Boathouse White Rock
14935 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC V4B 1C3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse White Rock
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: (604) 536-7320
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse White Rock
We are proud to present an extensive selection of great recipes, wines, and unique cocktails to provide you with an amazing west coast dining experience. Join us in our relaxed, casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Boathouse White Rock - Best Restaurants in White Rock ›
Boathouse White Rock reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (85)special occasion (56)romantic (35)good for groups (31)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (12)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Coconut CodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Always order the coconut cod, this was the first time I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbDined on 11/19/2014Everything in the restaurant was fine. Only things to mention. 1 Why do servers want to take away a plate or drink when it is not finished? Wait until the last drop of a drink is gone and when there is no more food on the plate, or simply ask, " Are you done with this". 2 First impressions are important. The main floor lobby and elevator need cleaning. Floors and walls need to be deep cleaned and painted. Looks like they use this area for food transportation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boathouse White RockuncleDined on 11/11/2014We were greeted by a friendly hostess and a spectacular sunset to a birthday dinner for two. The chowder was a perfect starter, and our meals met all expectations. The service was timely and the complimentary birthday desert capped a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most excellent restaurant, period.HighwayStarDined on 11/11/2014Again, Boathouse White Rock was nothing but fantastic (I was there early September last time). I took my mom and nieces there for lunch on Remembrance Day and had the most enjoyable lunch. The food was delicious, service by Chelsie was excellent, and the view was gorgeous. I look forward to my next meal at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Screwed over - didn't get advertised 1,000 pointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/10/2014Even though this restaurant is advertised as a 1,000 point table in OpenTable's newsletter, they don't always offer it. Make sure your apps says 1,000 points, otherwise you will get ripped off. I booked for a 7:15 pm table, thinking that I would get the 1,000 points. When I arrived early at the restaurant, I noticed that I was only getting 100 points according to the app, even though my 7:15 pm timeslot was now being offered for 1,000 points. The hostess and waitress were totally clueless. I should have cancelled my booking and rebooked even though I was already seated, as I would have likely got my 1,000 points. I did contact the restaurant afterwards through the website, but did not get any response.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Our waitress was energetic, timely, knowledgeable, funny and truly appreciated.Special Features:
- Poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Very poor value for the dollar. My $38.00 Lobster Thermador had very little lobster. Steak was tough and the whole meal had clearly sat under a heat lamp for some time. Others in our party felt the same. This is now our third disappointing dinner experience at this facility. Not likely to go back.Special Features:
- The birthday girlsScorpioBirthdayGirlsDined on 11/8/2014... Nice to have the sparklers on our birthday desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stormy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014It was a dark and stormy night.....with very few people (it was early), the ocean was magnificent - with the wind crashing the waves against beach. The power flickered only once, but we were able to complete our dinner and dessert, wonderful meal and great service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and poor qualityFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/1/2014Nice spot, but way out of line on price. one meal was good, but one was BAD. Lumpy and dry mashed potato, raw carrots and a Very tough steak. Mgr.made a good effort to look after us, but this is the third time we have been served poorly prepared food. Won't return.Special Features:
- Dining experienceDustyDined on 10/26/2014The food was good . Seafood chowder and lobster bisque good . The steaks were good and much better than we had from the keg. The seafood pasta was delicious . The service was good and the prices were probably comparable. The view of course was like only white rock beach can provide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfrendDined on 10/26/2014We liked the menu choices and felt that the food was good value. Everything was great!Special Features:
- no heat on, salad overdressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014service was lacking once food was ordered, waitress seem to disappear, we sat we with empty plates in front of us for at least 15 minutes and had to ask for them to be cleared. She presented our bill before she asked if there was anything else. Food was good as always except the salad they served was horrible, 4 x the dressing needed, it was brown from so much dressing had to send back and waitress not very attentive to getting something else lined up quickly so person did not order anything else and left the brunch hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy the night time with friendsdragonDined on 10/23/2014the food was not very impressive, but good for a dining environment.Special Features:
- A dark and rainy noghtmrkpennyDined on 10/22/2014Met a friend there as her suggestion and wasn't dissapponted. There weren't many people there and I never felt suffocated or rushed by the server. Our food was delicious and will go back again or even try one of the other locations. I thought the $$$ was very reasonable based on the location, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWinegirlDined on 10/10/2014Brought my parents in for their "famous lobster festival" we have never raved so much about how good the food was the Lobster was soo sweet and a great portion. We all were in food coma after the lobster ravioli! Chelsie was our server and she was amazing it was a beautiful fine dinning experience to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster FestMidgeDined on 10/5/2014Excellent view, beautiful day, good service. Big disappointment-no whole lobster left! Server made up for it by giving us a slightly larger portion of the regular lobster dinner.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchSundaybrunchDined on 10/5/2014Was just ok food was fair a little over priced for what it was . Service staff was in a hurry to turn he table. Restaurant was clean Nothing to wrote home about. Have been to this place before so there were no surprises but the view is what this spot is all about and nature did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.DaleDined on 10/4/2014We made reservations but because of previous customers not leaving their tables as expected, we were seated a half-hour late. No big deal for us as we had lots of time and had had a late lunch. However, the manager apologized and offered a free appetizer for the inconvenience. That was a nice surprise. The restaurant was worth the wait and the food was excellent. I am celiac and need to eat gluten-free. Although they do not have a special menu, the server was very knowledgeable and knew which dishes I could eat and which ones they would be able to modify to eliminate the gluten. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Love the OceanMacNChannyDined on 10/3/2014First time here, but had some good reviews. Really nice atmosphere with great views of the ocean, wish I had asked for a table next to the window! Next time. All in all will definitely be coming back to this delightful restaurant! Loved the blackened steelhead ! Nice spice!Special Features:
- long wait for foodsnowyowl2014VIPDined on 10/1/2014They took forever to serve our beverage and food. They don't have enough staff. I found a fly beside my fresh oysters. I ordered coconut shrimp and calamari.. they didn't give me any dip until I asked for it. I also ordered salmon / scallops.. the salmon is over cooked and dried. They got nice view, but food is not good as horseshoe bay ' s and downtown's.Special Features:
- Birthday SpecialIamKenDined on 9/28/2014Decided to take our grandson here for lunch to celebrate his 7th birthday. The server was exceptionally engaging with our grandson and really helped him choose his meal. (Cheeseburger...lol). In the meantime my wife and I really enjoyed our Halibut meals - one simply grilled and the other 'miso' crusted(?). All meals well well prepared and nicely presented. And well priced for a slightly upscale venue. We will be back.Special Features:
- Memorable!HarryDined on 9/27/2014We took my in-laws for their 50th Wedding anniversary and were pleasantly impressed. They made the proper seating for our occasion, including placing my mother-in-law comfortably in an area for her wheelchair that did not interfere with any other diners or servers, thus, she wasn't self-conscious and looking over her shoulder or being banged by passers by. The food was wonderful - there was one error that was quickly corrected and taken care of. A complimentary dessert was brought to the anniversary couple. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.Special Features:
- DisappointingLinmanDined on 9/21/2014We have enjoyed going to the Boathouse for many years. It has been one of our local favourites. This time we felt let-down, badly. The service was terrible, the restaurant was virtually empty, yet our drinks order took for ever to be served (with apologies, when they eventually arrived! ) Our meals for four persons were served with one person missing. So annoying! We had to remind our server twice for our friends coffee's to be re-filled. We felt obligated to leave a gratuity! for this mediocre and expensive lunch and were reluctant to complain. After years of enjoying AND recommending this restaurant, we will think twice before going again.
- Poor ServicejancarmitDined on 9/20/2014Group of 6 and we were served our dinner at 3 separate times. First meal was served and finished before the next 4 meals were served. Then another five minutes went by before the last person got their meal. Then they automatically added 18% tip to the bill which my husband changed to 15% which he thought was still too generous. We will not return.Special Features:
- Enjoyed ourselvesJustmeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Altogether an enjoyable lunch celebrating a 90th birthday. Nice touch bringing a lovely mud pie dessert for the birthday girl. Not convinced the server knew anything about beer. She tried to tell us the Granville Island Pale Ale was actually a Pail Ale - she said it was brewed in a pail hence the name. Hmmm...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place and great foodEat001eatDined on 9/19/2014We come to the boat house in white rock once in a while and it has always been a wonderful place to visit. My friends and I usually come for brunch on Sunday and we all agree that the dinner experience is just as great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014The rooftop is a beautiful place to dine. The view is wonderful and great day or evening. It was our first time on the roof but will not be the last.
- The service and food were not goodDiningMamaVIPDined on 9/7/2014The service and food were not up to boathouse standards. Server kept disappearing. Veggies were soggy. steak was burned. My potatoes and steak sauce were forgotten and by the time they came out steak was cold. Server never came back to take our drink order. Forgot to bring our bread- came out at the same time As our entrees. Could never find server. Very negative experience. Not up to boathouse standardsSpecial Features:
- ThedininglifeDined on 9/7/2014The view from the Boathouse is spectacular. The ocean is so close and all the action on the beach walk and road is interesting. The service was very attentive when we were there which was at 1:30 on a Sunday afternoon. The food was certainly very good and no one in our party of four had any complaints. The presentation of the food on the plates was especially attractive and a number of sounds of appreciation went up when the food arrived at the table. I have a loyalty card for the Boathouse (Landrys) and by this visit I had earned a $25 discount. It was a wonderful place to take our guests to impress them, without being too expensive. God bless you everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014Very nice restaurant, great food and great service. Requested a window seat and we received one, terrific view. Only thing is special occasions only, can not afford to come to something like this on the spur of a moment. Too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014My friend was craving for seafood that night and he always wanted to try different places so we decided to try the boathouse in white rock. Turned out he was a little disappointed as some of the crabs tastes funny. But the seafood pasta I ordered was great. I will go back to try different dishes in the future. It is on the beach with fantastic sea view. Service was slow but friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightPennyDined on 9/3/2014Wonderful quiet location for a Date Night during the week and a walk along the pier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!Jhelms16Dined on 9/1/2014Good dining experiance service was a little slow but overall we enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most outstanding!HighwayStarDined on 9/1/2014This is by far my favourite restaurant in the Greater Vancouver Area. We ordered Northwest Seafood Pasta and Mussel Steamer Pot, and also had West Coast Seafood Chowder. Everything we ordered was fantastic and delicious. Our server Rachel was most excellent. She was very kind, friendly, and always attentive to our needs. No wonder it is my favourite restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Server was not the most attentive. As I had made a special note in messages through my OpenTable reservation I had expected that the staff would have been aware and handled the experience differently from the normal greeting, etc. Better communication between OpenTable and the restaurant would have made a world of difference for us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, Service lackingrobertDined on 8/23/2014I took almost 15 minutes to get any service after we sat down and we had to ask for water and then they wanted to take our entire order. There are a lot of people working but it looks like they could be much more efficient. The food made up for the lack of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedAnnpbcDined on 8/18/2014We had been to this restaurant on several occasions before, but previous time felt that the food was not as good as it had been in the past. However, this visit changed all of that. The food was excellent and we will be back soon. The Heirloom tomato salad was good and beautifully presented. Main course was wild salmon with citrus marmalade which was superb. The other guests had baseball steaks, which were cooked exactly as ordered. No room for dessert! The view is wonderful especially at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seams2FitDined on 8/17/2014We were seated by the window, had a great view, fantastic food and excellent service. Would not hesitate to eat there again.Special Features:
- MarilyneDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed our evening at the Boathouse. The service was quick and the server very personable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.