away and the staff was very attentive and even though within 45 mins the restaurant filled up we still received the same attentive service. Our appetizer and entree portions were huge, Everything was cooked to perfection and was so incredibly tasty. Dessert was fantastic . The biggest surprise to us was our bill at the end of the meal which was consideribly lower than we had anticipated. This restaurant was by no means inexpensive but we left feeling like we got a bargain for the amount of food that we ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Although we expected much, much more from this restaurant, we were sorely disappointed in the quality of the food. The pork chop was tasty, but so dry it was barely edible. The german's chocolate cake was very dry and a thicker layer of sauce would have helped in eating the dry cake portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageNYBK1Dined on 12/13/2013The restaurant is in a great location in midtown, it's also very close to the theater district and Times Square. Over all is was very average. No comparison to stk, strip house or del frisco's which are also located within a few blocks of this location. I would not return
- Great Food and Great Service!LettyDined on 12/12/2013I have dined at Bobby Van's many times and always receive excellent service and the food is always so delicious. This restaurant is a couple of blocks away from my office, and it a true neighborhood place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed for the PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013Prices were high and food quality and service were low. Steak was not prepared as requested and the waiter never once stopped back by our table to check to see if we needed anything. Awful experience - do not recommend if you are going to NY to enjoy a nice night/dinner out.
- Had a very nice meal afterEmajyVIPDined on 12/3/2013Had a very nice meal after a busy convention day. Great Time Square location. Service was good and drinks were made well. My filet Oscar was prepared well and the highlight might have been my friends tuna. Overall a very good meal and service.Special Features:
- Broadway EveningTeflonDined on 11/30/2013wonderful spot for nice meal prior to a broadway show. Service is quick and quickly served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointednanceDined on 11/23/2013A waiter who was indifferent to us A salad swimming in dressing The famous burger was huge but mediocre Really not much better than diner food
- yummy!GinGinDined on 11/20/2013Great destination after or before the theatre. It's within walking distance and the ambience was great. The whole family enjoyed the dinner. Desserts were great too!!Special Features:
- Great mid town location tuckedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2013Great mid town location tucked off 6th ave on 45th street. Solid menu. Very good NY strip steak. cooked perfectly. Creamed spinach was perfect. French Fries were great. Service was great. Nice spot for a casual business lunch or pre theatre.Special Features:
- All ratings relative to priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013We have had great steakhouse experiences in equally pricey establishments. Less-than-great at Bobby Van's prices make for an unlikely to run back conclusion.
- Look somewhere else, now.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013Very classic steakhouse, large wine list, good location for us, which are all things that sparked our interest. Our original waiter had a personality of a rock and the movements of a turtle. Very slow service and just not a good start to our evening. A half hour in, we ended up with another waiter helping out, no idea why. We both had cesar salads to started, we could have split one, very large. Disappointing the waiter didn't say anything regarding that, 12 wasted dollars. She ordered the filet and I had the strip, both served with sides and let me tell you, I've had much better steaks/meals at Outback for 11 dollars. Bland, tough, bad pieces of meat. Do yourself a favor, find another restaurant and spend your $172 elsewhere.
- A great find for pre-theater.barbEHVIPDined on 11/7/2013A great find for pre-theater. Many lighter choices for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it use to bepgpropDined on 11/5/2013we were so disappointed. we had been there before and the food and service had completely deteriorated. we couldn't recommend it. wouldn't go back there again
- having been many times toOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/3/2013having been many times to Bobby Van's in Bridgehampton, we were terribly disappointed…. for example The rib eye was awful. fatty and tough. Not impressed at all Nothing like the Bobby's van's we know and love
- Not a good experienceRehobobumDined on 11/2/2013Had Dinner Sat night and would not go back. We didn't feel welcomed at all. The menu was typical steakhouse, which we expected, but there were no typical sauces for the steaks, like bernaise, so the steaks were very plain. What made matters worse, you would expect a steakhouse to get the steak right. One of our party ordered medium rare and the steak was definitely well done, no pink at all. The waiter agreed and replaced it but by then, the meal is ruined as the others are done eating by the time the steak shows up again. There was no mention of a reduction in price for the inconvenience. I don't know how Bobby Van's got the rating they have but I would never be able to recommend it. NYC has too many great places to settle for this.
- wonderful dinner before the theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2013First time in NYC.....memorable meal, great food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2013Well the host and hostess seemed cold and me and my boyfriend felt they were not friendly, the host walked us to a table and just walked off. We had to flag hom down to tell hom that we didnt like the table. The food was good, but took a very long time. Food is definitely pricey. The mac and cheese was a let down. The servers were friendly but we had to flag them down for everything. We felt forgotten. Besides that it was ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceBillDined on 10/28/2013Excellent service and a table for 2 right at the window.... I had lunch with a college lacrosse team mate who is an attorney and the noise level was low so we had no trouble conversing and being heard as we talked business and personal... Food was excellent with the right amount of service touch..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak fell down to 2nd tierIChibannycDined on 10/23/2013I really think that Bobby Vans steak is not up to par with the top steak houses
- Steaks dryBoracayKeithVIPDined on 10/22/2013Went with two friends and two of us had the steak. Both were very dry and we were very disappointed given reputation of the restuarant. Wine selection was poor. Great location and ambience but I got the feeling it was taking advantage of single visit tourists who would not be regulars so they have let the quality of the food slip. I visit New York monthly and would love to see them do a better job. Eat at the JFK location all the time and food much better
- I ordered the New York Sirloin.VinciDined on 10/13/2013I ordered the New York Sirloin. It was cooked perfectly to order (medium rare), but it lacked seasoning. The steak did not have enough flavor. Otherwise the whole experience was good. The wait staff was very polite on on top of refilling drinks and prompt with our orders and made a good recommendation for an appetizer (calamari with sweet chili sauce)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sea Bass EVER !!!! BobbyConnieDined on 10/12/2013Best Sea Bass EVER !!!! Bobby Vans is NYC must do !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't expect a dining experienceBobbyVIPDined on 10/11/2013It's a grill however the service should not fall to the level of a TGIF and I'm afraid that's what has happened here. The house manager walks around with a toothpick in his mouth not doing very much while the wait staff hang around the front door. You want bread? Well be sure to ask as I had to and which I finally received when my entrée arrived. Want water refilled, be sure to ask for another glass, it's a commodity We ordered a nice bottle of wine, only to watch it be poured like a bottle of Perrier to the point we had to tell him to stop over filling the glass A check was left after our port and espresso, but WE WEREN'T DONE and he never asked. We were going to have a refill. I would save this for quick meals before theatre.
- was hoping for better servicequiltynyDined on 10/5/2013we were there with friends for dinner recently and having been to most of the other bobby van's restaurants, this was our first time at the times sq location and it really is beautiful with great ambiance. knowing how great bobby vans is we thought it would be the same here, but it wasn't. the service on a saturday night was terrible. our waiter barely came to our table and offered drinks and when our steaks were served, never came by to see if they were cooked to our liking - which one wasn't. then it took over 30 mins for them to clear the plates - only when i had to ask them to. if it were really busy we would understand, but it wasn't - one waiter upstairs, no busboys. other than that, the rest of our food was delicious.Special Features:
- AttitudeRealtorKCDined on 10/5/2013If you want service with an attitude then Bobby Van's is your place. Our server couldn't recommend drinks, didn't know how to refill the ones that weren't alcohol, and never took the time to explain anything on the menu. Once our food did arrive it was just OK, I've had better steak off my own grill, and I'm not a grillmaster! Side order were OK, potatoes lumpy, asparagus cold... Once we got our ticket, which took forever, the waiter had things wrong, made everyone on one check even though we asked to be split, just a terrible experience when there are soooooooo many other options for good steak.
- Above and BeyondOutoftownerDined on 10/4/2013Aside from the delicious food and outstanding wait service our host also went above and beyond to help us out. During dinner my husband discovered he forgot his show tickets, the host Louis helped us out by printing the tickets for us. Great place, happening happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Grille In TownfcuchDined on 10/2/2013Great food, smart and attentive service. You won't be disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the pricepowderDined on 9/28/2013We waited more than 5 minutes after sitting down to even get menus and another 10 minutes for our drinks to arrive. The slab bacon and sweet chile tossed calamari were both very good, but the 10 petite filet was fatty and completely lacked seasoning.
- So many wishes...MissBrandiDined on 9/22/2013I expected this to be awesome. The manager was not very nice. We ordered the 32 oz. bone in rib eye. It was cooked perfectly but the flavor was not all that great.
- Medium rare shouldn't be well doneLHTVVIPDined on 9/19/2013My husband and I had lunch with a friend - he and I ordered burgers medium rare, our friend ordered one well done. All 3 came well done. Not for nothing, when I'm paying $17 for a burger I expect to come as ordered. By the time the waiter came around to check on us it was too late for us to bother to complain. The take out burgers from BV to Go are spot on though - I've never had a bad one. Also, at the take out window the same burger is only $6.00. Skip the white linen and get a real burger to go!Special Features:
- Love Open tableBrianDined on 9/3/2013great steak, nice wine by the glass. The Buffalo Seafood was GREATSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not goodBrownieVIPDined on 9/1/2013Service at Washington, DC location is phenomenal. Service at this NYC Time Square location was terrible. Won't be going back to this location ever again.Special Features:
- I was surprised that at 8pmOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2013I was surprised that at 8pm on a Saturday night in August the restaurant was relatively empty. Our server Nik was awesome and the food was pretty good, although not as great as the prices suggest. The drink prices were much higher than I was expecting, but maybe in Times Square $18 for a drink is standard. It's not a bad place and is good one time, but is not a place I'd frequent if I lived closer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundDrKGDined on 8/21/2013The first time I went to Bobby Van's in Time Square was for a business dinner. The food, wine selection, and service were superb. Recently, I was vacationing with my wife and children and decided to try it again. We sat outside on a beautiful summer night people watching as we had a wonderful dinner. Again, the service was exceptional as before paying particular attention to my young children's need. Well done! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service-non existent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2013The food was good, the service was non-existent. We had to ask passing waiters for bread, to take our order, to give us a wine list. The place was empty so we were ignored.
- Before the showGerryDined on 8/17/2013We got reservations for 6:30 pm on a Saturday night on Saturday morning. I expected less than we got. We were met at the door by a maître d who knew our name and party size before I had to say it. We chose to sit inside because of the hi volume of Pre broadways show people moseying along 45th St.The waiters were attentive, and knowledgeable, the drinks cam e quickly and hit the spot. The shrimp cocktail appetizers were delicious and the streaks were done just as we asked, The creamed spinach could have been a little creamier, but other than that everything was great. We got out in plenty of time to get to our show and never felt rushed, unlike many of the other Theater district eateries. We'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good serviceMikeDined on 8/15/2013The food was very tasty and the martini perfect. Did not have to wait long for the food and the service was friendly. I would go back to dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.