Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
120 W. 45th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/Bobby_Vans_Steakhouse/West_45th_Street.html
- Phone: 2125755623x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
Bobby Van's newest restaurant is located on 45th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue in the heart of Times Square shopping and theatre district. Two floors of dining inside with an outdoor cafe. Perfect for lunch or dinner, and before and after theater dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (26)good for groups (22)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (10)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- It was Ok. We came here becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2011It was Ok. We came here because I like steak and it was close to the Broadway show we were going to watch. Service was ok, steak was ok...everything was just ok. Nothing special.
- Our wait staff was fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/26/2011Our wait staff was fabulous and the food was great. We would go back in a second.
- A Restaurant Week PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2011This was our first visit to any of the Bobby Van Grills and will make it one of my theater trip stops. Our waitress Kristin was wonderful, the food was served at a very nice pace and we had a very lovely table over looking 45th.Special Features:
- Veggies were cold and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/22/2011Veggies were cold and were sent back. Service was good. Food was good, not great. Better steakhouses in CT.
- definitely goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/20/2011my first visit. the food was great (eventhough my order came and it wasnt exactly what i ordered). they offered to replace it, but i preferred to eat it anyway. the mgmt was nice enough to remove the cost from my bill - which i would not expect them to do. great service. only negative - they need to find an alternative place to locate the coat check. our table was way to close to the coats. they keep them on two racks on wheels in the front of the store. request a table away from the coat racks. i will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Don't miss sweet chili calimari!chrystinpVIPDined on 1/15/2011The sweet chili tossed calamari are exquisite. If you like spicy food and calamari this is one of the yummiest dishes we've had in ages. We wished we'd ordered more than one! The other food was excellent, as was expected.Special Features:
- Friendly service from welcomeBarryVIPDined on 1/8/2011Friendly service from welcome through wait staff. Food was excellent and prompt.Special Features:
- Our family dined here forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Our family dined here for New Year's Eve. The meal and service were excellent. Will return again.
- Went Xmas Eve and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/24/2010Went Xmas Eve and the food and service was fabulous. The waiters were so attentive and the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- The food was outstanding alongScooterazDined on 12/20/2010The food was outstanding along with the presentation. The location was just off Times Square and convenient to all the shows and events happening in the surrounding area.Special Features:
- The host and hostesses wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/18/2010The host and hostesses were very accomodating to the fact that we had our 3 y/o with us, and seated us in a corner booth with plenty of room. A total of three waitstaff helped us out, our head waitress (Melissa), a young gentleman waiter, and another waitress. Melissa was good because she was informative about the children's menu options, and placed dishes out of my kid's reach (smart!) BUT, after that, she was less than attentive, and we had to ask the other waitstaff to help us out. Drink refills were forgotten by Melissa and replenished by the other waitstaff, as were other items needed. In the end we had a great dinner and great experience! We'll probably be back on our next visit!Special Features:
- Not up to the standards oftravler153VIPDined on 12/18/2010Not up to the standards of Bobby Van's steakhouses. Many errors on our order, and very salty food. Waitress kept telling us that they had only been open for 3 weeks. Am I supposed to feel better about the mishaps? They took real money from me, so shouldn't things be right?
- good addition to the TimesHomechefDined on 12/17/2010good addition to the Times Square scene -- an easy reliable meal
- Reception was excellent. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2010Reception was excellent. They moved a twosome upstairs (at their expense of drinks and dessert) so that I (on a cane) didn't have to walk the steps. Everytime the front door opened we froze! The food was good not great. The bread was so stale that when I showed the waiter that a spoon, when hit against it, didn't make a crumb, his answer was that "I guess they didn't get another delivery today". This bread basket (which everyone looks forward to, was less than acceptable for a high priced restaurant. Flatbread crackers from a box and stale bread is not so good. Dessert was good and the service was fine.
- One of several Bobby Van'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/10/2010One of several Bobby Van's Grill restaurants that delivers quality food with attentive service. Just wish the space was larger.
- We had a group of 6 diningSchankdaVIPDined on 12/4/2010We had a group of 6 dining between a Saturday matinee and evening performance (3 of us were in B'way shows). We were seated immediately upon arrival, even though the entire party had not arrived, which was very much appreciated!! (I just hate it when, even though you have a reservation, a place won't seat you until everyone arrives - ugh!) Waitstaff was very friendly and food quite tasty. And when a 7th person joined us at our table for just a drink, it was no problem! We didn't have any kids with us, but noticed many tables were families with children (all ages, from infant/toddler to teens) and seemed quite happy, so this location is definitely family friendly. All in all - a very nice evening!!Special Features:
- New location and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/3/2010New location and the food is consistent with Bobby Van quality. Would definitely recommend. Management very professional and very eager/helpful waitstaff. Good kids menu as well. My 7 year liked it. Great theatre location.Special Features: