Boathouse at Breach Inlet
101 Palm Boulevard
Isle Of Palms, SC 29451Neighborhood:
Isle of Palms
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Boathouse at Breach Inlet
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.com/
- Phone: 8438868000
- Hours of Operation:
Winter hours: Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Summer hours: Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Crow bar opened daily at 3:00pm
Lunch served seasonally May - September 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles Arena
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menus available online at www.boathouserestaurants.com
- Private Party Facilities: Our deck overlooking the waterway accommodates 80 people. Availability is limited to certain seasons.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Stullenbarger or Colleen OConnor 8438868000
- Special Events: Charleston Restaurant Week 3 for $30 Menu January 10 - 20th, 2013
A word from Boathouse at Breach Inlet
This waterfront locale is historically known as the launching site of our country's first submarine, the H.L. Hunley. Poised at the breach between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic, you can enjoy a meal amongst the spectacular sunset views and balmy ocean breezes of the Isle of Palms. Come early and have a cocktail at the Rooftop Bar while enjoying amazing views before dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Boathouse at Breach Inlet - Best Restaurants in Isle of Palms ›
Boathouse at Breach Inlet reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (184)great for outdoor dining (124)special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (77)good for groups (62)fit for foodies (48)kid-friendly (40)romantic (37)hot spot (21)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (13)late-night find (6)Show More
- want consistently great food??OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014I have enjoyed the Boathouse for many years now, taking family and friends there for special occasions or just when I want to be sure I am going to get a really good meal. I recommend this place to tourists who ask where to eat on the islands. I have been there twice in the last month, this latest visit with my father to celebrate my birthday. Had lobster tails and crabcake. Everything cooked to perfection...sooo easy to get lobster that is overcooked and chewy...NOT HERE!! Ask for Decker as your waiter and you'll get perfect service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Jalapeño Hush puppiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014You have to try them!!! The best ever. The view was amazing from the outside deck. We recommend waiting about an hour before sunset because the evening views are spectacular. This is a must each time we visit the Isle of Palms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was very good, and our waiter was very attentive. I would recommend the Boathouse to anyone.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We have dined here many times and each time is special. Our last visit we were celebrating our retirement. This visit we were celebrating our 44th anniversary. Looking forward to our next big event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sam46sam46Dined on 10/16/2014The Boathouse is one of those really great things about Charleston. Food is great - love the fish - love to take out of town guests. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedBeachgirl5835Dined on 10/15/2014We have been eating on a regular basis at the Boathouse ever since we started to visit the Charleston area. And now that we live here, it is still one of our favorite restaurants. Love the Gouda Mac & Cheese, the Shrimp & Grits, all of the desserts, and the view.Special Features:
- JeannieJeannieDined on 10/15/2014Had a great dining experience at the Boathouse. The food was great and the server was very friendly and attentive. The view is beautifulSpecial Features:
- Foodie2Dined on 10/15/2014Went just before sunset and had a fabulous view on the deck. Food and service were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinstonDined on 10/12/2014As always the food was excellent, service was excellent as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sunset viewpixkyeaterDined on 10/11/2014Definitely get there before sunset and sit at the bar at the crow's nest- amazing view, fun vibe. Food was good if not overall totally memorable. Other reviewers had raved about the calamari appetizer- it was pretty good but a tiny portion. Not enough to share, really. One of us had the grouper and said it was among the best she had ever had. Super patient server, and she had her hands full with the very very loud group of ten women at the table next to us!Special Features:
- Beautiful view!MartiMooseDined on 10/11/2014Roof top bar was spectacular! Soooo loud during dinner. We are on the outdoor patio. Lady next to us was so loud my right ear hurt. No the restaurants fault! She needed to stop drinking. Service OK. Not outstanding. Food was good, just not what I expected.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood at a great priceGrandBendManDined on 10/11/2014Excellent, fresh seafood. Arrive early and have a drink upstairs in the outdoor bar.Special Features:
- DeliciousJP1984Dined on 10/11/2014We have eaten here before but it had been a while. Delicious appetizers and the seafood was great. Will return!Special Features:
- Lovely evening!graciousdiningDined on 10/7/2014We were seated at the perfect table with water view at our request. Custom-made cocktail was perfect but unexpectedly expensive! This was our last night of a brief vacation on the Isle of Palms and we are so glad we found this place--great food and service, and romantic atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGolf2VIPDined on 10/4/2014We visit Charleston every year and always drive to Isle of Palm to eat at the Boat House. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be BackFoodie88Dined on 10/3/2014Service was excellent, wine list was very good. Food was very good. Calamari was in the top 5 we've ever eaten. Views were spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceGATravelersDined on 10/2/2014Best restaurant on IOP. Great food, superb service and views are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichelleDined on 9/30/2014The staff was extra friendly, the food was fast and delicious, the service was great. The view was awesome. One of the best meals we had on our trip along the coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seconds tme.AwesomeDined on 9/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meals on both trips. Would recommend for families as well as friends. Bar options while you wait for table. And really good food.Special Features:
- customer friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We are Tennesseans who visit family in Charleston two or three times annually and always eat at least once at the boat House. The food is always superior but so are the young people who make this such a friendly environment. We do not wait for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNandG2Dined on 9/21/2014Lovely setting, but the best views are obscured from the dining room. Very prompt, somewhat pro forma, service. Food choices OK, but whatever happened to green vegetables? Turns out they had a wider choice than the menu showed (as we saw at the next table), but our server never told us about them. The fish was poorly prepared (mine too salty, hers somewhat tasteless). Overall, not worth the money despite the views. Go for drinks and an app, then go eat somewhere else.
- Beautiful sunset; great foodJammonDined on 9/20/2014I've been going to the Boathouse at Breech Inlet since before it was the Boathouse. It is one of the most beautiful settings anywhere. The sunset over the Intracoastal Waterway was post card perfect - boats, marsh, birds and often porpoises. We were seated promptly at a waterfront table. Service was gracious, prompt, and efficient. The seafood for all four of us was done to perfection - some fried, some broiled but all delicious. The side items are numerous. For a special occasion, or just a great dinner - I always consider the Boathouse at Breech Inlet. The prices are moderate ($20 - 30) for most main courses, valet parking is complimentary (tipping allowed), and the setting is absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Your fried shrimp is the best we have ever had - that's why we keep coming back for more! Service was excellent and the view is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beach MustboathouselvrDined on 9/18/2014We have been coming to Wild Dunes for years and always one of our favorites is to go to the Boathouse. We were saddened when the one in Asheville closed. So now, we must wait for our return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodBeccaDined on 9/13/2014On vacation in IOP we went to Boathouse and had a great dinner. Wine beer and food were all great. Recommend trying to ask for seat on outside deck, that is really inclosed, if possible. Go early and get a drink in the upstairs bar that is open air. Be ready to eat!Special Features:
- Friday Night DinnerFoodmanVIPDined on 9/12/2014We visited Boathouse while spending a long weekend in Charleston. We had a 8:15 pm reservation and were seated promptly. The seafood dishes were great, but the winner at the table was actually the filet mignon my son ordered. It was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. The only downside was a large boisterous party at an adjacent table. They were having a lot of fun, but it did get a little loud at times. The service was very friendly; however the server did write down the wrong dish for one of our diners. He promptly fixed the mistake and without asking us, took that dish off the bill. In my view, this was above and beyond what was needed to make it right. Boathouse is a great change of pace from the Charleston foodies.Special Features:
- Outstanding EveningMikeDined on 9/12/2014Dinner was the best we ever had at The Boathouse. Our server was wonderful. She never rushed us, yet was attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changing but EnduringWildDunesVeteranDined on 9/10/2014Have been going to Boathouse for years. It is generally very good food. Preparation techniques have changed. Maybe not for best. Portions are adequate but on lower end. Menu could use an update. Crowd seemed smaller the night we visited. But Charleston Restaurant Week was going on and Boathouse did not participate, so the crowd was likely in Charleston. Service was excellent. Didn't feel rushed. Grits were dry, Mac an cheese was dry. Flounder was very small. Shrimp was good as was scallop dish. Hope some tweeting occurs to revitalize menu. Pricing is on the high end for similar items at other restaurants. Will return again, and hope for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatqueenie09Dined on 9/9/2014Love coming when we are in town. The BEST grits and greens I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, great fishhealthyeaterDined on 9/7/2014We greatly enjoyed a wonderful evening at the Boathouse. Our server was efficient, attentive, and very pleasant. The fish was perfect - great accompaniments, healthy choices for sides, local fish and veggies. Eating on the screened porch was very comfortable and we were able to watch a great sunset and a few dolphins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchDjmatteoDined on 9/7/2014We went for brunch and were very happy with our choice. Our server's recommendations were excellent. He obviously knew the menu. Shrimp and grits were excellent and the strawberry stuffed French toast was memorable. Restaurant has a great view of the inlet. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We loved it. Our waiter was excellent and we really enjoyed the night. They even helped us ice the cooler on the boat. Would highly recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining eveningknickersDined on 9/6/2014We actually sat in the bar area outside and was taken care of and entertained by Riley. The breeze was delightful, he was charming, and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice view - good foodrzspswVIPDined on 9/6/2014My family was recently on vacation to the Isle of Palms, SC and ate at the Boathouse the first night there. We had a table out on the deck/porch which was very nice with a view of the water. Unfortunately, the table was located right next to the server stand and the entrance from the kitchen, so it was a bit hectic. I wasn't a fan of the she crab soup. It seemed gritty. I tried the soup again at a different restaurant a couple days later, and it was fantastic, so I just think it was the way they prepared it. My swordfish, on the other hand was excellent. There were seven of us and except for the soup, everything was a big hit. The service was a bit slow, but the sunset was spectacular over the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapointsMtPleasantGirlDined on 9/5/2014The Boathouse on Breach Inlet is a must do restuarant when visitng the beach! Wonderful menu at a very fair price.Special Features:
- Undercooked PorkGogolDined on 9/5/2014Sent a pork chop back twice and it came back red, not pink in the middle. Started tasting like rubber after the 2nd attempt at microwave. Must have been frozen to start and never thawed properly.Special Features:
- firsttimerVIPDined on 9/5/2014First time, last time. How could a waterfront restaurant have an entire room with no views? Extremely rushed service. Smallest piece of Grouper I have ever seen, surrounded by large scoops of side stuff. My guest said the crab cakes were just bad. And I made reservations for this? Live in Mount Pleasant, but won't be back!
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2014Great food and view. Enjoy the Crows Nest for a drink before dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantIlandGirlDined on 9/4/2014No matter what you order, the food and service is excellent. The view from the Crow's Nest is awesome. When family and friends come visiting, they always include the Boathouse as a "must" in their schedule of events.Special Features:
- my experiencemrbillDined on 9/2/2014The food was great, the Waitress was superb, the atmosphere was great, few overly loud people. The hostess was the rudest I have ever encountered. The bar and bartender were a great combination. Very friendly and quick. The hostess was not. My first trip to the area, not the last, the first trip to your restaurant, and not the last.Special Features: