Boathouse at Breach Inlet
101 Palm Boulevard
Isle Of Palms, SC 29451Neighborhood:
Isle of Palms
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Boathouse at Breach Inlet
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.com/
- Phone: (843) 886-8000
- Hours of Operation:
Winter hours: Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Summer hours: Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Crow bar opened daily at 3:00pm
Lunch served seasonally May - September 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles Arena
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menus available online at www.boathouserestaurants.com
- Private Party Facilities: Our deck overlooking the waterway accommodates 80 people. Availability is limited to certain seasons.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Stullenbarger or Colleen OConnor 8438868000
- Special Events: Charleston Restaurant Week 3 for $30 Menu January 10 - 20th, 2013
A word from Boathouse at Breach Inlet
This waterfront locale is historically known as the launching site of our country's first submarine, the H.L. Hunley. Poised at the breach between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic, you can enjoy a meal amongst the spectacular sunset views and balmy ocean breezes of the Isle of Palms. Come early and have a cocktail at the Rooftop Bar while enjoying amazing views before dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Boathouse at Breach Inlet - Best Restaurants in Isle of Palms ›
Boathouse at Breach Inlet reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (152)great for outdoor dining (104)neighborhood gem (71)special occasion (59)good for groups (52)fit for foodies (47)romantic (37)kid-friendly (27)great for brunch (19)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- new to the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014We're new in-town and have been to the Boat House at Breach Inlet 3 or 4 times. We'll certainly go back. Outstanding spot and food is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodgooziemomVIPDined on 11/8/2014Consistently good food. Reservations are a must.........in the warmer months we love to be seated on the water.....rooftop bar.Special Features:
- changed chefs trioBobbyDined on 11/8/2014We are locals and have enjoyed BH for 10 + year and look forward to the Secret menu chefs trio choice. it's my wife's favorite place to go on her birthday but this year even our waiter was disappointed to tell us of the change. Dinner and wine was great our waiter was great just didn't get the full birthday experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tennisVIPDined on 11/7/2014Dinner was delicious as usual, always enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great dinner on a special occaisonNANDJDined on 11/7/2014hostess acommodated our early arrival. honored our seating request Don't recall server's name but service was excellent. Food was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.FoodforfunDined on 11/3/2014Great service and wonderful food. The staff is very well trained, attentive and knowledgeable. The food presentation and quality is fine dinning at its best. Great atmosphere and embiance. Definitely worth the experience.Special Features:
- Really niceSLOWJOEDined on 11/2/2014Valet parking,great view,really good service and good food! Would go back!Special Features:
- ArmyDined on 10/29/2014Food and service was great. The views of the sunset are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time was the charmsareyDined on 10/27/2014Visited The Boathouse last year, and loved having drinks by the water, but were not thrilled with our dinner choices. Decided to try it again, and were pleasantly surprised. I think we just made selections last year that didn't suit our palates. Stayed safe this year with seafood broil and grilled shrimp. Much better. Glad we went back as it is a good beach restaurant that we will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunset - awesome foodmjfromnjVIPDined on 10/27/2014Watched a beautiful sunset followed by a delicious meal at the Boathouse. Roasted scallops were delicious, and don't forget the chocolate torte dessert. Yummm. Would go back!Special Features:
- AmazingncdogfoodieDined on 10/26/2014Great food and view, best fish tacos and jalapeño hush puppies ever!!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful timeSCALLENDined on 10/25/2014Food was excellent, view was fantastic and Decker did a fabulous job taking care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We normally dont try new places but I wanted to go somewhere different. The food and service was excellent. I felt like the tables were on top of each other and it was hard to have conversation because you couldnt help but hear the peoples conversation next to us. Also thought it was a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terraVIPDined on 10/24/2014Food and service was very good. Don't come without a reservation.Special Features:
- $30 taste, $20 portion sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014When I said something about portion I was told that is just what it costs.
- Dining at the BoathouseCrabbyDebbieDined on 10/22/2014Our dining experience at the Boathouse was disappointing. The service was excellent, but the portions were minuscule for the price. I had to send back my scallops to be cooked more. As far as the view....I couldn't say as the thick plastic around the deck concealed the sunset.Special Features:
- want consistently great food??PattyDined on 10/22/2014I have enjoyed the Boathouse for many years now, taking family and friends there for special occasions or just when I want to be sure I am going to get a really good meal. I recommend this place to tourists who ask where to eat on the islands. I have been there twice in the last month, this latest visit with my father to celebrate my birthday. Had lobster tails and crabcake. Everything cooked to perfection...sooo easy to get lobster that is overcooked and chewy...NOT HERE!! Ask for Decker as your waiter and you'll get perfect service as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Jalapeño Hush puppiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014You have to try them!!! The best ever. The view was amazing from the outside deck. We recommend waiting about an hour before sunset because the evening views are spectacular. This is a must each time we visit the Isle of Palms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was very good, and our waiter was very attentive. I would recommend the Boathouse to anyone.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014We have dined here many times and each time is special. Our last visit we were celebrating our retirement. This visit we were celebrating our 44th anniversary. Looking forward to our next big event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sam46sam46Dined on 10/16/2014The Boathouse is one of those really great things about Charleston. Food is great - love the fish - love to take out of town guests. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedBeachgirl5835Dined on 10/15/2014We have been eating on a regular basis at the Boathouse ever since we started to visit the Charleston area. And now that we live here, it is still one of our favorite restaurants. Love the Gouda Mac & Cheese, the Shrimp & Grits, all of the desserts, and the view.Special Features:
- JeannieJeannieDined on 10/15/2014Had a great dining experience at the Boathouse. The food was great and the server was very friendly and attentive. The view is beautifulSpecial Features:
- Foodie2Dined on 10/15/2014Went just before sunset and had a fabulous view on the deck. Food and service were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinstonDined on 10/12/2014As always the food was excellent, service was excellent as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sunset viewpixkyeaterDined on 10/11/2014Definitely get there before sunset and sit at the bar at the crow's nest- amazing view, fun vibe. Food was good if not overall totally memorable. Other reviewers had raved about the calamari appetizer- it was pretty good but a tiny portion. Not enough to share, really. One of us had the grouper and said it was among the best she had ever had. Super patient server, and she had her hands full with the very very loud group of ten women at the table next to us!Special Features:
- Beautiful view!MartiMooseDined on 10/11/2014Roof top bar was spectacular! Soooo loud during dinner. We are on the outdoor patio. Lady next to us was so loud my right ear hurt. No the restaurants fault! She needed to stop drinking. Service OK. Not outstanding. Food was good, just not what I expected.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood at a great priceGrandBendManDined on 10/11/2014Excellent, fresh seafood. Arrive early and have a drink upstairs in the outdoor bar.Special Features:
- DeliciousJP1984Dined on 10/11/2014We have eaten here before but it had been a while. Delicious appetizers and the seafood was great. Will return!Special Features:
- Lovely evening!graciousdiningDined on 10/7/2014We were seated at the perfect table with water view at our request. Custom-made cocktail was perfect but unexpectedly expensive! This was our last night of a brief vacation on the Isle of Palms and we are so glad we found this place--great food and service, and romantic atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGolf2VIPDined on 10/4/2014We visit Charleston every year and always drive to Isle of Palm to eat at the Boat House. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be BackFoodie88Dined on 10/3/2014Service was excellent, wine list was very good. Food was very good. Calamari was in the top 5 we've ever eaten. Views were spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceGATravelersDined on 10/2/2014Best restaurant on IOP. Great food, superb service and views are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichelleDined on 9/30/2014The staff was extra friendly, the food was fast and delicious, the service was great. The view was awesome. One of the best meals we had on our trip along the coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seconds tme.AwesomeDined on 9/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meals on both trips. Would recommend for families as well as friends. Bar options while you wait for table. And really good food.Special Features:
- customer friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We are Tennesseans who visit family in Charleston two or three times annually and always eat at least once at the boat House. The food is always superior but so are the young people who make this such a friendly environment. We do not wait for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNandG2Dined on 9/21/2014Lovely setting, but the best views are obscured from the dining room. Very prompt, somewhat pro forma, service. Food choices OK, but whatever happened to green vegetables? Turns out they had a wider choice than the menu showed (as we saw at the next table), but our server never told us about them. The fish was poorly prepared (mine too salty, hers somewhat tasteless). Overall, not worth the money despite the views. Go for drinks and an app, then go eat somewhere else.
- Beautiful sunset; great foodJammonDined on 9/20/2014I've been going to the Boathouse at Breech Inlet since before it was the Boathouse. It is one of the most beautiful settings anywhere. The sunset over the Intracoastal Waterway was post card perfect - boats, marsh, birds and often porpoises. We were seated promptly at a waterfront table. Service was gracious, prompt, and efficient. The seafood for all four of us was done to perfection - some fried, some broiled but all delicious. The side items are numerous. For a special occasion, or just a great dinner - I always consider the Boathouse at Breech Inlet. The prices are moderate ($20 - 30) for most main courses, valet parking is complimentary (tipping allowed), and the setting is absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Your fried shrimp is the best we have ever had - that's why we keep coming back for more! Service was excellent and the view is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beach MustboathouselvrDined on 9/18/2014We have been coming to Wild Dunes for years and always one of our favorites is to go to the Boathouse. We were saddened when the one in Asheville closed. So now, we must wait for our return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.