Boathouse White Rock
14935 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC V4B 1C3Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse White Rock
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: 6045367320x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse White Rock
We are proud to present an extensive selection of great recipes, wines, and unique cocktails to provide you with an amazing west coast dining experience. Join us in our relaxed, casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Boathouse White Rock - Best Restaurants in White Rock ›
Boathouse White Rock reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since April 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (107)special occasion (66)romantic (42)good for groups (33)great for outdoor dining (32)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (23)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We were seated by the window, had a great view, fantastic food and excellent service. Would not hesitate to eat there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed our evening at the Boathouse. The service was quick and the server very personable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnersupper2Dined on 8/11/2014We had dinner and I feel in previous times we have been there that the food was better. I ordered Maple Salmon which after I asked what it came with the waitress told me roast potatoes and then said nothing else, so I asked if there was any vegetables and she said fried peppers. When it came it has the roasted potatoes, green beans (which were really chewy) and one slice of a pepper. As far as it being Maple Salmon I tasted no maple at all. The fish was not to bad. The waitress had to go to the bar to find out what a bottle of Pellagrenno was, which I think she should know. My husband had fish and chips and for the price he got three small pieces of fish. Overall it was what it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Our group of 4 adults and one 12 year old split 2 appetizers, chose modest entrees from the menu, and split 2 desserts with one drink per adult and the tab with their recommended 18% tip was nearly $300. Food quality was pretty good but not special and portion sizes were small. We could have dined on prime rib and lobster elsewhere for around the same price. Nice place but the value isn't there.Special Features:
- DisappointingWillowDined on 8/2/2014I was put in charge of finding a restaurant for a special dinner on our bachelorette weekend in Canada (we live in Seattle). I spent a lot of time combing reviews and searching for just the right place. I thought I'd stumbled upon a great find that would suit a variety of people. We were so disappointed by the results. There were a few glaring problems: - we were there in August during sunset and the restaurant was HOT. Sweat pouring down your back hot. Our waiter seemed miserable. It just didn't seem to be a suitable temperature. It was actually warmer in the restaurant than it was outside. - My white wine was served in a red glass. Not a big deal - but not ideal. - the food was good, but nothing special.Special Features:
- Night out - a miss tonightAhsoujiDined on 8/1/2014Normally the service is excellent, tonight was a miss, food runners were deliver food a number of times to wrong tables, little attention to detail, and spotty service....we normally have zero issues with this place.....water dripping from ceiling - which we've seen before by the bathrooms....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014I always order my favorite, miso-crusted halibut. Always a treat. We had a window seat which was very nice. We went early (6:15)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Will not go back to the Boathouse in White Rock! Asked for water when we gave the waitress our drink order. Waitress then went to a table of eight and took their order, after entering that order she finally came back with some water. At least 15 minutes later. It was extremely hot in the dining room. Ordered appetizers and these arrived, then after 5 minutes we received the bread. Ordered fish and chips, fish was good, fries were horrible. We were a table of four, the restaurant was not busy as it was a Thursday night. When the bill came we had given the waitress our two free appetizers cards, but this was not taken off the bill. We then had a new waitress so the bill was fixed up. Received the free appetizers on our last visit in June.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerKerayDined on 7/29/2014Food was good, waiter was ok but talked way too fast. The food was good, but the waiter really didn't talk up the features very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to dine outsideLexusbcDined on 7/26/2014View was great, food was good, noise level was a whole lot less on the roof. Would recommend as a place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewCouplesDined on 7/20/2014We had a window table with a great view of the sunset. Service was good but two dinners came first and had to ask our server to check on the other two dinners. Three of us steakordered the special New York Oscar. They were extremely small steaks. 6oz? My husband's was considerably smaller probably 4oz. We showed our server and she ordered another steak. The manager delivered the second steak with her apologies.Special Features:
- Interesting & BrightnicetogooutDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed meal. It was a special 16th anniversary for daughter & son in law (& grandson). Nice wine. Dinner was enjoyable. Only unfortunate negative was the server. Not very attentive to table & almost forgot what she looked like. Had to often grab someone else to help us. Server have to remember, we can't get up and get it ourselves, or we would just stay home and do it ourselves. That is what an amazing night out is all about, SERVICE & FOOD. Overall. still would try again to visit. Try putting a beef burger on the menu for children. They love burgers. Had to bring sandwich & cheerios just in case this option was not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent everythingDaveKDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent view. I will definitely be a repeat customer.Special Features:
- Great ViewGeorgeVIPDined on 7/14/2014This Boathouse has 3 choices for dining. The rooftop for outside dining, the dining room with great windows for ocean view and the casual bar with menu on the ground floor. I chose the dining room for this trip because it was too hot for the rooftop. The food is great, the ambiance is great and you have 3 choices for eating areas. Also, the big bonus to the Boathouse, is that they joined the Landry's Restaurant group. A nice program, check it out, if you don't have it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryDined on 7/12/2014we had to track down our server after waiting quite awhile to get some water and drinks. After that, she was all right. The food arrived extremely quickly. We hadn't even finished our appies. Only complaint is that we went during the heat wave, and the restaurant had no air conditioning on. It was really hot and stuffy on the second level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealMarylVIPDined on 7/11/2014My 2 guests enjoyed their meal very much. The food and service was excellent. I always enjoy going here for a meal, either lunch or dinner is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtheviewDined on 7/10/2014I have always enjoyed going to the boathouse, with great food, great service and of course a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service inside not so good upOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2014We made a reservation for the second floor dining room. When we arrived we noticed the roof top deck also. The hostess said we were welcome to sit on the deck instead of the dining room. We decided to give the deck a try. We were seated fairly quickly. After being seated we were not greeted quickly. I am a former restaurant manager and noticed at least 2 tables that were seated after us were greeted before we were. After sitting without being greeted for 15 minutes we decided to move back down to the dining room. We were greeted promptly downstairs and had a wonderful dining experience the rest of our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better service dining at The KegFoodieDined on 7/6/2014The food was delicious. We started with the boathouse salad and coconut shrimp. I ordered stuffed prawns and sirloin. My hubby ordered the seafood mix plate with salmon, shrimp, stuffed prawns, and a large scallop. Their food tends to be quite good; we have had a couple times we didn't enjoy it as much so it can be a hit or miss. Their high claim is their seafood, on occasion their salmons tends to be a bit dry and bland. When ordering it is difficult to get what you want without "extra charges" for the slightest thing other restaurants would do without blinking. If a meal comes with broccoli but you would prefer to have another vegetable they will charge you to substitute. They also charge you a fee if you split a salad for an appy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rrgirlDined on 7/4/2014We had a wonderful time. The food, service atmosphere made for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperIslandGalDined on 6/30/2014Good food, great service, friendly atmosphere, fabulous viewSpecial Features:
- Slow servicegood4groupDined on 6/29/2014Even thou the restaurant was only 30% filled, the service was very slow. We ordered 1 dozen fresh oysters and it showed up with 1 wedge of lemon and no spoon to scoop the sauce over the oysters and no small fork to use to eat the oysters. Servers do not come around to ask about the food. We constantly have to wave dt own a server to get service.Special Features:
- dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014For the price I would expect much tastier food. Everything was just plain. Nothing eceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualcpdinerDined on 6/26/2014We have dined at the White Rock Boathouse restaurant several times, usually special occasions. I made the reservation online and when we arrived we had a table by the window as I had requested. The food and service was great.Special Features:
- Amazing!EsalitaDined on 6/26/2014The coconut shrimp was to die for? Say no more, you must try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previous visitsAnnpbcDined on 6/23/2014We have been here several times and not been disappointed with either food or service, but this time it was not as good. The view as always is superb. The restaurant was quite busy for a Monday, but there was ample staff on hand. However, service was a bit slow, food was slow to come and the quality not as good as expected. My salmon caesar salad was average, with the dressing not well mixed through - heavy in some parts, nothing in others. The salmon itself was well cooked but not very tasty. My partner's medallions were OK but not outstanding. We were never asked if we wanted a drink other than water. We may or may not go back which is disappointing as it has been a favorite in the past.Special Features:
- Good food but not great serviceBriBri8Dined on 6/21/2014Food was good but for a reasonably priced restaurant the service wasn't great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Cold dinner plates, manager did nothing about it, all talk ...
- FoodJNKDeltaDined on 6/14/2014Cod Fish & Chips - the fish is oily and the fries looked like a leftover fries and refried the next day. The dirty oil left the fish and chips brown all over.Special Features:
- Out of town guestsIslandGalDined on 6/12/2014My sister and her partner from Alberta were in town briefly, and I wanted to take them to a good ocean view restaurant (you don't get many of those in Alberta). The Boathouse in White Rock has the very best view in town, being right along Marine Drive, and on the second floor of their building. They were so impressed with the view and the friendliness of the welcome. They both ordered salmon, but done differently from each other, and they loved every bite. It was a lovely evening, and I will certainly take other visitors there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch experience was disappointingdisappointedinwhiterockDined on 6/8/2014I've eaten dinner at the Boathouse in Port Moody and Horseshoe Bay. We order the penne seafood and a ceasar salad. We ordered the same for brunch but what the waitress didn't tell us was that the brunch size penne was less than 1/2 the dinner size, didn't come with all the seafood that the menu indicated and also came with a garden salad. We had our ceasar salad appetizer and were dismayed to see more salad when the entree arrived. It would have been nice for the waitress to check with us and ensure that we knew our main dish came with a salad. Also we were expecting bread at the table and when we asked we were told the bread was only for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014The service & food were very good ..... however, I made a reservation early in the day, about noon & requested a table by the window looking to the water ...... we arrived to a table as far from the window as you can get facing the west, setting sun which meant most of the meal was wearing sunglasses! I spoke with the manager who explained the reservation means they will guarantee a table only! Why do you Open Table have a box to request special service when it can not be followed or provided?? I will not reserve through you again ..... there is no point if we can only have a table guaranteed. Thank you but no thanks .......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad foodHonestPersonDined on 6/6/2014We have ordered the seafood platform to share, a salmon burger and a seafood chowder. Everything taste bad. I think food at Earles is a lot better than that boathouse.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The addition of the 18% tip automatically being added to the billi was not expected and was annoying. Tipping should be based on service, not assuming that service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014The service was very good. The side dishes like the vegetables was cold and uncooked. The wine was good. The vegetables were uneatable.Special Features:
- The Boathouse White RockCfoodLoverDined on 6/4/2014Although the view was spectacular and the ambiance was pleasant, the food was not hot and was decidedly average, particularly when related to the price. Service was adequate but not special in any sense. Overall a little disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2014Went for their early dining special (before 6:00) which was smaller portions of their regular menu. A really hungry person would not be satisfied. Had 5 coconut prawns with fries which were a pitiful few. Service was efficient although not very friendly.Special Features:
- perfectboathouseregDined on 6/3/2014I love eating at the Boathouse. The prices are reasonable and the food is fantastic. I got to have a strawberry cheesecake with a chocolate crust that I've never had there before. Yum!!!! Lobster was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back again soon!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014Went here recently with a friend. We got lucky and got a spot on the rooftop balcony. It was great to be overlooking the water and watching the sunset. The food never fails to disappoint. We had the crab cakes and sweet chilli chicken for appetizers (highly recommend both), and I had the coconut shrimp and fries and my friend had the coconut pacific cod for our mains. We both enjoyed our meals and the portions were a nice size as well (I had enough left over for another meal the next day at work). This place is great if you just want to relax after work, socialize casually with friends or have a nice night out with a special someone. I prefer this location to some other locations as it has more of a laidback and relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boathouse RooftopJPOuelletteDined on 5/31/2014With great views and a beautiful night, I can't imagine bringing my wife anywhere else. the sunset was just about perfect and to people watch the boathouse has the perfect space for people watching and dining progressively.Special Features: