Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
120 W. 45th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/Bobby_Vans_Steakhouse/West_45th_Street.html
- Phone: 2125755623x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
Bobby Van's newest restaurant is located on 45th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue in the heart of Times Square shopping and theatre district. Two floors of dining inside with an outdoor cafe. Perfect for lunch or dinner, and before and after theater dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (26)good for groups (22)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (10)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- cappyDined on 7/16/2014Food is good but a little pricey very convenient to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelasmomBelasmomDined on 7/8/2014First time I have eaten at this restaurant. Unfortunately, my table was on the top floor and I have difficulty going up steps (no elevator). The entree I had was excellent. I thought the service could have been a bit better. After finishing my drink, I wasn't asked if I wanted another nor was my water glass filled in a timely manner. I had called a couple hours before I arrived to let them know that it was my friend's birthday. When I got there I asked my waiter if he would put a candle in whatever dessert we ordered. I was very disappointed that after requesting twice, the dessert arrive without a candle.Special Features:
- Great spot if you work in the areaJimNDined on 7/3/2014I'm a fan, though my experience there is almost excusively for lunch. Nice, accomodating staff, good food, close to my office. For lunch, try the specials.Special Features:
- LUVITALIANFOOD1Dined on 6/29/2014THE LOCATION IS VERY GOOD PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE DOING BROADWAY SHOWS. THE FOOD IS PRICEY FOR WHAT IT IS !WHAT YOU GAIN IN CONVENIENCE YOU LOSE IN QUALITY!Special Features:
- MargieDined on 6/26/2014The food, ambience, service and location were great. I would definitely come again and invite friends. Really enjoyed the soft shell crab. The waiter was very helpful.Special Features:
- My new go to place before theater .CinnamonVIPDined on 6/25/2014Biggest burger I ever saw. Delicious. Great menu, pretty place. I will go back.Special Features:
- Delicious delight!MamaluvshistoryDined on 6/21/2014We were in the city for one night & I had researched a few steakhouses that were recommended. We chose Bobby's and all 4 of us had AMAZING entrées! The BobbyVan's oscar filet was to die for, 1 of the best steaks I've ever had! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Itluv2eatDined on 6/21/2014Had a reunion with 4 college friends Saturday night. Dined outside. Food choices were terrific and everyone loved their meal. Wait staff was fun and friendly and very attentive. Highly recommend it. All of us thought it was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven.NopeDined on 6/21/2014We dined at Bobby Van's for our anniversary dinner on a recent Saturday evening. The good: We arrived early for our reservation, but were seated immediately. The chili tossed calamari and gazpacho were fantastic, as was the chocolate mousse cake. The bad: Our steaks were RAW on the inside - there is a difference between raw and rare, so we head to send our steaks back, and then were left with two well done steaks, and two plates of overcooked fries. Service was really inconsistent, until the credit card hit the check. Will we be back? No. There are too many options in NYC to return to something that was disappointing. Appetizers and dessert could not make up for a lackluster entree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice people but...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014Food was lower quality for a grill/ steak house- and over sized portions- low level trained servers but nice atmosphere and location-Special Features:
- FriendVIPDined on 6/15/2014I had an early reservation as I was going to the theatre. My server forgot to bring the bread out. The steak was butterflied but was too well done. I would not recommend this steak house to anyone that really wants a good steakSpecial Features:
- Decent pre-theater optionRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 6/7/2014I selected this restaurant because of its proximity to the theater we were attending and because I've enjoyed Bobby Van's steakhouses. I guess I expected the "Grill" moniker to come with lower priced options compared to the steakhouse - not really the case. The food was fine, presentation was a bit lacking. The prices were high - comparable to the core steakhouse but I guess not unexpected for the area. The service was fine. Everything was fine. They got us in and out. I don't think I'd go back but again, it was fine.
- Great corporate lunch spotallwayseatingDined on 6/2/2014the waiters and waitresses aren't the best but the food is excellent and the place runs like a well oiled high level restaurant, and it is never to busy so you don't feel overwhelmed inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaciVIPDined on 5/28/2014wonderful. terrific service and food. very attentive and patient staff. thanxSpecial Features:
- Feeling ripped off...knowswhatswhatDined on 5/20/2014Went to dinner with my son and ordered the 32-ounce ribeye for us to share, along with some appetizers. The waiter told us he highly recommended the porterhouse instead, which was the same size. Said it was signature steak for them, and about the same size as the rib-eye. What he didn't say, however, was that it cost TWICE as much -- $99 for the two of us. That's bad enough, but the food was totally mediocre. The steak was cooked properly to order, but it just wasn't a great piece of meat -- no better than what I could have bought at a regular supermarket. Not a ton of flavor, even on the sirloin side. My son's tuna tartare appetizer was also oddly flavorless. Bobby Van's is a big step behind the other major midtown steakhouses.Special Features:
- The following 522 reviews are from the Bobby Van's Grill Times Square reviews archive.
- After TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Took my mom and niece to a Sunday matinee and wanted to go somewhere in the vicinity but somewhere quiet. My niece recently moved back to New York and Bobby Van's was on her list. We were very pleasantly surprised, food and wine list were really great, our waiter was wonderful. Very nice experience and would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Bad Choice Bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014the service was awful as they were servers that didn't show up, the manager was running around trying to aleveiate the situation, he coldly have been nicer, the food came out cold. The table next to us picked up and left as their food never come out of the kitchen.
