Boathouse Horseshoe Bay
6695 Nelson Avenue
West Vancouver, BC V7W 2B2Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse Horseshoe Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: 6049218188x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse Horseshoe Bay
We are situated right on the edge of the water in beautiful Horseshoe Bay. Our view is very west coast and compliments our menu well. We are proud to present an extensive selection of great recipes, wines, and unique cocktails to provide you with an amazing west coast dining experience. Join us in our relaxed, casual atmosphere - come as you are.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Boathouse Horseshoe Bay - Best Restaurants in West Vancouver ›
Boathouse Horseshoe Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (99)special occasion (59)great for outdoor dining (53)great for lunch (51)great for brunch (50)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (33)fit for foodies (18)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (14)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- SeafoodLoverVIPDined on 8/27/2014Halibut and Chips were good except for the Chips. You shouldnt take the words "chips" literally by using the dried out ends of potatoes. As usual, the view was glorious and service fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014This is an outstanding Boathouse in Horseshoe Bay. Terrific setting, great service and quality food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not a morsel left...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We arrived near the end of Appy hour and tried 3 of the dishes - all delicious - especially the halibut with miso. Our meals, cocoanut cod and the curry bowls were just as good and generous portions as well. We share 2 desserts between 4 to finish off. Our corner of the deck was lovely, overlooking the arbutus grove on the little islet and watching the herons put on a show. A great place to have a casual meal or celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for the AmbienceWansharpDined on 8/24/2014We normally go to Boathouse in New Westminster, so we are familiar with their menu. However, we found, although our server was polite & courteous, the eye for detail lacked including the menu. Our coffees arrived, mine was obviously spilled, but instead of using a new cup or wiping if off the sides, still given as is. Food was not hot, poached eggs were overdone. Although I'm not one to complain to the server, I have had better experiences elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grea experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014My wife and I have been to the Boathouse numerous times. Admittedly, we have had a few misses, but overall it is a great place, especially for that special eveing. In this case, it was our 19th anniversary, so the staff was kind enough to get a window table ready. Half the attraction of the Boathouse at Horshoe Bay is the view. Our waiter Mike was absolutely perfect. Not too much in our face, but seemingly always there when needed. He was willing (not all waiters are) to tell my wife 'not my favorite' when she asked, and what he recommended was perfect for her. Our meals came too early after appies, quickly returned, but other than that, everything went very well. Mike even brought us a small piece of cake with a sparkler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Requests in reservation not doneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014I had requested a window table and stated that it was my mothers 80th birthday when I made the reservation through opentable. Didn't get a window seat and no acknowledgement of her bday. Food was good but quite frankly overpriced. Just disappointed.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchMamabearDined on 8/17/2014Love the location and meet friends there often. Good food and great view. Love the Seafood Chowder and the Spicy Shrimp appies.Special Features:
- Good locationDoubleBookingDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed the lunch with the food, staff and view. Parking is a problem as it is in short supply You should be aware that our reservation proved to be double booked. Although it was suggested that one party had already booked (on the internet) they could not find it when the second person asked to check on it. There was space for us but could be a problem in busier times.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Usually come to the Boathouse for special occasions and when we have guests. Love it.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Our server was excellent, attentive and we really liked her...she remembered us from 6 months ago. My miso scallops were divine and my husband enjoyed his king crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to expectationsLonggone2Dined on 8/3/2014Had eaten there once before and found this time the food was presented cold, and obviously prepared in advance. We ordered similar dishes to those on our first visit and they were nowhere near as flavourful or tasty. Will not be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- DisappointingSkyeDined on 8/2/2014We have gone to the boathouse for decades for special family dinners, but this time around we left with a bad taste in our mouth. Slow and poor service, and not up to the usual standards. Food was over cooked, but cold. And is it me or are the portions tinier each time, and the prices getting higher. I think it's time for a new family favorite.Special Features:
- Beautiful dinner by the seajeffandlaraDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed an early dinner on a Saturday evening sitting at a table by the window looking out onto picturesque Horseshoe Bay. Looking forward to going back soon. Food was delicious and drinks were very enjoyable. Parked right in front of restaurant in a free 2 hour spot that was perfect timing for our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a view2morrowDined on 7/31/2014We just had a very enjoyable lunch at the Boathouse in Horseshoe Bay. The scenery was amazing and the service was excellent. We had the seafood salad which was good but had too much dressing on it so kind of soggy greens but others enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Very good service, good food......great Birthday dinner !Special Features:
- Yummy but Ouch!Jazz20Dined on 7/25/2014Great food. Sit inside for evening dinner to avoid mosquito bites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location and great foodDorisDined on 7/25/2014We were seated by the window with a view of the surrounding bay - just gorgeous! The staff were very friendly and attentive - they went out of their way to make you feel special. The food was great too.Special Features:
- ConsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I take visiters there often because it meets everyones taste but with a variety of items to choose from and most importantly is there food is consistently great. So I know when I go there it will be a successful evening.Special Features:
- Best choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2014Great place for a family event - four generations all together to celebrate a special birthday - great food, excellent service, and a view that can't be beat!Special Features:
- Dinner Horseshoe Bay BoathouseKenMuirDinnerDined on 7/17/2014Food was great. I enjoyed the View. Not too noisy. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentZumbanistaVIPDined on 7/16/2014Hadn't been to the Horsehoe Bay Boathouse in about 15 years. The interior was nicely updated and you can't beat the view. Service was slightly slow though the place wasn't very full. The drinks menu was out of date and the bar had run out of draught Wheat Beer. The dinner menu was skewed a bit too Asian for our tastes and seemed out of the '90's. Having said that, our server was pleasant and our dinners were good: prawns in cream sauce with rice (plating could have been more appetizing) and beef street tacos (just a shade too hot, tho I like spicy food). Decent restaurant, could up the food and service to knock it out of the park in a terrific scenic location.Special Features:
- No Hail to Caesar!love2eatDined on 7/15/2014The food was not very good. And my Caesar salad came without anything but lettuce!Special Features:
- Outstanding food and servicetrioofgalsDined on 7/13/2014Our server, Mackenzie could not have been any better. Friendly, informative, polite, prompt, funny, and knowledgable. The food was absolutely delicious. The manager came to each table that I observed to say a word or two to the diners. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary RegularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary in the same place we always do - the Horseshoe Bay Boathouse. Love sitting over the water, looking out towards the mountains, the fresh air with the fresh seafood and great drinks patio side.Special Features:
- Most Enjoyablewinston2Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent - location, quality of food, ambiance and service - thoroughly enjoyed by the four friends from North Vancouver, Surrey, Langley and Winnipeg. Relaxed atmosphere - all glad we had chosen this specific Boathouse (in Horseshoe Bay) for our Lunch.Special Features:
- Family night outClydeonthesideDined on 7/3/2014Went out to celebrate end of school year start of summer, and the evening was beautiful in horshoe bay. Menu was appetizing and varied. Lots of choices for my teens. Everyone enjoyed the meal, and the wait staff helped make it happen, by being there but not intrusive. Not inexpensive, but great for a summer night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Coast dining with a viewregalbeagleDined on 7/1/2014Other than The Boathouse having no record of our on-line reservation (which I brought along as a printed copy) our evening was fabulous. We took visitors from Australia here to enjoy the Horseshoe Bay view and the West Coast dining menu. Our guests both ordered the crab & asparagus topped steak and were totally delighted with everything, including their request for a medium cooked steak. My husband ordered the seafood pasta dish which he said was outstanding. I had the cedar-plank salmon special which was perfectly cooked. The citrus salad &roasted veggies a very nice addition. Very good service; cheerful & attentive waiter. Manager was very courteous in sorting out the reservation situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieDined on 7/1/2014While the restaurant provided a good dinng expxerience, the shortage f parking presents a major problem.Special Features:
- Etiquette ReminderOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Wait staff should be reminded that it is rude to start to take away dishes if not everyone in the party has finished their meal. It makes the people who have not finished eating feel like they are being rushed. We had a party of eight and there were still 3 people with food on their plate and the waiter wanted to start clearing dishes until I told him to wait to clear the dishes once everyone had finished their meal.Special Features:
- TheDDined on 6/29/2014We had my 94 year old mother with me. They we're very willing to 'mix 'n match' the menu to accommodate her needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic Horseshoe BayJoyceVIPDined on 6/18/2014The location & view of the ferries & marina are just wonderful. The service has always been spotty , because of the rapid turn-over of staff, but being able to book on Open Table means you don't have to fight with trying to make a reservation by phone. The food is usually good although more chain-restaurant than the prices would suggest , the steaks were excellent , I was not impressed by the very small helping of mashed potato ( for the 6oz. filet steak that it was meant to accompany! ) We didn't have dessert because they have discontinued the bread pudding ! We continue to go back because of the view....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingLarryandLizDined on 6/15/2014We've been here before but our meal was a bit disappointing today (especially the hair in the omelette) and the service was a bit slow. The Manager was very apologetic and an adjustment was made to our bill. I think it was just an off day and we hope to return again in the future.Special Features:
- BobOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014The best food in Vancouver and the nice place to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedEricDined on 6/7/2014Took my date here for her birthday. It was her first time and she was thrilled. We had a wonderful young lady take care of us . We had a wonderful dinner. Our stakes were perfection and she loved looking out the window at the water and mountains. This is as good as it gets. I will always go early to sit by a window. Thanks for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodStephenDined on 6/6/2014A repeat diner for this location, and yes I would definitely go back again. We moved off the North Shore recently, and even with the added distance in driving for us now, it's always worth it. Food is delicious, service is good, and the view is spectacular (when clear). Restaurant should do more to faciltate parking for customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A faveBigAlDined on 6/6/2014We really enjoy the Horseshoe Bay Boathouse. The setting is great, overlooking the marina and ferry terminal and on to the North Shore mountains. Food was done to perfection, servers were friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. And we live less than 10 minutes drive from here. Lucky us.Special Features:
- Fabulous Experience & FoodkjnsmDined on 6/6/2014Had a wonderful experience! Staff was amazing, every knowledgable about both beverages and food. We had an asortment of seafood. The view of Horseshoe Bay from the patio is spectacular! Overall a great place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueStevejaquiDined on 6/2/2014Went after my sons university graduation on the early bird menu. All 5 of us sat outside got our waters then when we requested the early bird menu we were told we couldn't have that deal outside we were moved inside which was fine but the place was very quiet and it wouldn't have killed them to leave us there!! The food was good value great view, we usually find it expensive and don't go very often even though we live in horseshoe bay,I wish they would do a horseshoe bay residents deal at certain times if they did we would go more often as we would just walk over because a lot of the time they are very quiet and some customers are better than none!Special Features:
- Birthday celebration for 2jcolby7777Dined on 5/24/2014The Boathouse in Horseshoe Bay is an old family favorite where we can expect the food & service to be excellent, plus you have the view of the marina, ferry terminal and the Bay. We both selected the Mixed Seafood Grill, accompanied by an Italian Pinot Grigio. Excellent! Our server, Stephanie, was a delight! Very knowledgeable & attentive. We were celebrating my birthday & she made the occasion even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Priceless view...seasonedtesterDined on 5/24/2014and great food, this restaurant location makes any and all occasions memorable - no matter the weather!Special Features: