Boathouse White Rock
14935 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC V4B 1C3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse White Rock
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: 6045367320x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse White Rock
We are proud to present an extensive selection of great recipes, wines, and unique cocktails to provide you with an amazing west coast dining experience. Join us in our relaxed, casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Boathouse White Rock - Best Restaurants in White Rock ›
Boathouse White Rock reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)special occasion (57)romantic (40)good for groups (33)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (16)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OutstandingWinegirlDined on 10/10/2014Brought my parents in for their "famous lobster festival" we have never raved so much about how good the food was the Lobster was soo sweet and a great portion. We all were in food coma after the lobster ravioli! Chelsie was our server and she was amazing it was a beautiful fine dinning experience to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster FestMidgeDined on 10/5/2014Excellent view, beautiful day, good service. Big disappointment-no whole lobster left! Server made up for it by giving us a slightly larger portion of the regular lobster dinner.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchSundaybrunchDined on 10/5/2014Was just ok food was fair a little over priced for what it was . Service staff was in a hurry to turn he table. Restaurant was clean Nothing to wrote home about. Have been to this place before so there were no surprises but the view is what this spot is all about and nature did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.DaleDined on 10/4/2014We made reservations but because of previous customers not leaving their tables as expected, we were seated a half-hour late. No big deal for us as we had lots of time and had had a late lunch. However, the manager apologized and offered a free appetizer for the inconvenience. That was a nice surprise. The restaurant was worth the wait and the food was excellent. I am celiac and need to eat gluten-free. Although they do not have a special menu, the server was very knowledgeable and knew which dishes I could eat and which ones they would be able to modify to eliminate the gluten. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Love the OceanMacNChannyDined on 10/3/2014First time here, but had some good reviews. Really nice atmosphere with great views of the ocean, wish I had asked for a table next to the window! Next time. All in all will definitely be coming back to this delightful restaurant! Loved the blackened steelhead ! Nice spice!Special Features:
- long wait for foodsnowyowl2014VIPDined on 10/1/2014They took forever to serve our beverage and food. They don't have enough staff. I found a fly beside my fresh oysters. I ordered coconut shrimp and calamari.. they didn't give me any dip until I asked for it. I also ordered salmon / scallops.. the salmon is over cooked and dried. They got nice view, but food is not good as horseshoe bay ' s and downtown's.Special Features:
- Birthday SpecialIamKenDined on 9/28/2014Decided to take our grandson here for lunch to celebrate his 7th birthday. The server was exceptionally engaging with our grandson and really helped him choose his meal. (Cheeseburger...lol). In the meantime my wife and I really enjoyed our Halibut meals - one simply grilled and the other 'miso' crusted(?). All meals well well prepared and nicely presented. And well priced for a slightly upscale venue. We will be back.Special Features:
- Memorable!HarryDined on 9/27/2014We took my in-laws for their 50th Wedding anniversary and were pleasantly impressed. They made the proper seating for our occasion, including placing my mother-in-law comfortably in an area for her wheelchair that did not interfere with any other diners or servers, thus, she wasn't self-conscious and looking over her shoulder or being banged by passers by. The food was wonderful - there was one error that was quickly corrected and taken care of. A complimentary dessert was brought to the anniversary couple. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.Special Features:
- DisappointingLinmanDined on 9/21/2014We have enjoyed going to the Boathouse for many years. It has been one of our local favourites. This time we felt let-down, badly. The service was terrible, the restaurant was virtually empty, yet our drinks order took for ever to be served (with apologies, when they eventually arrived! ) Our meals for four persons were served with one person missing. So annoying! We had to remind our server twice for our friends coffee's to be re-filled. We felt obligated to leave a gratuity! for this mediocre and expensive lunch and were reluctant to complain. After years of enjoying AND recommending this restaurant, we will think twice before going again.
