Boathouse at Breach Inlet
101 Palm Boulevard
Isle Of Palms, SC 29451Neighborhood:
Isle of Palms
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Boathouse at Breach Inlet
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.com/
- Phone: 8438868000
- Hours of Operation:
Winter hours: Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Summer hours: Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Crow bar opened daily at 3:00pm
Lunch served seasonally May - September 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles Arena
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menus available online at www.boathouserestaurants.com
- Private Party Facilities: Our deck overlooking the waterway accommodates 80 people. Availability is limited to certain seasons.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Stullenbarger or Colleen OConnor 8438868000
- Special Events: Charleston Restaurant Week 3 for $30 Menu January 10 - 20th, 2013
A word from Boathouse at Breach Inlet
This waterfront locale is historically known as the launching site of our country's first submarine, the H.L. Hunley. Poised at the breach between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic, you can enjoy a meal amongst the spectacular sunset views and balmy ocean breezes of the Isle of Palms. Come early and have a cocktail at the Rooftop Bar while enjoying amazing views before dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Boathouse at Breach Inlet - Best Restaurants in Isle of Palms ›
Boathouse at Breach Inlet reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (208)great for outdoor dining (141)special occasion (85)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (63)kid-friendly (58)fit for foodies (47)romantic (43)hot spot (26)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014On vacation in IOP we went to Boathouse and had a great dinner. Wine beer and food were all great. Recommend trying to ask for seat on outside deck, that is really inclosed, if possible. Go early and get a drink in the upstairs bar that is open air. Be ready to eat!Special Features:
- Friday Night DinnerFoodmanDined on 9/12/2014We visited Boathouse while spending a long weekend in Charleston. We had a 8:15 pm reservation and were seated promptly. The seafood dishes were great, but the winner at the table was actually the filet mignon my son ordered. It was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. The only downside was a large boisterous party at an adjacent table. They were having a lot of fun, but it did get a little loud at times. The service was very friendly; however the server did write down the wrong dish for one of our diners. He promptly fixed the mistake and without asking us, took that dish off the bill. In my view, this was above and beyond what was needed to make it right. Boathouse is a great change of pace from the Charleston foodies.Special Features:
- Outstanding EveningMikeDined on 9/12/2014Dinner was the best we ever had at The Boathouse. Our server was wonderful. She never rushed us, yet was attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changing but EnduringWildDunesVeteranDined on 9/10/2014Have been going to Boathouse for years. It is generally very good food. Preparation techniques have changed. Maybe not for best. Portions are adequate but on lower end. Menu could use an update. Crowd seemed smaller the night we visited. But Charleston Restaurant Week was going on and Boathouse did not participate, so the crowd was likely in Charleston. Service was excellent. Didn't feel rushed. Grits were dry, Mac an cheese was dry. Flounder was very small. Shrimp was good as was scallop dish. Hope some tweeting occurs to revitalize menu. Pricing is on the high end for similar items at other restaurants. Will return again, and hope for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatqueenie09Dined on 9/9/2014Love coming when we are in town. The BEST grits and greens I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, great fishhealthyeaterDined on 9/7/2014We greatly enjoyed a wonderful evening at the Boathouse. Our server was efficient, attentive, and very pleasant. The fish was perfect - great accompaniments, healthy choices for sides, local fish and veggies. Eating on the screened porch was very comfortable and we were able to watch a great sunset and a few dolphins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchDjmatteoDined on 9/7/2014We went for brunch and were very happy with our choice. Our server's recommendations were excellent. He obviously knew the menu. Shrimp and grits were excellent and the strawberry stuffed French toast was memorable. Restaurant has a great view of the inlet. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We loved it. Our waiter was excellent and we really enjoyed the night. They even helped us ice the cooler on the boat. Would highly recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining eveningknickersDined on 9/6/2014We actually sat in the bar area outside and was taken care of and entertained by Riley. The breeze was delightful, he was charming, and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Never disapointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014The Boathouse on Breach Inlet is a must do restuarant when visitng the beach! Wonderful menu at a very fair price.Special Features:
- Undercooked PorkGogolDined on 9/5/2014Sent a pork chop back twice and it came back red, not pink in the middle. Started tasting like rubber after the 2nd attempt at microwave. Must have been frozen to start and never thawed properly.Special Features:
- firsttimerVIPDined on 9/5/2014First time, last time. How could a waterfront restaurant have an entire room with no views? Extremely rushed service. Smallest piece of Grouper I have ever seen, surrounded by large scoops of side stuff. My guest said the crab cakes were just bad. And I made reservations for this? Live in Mount Pleasant, but won't be back!
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2014Great food and view. Enjoy the Crows Nest for a drink before dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantIlandGirlDined on 9/4/2014No matter what you order, the food and service is excellent. The view from the Crow's Nest is awesome. When family and friends come visiting, they always include the Boathouse as a "must" in their schedule of events.Special Features:
- my experiencemrbillDined on 9/2/2014The food was great, the Waitress was superb, the atmosphere was great, few overly loud people. The hostess was the rudest I have ever encountered. The bar and bartender were a great combination. Very friendly and quick. The hostess was not. My first trip to the area, not the last, the first trip to your restaurant, and not the last.Special Features:
- 360viewsDined on 8/31/2014Visit the Crows Nest for sunset! You won't be disappointed! Food, service and views are all awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor barOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Sat at the outdoor bar and enjoyed a full meal there as well. Great bartender very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014This was some of the best prepared seafood that we have had in some time. I had the Grilled Mahi Mahi and my wife had the grilled grouper. Both were terriffic and the sides were all perfect. After dinner at the rooftop bar for a couple of after dinner beers and a great view of the sunset over the intercoastal waterway was the perfect way to spend our evening together. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMtpdinerDined on 8/28/2014We took our out of town family to the boathouse for dinner. We had a great time. They brought out the dinner for our 15 month old granddaughter with the appetizers so she wouldn't have too long to wait. Fresh fish, amazing Gouda Mac and cheese and calamari were the high lights of our meal. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food awesome viewMaggie128Dined on 8/27/2014We stopped here for Happy Hour on the upper deck. Great water views with dolphins swimming! Bartender and manager very friendly. Had dinner on the patio enjoying a broiled seafood platter and my husband enjoyed the special -- filet mignon, crab cake, and lobster tail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once a MonthCoach420Dined on 8/24/2014Always good service and excellent seafood. Upper deck bar great for watching the dolphins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunset during dinnerLauraDined on 8/23/2014Glad we had a reservation- it was busy. Food and service were both very good- enjoyed the flounder and crab cake special. Key lime pie was good- not the best we had. The sun setting over the water certainly made for a lovely and romantic setting.Special Features:
- broken a.c.lovefoodDined on 8/23/2014Food was average, nothing really impressive, but the view. Air conditioning system wasn't working, which made for a sweaty wait staff and patrons.Special Features:
- Favorite spotcrabcakeloverDined on 8/22/2014Whenever in Isle of Palm, this is a go-to restaurant for excellent seafood. Particularly love the crab cakes with bleu cheese cole slaw. This visit we sat inside but it was so hot it felt like we were outside. On busy summer Friday nights, this is more likely the case. Great valet parking (free). Upstairs outdoor bar great for watching the sunset.Special Features:
- Not so goodHappydinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014One of us ordered the Salmon and had to send it back. It tasted terrible....like it was way past its prime. That was right after a roach fell on my husband's shirt. My filet was not cooked to the temperature I requested. The cocktails were just so so. The waitress was really good and efficient though. The place was very crowded, and the couple seated next to us could barely get into their seats, a bench and a chair. The restaurant should take out some tables, and not try to squeeze in so many people. It will be a long time before we go there again.
- Local seafood w/ view of inletOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Wonderfully lightly breaded wild local fried shrimp and other local seafood. Good service, but overcooked greens!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud, but worth itajaxDined on 8/17/2014this restaurant was definitely vibrant with drunk locals. But, it was totally fine because our waitress made up for it and then some.....two thumbs up!!
- loud noisy and drippySCgalDined on 8/17/2014Very loud unruly children and inebriated adults. Condensation dripping on our heads. Average food. Our server was great but that didnt make up for other issues. Wont be backSpecial Features:
- excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Another wonderful meal. The wait staff handled our large party flawlessly and the food was outstanding. The collards could've been a tad warmer but a small issue on an otherwise great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedluv2dineDined on 8/16/2014Expectations were much higher based on reviews we had read. At 5:45 p.m. on a Sat nite they were out of a wine we had asked for as well as out of Mahi. They did offer an alternative wine which was quite good so we were pleased with that. Croutons in salad were rubbery and flounder was very average for the price. Staff was very friendly but we would just classify the food and ambience as very average.Special Features:
- top notch seafoodmdnqualityVIPDined on 8/15/2014we've been there 4 times now and each time the food was excellent! A bit noisy but a fun casual atmosphere with a great view.Special Features:
- too noisyMarvell1Dined on 8/15/2014The food and service were excellent, but the noise level was unacceptable. The tables are much too close together, and the place itself allows high noise volume. We do not expect a silent restaurant, but would expect to be able to hear the waiter and ourselves speak.
- MamommyMamommyDined on 8/14/2014Great food,wonderful view. Food was a little slow coming out but well worth the waitSpecial Features:
- Were we unwelcomed?CharlestonFoodieDined on 8/14/2014We have not been here for quite some time. We were escorted to our table without any greeting. We were seated outside without being asked it that was our preference. The sun was shining on the table but the hostess just put our menus on the table and left. A waiter observed this and came over and lowered the blind. Our waitress showed no interest in our meal. I felt my questions were annoying her. I had a grilled swordfish which was very good. My husband had crabcakes which he did not like. The only personal attention we received from the waitress was when she returned our credit card and referred to my husband by name. Tip time? When we exited the restaurant no one at the hostess desk said thank you or good evening.Special Features:
- Special occasion dinnerlovecharlestondiningDined on 8/13/2014The Boathouse was outstanding from the time we arrived until we departed. Our food was great as was the service. I chose the Boathouse specifically because of the broiled seafood platter which exceeded my expectations. My husband's flounder over crab cake was excellent as well. Plus, we were treated to a complimentary dessert - a chocolate mousse cake that was delicious. I'm sure we will make many return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovethebeachlovethebeachDined on 8/12/2014We always include a night at The Boathouse while on vacation at Wild Dunes. It is a family tradition that we do this every year. Looking forward to next year. The food is always great and the service is efficient. We love to sit on the screened porch and see the views. Always fun for the adults and the kids.....Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD WITH A VIEWtpoorDined on 8/12/2014Had some out of towners that were staying on the MT Pleasant side of town so this was close option for them. First let me say, The Boathouse always has great food, selections, service. But the dining room is entirely to noisy. People are sat very close to each others tables and between that and the noise its just a deal killer for me. We were trying to discuss some business but with other guest sitting so close and the noise it was a bad choice. God forbid they sit you near noisy kids. While we were there a family had a kid that was 30' away and it sounded like they were right next to us! Just a kid being loud, but it was loud! I liked the location on East Bay. While they had some tables close to others most were 4 party friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I have been here 2 times in three weeks. I have a daughter that is in a wheelchair. They do not have a ramp, but have a lift out front. It wasn't working three weeks ago and still doesn't work. They said they would have it fixed, but did not. the manager told me he has put this on the list for the owners to do for over a year now and nothing has been done. It is actually state law to be handicap assessable . They took us through some gravel and over several humps that without help we could not have made it. Because the only place they could get us too was the porch thats where we went. I had reservations at 7:15, but we had to wait for 45 mins to get a table because we couldn't get inside. The food was not up to par at allSpecial Features:
- Great seafood and viewsFoodZ72VIPDined on 8/10/2014We often bring visitors to the Boathouse because we can enjoy drinks & expansive views on the rooftop bar before dining. There is no better water view in the Low Country, in my opinion. The seafood is always fresh, varied, and delicious with several side options. There's choices for landlubbers too.Special Features:
- Fantastic fresh seafoodsunsetwavesDined on 8/9/2014Reservations made, seated on time, we loved our large booth for our party of five! The calamari was excellent-hot and crispy-great sauce with the right heat. We ordered fresh fish, fried oysters and shrimp-all were delicious and generous portions! We had a dolphin sighting as an added bonus! The location on this restaurant is perfect for Wild Dunes guests!We will return on our vacation next year:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.