8501 N 27th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051-4063Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyq.net/
- Phone: 6029955982x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Monday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Mark Hittle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service Catering Department.
Takeout and Delivery also available!
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
- Private Party Contact: Laura Hogan 6029955982x
- Entertainment: TV's in the bar and patio area for sports viewing.
A word from Bobby Q
The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Bobby Q - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Bobby Q reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (54)fit for foodies (53)great for lunch (46)kid-friendly (41)hot spot (28)great for outdoor dining (27)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (15)romantic (14)late-night find (10)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Best smoked prime rib EVER!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014That says it all. The smoked prime rib was the BEST I have ever had. Great flavor, tender, and moist. It was PERFECTION!Special Features:
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Whether you like BBQ, Steaks, or Chicken; there's something on the menu. Good food, good service, reasonable prices! Recommend dining for 2 or a group of people. They can meet your needs.Special Features:
- Will recommend to everyonegreatfoodDined on 8/16/2014Good idea to make reservations, service was outstanding,food wonderful,Special Features:
- Good Food Lousy ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed our evening out as a family. Daughter in from College - she liked the pulled pork and my wife enjoyed the prime rib. I had the BBQ baby backs and they fell off the bone - maybe a little too much as I couldn't pick them up to eat them - had to use a knife and fork. Service was lousy - girl was incompetent as she was always confused when she came by the table. Then when clearing the table - which she did in a 15 minute period clearing one person at a time though we were all done - she spilled the contents of one plate on me. Go for the food - be tolerant of the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always goodannieDined on 8/16/2014However it came before our water and drinks. An extra side appeared at the table that we did not order. We had to ask to have it removed from the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Semi-hidden gemNCentralPhxfoodieDined on 8/16/2014Great bbq! And good barbeque is hard to find in Phoenix. Really nice atmosphere. The brisket, mac and cheese and corn bread are awesome. The cole slaw was about the best I've had too. Service was phenomenal. Server explained the menu and gave recommendations. She was very accomodating for our toddler too.Special Features:
- Great BBQDr111Dined on 8/16/2014What a great find. Best BBQ in PHX. Had the ribs and they were fantastic. Service was great. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best BBQBBQfan2014Dined on 8/15/2014Service is great and food is delicious. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ! Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Went there with a big group from out of town training class. The service was great. And, the BBQ was great. Had the baby back ribs. Fall off the bone good.Special Features:
- Delish as alwayssmkarizonaVIPDined on 8/11/2014Never disappointed with a meal at Bobby Q's. The servers are all friendly and I can't remember a meal where the manager hasn't stopped by as well to make sure we're happy. This is the service I like and appreciate. Now, bring on the donuts!!!Special Features:
- BobbiliciousBruceCTDined on 8/10/2014Tender meat and great sides. Some BBQ foodies may want it hotter but I liked it all . reasonable prices and great serviseSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!carlonrt66Dined on 8/9/2014This place clearly has the best BBQ in Phoenix. The brisket was moist and tender, the ribs fell off the bone, and the macaroni and cheese was out of this world tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOLY SERVICE!wendywendyDined on 8/9/2014The food was really good (a bit overpriced) but holy cow the service! I have never had too much service in my life before this meal. I went with a group of friends I had not seen in a while, and we really couldn't get a conversation going! every time we would start talking again (after being interrupted again and again asking how we were doing) she would come back and interrupt us while we were speaking to ask if we were ok. It started to really irritate me and my guests and to top it all off only seconds after being interrupted by the waitress we were interrupted again by the MANAGER! TOO MUCH BOTHERING GUESTS IS NO GOOD! The server & manager interrupted us at least 15 times during the 2 hours we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The barbeque brisket and meats are great. Macaroni is good, other items so so. Our waiter was very nice, but he kept forgetting things and he had drooped our drinks. I think he was new. It was a little hot and i think a night club was going on because the music was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like barbecue......WinstonVIPDined on 8/8/2014Bobby Q is definitely a good barbecue spot in Phoenix. Don't expect to lose weight at this restaurant nor get a good selection of vegetables. However, for good ribs and mac n cheese, then you have come to right spot. Friendly people.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!AmazingDined on 8/8/2014Hands down by far, the BEST food and service we've had in years! This place is a MUST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good comfort food...RibeyeexpertDined on 8/3/2014We're not new to B-Qs and this place remains our top choice for steak and ribs. I love the macncheese...kids love the burgers. Nice place to be for a casual nite out or dressed up for a special event. Husband orders his ribeye cooked medium but charred on the outside and he says he hasn't been let down yet! Good portions leave enough for lunch the next day and the cinnamon donuts at the end are worth saving room for! I love bringing out of towners to this place to show off how Phoenix does BBQ!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday partypatriciaDined on 8/3/2014We were a party of 9 for my husband's 61st birthday. We had the most fantastic time with our grandkids, our neighbors, and our children. My husband said it was his best birthday in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ at its finest!OctobermumDined on 8/2/2014This place is amazing! It is hard to believe that a place with BBQ this good is located near downtown Phoenix. It's definitely a must try for AZ residents as well as people who are visiting from out of town. Be sure to order the Whole Hog Heaven... you won't be disappointed! The portion sizes are unbelievable and the service.. oh the service... I cannot remember the last time I have been to a restaurant that had the whole package.. delicious food, amazing service... just an all around great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Finally!newtophoenixDined on 8/2/2014Since moving to Phx we have been searching for a good BBQ restaurant & finally found one. Bobby Q is rather hidden away on a frontage road, but worth the effort to locate. It's a large, busy place with really good baby back ribs (also have St. Louis style, etc.) & we enjoyed the sides (we chose coleslaw and roasted corn) as well. Portions are generous, there is a full bar and menu includes choices for non carnivores. Service very attentive & pleasant. We read of this restaurant because they won a top slot in 'best bbq in the country.'Special Features:
- medicroMoooDined on 8/1/2014The food was decent and the service was fast. The servers weren't rude or disrespectful BUT I felt like I was on an assembly line. If it wasn't for the lack of customer service this would've been a perfect 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best BBQ I've hadlouisDined on 8/1/2014First time here and was craving BBQ, so I looked up what was in the area. This place is no joke. The service was absolutely wonderful and the food was even better. We had a young waitress, which usually means a lot of inexperience, but she was on point; able to answer anything thrown at her as a first-time customer, perfectly attentive, friendly and made us feel very welcomed. Overhearing some of the other tables, they had similar service. My wife who isn't a big BBQ fan loved the food and said she would love to come back again. Win and win. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- NursesmallNursesmallDined on 7/27/2014Bobby Q's did a great job accommodating our large party size. We were seated immediately upon arrival. The staff was both friendly and helpful. Our party was very happy with the variety of food options that were on the menu. The food seemed to arrive faster than we expected. The corn bread at the table was a hit for all our family members. Our party ordered two appetizers before dinner, and each one was devoured in minutes. The large portions of each menu item allowed many of our family members to take the extra food home. Our lunch time was at 11:30 am. I would recommend having reservations at this quieter time at this restaurant. I will encourage my friends and relatives to visit Bobby Q's for a great dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Staff. Except,reservationsTroyHDined on 7/26/2014The staff at this place seam to know how to treat a guest right, my reservation was at, 8:00PM. But I did not get a table until about 5 after, not to bad, but the two people that where in front of us, that di not have a reservation did get a table right away, and should not have, until we were seated first ! We Had the, Whole Hog Dinner for two. Everything was cooked very well, and served quickly, the server was good, but could have paid more attention to refilling our drinks, and table side plate removal. ( Could have been a little more attentive to our table).Special Features:
- Great BBQ!Dmjohnson82VIPDined on 7/26/2014Best BBQ in phoenix! Definitely will go back. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meallwaringDined on 7/25/2014Everything is good here. Manager always comes by to check on us. And we never leave without a small bag of those yummy donuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Good place for lunchCYB3RC4TDined on 7/25/2014Excellent service! Door was a bit hard to find! Good service was very attentive, will definitely come back! Country atmosphere with fantastic country food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we were expectingjustplainfolkDined on 7/14/2014Quite disappointed. The atmosphere is "basic bar". No drink menu was offered so we could only choose beverages from the food menu; however, the sangria was delicious! We were offered only 1 piece of their famous cornbread each - not unlimited like other reviewers had suggested. Had to send my prime rib back as it was too rare. Good service - manager checked with me after to see if the prime rib was better (it was) but the food was nothing terrific - maybe my spouse and I are just spoiled by Alberta beef. It was noisy and we felt rushed by staff throughout our meal. In addition, when I booked the reservation I specifically stated that it was for a birthday - but there was no acknowledgement made. Will not go back - just average.Special Features:
- Best BBQ in town!MrJoshuaDined on 7/13/2014The food here is always excellent, especially the meat. The baby back ribs are easily the best in the valley. I recently had the prime rib which was perfectly cooked. The onion brick is really good with a little "kick". The service has always been good. When we have visitors who like BBQ, this is where we take them and they always love the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tablefor4Dined on 7/5/2014We booked a reservation and we were seated immediately. Our waitress was great and food was excellent. Would highly recommend the Jumbo Baked Potato with all the fixings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014Great Food. I recommend it to other people all the time.Special Features:
- Wild Wild WestBosqueDevaDined on 6/28/2014Eating the food here is truly an experience not to be missed. From reserving on Open Table to finishing the dessert you will love it! Our table for 5 was ready within 5 minutes. The food was great (ribs and onion rings) and the service was top notch. If you're in Phoenix and have a few days to chose multiple restaurants- add this to your list for the whole family. There are even vegetarian options.Special Features:
- PatriciaDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant provides consistently great food and service and large portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014I have eaten here a few times and each time the food and service has been great. Highly recommend the Fried Chicken, Beef Ribs and Smoasted Chicken. I do not eat Pork, but I would bet, based on the Beef Ribs, that they are very good.Special Features:
- Great food!LovebbqDined on 6/27/2014Food was great. The noise level was high which made it difficult to carry on a conversation. Service was quick to get the food out to us. Highly recommend reservations if going on a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a group of 18 and were seated in a private room which was perfect but the room was very hot. Each meal came out quick and perfectly cooked. All in all, and enjoyable experience.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014We were told this was the best bbq in Phoenix and they were right. While our waitress was clearly young, she was super attentive and accommodating. We went with our two kids and the moment the fantastic cornbread arrived, it was quiet at our table. The portions are typical bbq place huge and you want to eat everything on the plate. I especially loved the "smoasted" chicken.Special Features:
- Great BBQ!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014The service was outstanding! The food was outstanding! I had the rotisserie chicken and my husband had the 3 meats (ribs and brisket) plate. Everything had great flavor! I loved the Carolina bbq sauce, yummy! My salad was even great! Most definitely will come back. I want to try the ribs! Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQdrmattypDined on 6/21/2014Love BBQ and have been all over the US to try it. This joint has some of the best brisket. Pulled pork was great and so was pulled chicken. Best side was the Mac and Cheese. Raspberry Sangrias were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-Time DinersMissEmkayDined on 6/19/2014We spotted the sign from the freeway driving around town. Later in the day it sounded good, so we made our way back to Bobby Q. We were greeted and seated right away. Service was wonderful. Our glasses were never empty. Food came out quickly and the portions were great. I would use open table again and definitely Bobby Q. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.