- Good food, good pricesCzeityDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I took my parents here as a surprise day out in NYC. Overall we were pleased, although the service could have been a bit better. When we arrived there were many open tables and yet the server forgot to give us bread before the meal. My steak dinner was fabulous, although my husband and father ordered med-rare and they came out more medium of which they didn't send them back and just dealt with it. We did sit indoors because it was getting cool, but the outdoor sitting area was very nice. The prices are good for NYC and the wine list is pretty good as well. Be prepared to spend though...it is NYC...our bill for 4 of us was still over $300.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodUnwindAndDineDined on 5/14/2014The place is beautiful with not that much noise level. A little expensive, but it's worth it when you want to unwind with good friends to catch up or have a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMadisonDined on 5/10/2014We chose Bobby Vans due to proximity to theater district. we had been to the one on the East side and in the Hamptons previously. $500 dinner for 4 and food was average at best. For a steakhouse the steak choices were limited and were lackluster in tasteSpecial Features:
- Pre-Theater Adequatetablesedge9Dined on 5/10/2014Rethinking Open Table. First instinct of maitre d's is to stick us in a back room or upstairs. We asked to stay downstairs here and were accommodated. Waiter seemed distracted and after we ordered cocktails he was on us to order. We had plenty of time before theater. We ordered apps and they came out in like a nano second. They hovered over my asparagus and asked many times if I were done. When finally I was, the entrees were in front of us. Lobster was much better at the 50th Street Bobby Van's. As were the service and atmosphere. It's worth a little walk to go there.
- Awesome!ReginaDined on 5/8/2014Food, service, and decor is outstanding. Our waiter was very accomadating too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip this oneJsmadVIPDined on 5/7/2014The mozzarella and tomato appetizer was the only good part of our meal.
- convenient for Theater DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014Excellent salads and large enough for 2 to share. Wines by the glass at reasonable price. Many entrees come without sides which are extra and expensive. Entrees prepared very well. Bread was lackluster and not fresh. Overall pretty good for theater district which is often commercial and overpriced.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2014The service was excellent and the food was fine. Nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/20/2014The steak was not cook as requested, and then had a hard time fixing it.
- Lunch at Bobby Van's W 45th StW34thstreetDined on 4/16/2014Bobby Van's is always hospitable, friendly and the food great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhynotdineDined on 4/13/2014Food and atmosphere were excellent- portions were very generous. Service was lacking for this level of restaurant, but will definitely try again.Special Features:
- Worst Service My Group of 4 EVERZuckerVIPDined on 4/12/2014I dined there Sat night with my wife and another couple. We each dine out 3 or 4 nights a week in Manhattan and have for many years. This was BY FAR the WORST service any of the 4 of us has EVER experienced. The appetizers came and before we had a chance to finish them, the entres cam (and we were NOT pressed for time). I asked the waiter to keep my entre warm until I had finished my appetizer. Then when I was finished, there was no one around on the upper level to check on us or to ask for my entre. Someone finally came up to the upper level when my dining companions were halfway finished. When I finally got my entre back it was very COLD. I asked them to warm it up, and when it came back, the others had all finished their dishes.
- Pre-theater Treasuretablesedge9Dined on 4/11/2014Attentive, brisk service. Waiter made special gestures to make us comfortable. Lobster cocktail was succulent and sweet. Will go back for that. Calamari good. Veal and burger as well. We even had time for creme brûlée and coffee before Of Mice and Men. Perfect choice before the show. thesidetrekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressed. Decor boringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2014Unimpressed. Decor boring and cheap looking. Steaks adequate but not seasoned well. Waiter was friendly but service slow. Other Bobby Vans and Bobby Vans Grills much better. Someone needs to up the game at Times Square.
- foodmegaprimeDined on 4/5/2014The restaurant is nice and the customer service is excellentSpecial Features:
- Food was very good, preparationFredrickDined on 3/31/2014Food was very good, preparation and delivery was top notch. Service was the strong point,Special Features:
- Excellent choice for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/18/2014You can never go wrong with Bobby Van's for a business lunch or if you have tourists visiting you. It's in the heart of NYC and a very well established restaurant. Food, service and abiance are excellent. Would highly recommend it for steak or fish lovers.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2014Enjoyed a terrific meal while have a wonderful view from the second floor dining room of the St Patrick's day madness at the pun across the street! Enjoyed the beef barley soup and shared the 32 ounce Ribeye! Great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Average...Nothing more/lessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2014Very average meal. Nothing wrong, but nothing great either. Definition of mediocreI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location. TraditionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/14/2014Good location. Traditional above average steakhouse. Not haute cuisine, but serves a need.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaaakVIPDined on 3/7/2014Aside from the hostess, the rest of the service was bad. Food was mediocre, not even close to the quality of the Bobby Vans on 54th street or the Park Avenue location.
- Service was extremely poorMarcusVIPDined on 3/7/2014Service was extremely slow and they were understaffed. We were seated almost 20 minutes before someone took our order. Our water was never refilled unless we asked and then we were told they ran out of bread....Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/6/2014Love Bobby Van at Times Square. Waiter was beyond thoughtful , courteous and caring. We had a 7:00pm show arriving at 5:40 and never felt rushed. Thank you for a happy experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.