Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
120 W. 45th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/Bobby_Vans_Steakhouse/West_45th_Street.html
- Phone: 2125755623x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
Bobby Van's newest restaurant is located on 45th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue in the heart of Times Square shopping and theatre district. Two floors of dining inside with an outdoor cafe. Perfect for lunch or dinner, and before and after theater dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)great for outdoor dining (37)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (25)romantic (24)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (18)scenic view (10)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- alwayseatingVIPDined on 8/23/2014the food and service were just fine, however the prices are too high, they need to adjust them to a more realistic level.
- The restroom is terribleLacebrightDined on 8/15/2014The seating layout is a bit difficult to sit. The chairs are uncomfortable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Salmon was divine, dressed as smartly as a Doolittle and simply melted with the crisp spinach bed.Special Features:
- DisappointingDeb2derDined on 8/8/2014We came here for dinner after our show and were highly disappointed. Having eaten at bobby van's downtown we thought the service and ambience would have been better. The ladies bathroom was filthy. The service was horrible. The food was good but definetely not worth going again.Special Features:
- DisappointingMelbaDined on 8/8/2014Ordered of the Restaurant Week Menu and were quite disappointed as they clearly serve cheaper quality foods from this menu. The filet mignon was like nothing I've ever had from a steakhouse/grill EVER - and I don't mean that in a positive way! Tough, grizzle not a choice cut of beef. And the mashed potatoes were BOXED mashed potatoes - grainy and disgusting. And the NY Cheesecake was awful. Could have possibly been Sarah Lee. Shame on Bobby Van's for doing that! If you don't want to partake in Restaurant Week, then don't.
- AwesomeIfthenDined on 8/7/2014Overall dinner service food could not have been better. Two requests were honored. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!CeeFVIPDined on 8/5/2014One of the worst meals we have ever had based on price point. They cooked both steaks wrong-how do you screw up rare?? And my tilapia was cooked to death. The service was awful to boot. Spend your money elsewhere!
- Go to the other locations1225VIPDined on 8/5/2014I have been to other Bobby Van's locations many times and have had reasonable experiences. On this visit, I felt like I was at TGIFs or Applebys. It was noisy, the service was extremely disorganized, if earnest, and the food was unpalatable. I would avoid the Times Square Grill.Special Features:
- not a place i would recommendlrenee212Dined on 8/5/2014it was convenient, but not enough on the menu. I had seen so many people dining out on the sidewalk i guessed it must be a great spot. I didn't enjoy the menu at all.
- Before A ShowFirstTimerDined on 8/5/2014The service was very good and all were friendly and courteous. The Regular Menu and Restaurant Week Menus were interesting. The food (restaurant week menu) was well prepared, ample and very good. A definite place to return to for an interesting dinner.Special Features:
- Great ServiceSukonMaticDined on 8/4/2014Servers were attentive while not obtrusive from the minute I walked in the door. Good food, fast service.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week4everFoodieDined on 8/4/2014My co-worker and I made reservations for a Monday during restaurant week. Everyone was very nice, gave great service, and were very attentive. The food was great! I ordered the Burratta Caprese (not sure if I spelled that correctly), the 10 oz sirloin, and a pecan fudge cake. My co-worker had the bean soup, the sirloin, and the carrot cake. We decided to dine outside and the service was great, I didn't realize the noise level, and I'm thinking of going again before Restaurant Week is over. And again after Restaurant Week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyAnniebeeeDined on 8/2/2014Great food and great ambience. Went there restaurant week and the menu was just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Food was delicious, service was great and location was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great time in Times Sq!TomMartyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food and service - and great deals thanks to restaurant week. Will become a regular here in this ideal entertainment location!Special Features:
- Amazing, but...AviddinerDined on 7/31/2014The food and everything was awesome, but during our dinner I felt rushed. The food came a little too quick, with no time in between to enjoy the atmosphere and conversation. The result of this made the dinner feel rushed as they were trying to get us out quicker, but the restaurant was not busy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Value and Great Food!FoodGuyVIPDined on 7/31/2014We visited Bobby Van's before seeing a show and were greeted with enthusiasm and genuine good nature. We ordered off the Restaurant Week menu and were treated to full size, 16 oz. portions of some of the best veal chops we've ever had. Our server was attentive and had a terrific smile and sense of humor. Caesar salads were large, side orders of sauteed mushrooms were fresh and tasty, resulting in the greatest value for the money! Every part of our experience was terrific, and Bobby Van's won a not so difficult battle to convert us to new customers. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- You need to eat here!!!!Sparklyjess7493Dined on 7/31/2014This was the first time my friends and I were eating here. We had a 530 reservation and we were sat at exactly 530!i had the stake and it was cooked to perfection and the salmon was very fresh and wonderfully presented. The drinks were strong and very affordable I would recommed drinking the 50. Shades drink and this resturate to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NANADined on 7/31/2014We had a problem with one of the main courses we ordered and the manager took care of it by not charging us for it.. The food was delicious and the mozzarella cheese was one of the best we have ever had. The desserts were great. It was a special way to celebrate our anniversary!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Restaurant weekTennissharkDined on 7/31/2014This was great for Restaurant week. The food and the service was great and was a perfect location for the theatre.Special Features:
- Horribletubie51Dined on 7/28/2014They sat us upstairs which has the charm of a basement and when I asked to be closer to the window for light, I was told no because they had reservations for a large party. Well, by the time we left at 8:23, there was still no one at the table. The steak and veal chops were overdone and dry, my salad was overdressed and desserts were overly sweet and gluey. If you can't do restaurant week justice, don't participate. This was the worst meal I have had in terms of the food and ambiance. Why didn't I complain while I was there? We were celebrating a birthday and I did not want to spoil it by making a scene. I did not realize how awful it was until I got home. A friend said "you will not be disappointed" and now he feels bad too.
- outstanding staff, service, & steakjaychenDined on 7/28/2014There are no words to describe the perfection of their medium rare steak cooked to finest texture & moisture. The dessert was absolutely to die for and the staff was highly attentive and considerate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Really ImpressedcriticalcriticVIPDined on 7/27/2014We went for restaurant week....had to ask for that menu...three in our party, 2 had filet, 1 veal chop. First, appetizers were fine, salads we a good size and tasty. Entrees ... veal chop, excellent....no problems whatsoever....but the filets had to be sent back as they were cooked beyond our request...it was not a problem, waiter/maitre'd agreed and insisted on replacing filets....but when you got to a steak house, the steaks should be prepared as ordered....So, if you are patient, enjoy the restaurant week special....at $39 it can't be beat....enjoy the dessert too....Service, that took a while for it to warm up....no smiles until after the salad course....
- Good food, Bad serviceNewyorkgirlDined on 7/26/2014To begin with the ground under our table was full With Butter and carbage so we cleaned it ourselfs then some of our spoons and forks were Dirty, you found spinach and other things from the guests before on them. After that our waiter was not able to pour the wine, we even did Not get New plates when he Spilled on them. and Finally when we were done with the food(which was good, thanks god) the waiter cleared away everything but with such a worse technique, he grabbed every Silverware with on Hand before he Took the plates. I Dont Know how such a Nice Restaurant chain, can employee a waiter with such skills, no skills. I definietly dissapointed and would Not go to This Place again and have reservation for mortons tonight.
- DisappointedunimpressedDined on 7/26/2014I was quite disappointed with my meal. The filet mignon was fatty and not tasty. It was disguised with the lump crab meat and hollandaise sauce on top of it. The manager took it off my bill. Needless to say it did not agree with my stomach either. The only good thing about it was that I was given a gift certificate to eat there so the bill did not come out of my pocket.Special Features:
- Great for pre-theatre diningBKPColumbiaDined on 7/26/2014We regularly go to Bobby Van's Grill before theatre shows. The good is always exceptional, and the service regularly very good to excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible servicePokerbeechDined on 7/25/2014We were there early on a Friday evening before it got busy. Food was ok. The service was by far the worst we recieved while we were in New York. Our waiter rarely visited our table. My water would be empty for 15 minutes before they would come to refill it. My girlfriend asked for toothpicks and they were never bought to our table. And she ordered a coffee when the desert menus were bought to our table. She did not get the coffee until after we had finished our desert. Pretty disappointed
- luvgoodfoodDined on 7/23/2014Food and service was excellent. Had the restaurant week dinner special. However, $18.50 for a martini is a bit over the top, which offset the value of the restaurant week savings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable MealhappydinerDined on 7/22/2014We chose Bobby Van's Grill since it was near the Theater that we were going to, the food was wonderful and the service was excellent. I would definitely return when in the area.Special Features:
- Great choices for RW and in generalNycjennVIPDined on 7/21/2014BVs on 45th has a nice lunch menu and a diverese restaurant week menu for lunch as well. While it is a pet peeve that a steak house upcharges for a steak (petite filet)on the lunch menu- you can get the steak sandwich as part of the regular deal and it's a nice option. The salad is huge and the dessert is huge if not particularly spectacular (chocolate mousse cake- it's good- it's just not mind blowing). Service is quick and attentive. And the outside seating can't be beat for the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, dirty and food took foreverlunchpatronDined on 7/19/2014We sat outside which was a mistake. Not the right kind of street after theater or a movie to have an outdoor seating option. The food took forever and then they forgot the side items for my order. Not a place I'll return to.
- LunchCarboDined on 7/17/2014Food was excellent, bottom line. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cappyDined on 7/16/2014Food is good but a little pricey very convenient to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelasmomBelasmomDined on 7/8/2014First time I have eaten at this restaurant. Unfortunately, my table was on the top floor and I have difficulty going up steps (no elevator). The entree I had was excellent. I thought the service could have been a bit better. After finishing my drink, I wasn't asked if I wanted another nor was my water glass filled in a timely manner. I had called a couple hours before I arrived to let them know that it was my friend's birthday. When I got there I asked my waiter if he would put a candle in whatever dessert we ordered. I was very disappointed that after requesting twice, the dessert arrive without a candle.Special Features:
- Great spot if you work in the areaJimNDined on 7/3/2014I'm a fan, though my experience there is almost excusively for lunch. Nice, accomodating staff, good food, close to my office. For lunch, try the specials.Special Features:
- LUVITALIANFOOD1Dined on 6/29/2014THE LOCATION IS VERY GOOD PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE DOING BROADWAY SHOWS. THE FOOD IS PRICEY FOR WHAT IT IS !WHAT YOU GAIN IN CONVENIENCE YOU LOSE IN QUALITY!Special Features:
- MargieDined on 6/26/2014The food, ambience, service and location were great. I would definitely come again and invite friends. Really enjoyed the soft shell crab. The waiter was very helpful.Special Features:
- My new go to place before theater .CinnamonVIPDined on 6/25/2014Biggest burger I ever saw. Delicious. Great menu, pretty place. I will go back.Special Features:
- Delicious delight!MamaluvshistoryDined on 6/21/2014We were in the city for one night & I had researched a few steakhouses that were recommended. We chose Bobby's and all 4 of us had AMAZING entrées! The BobbyVan's oscar filet was to die for, 1 of the best steaks I've ever had! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Itluv2eatDined on 6/21/2014Had a reunion with 4 college friends Saturday night. Dined outside. Food choices were terrific and everyone loved their meal. Wait staff was fun and friendly and very attentive. Highly recommend it. All of us thought it was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.