- Poor ServicejancarmitDined on 9/20/2014Group of 6 and we were served our dinner at 3 separate times. First meal was served and finished before the next 4 meals were served. Then another five minutes went by before the last person got their meal. Then they automatically added 18% tip to the bill which my husband changed to 15% which he thought was still too generous. We will not return.Special Features:
- Enjoyed ourselvesJustmeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Altogether an enjoyable lunch celebrating a 90th birthday. Nice touch bringing a lovely mud pie dessert for the birthday girl. Not convinced the server knew anything about beer. She tried to tell us the Granville Island Pale Ale was actually a Pail Ale - she said it was brewed in a pail hence the name. Hmmm...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place and great foodEat001eatDined on 9/19/2014We come to the boat house in white rock once in a while and it has always been a wonderful place to visit. My friends and I usually come for brunch on Sunday and we all agree that the dinner experience is just as great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014The rooftop is a beautiful place to dine. The view is wonderful and great day or evening. It was our first time on the roof but will not be the last.
- The service and food were not goodDiningMamaVIPDined on 9/7/2014The service and food were not up to boathouse standards. Server kept disappearing. Veggies were soggy. steak was burned. My potatoes and steak sauce were forgotten and by the time they came out steak was cold. Server never came back to take our drink order. Forgot to bring our bread- came out at the same time As our entrees. Could never find server. Very negative experience. Not up to boathouse standardsSpecial Features:
- ThedininglifeDined on 9/7/2014The view from the Boathouse is spectacular. The ocean is so close and all the action on the beach walk and road is interesting. The service was very attentive when we were there which was at 1:30 on a Sunday afternoon. The food was certainly very good and no one in our party of four had any complaints. The presentation of the food on the plates was especially attractive and a number of sounds of appreciation went up when the food arrived at the table. I have a loyalty card for the Boathouse (Landrys) and by this visit I had earned a $25 discount. It was a wonderful place to take our guests to impress them, without being too expensive. God bless you everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2014Very nice restaurant, great food and great service. Requested a window seat and we received one, terrific view. Only thing is special occasions only, can not afford to come to something like this on the spur of a moment. Too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014My friend was craving for seafood that night and he always wanted to try different places so we decided to try the boathouse in white rock. Turned out he was a little disappointed as some of the crabs tastes funny. But the seafood pasta I ordered was great. I will go back to try different dishes in the future. It is on the beach with fantastic sea view. Service was slow but friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightPennyDined on 9/3/2014Wonderful quiet location for a Date Night during the week and a walk along the pier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!Jhelms16Dined on 9/1/2014Good dining experiance service was a little slow but overall we enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most outstanding!HighwayStarDined on 9/1/2014This is by far my favourite restaurant in the Greater Vancouver Area. We ordered Northwest Seafood Pasta and Mussel Steamer Pot, and also had West Coast Seafood Chowder. Everything we ordered was fantastic and delicious. Our server Rachel was most excellent. She was very kind, friendly, and always attentive to our needs. No wonder it is my favourite restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Server was not the most attentive. As I had made a special note in messages through my OpenTable reservation I had expected that the staff would have been aware and handled the experience differently from the normal greeting, etc. Better communication between OpenTable and the restaurant would have made a world of difference for us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, Service lackingrobertDined on 8/23/2014I took almost 15 minutes to get any service after we sat down and we had to ask for water and then they wanted to take our entire order. There are a lot of people working but it looks like they could be much more efficient. The food made up for the lack of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedAnnpbcDined on 8/18/2014We had been to this restaurant on several occasions before, but previous time felt that the food was not as good as it had been in the past. However, this visit changed all of that. The food was excellent and we will be back soon. The Heirloom tomato salad was good and beautifully presented. Main course was wild salmon with citrus marmalade which was superb. The other guests had baseball steaks, which were cooked exactly as ordered. No room for dessert! The view is wonderful especially at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seams2FitDined on 8/17/2014We were seated by the window, had a great view, fantastic food and excellent service. Would not hesitate to eat there again.Special Features:
- MarilyneDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed our evening at the Boathouse. The service was quick and the server very personable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnersupper2Dined on 8/11/2014We had dinner and I feel in previous times we have been there that the food was better. I ordered Maple Salmon which after I asked what it came with the waitress told me roast potatoes and then said nothing else, so I asked if there was any vegetables and she said fried peppers. When it came it has the roasted potatoes, green beans (which were really chewy) and one slice of a pepper. As far as it being Maple Salmon I tasted no maple at all. The fish was not to bad. The waitress had to go to the bar to find out what a bottle of Pellagrenno was, which I think she should know. My husband had fish and chips and for the price he got three small pieces of fish. Overall it was what it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Our group of 4 adults and one 12 year old split 2 appetizers, chose modest entrees from the menu, and split 2 desserts with one drink per adult and the tab with their recommended 18% tip was nearly $300. Food quality was pretty good but not special and portion sizes were small. We could have dined on prime rib and lobster elsewhere for around the same price. Nice place but the value isn't there.Special Features:
- DisappointingWillowDined on 8/2/2014I was put in charge of finding a restaurant for a special dinner on our bachelorette weekend in Canada (we live in Seattle). I spent a lot of time combing reviews and searching for just the right place. I thought I'd stumbled upon a great find that would suit a variety of people. We were so disappointed by the results. There were a few glaring problems: - we were there in August during sunset and the restaurant was HOT. Sweat pouring down your back hot. Our waiter seemed miserable. It just didn't seem to be a suitable temperature. It was actually warmer in the restaurant than it was outside. - My white wine was served in a red glass. Not a big deal - but not ideal. - the food was good, but nothing special.Special Features:
- Night out - a miss tonightAhsoujiDined on 8/1/2014Normally the service is excellent, tonight was a miss, food runners were deliver food a number of times to wrong tables, little attention to detail, and spotty service....we normally have zero issues with this place.....water dripping from ceiling - which we've seen before by the bathrooms....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014I always order my favorite, miso-crusted halibut. Always a treat. We had a window seat which was very nice. We went early (6:15)Special Features:
- Rcpal74Dined on 7/31/2014Will not go back to the Boathouse in White Rock! Asked for water when we gave the waitress our drink order. Waitress then went to a table of eight and took their order, after entering that order she finally came back with some water. At least 15 minutes later. It was extremely hot in the dining room. Ordered appetizers and these arrived, then after 5 minutes we received the bread. Ordered fish and chips, fish was good, fries were horrible. We were a table of four, the restaurant was not busy as it was a Thursday night. When the bill came we had given the waitress our two free appetizers cards, but this was not taken off the bill. We then had a new waitress so the bill was fixed up. Received the free appetizers on our last visit in June.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerKerayDined on 7/29/2014Food was good, waiter was ok but talked way too fast. The food was good, but the waiter really didn't talk up the features very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to dine outsideLexusbcDined on 7/26/2014View was great, food was good, noise level was a whole lot less on the roof. Would recommend as a place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewCouplesDined on 7/20/2014We had a window table with a great view of the sunset. Service was good but two dinners came first and had to ask our server to check on the other two dinners. Three of us steakordered the special New York Oscar. They were extremely small steaks. 6oz? My husband's was considerably smaller probably 4oz. We showed our server and she ordered another steak. The manager delivered the second steak with her apologies.Special Features:
- Interesting & BrightnicetogooutDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed meal. It was a special 16th anniversary for daughter & son in law (& grandson). Nice wine. Dinner was enjoyable. Only unfortunate negative was the server. Not very attentive to table & almost forgot what she looked like. Had to often grab someone else to help us. Server have to remember, we can't get up and get it ourselves, or we would just stay home and do it ourselves. That is what an amazing night out is all about, SERVICE & FOOD. Overall. still would try again to visit. Try putting a beef burger on the menu for children. They love burgers. Had to bring sandwich & cheerios just in case this option was not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent everythingDaveKDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent view. I will definitely be a repeat customer.Special Features:
- Great ViewGeorgeVIPDined on 7/14/2014This Boathouse has 3 choices for dining. The rooftop for outside dining, the dining room with great windows for ocean view and the casual bar with menu on the ground floor. I chose the dining room for this trip because it was too hot for the rooftop. The food is great, the ambiance is great and you have 3 choices for eating areas. Also, the big bonus to the Boathouse, is that they joined the Landry's Restaurant group. A nice program, check it out, if you don't have it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryDined on 7/12/2014we had to track down our server after waiting quite awhile to get some water and drinks. After that, she was all right. The food arrived extremely quickly. We hadn't even finished our appies. Only complaint is that we went during the heat wave, and the restaurant had no air conditioning on. It was really hot and stuffy on the second level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealMarylVIPDined on 7/11/2014My 2 guests enjoyed their meal very much. The food and service was excellent. I always enjoy going here for a meal, either lunch or dinner is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtheviewDined on 7/10/2014I have always enjoyed going to the boathouse, with great food, great service and of course a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.