Boathouse Horseshoe Bay
6695 Nelson Avenue
West Vancouver, BC V7W 2B2Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse Horseshoe Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: 6049218188x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse Horseshoe Bay
We are situated right on the edge of the water in beautiful Horseshoe Bay. Our view is very west coast and compliments our menu well. We are proud to present an extensive selection of great recipes, wines, and unique cocktails to provide you with an amazing west coast dining experience. Join us in our relaxed, casual atmosphere - come as you are.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Boathouse Horseshoe Bay - Best Restaurants in West Vancouver ›
Boathouse Horseshoe Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (104)special occasion (62)great for outdoor dining (51)great for lunch (50)great for brunch (46)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (44)romantic (35)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (14)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 47th wed.ding anniversary and we had a wonderful timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday early dinnerjltastefoodDined on 9/15/2014The restaurant was very accommodating when with my request about a dessert that was diabetic friendly. Even though it was my birthday I wanted my Mom to be able to enjoy a nice dessert. Other than a few issues the our time in the restaurant was very enjoyable. a. A large party was at its last few members chatting, and their two kids where running around making a lot of noise. b. the crab cakes in my Eggs Benny I found a bit too crunchy and fell apart too easily and not enough sauce on the eggs, it's part of the dish and was skimped on. The service and food otherwise was definitely worth sharing with others.Special Features:
- My meal & the serviceEmmylouiseDined on 9/13/2014The meal I ordered was the Northern Seafood Pasta & it was great, however it was a bit spicy which I didn't totally love. I would have expected more seafood in it but there was such small chunks of salmon, one scallop & a few clams here & there. The service wasn't outstanding as I thought my waitress would have been more friendly. Our hostess was friendly & there was a man who brought my boyfriend & myself our food, he was very thoughtful & friendly. Other than that, my dinning experience was great & I loved the scenery & restaurant itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodCat12Dined on 9/13/2014Good Seafood - We ordered Scallops in pepper sauce with the Wasabi mashed potatoes and the Ahi Tuna, both meals were good. Enjoyed the Horseshoe Bay and mountain views. Service was good. Added Bonus was free parking.Special Features:
- Manager Jake was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Jake Arabiana, the store manager, delivered excellent customer service. He was humble and proactively sought my feedback and comments on the food and service. Will definitely visit restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have known betterwesterngardenerDined on 9/11/2014There's so much wrong with this 'restaurant' I don't know where to begin. 1. Given the lunch menu instead of the dinner one. Lunch menu had 2 choices in their steak options/dinner menu has 9. 2. Our first server who thought she was doing us a favor by serving us. Later, she was replaced with someone else who knew about customer service and was a tremendous improvement. 3. Appetizers: Coconut Shrimp (the best thing we ate all evening) and the Boathouse Signature Calamari which was fried to a crisp. 4. Dinner: Miso crusted wild halibut: dry and tasteless. Wild maple salmon: raw--sushi style. 5: Dessert: New York Cheesecake with seasonal berries. The seasonal berries were more like jam and a pasty mess. Will I return . . . never, ever.
- formerguestDined on 9/8/2014Disappointed ! been there for yers both private nd corporate ....slipping year over year... there is competition nd standards out there ...???ever heard of Cactus Club etc...?Special Features:
- Gorgeous LocationSaloVIPDined on 9/7/2014Good food and service, beautiful location! If you dream about dinner or brunch surrounded by typical gorgeous British Columbia scenary, there is no better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sugrDined on 9/7/2014Had a fabulous anniversary lunch with friends yesterday, food delicious and the view as always, outstanding. Wondered why we don't visit more often. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality has droppedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014A beautiful place to dine with a spectacular setting overlooking water. Unfortunately the quality of the food was poor which was a surprise as we have enjoyed many lovely meals here before.Special Features:
- Fading......JoyceVIPDined on 9/2/2014We went back because it was a nice evening and we watched a seal on the dock.....the food is still simply mediocre. The service ( Patrick ) was excellent . The seafood linguine not hot enough and slushy .....cant someone barbecue those prawns so that they are not rubbery ? No lobster ravioli, no bread pudding .......those were dishes that you did well ! You need a kitchen make-over but at least you have the view of the dock.....Special Features:
- Delightfully DelectableCodeDined on 8/30/2014I chose this restaurant for my Wife's birthday this year because of its beautiful location. Being annual regulars to the Boat House in other locations across the lower mainland I knew the food was going to be up to snuff, but it is the location that really makes this restaurant shine. If you want good food with a fantastic setting look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the right place, in the right placewayneDined on 8/30/2014Located at the confluence of Island, Sunshine Coast ferries and a major Vancouver freeway, this restaurant is the go-to location for family and friends to reconnect over consistently good food. The scenery is unbeatable, with marina and ferry activity in the fore ground and the snow capped peaks of the Squamish/Whistler mountains as a backdrop. Staff and management have been consistently attentive and responsive to special requests and inquiries. Excellent value overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Great experience and great food! There is something on the menu for everyone.Special Features:
- Great food, service and view!MomgooseDined on 8/29/2014A perfect place to celebrate a birthday and to bring our out of town guest. Thank you for the great food ad service. The view is amazing too!Special Features:
- Never disappointsLarryandLizDined on 8/28/2014The Boathouse at Horseshoe Bay has a great view, good food and friendly knowledgeable staff. A relaxing break close to home.Special Features:
- ScenicmunchyDined on 8/28/2014A very scenic view. Service was a little on the slow side, food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodLoverVIPDined on 8/27/2014Halibut and Chips were good except for the Chips. You shouldnt take the words "chips" literally by using the dried out ends of potatoes. As usual, the view was glorious and service fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014This is an outstanding Boathouse in Horseshoe Bay. Terrific setting, great service and quality food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not a morsel left...pickyeatersDined on 8/25/2014We arrived near the end of Appy hour and tried 3 of the dishes - all delicious - especially the halibut with miso. Our meals, cocoanut cod and the curry bowls were just as good and generous portions as well. We share 2 desserts between 4 to finish off. Our corner of the deck was lovely, overlooking the arbutus grove on the little islet and watching the herons put on a show. A great place to have a casual meal or celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for the AmbienceWansharpDined on 8/24/2014We normally go to Boathouse in New Westminster, so we are familiar with their menu. However, we found, although our server was polite & courteous, the eye for detail lacked including the menu. Our coffees arrived, mine was obviously spilled, but instead of using a new cup or wiping if off the sides, still given as is. Food was not hot, poached eggs were overdone. Although I'm not one to complain to the server, I have had better experiences elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs Improvement ....JoyceVIPDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant cannot continue to rely on the scenic view.....the food here has steadily gotten worse over the past six months .I feel very sorry for the servers ( doesn't that say it all ! ) when the food is so mediocre. Some dishes are still good ( the steaks are usually reliable ) but we've had a series of rubbery prawns and the seafood linguine is really not good. The desserts are few, unimaginative ( cranberry apple crisp microwaved into a puddle ) and Im not sure what has gone wrong ?Special Features:
- Grea experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014My wife and I have been to the Boathouse numerous times. Admittedly, we have had a few misses, but overall it is a great place, especially for that special eveing. In this case, it was our 19th anniversary, so the staff was kind enough to get a window table ready. Half the attraction of the Boathouse at Horshoe Bay is the view. Our waiter Mike was absolutely perfect. Not too much in our face, but seemingly always there when needed. He was willing (not all waiters are) to tell my wife 'not my favorite' when she asked, and what he recommended was perfect for her. Our meals came too early after appies, quickly returned, but other than that, everything went very well. Mike even brought us a small piece of cake with a sparkler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Requests in reservation not doneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014I had requested a window table and stated that it was my mothers 80th birthday when I made the reservation through opentable. Didn't get a window seat and no acknowledgement of her bday. Food was good but quite frankly overpriced. Just disappointed.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchMamabearDined on 8/17/2014Love the location and meet friends there often. Good food and great view. Love the Seafood Chowder and the Spicy Shrimp appies.Special Features:
- Good locationDoubleBookingDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed the lunch with the food, staff and view. Parking is a problem as it is in short supply You should be aware that our reservation proved to be double booked. Although it was suggested that one party had already booked (on the internet) they could not find it when the second person asked to check on it. There was space for us but could be a problem in busier times.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Usually come to the Boathouse for special occasions and when we have guests. Love it.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Our server was excellent, attentive and we really liked her...she remembered us from 6 months ago. My miso scallops were divine and my husband enjoyed his king crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to expectationsLonggone2Dined on 8/3/2014Had eaten there once before and found this time the food was presented cold, and obviously prepared in advance. We ordered similar dishes to those on our first visit and they were nowhere near as flavourful or tasty. Will not be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- DisappointingSkyeDined on 8/2/2014We have gone to the boathouse for decades for special family dinners, but this time around we left with a bad taste in our mouth. Slow and poor service, and not up to the usual standards. Food was over cooked, but cold. And is it me or are the portions tinier each time, and the prices getting higher. I think it's time for a new family favorite.Special Features:
- Beautiful dinner by the seajeffandlaraDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed an early dinner on a Saturday evening sitting at a table by the window looking out onto picturesque Horseshoe Bay. Looking forward to going back soon. Food was delicious and drinks were very enjoyable. Parked right in front of restaurant in a free 2 hour spot that was perfect timing for our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a view2morrowDined on 7/31/2014We just had a very enjoyable lunch at the Boathouse in Horseshoe Bay. The scenery was amazing and the service was excellent. We had the seafood salad which was good but had too much dressing on it so kind of soggy greens but others enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Very good service, good food......great Birthday dinner !Special Features:
- Yummy but Ouch!Jazz20Dined on 7/25/2014Great food. Sit inside for evening dinner to avoid mosquito bites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location and great foodDorisDined on 7/25/2014We were seated by the window with a view of the surrounding bay - just gorgeous! The staff were very friendly and attentive - they went out of their way to make you feel special. The food was great too.Special Features:
- ConsistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I take visiters there often because it meets everyones taste but with a variety of items to choose from and most importantly is there food is consistently great. So I know when I go there it will be a successful evening.Special Features:
- Best choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2014Great place for a family event - four generations all together to celebrate a special birthday - great food, excellent service, and a view that can't be beat!Special Features:
- Dinner Horseshoe Bay BoathouseKenMuirDinnerDined on 7/17/2014Food was great. I enjoyed the View. Not too noisy. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentZumbanistaVIPDined on 7/16/2014Hadn't been to the Horsehoe Bay Boathouse in about 15 years. The interior was nicely updated and you can't beat the view. Service was slightly slow though the place wasn't very full. The drinks menu was out of date and the bar had run out of draught Wheat Beer. The dinner menu was skewed a bit too Asian for our tastes and seemed out of the '90's. Having said that, our server was pleasant and our dinners were good: prawns in cream sauce with rice (plating could have been more appetizing) and beef street tacos (just a shade too hot, tho I like spicy food). Decent restaurant, could up the food and service to knock it out of the park in a terrific scenic location.Special Features:
- No Hail to Caesar!love2eatDined on 7/15/2014The food was not very good. And my Caesar salad came without anything but lettuce!Special Features: