Boat House Waterfront Dining
227 Schooner Drive
Villages at Mount Hope
Tiverton, RI 02878Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Boat House Waterfront Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathousetiverton.com/
- Phone: 4016246300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday
11:30 - 9pm
Friday & Saturday
11:30 - 10pm
11:00 - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Julio Lazzarini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our southern patio offers exquisite views of the Sakonnet River. The venue is the perfect setting for an event under our awning. We are happy to accommodate cocktail receptions or private dining events. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Boat House 888-759-5557x
A word from Boat House Waterfront Dining
Nestled in the exquisite farming and seaside community of Tiverton, Rhode Island, the Boat House offers waterfront dining on the Sakonnet River. A contemporary and upscale twist on the quintessential seaside eatery, the menu is abundant with fresh, local seafood, meats and organic produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Boat House Waterfront Dining - Best Restaurants in Tiverton ›
Boat House Waterfront Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
381 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (340)great for outdoor dining (305)special occasion (241)romantic (199)great for lunch (151)fit for foodies (142)neighborhood gem (111)great for brunch (96)good for groups (75)vibrant bar scene (49)notable wine list (48)hot spot (46)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (18)Show More
- FurbDined on 8/27/2014It was a great experience, as always. Our waitress was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Beautiful, stunning sunset over the water, flowing in the giant open windows, people filling the tables from one open covered deck on on end to the other on the north end, food to perfection, central bar keeping up with the demand, service that rolled with our every mood change. Just a spectacular place to dine, especially in warm weather with the sun falling into the distant landscape. Look forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014After dining earlier in the summer at The Boat House and having had a delightful evening and very good food, we were so surprised at the difference when we returned the other evening. It was as though it was a totally different restaurant. The server was pleasant but inattentive and the food was beyond mediocre for the price. We shall probably never return even though the setting is lovely.Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Great meal and evening for the four of us. Couldn't ask for a better sunset and the food and service complimented everything.Special Features:
- The PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I love this place for food and ambiance. Have never been anyplace better in my 65 years.Special Features:
- Sunday Lunch in the SunGerryDined on 8/24/2014Another great lunch at Boathouse this past Sunday. Reservations as we asked, at a window. Service, drinks, meal, scenic view..........what else to say. it was very very good, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was my first visit and I was pleasantly surprised. The views were amazing, the restaurant busy and food was phenomenal . I started with a cup of their clam chowder then we had the Lobster Friitas, they were even good reheated the next day. Main Entree was the grilled scallops and shrimp in the lemon vinaigrette. Followed by a scoop of Mint Gelato! Service was ok, seemed a little slow. Had to wait over 10 minutes for gelato to make it to the table, cream brulee maybe, but gelato. We would totally come back again!Special Features:
- ExceptionalJeffRDined on 8/23/2014Once again the Boathouse was exceptional. It's clearly the best restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- ThedDined on 8/23/2014Great food, service, and view. I will defintiely reutrn.Special Features:
- Great FindTennisfanDined on 8/22/2014This was my first time at The Boathouse and won't be the last. Was vacationing in the area and looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate my parent's 64 wedding anniversary. This fit the bill perfectly. Got a table by the window the food and service was outstanding. Great place for any occasion.Special Features:
- kgoodwinekgoodwineDined on 8/20/2014I love dining here and have had many enjoyable meals and good times, I love taking people here, especially when they have not been here before. On my last visit there was a leak coming from under the bar at quite a fast rate. Whenever the bus boy came over to clean it up, a dirty mop and dirty water was used which did not make for the most pleasant dining.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentElishkaDined on 8/20/2014I've done a number of reviews because I go here so often. There's a reason for that -- best restaurant around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite restaurantsoopDined on 8/19/2014A beautiful summer night and sunset ! Gorgeous view, variety of tables in and outside (high tops, booths, tables). Large windows open up on a nice night , giving you a wide open view of the water and sky...breathtaking. The service is spot on and the food delicious, different, and a good variety offered. This is our favorite restaurant in the area!! Its a step above, yet remains elegantly casual! I would highly recommend it!! If you have friends or family in town, take them! They will have a wonderful experience!!Special Features:
- Lovely view.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014This time we had a great afternoon. Last time I ate here, I wrote to tell you about my experience and heard nothing from you. A year ago I ordered a martini and the busboy knocked it over and broke the glass on our table. The bar sent me a " half of a martini" to replace the one that was knocked over. Really thought long and hard about returning to the Boathouse.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great place to meet old friends. They gave us plenty of time to catch up and chat. Meals were good. Having the open table option for making a reservation was very helpful. Staff wS very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Everything you wantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great setting, excellent and ample food and great service comes all together at the Boat House with the added attraction at dinner of watching the sun set over the water.Special Features:
- You MUST go!HeatherMacDined on 8/17/2014If you want to eat REALLY well on the water, then you should NOT miss the Boat House! Amazing kitchen staff, fresh local ingredients prepared the right way, attentive staff, and a view worth driving for. FINALLY, someone got it right! The portions were just on the edge of being too much, however even with our full bellies, we could've kept going...it was that good! Fish and Chips were perfection, BBQ half chicken amazing, seafood stew was outrageous! We have found our happy place on the water and almost don't want to share how amazing it is as we want to keep it all to ourselves! But if you enjoy a truly wonderful dining experience in an amazing setting, you can not miss The Boat House!Special Features:
- Summer PerfectBottomline222VIPDined on 8/17/2014If you are looking for the perfect outside dinning spot for the Summer (Spring & Fall also) the Boat House is it. Great seafood, great drinks and a great waterfront view. The oysters were some of the best I ever had and everyone including our non seafood eater had a great meal. We will be back.Special Features:
- First-time dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful ambiance, good food, exceptional waiter.....we loved it, and as renters in the area will be back again next year!Special Features:
- Great once againnewbeefoodieDined on 8/16/2014Great as usual. Food service and atmosphere all first rate. Open table reservation was made two weeks in advance with table preference of outside or by a window. We had a 730 reservation and we seated fifteen min early. We had what I would say was the best table in the house. Corner table with both Windows open to a fantastic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotHappyEaterDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time at this restaurant. The location is amazing. I was very happy with the service. Here's my disappointment .. they ran out of veggie burgers. Our reservations were early ... so it's very interesting that they ran out of anything at that point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boathouse keeps getting betterSuzeVIPDined on 8/16/2014From the greeting at the door to our wonderful dessert it was a great dining experience.. The tomato and mozzarella app was the best ever. The fresh Mozzarella was excellent. My fried oysters were a very flavorful dish. The oyster were cooked to perfection and the accompanying sauces were fabulous.the pasta with all the great was seafood was another outstanding bowl of flavors. Our waiter Joe did a perfect job... We have been enjoying the boathouse since it's opening but this meal was the best ever.Special Features:
- An in spotrettsgramDined on 8/15/2014At 6:30 the parking lot was filling up and the noise level was already rising, but with our reservation, we were seated in an outdoor but covered room with zippzble sides which were needed as the evening cooled. Service was very attentive, the bread was cloud like, soft inside and crunchy on the outside. I ordered the ala carte seafood and sides, which was a more plain entree than my table mate's were, all who had more lovely and more thoughtful presentations and combinations of flavors. All enjoyed the entrees which were so large we skipped dessert. Would definitley go back again!Special Features:
- Always great!LovegreatrestaurantsDined on 8/14/2014Great food, lovely setting, wonderful service. Clean and beautiful with great views yearlong. The patio in summer is just the best place to dine! We've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Best View AND Food!ElishkaDined on 8/13/2014The Boathouse has become my favorite restaurant. The food is consistently really good and the service impeccable (when it opened a few years ago, service was not so good, but they've fixed that totally). The view is truly amazing and they are good about honoring requests for a window table. I've introduced a number of friends and family to this place and they all love it as much as I do!Special Features:
- Great Summertime DinenewbieDined on 8/12/2014A wonderful evening with excellent food in an even better setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing waterfront diningLocalfoodieDined on 8/11/2014Perfect spot for a relaxing waterfront dinner. Service was professional and friendly. Food was well prepared with interesting choices and beautifully plated. We go here often for lunch, dinner, special occasions, or just to sit in an adirondack chair and enjoy the sunset over the water with a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING AND WORTH EVERY PENNYDocKCDined on 8/11/2014We loved our visit to the Boathouse. We went with our 8 year old daughter and really thought it would be a challenge. However, with the views she was entertained and very happy. Our server was outstanding, made suggestions, learned our tastes, was courteous and not offput by having an 8 year old at the table. Had a window seat which could not have been more lovely. We tried calamari which was amazing, clam chowder also great. My husband and I eat out a lot and this was a true standout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boat House RIDelish111Dined on 8/10/2014I found the Boat House to be a RI Gem. Heather our waitress was fantastic and her recommendations were perfect. I enjoyed their house chowder and corn fritters. Our food was excellent!! We are in the food business and my dad is a well known RI chef, he can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful dining experience, good food, good service, great view.Special Features:
- Wow! BreathtakingHdhejVIPDined on 8/9/2014The views from this restaurant are absolutely fantastic overlooking the sea. The food was cooked perfectly and seasoned just enough to add a bit of flavor. My Mother's gluten and dairy diet was handled easily.Special Features:
- Great atmospherecmedDined on 8/8/2014Great food and drinks with an outstanding view. Waiter had great recommendations on the menu. Gluten free food available upon request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the viewBobsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Sunset at the Boathouse is truly spectacular. Looking across the water and watching the last rays of sunlight and a blue blue sky is a highlight of the summer in RI. The food is adequate , as is the service. Part of the Newport chain of restaurants, the Boathouse does not achieve the quality of the food found at the other locations. The chef is a bit ambitious with some of his combinations. Overall, however, you can't beat the location and there Re plenty of choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super place to go with friendsLobsterloverDined on 8/7/2014Our lunch at the Boat House made our day. Gorgeous weather with all windows open in order to enjoy the view and fresh air. The lobster rolls were delicious and the sorbet was the perfect ending. Will was our waiter and was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boat House Dinner for 4 at 5:30 pmteddyDined on 8/3/2014Our window table had a water view which was nice, but was right next to the bar which was noisy. The food and service were greatSpecial Features:
- luv2eatluv2eatDined on 8/3/2014disappointed. my wife got fishermens stew which was supposed to have scallops, shrimp, fish, and clams, it came with no scallops and 6 clams of which one was an empty shell. regretted not ordering sandwiches as meals were sub par.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant w/Gorgeous ViewDinesAlotDined on 8/2/2014Love the BoatHouse. The food is always wonderful and the staff is very attentive and knowledgeable. Recommend it all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in RIJohnnyBlazeDined on 8/1/2014Boathouse is always top notch. The chowder and lobster fritters knock me out every time. The view of the bay is stunning as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality SeafoodRosemhernDined on 8/1/2014I went for the first time with an out of town foodie visitor and we both enjoyed the quality of the seafood and the good service. Nice sitting outside with scenic view. Wonderful view from bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!Brandon12345Dined on 7/30/2014I usually don't write reviews but this restaurant is awesome and classy. I booked a reservation by the water told them it was my girlfriends birthday. Got a free dessert. Delicous food. No rude people. Great view. Definitely recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.