8501 N 27th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051-4063Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyq.net/
- Phone: (602) 995-5982
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Mark Hittle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service Catering Department.
Takeout and Delivery also available!
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
- Private Party Contact: Laura Hogan 6029955982x
- Entertainment: TV's in the bar and patio area for sports viewing.
A word from Bobby Q
The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Bobby Q - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Bobby Q reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (75)fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (53)great for lunch (39)hot spot (36)special occasion (36)kid-friendly (36)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (14)romantic (10)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best BBQ in the valley!!!drmattypDined on 11/25/2014For starters the Sangria is fantastic and q-rolls are a must with corn bread as an appetizer. If you'd like to sample the meats do either a 2 to 3 meat combo and get mac and cheese as a side. The pulled pork, beef brisket, and pulled chicken are flavorful meats! Love this place! Recommend using open table day before for reservations if you plan on going on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBeVbevDined on 11/22/2014Itv was my husbands birthday and I wanted a restaurant with good bar b que so I did some internet research and found all the rave revues about Bobby Q so decided to give them a try. We were not disappointed. Service was amazing, there was nothing that could have been done better. The food arrived promptly and did not disappoint even the sides were great. Everything has been taken into consideration. This is a well managed restaurant and judging by the crowds they are reaping the rewards so make a reservation. You won't be disappointed . We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQdjmrgDined on 11/16/2014This was a great spot for three of us to dine and catch up. Great food, service and able to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobby QOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 11/15/2014Very disappointing given the excellent rating on Trip Advisor. We have eaten ribs all over America. These were terrible. Tasted like they had been boiled before being smoked. Beans and slaw were equally mediocre. Whoever rated this place well has obviously never had good BBQ.
- Disappointing EveningAZDinerDined on 11/15/2014Have eaten here many times and enjoyed the food. A relative treated my husband to a steak dinner for his birthday. I specifically noted it was a birthday when I made the reservation. There was NO acknowledge yet both tables next to us had birthdays which were acknowledged and with dessert... very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RynoDined on 11/13/2014Food was fantastic, service exceptional, Atmosphere perfect. It was a little chilly inside and my wife was uncomfortable because of that but overall. Top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itJoanVIPDined on 11/13/2014Even though I normally don't go for BBQ, both the meats and the sides here are to my liking. I will not come to Phoenix without stopping here for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyDined on 11/11/2014Amazing food and service! If yuo enjoy BBQ thisis a must go tp place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and super servicescottandnesiDined on 11/8/2014went on a Saturday night very busy but still got us in on time wait staff went out of there way to make our dinner very special we were a party of 4 and all of our meals were great will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOBBY Q'S RIB FESTJIMBLOSKIDined on 10/24/2014Real simple! I only have the ribs-(baby back) when I come here and they are terrific; moist, fall off the bone, lean, plentiful. The wait staff is always courteous and efficient; never a complaint with them. The restaurant 'ambiance' is fun rustic but tastefully done. All in all a great place to go have ribs and stuff yourself into nirvana. Perhaps a little pricey, but then as they say, you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood foodRsadow123Dined on 10/23/2014It's been a long time since my wife and I have been here. It was under a different name years back. I believe the food has gotten better from what I remember. Good quality food. Very good service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So ridiculously goodTonifromSierraVistaDined on 10/19/2014We live in Sierra Vista. EVERY time we come to Phoenix we have to go to BobbyQ. Wait staff is prompt & efficient and the food is CRAZY delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it love it love it!!NancybbcDined on 10/18/2014This is our favorite barbeque joint in Phoenix. The meats are incredibly fork-tender, the ribs fall off the bone, the cornbread starter is yummy, I could go on and on. The brisket, pulled pork, rotisserie chicken, is is all good. The burger is THE best in town (Smokehouse Burger)...it is SO hard to choose once we get here. The fun-looking outside is not really a precursor to what you see once you get inside. It is almost a fine-dining experience...nice cloth napkins (yeah, in a BBQ place!), flowers on the tables, dark, refined lighting and very friendly staff. We have never been there when the manager has not come by to make sure everything was all right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May I have some moremishelly1986Dined on 10/18/2014So even though this place is located 2.5 hours from where I live, I ate there twice in one week. I first visited with my mom and knew I had to bring my husband up to eat here. The food was fantastic - I would definitely recommend the Q-rolls - and reasonably priced. It is suitable for children as well as it's not too loud but not super quiet either. The atmosphere reminded me of Disneyland. 5 stars all around.Special Features:
- very underwelmingMandKfromKCDined on 10/16/2014Took my wife here for our vacation and I can say that we will not be back if we come to phoenix again. We First off we had to ask for a different table because a pack of teenage girls were attempting to scream along with the live music to the point my wife and I could not even carry on a conversation. Then we waited for 50 min after we ordered for our food. The waitress was over worked trying to take care of to many tables so we ran out of drinks for about 20 min. When the food finally arrived my steak was tough and my wife's steak was ordered medium well and it was blackened on the outside and medium rare dry on the inside. And last the jalapeño bacon Mac and cheese that I paid six dollars extra for as a side was runny and flavorless.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014All three of us had the Camp Verde salad (I think that was the name). We had the lunch portion and we all thought we just paid for lettuce as there was very little meat in the salad.
- Best BBQ/Smokehouse!cpltantoDined on 10/12/2014Great place....food is amazing and well priced! Server was super pleasantSpecial Features:
- Dinner SceneBBQfinaticDined on 10/12/2014Used 'Open Table' by making reservations 45 minutes ahead of time, once arriving at the restaurant hostess sat us within 10 minutes, much sooner then those who had walked in and placed on wait list. Waitress was well informed, knew the specials and made good recommendations. I would dine here again without worry.Special Features:
- As usual, great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We dine at Bobby Q's about three times a year and it's always high quality. Great service, amazing barbecue and delicious sides and desserts. And if you split a meal and a dessert with your significant other, it's more affordable than you would ever imagine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You want great BBQ in Phoenix?FrankieDined on 10/7/2014Been to Bobby-Q's numerous times and it's some of the best BBQ you will ever have. And this is coming from someone who has family in Kansas City! Service is top notch and the vibe of the restaurant is relaxed yet the décor is more upscale. Is a great combination. Take your friends and family and go!Special Features:
- Great nightlovebbqDined on 10/5/2014We had great service by everyone that works there...wonderful team effort to keep us happy. The food was awesome and we got huge amounts of food that we had to take home. I would suggest more fresh parmesan cheese on the Caesar salad please! Amazing birthday ice cream pie dessert!Special Features:
- Best RibsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014This was a great casual vibe and the ribs were plentiful and extremely good. I was travelling with a group of men and all of them rolled out of the restaurant due to the amount of food. One of the highlights of our dining experiences while in the USSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best RibsMikeVIPDined on 9/23/2014WOW! The other reviews online are correct. These are the best baby back ribs that I have ever had. The brisket is amazing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!SusanWDined on 9/20/2014I've lived in Phoenix for 18 years & had never been here until last weekend. I've driven by it hundreds of times and I never had any desire to go until my brother-in-law went for lunch one day. He wouldn't stop raving about it. With our Open Table reservation, we waited less than 5 minutes on a pretty busy Saturday night. The food was fantastic, real southern style BBQ, and a variety of comfort foods. We ordered: Sirloin, 3 meat combo (split), and the kids ribs w/ fries. Sides of pecan cole slaw and Mac & cheese, both excellent. The biggest surprise was the building-it's really cool! Inside and out, it's an eclectic mix of old and new, rustic and refined; like a ride at Disneyland -- very well done. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Looks corporate, eats better!EdMuldoonVIPDined on 9/16/2014We're on the road when we eat here (i.e., the company is paying), so we could easily go to more high-end places, but we keep coming back here! The combo platters are definitely not helping America's obesity problem, but they are a treat. The BBQ sauce is as good as any we've tried and there are a few varieties, so sampling/sharing is a lot of fun. Tons of good beers to accompany and friendly (as well as cute) waitresses. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014AS BBQ GOES WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. BRISKET WAS WAY WAY OVER COOKED WAS JUST A PILE OF MUSH. PULLED PORK WAS FLAVORLESS. THE ST LOUIS RIBS WERE ALSO WAY OVER COOKED. THEIR "CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE WAS A JOKE. ABSOLUTE HORRIBLE FLAVOR AND IN NO WAY REPRESENTS A TRUE CAROLINA SAUCE (ABSOLUTLY NO VINEGAR) WHICH BRINGS ME TO THE REALIZATION THAT THERE IS NO DECENT BBQ JOINTS IN PHOENIX. THE ONLY ENJOYABLE PART WAS THE BEGINNING( CORNBREAD) AND THE END ( SUGAR DONUTS)
- great foodTjnurse93Dined on 9/12/2014food was great as it usually is when we go. Music was so loud we had to 'holler' across the table to be heard. Left quickly due to this, instead of having dessert. had online reservation and seated promptly upon arrivalSpecial Features:
- Bar Bee Cue HeavenAndrewHDined on 9/11/2014Smokehouse Barbeque heaven awaits at Bobby Q! Its not a great location but you hit this place for the amazing smokehouse barbeque food. The ambience is good and service is attentive. Take a few friends and enjoy a night of ribs and dips or the amazing pulled pork. Overall,.... highly recommended. :-)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Extremely good service and hosts who check throughout the meal that everything is all right. Might be a good idea to train waitress a bit more on the items from the bar. Either that or have someone more knowledgeable handle the bar options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014We took friends for their first time visit as we have said it is the best BBQ in the Phoenix area. After the experience, they agreed. Food was great, so was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Great food will be back very soon. Liked the rustic vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome....JamieDined on 8/31/2014Bobby Q's has the best Bar B Que in town. We have searched high and low and have finally found our place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a little deaf . . .BBQFiendDined on 8/30/2014So I always struggle in conversation at Bobby Q's; the ambient room volume is busy and constant. That said, the food was excellent, as always, and our server was the best, so it always makes up for it. Everybody is fun and friendly. I had had her before and I use all her recommendations. I brought two newbies with me, one of whom was convinced that Phoenix did not have a decent b-b-q joint. He loved it. Next morning he texted me that the leftovers were great for breakfast too. My guests both loved the banana pudding pie. A quieter room or a meeting room would make the experience perfect.Special Features:
- Good food, good times, good friendsOMG2Dined on 8/27/2014Great place for having friends, family and co-workers. Lots of energy, spacing is good, adequate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE Boby Q's!CarolinaGirlDined on 8/26/2014The best BBQ in town! Awesome food, ambiance and service! Add this to your list of places to try so you don't miss you! (I've been in Phoenix for two weeks and have been 3 times!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingJboyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Antique storm shutters, silver place setting lamps, & castle doors from Prescott are just a couple of the details that make up the ambiance. Food is why you come though, and portions are generous and the BBQ is top notch. The ribs could be served as a desert as they are succulent and delicate to the touch. The smoked prime rib is to die for, with a salt and pepper rub on the outside and smoke on the inside. The complimentary corn bread may have been the star of the show, if I didn't so love my side of mac-a-cheese and smoked corn off the cob. Sauces were amazing but really an after thought due to the flavor in every bite. When I think BBQ I typically think local dive, but why? Bobby Qs makes BBQ fine dining and I was amazed at the results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedCastonDined on 8/22/2014The service was phenomenal, the food was fantastic, we did have to wait a little longer than our reservation time but only by about 15 minutes. The staff was very apologetic about that. Overall, we had an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Be back soonDiscerningDinerDined on 8/22/2014We will be back soon! Great food. Terrific service. The server and manager both interacted with us and our kids and made us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best smoked prime rib EVER!!HappydinerDined on 8/17/2014That says it all. The smoked prime rib was the BEST I have ever had. Great flavor, tender, and moist. It was PERFECTION!Special Features:
- Great place to eatBetterBBQDined on 8/16/2014Whether you like BBQ, Steaks, or Chicken; there's something on the menu. Good food, good service, reasonable prices! Recommend dining for 2 or a group of people. They can meet your needs.Special Features: