8501 N 27th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051-4063Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyq.net/
- Phone: 6029955982x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Mark Hittle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service Catering Department.
Takeout and Delivery also available!
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
- Private Party Contact: Laura Hogan 6029955982x
- Entertainment: TV's in the bar and patio area for sports viewing.
A word from Bobby Q
The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bobby Q - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Bobby Q reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (80)fit for foodies (56)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (53)great for lunch (50)kid-friendly (35)hot spot (32)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (13)great for brunch (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Looks corporate, eats better!EdMuldoonVIPDined on 9/16/2014We're on the road when we eat here (i.e., the company is paying), so we could easily go to more high-end places, but we keep coming back here! The combo platters are definitely not helping America's obesity problem, but they are a treat. The BBQ sauce is as good as any we've tried and there are a few varieties, so sampling/sharing is a lot of fun. Tons of good beers to accompany and friendly (as well as cute) waitresses. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014AS BBQ GOES WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. BRISKET WAS WAY WAY OVER COOKED WAS JUST A PILE OF MUSH. PULLED PORK WAS FLAVORLESS. THE ST LOUIS RIBS WERE ALSO WAY OVER COOKED. THEIR "CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE WAS A JOKE. ABSOLUTE HORRIBLE FLAVOR AND IN NO WAY REPRESENTS A TRUE CAROLINA SAUCE (ABSOLUTLY NO VINEGAR) WHICH BRINGS ME TO THE REALIZATION THAT THERE IS NO DECENT BBQ JOINTS IN PHOENIX. THE ONLY ENJOYABLE PART WAS THE BEGINNING( CORNBREAD) AND THE END ( SUGAR DONUTS)
- great foodTjnurse93Dined on 9/12/2014food was great as it usually is when we go. Music was so loud we had to 'holler' across the table to be heard. Left quickly due to this, instead of having dessert. had online reservation and seated promptly upon arrivalSpecial Features:
- Bar Bee Cue HeavenAndrewHDined on 9/11/2014Smokehouse Barbeque heaven awaits at Bobby Q! Its not a great location but you hit this place for the amazing smokehouse barbeque food. The ambience is good and service is attentive. Take a few friends and enjoy a night of ribs and dips or the amazing pulled pork. Overall,.... highly recommended. :-)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Extremely good service and hosts who check throughout the meal that everything is all right. Might be a good idea to train waitress a bit more on the items from the bar. Either that or have someone more knowledgeable handle the bar options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014We took friends for their first time visit as we have said it is the best BBQ in the Phoenix area. After the experience, they agreed. Food was great, so was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Great food will be back very soon. Liked the rustic vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome....JamieDined on 8/31/2014Bobby Q's has the best Bar B Que in town. We have searched high and low and have finally found our place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a little deaf . . .BBQFiendDined on 8/30/2014So I always struggle in conversation at Bobby Q's; the ambient room volume is busy and constant. That said, the food was excellent, as always, and our server was the best, so it always makes up for it. Everybody is fun and friendly. I had had her before and I use all her recommendations. I brought two newbies with me, one of whom was convinced that Phoenix did not have a decent b-b-q joint. He loved it. Next morning he texted me that the leftovers were great for breakfast too. My guests both loved the banana pudding pie. A quieter room or a meeting room would make the experience perfect.Special Features:
- Good food, good times, good friendsOMG2Dined on 8/27/2014Great place for having friends, family and co-workers. Lots of energy, spacing is good, adequate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE Boby Q's!CarolinaGirlDined on 8/26/2014The best BBQ in town! Awesome food, ambiance and service! Add this to your list of places to try so you don't miss you! (I've been in Phoenix for two weeks and have been 3 times!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingJboyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Antique storm shutters, silver place setting lamps, & castle doors from Prescott are just a couple of the details that make up the ambiance. Food is why you come though, and portions are generous and the BBQ is top notch. The ribs could be served as a desert as they are succulent and delicate to the touch. The smoked prime rib is to die for, with a salt and pepper rub on the outside and smoke on the inside. The complimentary corn bread may have been the star of the show, if I didn't so love my side of mac-a-cheese and smoked corn off the cob. Sauces were amazing but really an after thought due to the flavor in every bite. When I think BBQ I typically think local dive, but why? Bobby Qs makes BBQ fine dining and I was amazed at the results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedCastonDined on 8/22/2014The service was phenomenal, the food was fantastic, we did have to wait a little longer than our reservation time but only by about 15 minutes. The staff was very apologetic about that. Overall, we had an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Be back soonDiscerningDinerDined on 8/22/2014We will be back soon! Great food. Terrific service. The server and manager both interacted with us and our kids and made us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best smoked prime rib EVER!!HappydinerDined on 8/17/2014That says it all. The smoked prime rib was the BEST I have ever had. Great flavor, tender, and moist. It was PERFECTION!Special Features:
- Great place to eatBetterBBQDined on 8/16/2014Whether you like BBQ, Steaks, or Chicken; there's something on the menu. Good food, good service, reasonable prices! Recommend dining for 2 or a group of people. They can meet your needs.Special Features:
- Will recommend to everyonegreatfoodDined on 8/16/2014Good idea to make reservations, service was outstanding,food wonderful,Special Features:
- Good Food Lousy Servicerockhead1960Dined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed our evening out as a family. Daughter in from College - she liked the pulled pork and my wife enjoyed the prime rib. I had the BBQ baby backs and they fell off the bone - maybe a little too much as I couldn't pick them up to eat them - had to use a knife and fork. Service was lousy - girl was incompetent as she was always confused when she came by the table. Then when clearing the table - which she did in a 15 minute period clearing one person at a time though we were all done - she spilled the contents of one plate on me. Go for the food - be tolerant of the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always goodannieDined on 8/16/2014However it came before our water and drinks. An extra side appeared at the table that we did not order. We had to ask to have it removed from the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Semi-hidden gemNCentralPhxfoodieDined on 8/16/2014Great bbq! And good barbeque is hard to find in Phoenix. Really nice atmosphere. The brisket, mac and cheese and corn bread are awesome. The cole slaw was about the best I've had too. Service was phenomenal. Server explained the menu and gave recommendations. She was very accomodating for our toddler too.Special Features:
- Great BBQDr111VIPDined on 8/16/2014What a great find. Best BBQ in PHX. Had the ribs and they were fantastic. Service was great. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best BBQBBQfan2014Dined on 8/15/2014Service is great and food is delicious. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ! Great Service!PamBDined on 8/14/2014Went there with a big group from out of town training class. The service was great. And, the BBQ was great. Had the baby back ribs. Fall off the bone good.Special Features:
- Delish as alwayssmkarizonaVIPDined on 8/11/2014Never disappointed with a meal at Bobby Q's. The servers are all friendly and I can't remember a meal where the manager hasn't stopped by as well to make sure we're happy. This is the service I like and appreciate. Now, bring on the donuts!!!Special Features:
- BobbiliciousBruceCTDined on 8/10/2014Tender meat and great sides. Some BBQ foodies may want it hotter but I liked it all . reasonable prices and great serviseSpecial Features:
- Great BarbequechuckmokaDined on 8/10/2014Dry aged steaks, smoked/roasted chicken and amazing ribs, sausage and brisket. Bobby Q's has it down perfect. Have been going since they opened and have never been disappointed. Want Flintstones sized beef ribs? They have them!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!carlonrt66Dined on 8/9/2014This place clearly has the best BBQ in Phoenix. The brisket was moist and tender, the ribs fell off the bone, and the macaroni and cheese was out of this world tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOLY SERVICE!wendywendyDined on 8/9/2014The food was really good (a bit overpriced) but holy cow the service! I have never had too much service in my life before this meal. I went with a group of friends I had not seen in a while, and we really couldn't get a conversation going! every time we would start talking again (after being interrupted again and again asking how we were doing) she would come back and interrupt us while we were speaking to ask if we were ok. It started to really irritate me and my guests and to top it all off only seconds after being interrupted by the waitress we were interrupted again by the MANAGER! TOO MUCH BOTHERING GUESTS IS NO GOOD! The server & manager interrupted us at least 15 times during the 2 hours we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The barbeque brisket and meats are great. Macaroni is good, other items so so. Our waiter was very nice, but he kept forgetting things and he had drooped our drinks. I think he was new. It was a little hot and i think a night club was going on because the music was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like barbecue......WinstonVIPDined on 8/8/2014Bobby Q is definitely a good barbecue spot in Phoenix. Don't expect to lose weight at this restaurant nor get a good selection of vegetables. However, for good ribs and mac n cheese, then you have come to right spot. Friendly people.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!AmazingDined on 8/8/2014Hands down by far, the BEST food and service we've had in years! This place is a MUST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good comfort food...RibeyeexpertDined on 8/3/2014We're not new to B-Qs and this place remains our top choice for steak and ribs. I love the macncheese...kids love the burgers. Nice place to be for a casual nite out or dressed up for a special event. Husband orders his ribeye cooked medium but charred on the outside and he says he hasn't been let down yet! Good portions leave enough for lunch the next day and the cinnamon donuts at the end are worth saving room for! I love bringing out of towners to this place to show off how Phoenix does BBQ!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday partypatriciaDined on 8/3/2014We were a party of 9 for my husband's 61st birthday. We had the most fantastic time with our grandkids, our neighbors, and our children. My husband said it was his best birthday in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ at its finest!OctobermumDined on 8/2/2014This place is amazing! It is hard to believe that a place with BBQ this good is located near downtown Phoenix. It's definitely a must try for AZ residents as well as people who are visiting from out of town. Be sure to order the Whole Hog Heaven... you won't be disappointed! The portion sizes are unbelievable and the service.. oh the service... I cannot remember the last time I have been to a restaurant that had the whole package.. delicious food, amazing service... just an all around great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Finally!newtophoenixDined on 8/2/2014Since moving to Phx we have been searching for a good BBQ restaurant & finally found one. Bobby Q is rather hidden away on a frontage road, but worth the effort to locate. It's a large, busy place with really good baby back ribs (also have St. Louis style, etc.) & we enjoyed the sides (we chose coleslaw and roasted corn) as well. Portions are generous, there is a full bar and menu includes choices for non carnivores. Service very attentive & pleasant. We read of this restaurant because they won a top slot in 'best bbq in the country.'Special Features:
- medicroMoooDined on 8/1/2014The food was decent and the service was fast. The servers weren't rude or disrespectful BUT I felt like I was on an assembly line. If it wasn't for the lack of customer service this would've been a perfect 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best BBQ I've hadlouisDined on 8/1/2014First time here and was craving BBQ, so I looked up what was in the area. This place is no joke. The service was absolutely wonderful and the food was even better. We had a young waitress, which usually means a lot of inexperience, but she was on point; able to answer anything thrown at her as a first-time customer, perfectly attentive, friendly and made us feel very welcomed. Overhearing some of the other tables, they had similar service. My wife who isn't a big BBQ fan loved the food and said she would love to come back again. Win and win. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- NursesmallNursesmallDined on 7/27/2014Bobby Q's did a great job accommodating our large party size. We were seated immediately upon arrival. The staff was both friendly and helpful. Our party was very happy with the variety of food options that were on the menu. The food seemed to arrive faster than we expected. The corn bread at the table was a hit for all our family members. Our party ordered two appetizers before dinner, and each one was devoured in minutes. The large portions of each menu item allowed many of our family members to take the extra food home. Our lunch time was at 11:30 am. I would recommend having reservations at this quieter time at this restaurant. I will encourage my friends and relatives to visit Bobby Q's for a great dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Staff. Except,reservationsTroyHDined on 7/26/2014The staff at this place seam to know how to treat a guest right, my reservation was at, 8:00PM. But I did not get a table until about 5 after, not to bad, but the two people that where in front of us, that di not have a reservation did get a table right away, and should not have, until we were seated first ! We Had the, Whole Hog Dinner for two. Everything was cooked very well, and served quickly, the server was good, but could have paid more attention to refilling our drinks, and table side plate removal. ( Could have been a little more attentive to our table).Special Features:
- Great BBQ!Dmjohnson82VIPDined on 7/26/2014Best BBQ in phoenix! Definitely will go back. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.