Bobby Van's Grill - Broad Street
25 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bobby Van's Grill - Broad Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/
- Phone: (212) 344-8463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Esias DeJesus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In house Catering available from 2 to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Tez Bois 2123448463
- Special Events: The grill menu is available in the upstairs steakhouse bar, and anytime the grill is booked for a private event.
A word from Bobby Van's Grill - Broad Street
Bobby Van's Grill is located directly accross from the New York Stock Exchange on Broad Street. The Vault dining room on the lower level was once J.P. Morgan & Co.'s original bank vault, which was installed by Remington & Sherman Co. in 1902. The Vault Bar's elongated room is lined with vault doors, two of which showcase Bobby Van's extensive Wine Room. The 22-foot wood paneled bar boasts a large selection of spirits and wines by the glass which you can also enjoy at one of the rich tapestry-covered banquettes. In the center of the room is the impressive six-foot circular main vault entrance where you can dine on entrees such as our 12oz prime beef burgers, juicy steak wraps, Maine lobster rolls, jumbo crab BLTs, specialty salads, and of course our famous steaks!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Grill - Broad Street reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (12)good for groups (9)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wall St WinnerBobDVIPDined on 11/5/2014Bobby Vans on Broad St. Is a great place when you are having lunch or dinner in the Financial District. Steps from the NYSE, Bobby Vans is old school steak house. Like its cousins in Mid Town, you always get a great steak and great wine list. Friendly staff, makes you feel at home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014Always reliable, food consistently good, service friendly--Bobby Van's Grill is ideal for business lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Steady deliverySteveDined on 9/16/2014I always like ducking into BV's on Broad when I need a decadent, indulgent lunch or am craving a nice dry-aged steak. They always deliver as expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerDallasDined on 8/6/2014Food was excellent; especially the sweet chili calamari. Service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- MurphyknowsbestDined on 8/5/2014Had the salmon and it was to die for....portions are perfect and the chocolate mousse cake was like silk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar but Restaurant needs helpRafaelDined on 8/1/2014I've visited the bar on several occasions and had a great experience. Old School decor and ambience. This was the second time I tried having lunch at this place and had the same experience. The food quality was OK but nothing to brag about. On both occasion, I advised the waiter that we had a 1 hr. Time constraint in hope that they would serve us quickly but no luck. On my last visit, my date ended up leaving after waiting 45 minutes for our lunch and having 5 minutes to eat it before heading back to work. If you can spare 1 1/2 hr. for lunch then you will be ok. If you are into Steaks like I am, I would recommend Mark Joseph Steakhouse a few blocks away in stead.Special Features:
- Great serviceNightOwlDined on 7/30/2014The wait staff was excellent. They were so friendly and professional. The waiter we had was joking with us, but retained a level of professionalism. Me and my friends had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 281 reviews are from the Bobby Van's Grill - Broad Street reviews archive.
- ehh...GiaSVIPDined on 7/21/2014I thought I would give Bobby Van's a try for restaurant week, but I was not at all pleased. I usually try the other steak houses in the neighborhood and they are infinitely better! I will not return to Bobby Van's. The service was rushed, the waiter would bring out our next course without having cleared the dished from the previous course. We were done in under an hour which was efficient but not pleasant.
- A Real Find!NativeNYerDined on 6/30/2014Bobby Van's Grill was a real find in the Wall Street area: a quiet place with a wonderfully varied menu. I picked it out for lunch with a dear friend who works in that neighborhood. We had a lovely time. The space was fascinating and the food was delicious! We'll be back again, for sure!Special Features:
- The steaks were really good! But ..HugoferdlDined on 6/27/2014The vault was the main reason for me to take my wife there, but alas, it was closed, on a Friday evening. There were 2 groups at the bar (very noisy, just drinking), one other guest in the dining room eating, and us. It was very strange that there was practically nobody there for dinner. The fried calamari were really, really good. However, the stuffed clams were not good (the bacon smelled very strong), and the 3rd clam my wife ate was bad (-> expired ... she had to spit it out). When we told the waitress, she said sorry and took the plate away. We didn't get comp'd for it, the chef or the restaurant manager didn't come out to deal with the problem, nothing. The spinach smelled and tasted very weird, neither my wife nor I didn't eat it.Special Features:
- Perfect power lunch locationNanaVIPDined on 6/18/2014If you ever need to impress a client or a date, the Grill is where to go. The ambiance and setting alone will go a long way. I've tried a lot of things on the menu, so this time I had the chicken, as well as the quesadilla, and they were both really good. If you can get a seat inside the vault, go for it. The wine list is pretty amazing as well.Special Features:
- Excellent Wall Street lunch spotLawgirlDined on 5/28/2014Bobby Van's Grill in the Vault room had a lot of character - I was seated directly next to the giant bank vault door which was definitely unique! The sliced steak salad was excellent - very tasty and tender cut of meat over spinach with mushrooms and goat cheese. Reasonably priced and great service, and tables were spread out so you had privacy and it was not noisy despite the tile floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014Really Great service and good food. Very expensive: diner for 8 including 4 children with no bottle of wine and only main courses cost almost 600$. Open table guide placed this restaurant in Category $$ but should really be in Category $$$ because it is far more than 50$ per person. Otherwise the basement bank vault setting is great and at 90$ is great but dont expect to pay 50$.
- Terrible servicejch14VIPDined on 4/7/2014We went for a quick office lunch but it took 52 minutes just for them to take our order, and it wasn't crowded. They just kept forgetting about us. Or they were ignoring us on purpose because we made a reservation for 6 but they sat us at a table for 8, and we asked to be reseated to a right-sized table. Which shouldn't have been a problem because the restaurant was empty and we had a reservation, but the host seemed annoyed.
- I've been there several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014I've been there several times and always find it a great experience. I love sitting in the Vault, it's very nostalgic and, although the lighting is dim, it's still comfortable. The food is great and the staff is very friendly and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy in New York City Super BowlLuvs2dineoutDined on 1/27/2014Was very excited to go to this restaurant & had requested to be seated in the vault, this was not available fir dinner but they did set up a table outside the vault, which was nice. Our apps were ok, drinks were better. Dinner arrived & we had to send both orders back to be refired. They came back and were still under cooked. The server was wonderful, Bobby the maitradee was fabulous he took care of us & compt us. I would recommend lunch at this timeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful EveningeapoeVIPDined on 1/7/2014The group very much enjoyed our team team dinner. The food was excellent and the service was terrific. The Oysters Rockefeller won over a few in my party who had never had them. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!EllenDined on 1/6/2014Made a lunch reservation and was seated in one part of the restaurant for a full half hour while my guests were elsewhere -- despite the fact that after about 10 mins I asked the waitstaff if there was any way my guests could be seated in another part of the restaurant. The answer was no, though in fact they were upstairs and had already ordered! The unappealing maitre d' led me through the kitchen upstairs and barely apologized. No courtesy of a free drink or anything like that was extended. To top it off, the food was ordinary. I won't return.
- We had an exceptional lunch/meetingRaymondVIPDined on 12/5/2013We had an exceptional lunch/meeting in the wine room. Food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerworldtravelerDined on 11/21/2013We both enjoyed our steaks and everything else ordered. The service was prefect...giving us space when we were chatting and there immediately when we wanted something. I didn't find the atmosphere to be quite as nice as described. The noise level was higher then I preferred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereiLo823VIPDined on 10/31/2013Where else can you dine inside of a bank vault? Very cool atmosphere and the service and food were outstanding. Good variety of choices for lunch and a great place to have a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Lower Manhattan SteakJasonNYCDined on 10/22/2013Housed in a former bank vault in Lower Manhattan, Bobby Vans serves classic, well cooked slabs of meat, excellent sides, and tremendous desserts. Highly recommended.
- Wonderful nightLJX5VIPDined on 10/18/2013We celebrated our daughter's 16th birthday while in NYC. The restaurant was just the perfect spot. Great ambience and service. Only note is the filet is pretty large. The petit filet was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb lunch meeting spotFidoDined on 10/4/2013Need to close a deal or impress a client? Then Bobby Van's Grill is your place.Special Features:
- Go DownstairsexTokyoResidentDined on 9/20/2013Good food, great service. Steaks, etc. If you can, ask for table downstairs in the basement (separate entrance): it is the old JPMorgan bank vault, and great scenery. This is a great place for lunch. If you do happen to eat upstairs, please note that you can ask for the menu they use downstairs, which has sandwiches and lighter options. Note: ligheter, but by no means light. after lunch here, if you finish your plate, you will want a nap. The steak wrap is great. I've also had various steaks, salmon, etc. and really have not had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchNYFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2013I usually opt for Bobby Vans Grill, but was taking clients for lunch and opted for the Steakhouse. Everything was top notch - - the service was attentive and professional, the wine list broad and deep and the steaks excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificskibaumVIPDined on 8/20/2013I've been finely with Bibby Vans at several if their locations, for years, and have never been disappointed. It was great as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my first time goingjeahalDined on 8/16/2013It was my first time going to Bobby Van's, i heard it was a great place from a co-worker and wanted to bring my Fiance there for a birthday dinner. I had called a few days prior to request to be seated in the valut as I heard it was very cool and a lot of history. we were first sat elsewhere and I had to be asked to me and nothing mention on the valuts. We were not told about the specials going on such as half price on any bottle of Wine and Resturant week. It would have been nice if we were given this information prior to ordering. Not to mention the fact that the waiter totally disappeared after he took our dinner order and we were then helped by other random waiters. It was a terrible disappointment for my Finance' birthday dinner.
- The VaultZepeDined on 8/14/2013I know I checked "scenic view",which may seem odd....but hey......how many people get to eat lunch/dinner in a VAULT????!!!! My friends and I were impressed by the surroundings, and the nice choices for Rest. Week lunch.....delicious!!! Loved it, and have spread the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Bobby Van's GrillPichiDined on 8/14/2013The service was great and the food was what you'd expect from a place specializing in steaks. Everything cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat eaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2013The filet mignon was perfection. The cut, flavor and cooked exactly the way I like it, medium rare. The side of creamy spinach was disappointing, there was too much nutmeg or what taste like it. There was one toddler running around screaming with delight so it's definitely kid friendly since no patron or staff seemed to mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Let-DownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013Wedge Salad/Soup; Scallops, Salmon, Steak Sandwich; Chocolate Mousse Cake For starters, the dessert was the highlight of our meal. The mousse cake was light and delicious. To all the chocolate lovers, it was a great way to end the meal without something heavy. Also, the steak sandwich was delicious. The steak was cooked and seasoned well and a generous portion was served. The wedge salad was good, but the onion rings were oily and greasy. The scallops were fair. Cooked well, but the miso dressing was heavy and the salad was overly dressed. It was nothing memorable. Also, the salmon wasn't served with the butter/mustard sauce as advertised. Overall, I wasn't impressed. Maybe customers should stick with steak and not have any RW expectations.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2013This is a great spot for client lunches. The food and service are both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchEaterVIPDined on 7/17/2013Excellent cobb salad, cool atmosphere - for downtown, a great place for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013My husband and I wanted to meet my son for dinner in his neighborhood. I went on Opentable and put in the Financial district in New York City, and chose Bobby Van's because there was only 2 dollar signs ($$). Although our experience was unbelievable the cost was a little pricey. We were a party of 5 and the final bill was over $500.00, Having said that, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone celebrating a special occasion, a romantic dinner or just getting together. The food and service cannot be beat. And to top it off, we took a private tour of JP Morgan's bank vault which is housed in the grill downstairs. We will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Dine Here..OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2013I always dine at this Bobby Vans Location. The food is always on point. Very nice decor and overall atmosphere. However, the last time I dined at this location, I requested to sit in the bank vault (one of the coolest things about this restaurant). When we arrived for our reservation, we were seated at a regular table and not in the vault. I noticed that there were plenty of empty tables in the vault, and when I asked why I wasnt seated there, the woman said all those tables were reserved. When I explained that I made one of those reservations, she just replied, "It is not on file". I usually alway have a plesant experience here but this time was diasappointed. I felt that they should accomodate a frequesnt patron.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good salads and sandwicheslawyermomof3Dined on 6/25/2013I normally go to Bobby Van's steakhouse with clients and enjoy the steak. I decided to go to the Grill instead. While the ambiance is not as sophisticated or nice as the upstairs counterpart, I thought the selection of food was much better than the Grill. Had a great asian chicken chopped salad and chicken noodle soup. They have a great selection of sandwiches. And of course, there is steak as well.Special Features:
- SwitchedKrisDined on 6/15/2013When we arrived for our reservation, we were advised that the Grill was not open and that we would be eating at the Steakhouse instead. The food was fabulous. The service was acceptable. We would definitely go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- been here many times, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013been here many times, service was lacking today although not the busy.
- TimeslessJmurfDined on 5/17/2013It was such a treat to eat in JP Morgans vault. Thinking about the history of the place and getting to see the amazing display of vault doors added greatly to the experience. The food was amazing; I had the petite filet and my two friends split the salmon. What a great time in NYC!!!Special Features: