Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
120 W. 45th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/Bobby_Vans_Steakhouse/West_45th_Street.html
- Phone: 2125755623x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
Bobby Van's newest restaurant is located on 45th Street between Broadway and 6th Avenue in the heart of Times Square shopping and theatre district. Two floors of dining inside with an outdoor cafe. Perfect for lunch or dinner, and before and after theater dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)great for outdoor dining (43)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (19)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (10)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Server Not ListeningJimmymacDined on 10/20/2014Our server was not listening. Orderred a cheese burger, arrived without cheese. Asked for one salad dressing and got something completly different. Food was good, service was less than past times I have been there for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too crowdedRayYanksDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant has added too many tables upstairs that are too close together. The waiters and busboys smashed into the back of my wife's chair numerous times because there wasn't enough room to walk between the tables without doing so!!Special Features:
- hungryHoosierDined on 10/17/2014Great place for steaks and very convenient to the theatre district around Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/10/2014Sent a message it was our anniversary and they had a great private table waiting for us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well priced for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The food was very good. We have children who prefer to eat steak. So the concierge at the Times Square hotel recommended Bobby Vans. He said it would be a nice dining experience at a price point that would not break the bank. He was correct.I would recommend this to a friend.
- could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2014We went based on location and reviews. One Filet Oscar: overcooked and crabmeat was cold, but steak was hot; the other Filet Oscar: cooked to correct temperature but steak and crabmeat were both cold. Server never came back to check on us. Brought the check and asked what he could do for us and we said, "how about dessert?". We ordered two desserts and we were charged for them! We think these things could easily be fixed, but would only try them once more; if not fixed, would not go back.
- Service in a hurryChirolaDined on 10/1/2014we had reserved for 9.30. everything was ready when we arrived, but the employees wanted us to finish before 11pm just because they close at that time. ej. they brought the wine when we were finishing the first plate. we really could not enjoy the situation. they should not accept reservation for that time if they want to leave early
- Fabulous DinnerFabs66Dined on 9/27/2014While visiting NYC we stumbled upon Bobby Vans via Open Table.....had a fabulous dinner and bottle of wine. Great service. Highly recommend for a special night out before the Theater.Special Features:
- Good dinner!soccerref07Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I ate here for the 1st time, sat outside on a warm Saturday night in NYC, and enjoyed our dinners here. I had the steak, my wife had chicken, and we both thought our meals were very good, but nothing really special. My steak was good, but not on par with steaks at Mortons/The Palms/Ruth Chris's/Capital Grille. Lobster appy was good, but again, nothing special. For dessert, the tartufo was to frozen to eat, they should have put it in the microwave to soften it up a bit before serving. A nice dinner, but doubt we'll go back.Special Features:
- Need speedier serviceMarDanDined on 9/27/2014Although the food was good, the lack of service overshadowed the experience. It took over 10 minutes just to get our drinks. Every time the waiter made it to our table, he gave the same excuse that he was busy. I would expect much better service for a $200 dinner for 2. There are much better grill type restaurants in the city worthy of my business.Special Features:
- Pre theater dinnerSandy701VIPDined on 9/24/2014I booked this reservation on Open Table on Sept. 24, 2014. I selected the 4:45 pm reservation because of the 1,000 point value. My granddaughter & I arrive promptly and I advised the hostess that this was booked through Open Table and we had a nice meal. The restaurant was not crowded as we were one of only a few tables enjoying dinner. However, the next day I noticed on my Open Table account that we only received 100 pts. I am disappointed to say the least. Still waiting a response from Open Table. The 4:30 pm time slot was also a 1,000 point value as well.Special Features:
- Great burger for lunch!micmacVIPDined on 9/24/2014Really good place for pre-theater lunch for Wednesday matinee. The ladies who lunch don't think of this place - they should!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestTrickyDined on 9/18/2014Service was not great. Seated at unset table. Insufficient menus, had to ask twice and eventually received another one. Waiter did not take drink order until prompted. Had to request water and not top off without requesting. Not asked for dessert either. Food was okay, nothing special. Two Steaks ordered medium rare: one was medium one was rare.
- Great food, atmosphere and service!katdeDined on 9/16/2014I was greeted at the door and they knew the person I was meeting was at the bar. The staff was gracious and extremely courteous. The calamari with chile suace appetizer was so good I would go back for that alone. We had the bone-in rib eye and the scallops. I would recommend both dishes. They also had a very nice half-bottle wine list which is rare but such a nice option to have.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014great meal but inattentive service. Place is mildly over priced too.Special Features:
- Excellent Food - Fantastic LocationjockcityDined on 9/11/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant during our six night stay in New York. We as a family of four thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, steaks to die for, tasty burgers, wine delicious, iced water and ambience pitched just right. The background music playing was very good. Service from our waiter was very good he was courteous and fun. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like Bobby vans should beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Always amazing. Love the food and service. A real steak house.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014We were going to theatre around the corner -- was very good choice as my 2 daughters are vegetarians -- 1 had ahi tuna & the other chick pea salad -- corn chicken chowder was excellent & side dishes of corn & broccolli were very good & Large portions -- salmon was also large & very good -- even though it is basically a steak house, there were certainly enough other choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York SurpriseNewBobbyVanGrillfanDined on 9/4/2014We discovered Bobby Van's Grill Times Square as we were walking in New York, looking for a late night dinner. We sat at the bar to eat, simply because we wanted to watch the US Open. The food was excellent, and the wait staff was superb. Their butternut soup was velvety!!! We enjoyed it so much that we changed the reservation that we had for the next night to return to Bobby Van's to celebrate my husband's birthday. Sometimes you just get lucky.....this was a great find.Special Features:
- Excellent!ipotexasVIPDined on 8/30/2014The service and food were excellent! Everyone was very attentive and it felt like they were serving only us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food specially meat!RoxyDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious, good price, great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/27/2014Quality food, good service, and perfect business meeting ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alwayseatingVIPDined on 8/23/2014the food and service were just fine, however the prices are too high, they need to adjust them to a more realistic level.
- The restroom is terribleLacebrightDined on 8/15/2014The seating layout is a bit difficult to sit. The chairs are uncomfortable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Salmon was divine, dressed as smartly as a Doolittle and simply melted with the crisp spinach bed.Special Features:
- DisappointingDeb2derDined on 8/8/2014We came here for dinner after our show and were highly disappointed. Having eaten at bobby van's downtown we thought the service and ambience would have been better. The ladies bathroom was filthy. The service was horrible. The food was good but definetely not worth going again.Special Features:
- DisappointingMelbaDined on 8/8/2014Ordered of the Restaurant Week Menu and were quite disappointed as they clearly serve cheaper quality foods from this menu. The filet mignon was like nothing I've ever had from a steakhouse/grill EVER - and I don't mean that in a positive way! Tough, grizzle not a choice cut of beef. And the mashed potatoes were BOXED mashed potatoes - grainy and disgusting. And the NY Cheesecake was awful. Could have possibly been Sarah Lee. Shame on Bobby Van's for doing that! If you don't want to partake in Restaurant Week, then don't.
- AwesomeIfthenDined on 8/7/2014Overall dinner service food could not have been better. Two requests were honored. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!CeeFVIPDined on 8/5/2014One of the worst meals we have ever had based on price point. They cooked both steaks wrong-how do you screw up rare?? And my tilapia was cooked to death. The service was awful to boot. Spend your money elsewhere!
- Go to the other locations1225VIPDined on 8/5/2014I have been to other Bobby Van's locations many times and have had reasonable experiences. On this visit, I felt like I was at TGIFs or Applebys. It was noisy, the service was extremely disorganized, if earnest, and the food was unpalatable. I would avoid the Times Square Grill.Special Features:
- not a place i would recommendlrenee212Dined on 8/5/2014it was convenient, but not enough on the menu. I had seen so many people dining out on the sidewalk i guessed it must be a great spot. I didn't enjoy the menu at all.
- Before A ShowFirstTimerDined on 8/5/2014The service was very good and all were friendly and courteous. The Regular Menu and Restaurant Week Menus were interesting. The food (restaurant week menu) was well prepared, ample and very good. A definite place to return to for an interesting dinner.Special Features:
- Great ServiceSukonMaticDined on 8/4/2014Servers were attentive while not obtrusive from the minute I walked in the door. Good food, fast service.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week4everFoodieDined on 8/4/2014My co-worker and I made reservations for a Monday during restaurant week. Everyone was very nice, gave great service, and were very attentive. The food was great! I ordered the Burratta Caprese (not sure if I spelled that correctly), the 10 oz sirloin, and a pecan fudge cake. My co-worker had the bean soup, the sirloin, and the carrot cake. We decided to dine outside and the service was great, I didn't realize the noise level, and I'm thinking of going again before Restaurant Week is over. And again after Restaurant Week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyAnniebeeeDined on 8/2/2014Great food and great ambience. Went there restaurant week and the menu was just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Food was delicious, service was great and location was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great time in Times Sq!TomMartyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great food and service - and great deals thanks to restaurant week. Will become a regular here in this ideal entertainment location!Special Features:
- Amazing, but...AviddinerDined on 7/31/2014The food and everything was awesome, but during our dinner I felt rushed. The food came a little too quick, with no time in between to enjoy the atmosphere and conversation. The result of this made the dinner feel rushed as they were trying to get us out quicker, but the restaurant was not busy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Value and Great Food!FoodGuyVIPDined on 7/31/2014We visited Bobby Van's before seeing a show and were greeted with enthusiasm and genuine good nature. We ordered off the Restaurant Week menu and were treated to full size, 16 oz. portions of some of the best veal chops we've ever had. Our server was attentive and had a terrific smile and sense of humor. Caesar salads were large, side orders of sauteed mushrooms were fresh and tasty, resulting in the greatest value for the money! Every part of our experience was terrific, and Bobby Van's won a not so difficult battle to convert us to new customers. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- You need to eat here!!!!Sparklyjess7493Dined on 7/31/2014This was the first time my friends and I were eating here. We had a 530 reservation and we were sat at exactly 530!i had the stake and it was cooked to perfection and the salmon was very fresh and wonderfully presented. The drinks were strong and very affordable I would recommed drinking the 50. Shades drink and this resturate to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.