boathouse - East Hampton
39 Gann Road
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
boathouse - East Hampton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6313293663
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: CLAMBAKES, LOBSTER BAKE, DOCKSIDE CATERING FOR BOATS/YACHTS. PRIVATE CHEF AVAILABLE FOR OFF SITE EVENTS.
- Entertainment: Live Bands, DJ and Reggae.
A word from boathouse - East Hampton
Fabulous Fresh Seafood, on the water overlooking 3 mile harbor in East Hampton. Formerly Bostwick's lively bar scene a water view from every table and bar situated at a marina; come by boat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
boathouse - East Hampton reviews from OpenTable diners
- Went slightly after the season.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2011Went slightly after the season. Service was pathetic and my food was just ok and wifes was truly awful. Might be the type of place to only go to during the season but can't recommend to anyone.
- Loved the food. The Clam ChowderOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2011Loved the food. The Clam Chowder was AMAZING! Our server could have been a little friendlier.Special Features:
- We have been many times duringOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/22/2011We have been many times during the summer, but when we went off season they were understaffed, we waited for one hour and a half for our food with two young HUNGRY children .
- This place has the best calamariOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011This place has the best calamari I've ever had in my life! The scallop/lobster/shrimp quesadilla was superior! The view is gorgeous,even on a rainy day. It's right on the water.Special Features:
- We visited during the offOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2011We visited during the off season and on a week night so the restaurant was quiet. Only a few other occupied tables. Bar was active. Dinner was good and everyone in our party enjoyed their entree. We will go again on another trip.Special Features:
- Too Expensive for Casual DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011Nice views of the marina, but the prices were way too high, for what you get. Casual dining experience at high end prices.Special Features:
- We were a party of 3 and hadGothamiteVIPDined on 9/10/2011We were a party of 3 and had a res. for 8PM on Sat. night. We requested a table on the deck. Hostess forgot we were waiting at the bar for a table on the deck so after a half hour, we inquired and were then sat right away. There was then another 15-20 minute wait before our waitress came over who was less than pleasant. Remainder of evenening was fine.Special Features:
- On a busy Labor day weekendhebattyVIPDined on 9/4/2011On a busy Labor day weekend evening the Boathouse was hopping. While we had to wait a bit to be seated even though we had a reservation, we got a lovely table. The food as always was good, the service respectable and the noise level tolerable. All in all, for someone who never goes out on the holiday weekends in the Hamptons, it was a good decision and a good experience.Special Features:
- This is my 4th time this seasonmoderngirlVIPDined on 9/4/2011This is my 4th time this season @ The Boathouse and it will be my last. I'm not a seasonal resident and eat out almost every weekend all year long but it will not be at the Boathouse. The service was awful. The main course took over an hour to arrive. In that hour no one came to our table to tell us why there was a delay, to ask us if we wanted another another drink or even fill our empty water glasses. In order to even get the waiter's attention I had to enlist the aid of a neighboring table. The manager recognized me since I had been there before. When whizzing through the dining room I ended up getting her attention to find out where our when we would get our food. There was no drink offer or any other " We're sorry" offer.Special Features:
- We came for the view whichmoderngirlVIPDined on 8/24/2011We came for the view which of course was terrific. Service was poor. Waitress was pleasant but inattentive. We were always searching for her when we needed something. Had to flag down other service staff for help. Never once came to the table just to ask if we needed anything or to ask us how our dinner was. The view is great but for the $100 per person we spent I want better service.Special Features:
- Gorgeous view, Otherwise a DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2011Gorgeous view. The restaurant needs to capitalize on this. The service is like a diner and the food is average and expensive. Who needs music blaring when there is such natural beauty surrounding? Sorry this wasn't a better experience.Special Features:
- Great lobster Mac & cheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2011Great lobster Mac & cheese & the swordfish was to die for!!! Portion size was a bit too much for me, but this made it perfect, as I left feeling more than satisfied!!! The only thing that would have made this dining experience 100% perfect would be if the boathouse had fresh blueberry pie for desert. :-) But otherwise everything was delicious!!Special Features:
- We sat down at 7:00 and gotPattyCDined on 8/21/2011We sat down at 7:00 and got appetizers in a timely manner; however, no one returned to our table for an hour!!! We asked for our waiter to check on our food and he disappeared, our dinners came out, undercooked, some overcooked and heated after 8:30....Have been going to that location for over 20 years will NOT return to BOATHOUSE or recommend it.
- The food was poor at best,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/19/2011The food was poor at best, my tuna came out cold. There were out of many wines on the list. The service was rushed, our appetizer course came out within 4 minutes of ordering. They brought the main course as we were only halfway through the appetizers.Special Features:
- When they first opened, thehebattyVIPDined on 8/19/2011When they first opened, the service was horrid. The food was good, but the experience was always very trying because the wait staff was completely untrained. This season they have gotten their act together. The food is very good, the staff is very good and it is a truly pleasant and memorable dining experience. The view of the water is great and even though the last time we sat inside, you can still see the water and if you like have the added benefit of the AC - it was a humid and hot night so it was fine. Our salads were excellent my swordfish was perfectly cooked and a good time was had by all - you should check it out is my advice.
- View First; Food SecondOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2011The Boathouse is all about the view, so ask for a table around the perimeter. Our hostess kindly moved us to a premium table. A soiled knife on the table was quickly replaced by a bus girl.Our server was friendly and helpful, if a bit harried. The place was hopping busy on a Thursday night. Salads, a Caesar and mixed greens, were ordinary. The grilled swordfish was tender and flavorful. The Little Neck clams with linguine was tasty, but the clams were few and some were chewy. This dish needs more zip. A good wine selection. Try the dessert sampler for delicious tastings to share. Our table's favorite was the Key Lime pie. You're paying for the view here; the food takes second billing. This restaurant is not wheelchair accessible.Special Features:
- This was my fourth time herembd3VIPDined on 8/15/2011This was my fourth time here this summer, and once again the food was delicious and the view unbeatable. We drew a waiter we also had on our second visit, who is very competent and fairly attentive, but also rather dour, as if he does not love his job. The waiter and waitress I had on my first and third visits, respectively, were competent, very attentive, and incredibly pleasant and friendly. This waiter did, however, arrange with management to serve us the lobster special that was actually featured at beachhouse; my husband saw an add in the paper and misread it, but the restaurant was very gracious nonetheless.Special Features:
- While the decor and scenicMcdcathyDined on 8/14/2011While the decor and scenic view are lovely, the food is just okay. There are better restaurants in East Hampton than this one.Special Features:
- While the setting is prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/13/2011While the setting is pretty over 3-mile Harbor the amateur and indifferent service make the experience very unenjoyable. There is no sense of any management of the staff and the staff is so young and awful they should just close down the place and open a new restaurant with new management.
- Raw bar was great, fish selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2011Raw bar was great, fish selections were limited, Great location and has great views of the harborSpecial Features:
- Amazing view. Sunsets overOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2011Amazing view. Sunsets over the water are fabulous!!Special Features:
- It doesn't get much betterMSchenklerDined on 8/12/2011It doesn't get much better than the waterfront/marina view at the Boathouse. More than 2 years after they took over the old Bostwicks, the Boathouse remains a beautiful dining spot with solid food and a summer bar buzz. Neither the kitchen, nor the service has risen to the level of the Hampton mainstay restaurants, but what they deliver is well presented, tasty and often impressive -- it would be nice if the entire table received their entres together. But go there for drinks, good food and ask for a seat at the waterfront side, facing beautiful Three Mile Harbor. We prefer sundown for the view as opposed to the late Hampton dining trend.Special Features:
- Spectacular views of ThreeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2011Spectacular views of Three Mile Harbor and excellent seafood make the Boathouse a go too restaurant. The service is slow, so prepare to wait for a while. Menu is varied and the tempura sea bass is a standout.Special Features:
- Got charged twice on the creditOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2011Got charged twice on the credit card, service was with a bit of a forced smile - otherwise v enjoyable
- Was great, now too busy toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2011Was great, now too busy to pay attention to detail.Special Features:
- The Boathouse is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2011The Boathouse is consistently good. We miss the Lobster Salad, but there a many good choices.Special Features:
- A terrific waterfront viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2011A terrific waterfront view and spectacular sunsets can be seen from almost every table. Appitizers were prompt, but entrees took another 45 minutes! It wasn't because the kitchen was busy, there were only two other tables with diners at 6:00 pm. By the time we left the restaurant was full. The food was OK, not great. Tuna, salmon and shrimp scampi were good. Seafood pasta could been better. Medium-rare burger came well-done, great fries though.Special Features:
- the boathouse killed any chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/17/2011the boathouse killed any chance they had when my mashed potatoes came out cold, not room temp but cold. They apologized and sent out a new order, also cold!! that did it for me. wait staff was friendly and attentive but the food??Special Features:
- The food was inedible andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/16/2011The food was inedible and we had to return 2 appetizers and one main dish. the rest of the food was cold but we didn't bother sending it back. The staff was inadequate to handle the over crowded restaurant. Neither us or our friends will return.Special Features:
- A most enjoyable evening-OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2011A most enjoyable evening- what could be better? There was a glorious sunset overlooking boats in a marina, good food, good service and good company. They wee timely with the reservation, which is always a plus.Special Features:
- Excellent View with wonderful food!CTNYC1VIPDined on 7/10/2011Beautiful water views and good value brunch. The food is great here as is the service. Their "sister" restaurant, The Beach House" in East Hampton is also excellent and a little more upscale feeling. Great restaurants.Special Features:
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2011Sunday Brunch- Music was blaring annoyingly loud.Waitress had an attitude.Not open on time.Food was OK and way overpriced.Special Features:
- Good food, but it took foreverRoosenburgVIPDined on 7/8/2011Good food, but it took forever and waiter paid little attention to usSpecial Features:
- This is the second time thatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2011This is the second time that I have been here and, unfortunately, the food is terrible almost inedible (though, there were a handful of dishes that were ok) and the service is bad too. It is very disappointing as the location and venue are terrific. Very very very bad!
- WENT FOR DINNER, THEY HADOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/4/2011WENT FOR DINNER, THEY HAD AN ADVERTISED LOBSTER SPECIAL. tHIS IS WHAT WE WANTED TO ORDER, THE WAITRESS HAD NO CLUE TO WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT. FINALLY SHE ASKED AND SAID OK. THAT WAS THE LAST WE SAW OF HER THE ENTIRE MEAL. SOMEONE ELSE DELIVERED OUR FOOD, NOT ONCE DID SHE COME BY TO ASK HOW EVERYTHING WAS OR IF WE WANTED ANYTHING ELSE. AT LEAST THE BUSGIRL KEPT COMING AROUND WITH WATER. FINALLY ASKED THE HOSTESS FOR CHECK AND WAITRESS DELIVERED IT TO OUR TABLE WITH EXTRA ITEMS THAT WE NEVER ORDERED ON THE BILL. BAD NEWS. I WOULD NOT GO BACK, THERE ARE OTHER PLACES WITH GREAT VIEWS IN E.H.!Special Features:
- This was our second time backmbd3VIPDined on 7/2/2011This was our second time back and we were not disappointed by either the food or the view; both were fantastic. Our waiter this time, however, was not nearly as friendly and welcoming as the waiter we had the first time.Special Features:
- had a great night and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/1/2011had a great night and was amazed at the energy and efficiency of the wait staff...incredibly well trained...nice folks!Special Features:
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2011Although hard to find, lovely sunset view from deck. Uncrowded tuesday so service attentive. Huge Tuna tartare, wonderful salad, fish main dishes good, delicious key lime pie.Special Features:
- Service was great, settingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/26/2011Service was great, setting was perfect and food was good - especially the lobster mac & cheese.Special Features:
- great place for a summer /beachfreq7VIPDined on 6/25/2011great place for a summer /beach dinner very good food....weekend brunch is not as good in terms of food quality....