Boat House Waterfront Dining
227 Schooner Drive
Villages at Mount Hope
Tiverton, RI 02878Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Boat House Waterfront Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathousetiverton.com/
- Phone: 4016246300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday
11:30 - 9pm
Friday & Saturday
11:30 - 10pm
11:00 - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Julio Lazzarini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our southern patio offers exquisite views of the Sakonnet River. The venue is the perfect setting for an event under our awning. We are happy to accommodate cocktail receptions or private dining events. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Boat House 888-759-5557x
A word from Boat House Waterfront Dining
Nestled in the exquisite farming and seaside community of Tiverton, Rhode Island, the Boat House offers waterfront dining on the Sakonnet River. A contemporary and upscale twist on the quintessential seaside eatery, the menu is abundant with fresh, local seafood, meats and organic produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Boat House Waterfront Dining - Best Restaurants in Tiverton ›
Boat House Waterfront Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
318 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (281)great for outdoor dining (252)special occasion (201)romantic (166)great for lunch (126)fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (88)great for brunch (73)good for groups (71)hot spot (45)notable wine list (44)vibrant bar scene (43)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (10)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The food and service was really great! The staff was really helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServicecranstongourmandVIPDined on 10/13/2014I've been to Boat House many times. The service during lunch a couple days ago was great. Friendly, efficient waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the water...AdrianDined on 10/12/2014Excellent dining doesn't get better than this. Great food and a priceless view of the Sakkonet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 10/12/2014The food was excellent. They gave us a beautiful table next to the window. The view while we were eating was really fine. This was an added bonus to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JohnMicheleCTDined on 10/11/2014We had as good a meal at the Boathouse as we have had in a long time. Our server was very nice and enjoyed how much we enjoyed our experience. The crab cake appetizer was great, and the ahi was thick, fresh and (barely) cooked to perfection, exactly as I requested. My wife's salmon over risotto was delicious. Strongly recommended and if we are ever back in the area, we will make this a must eat destination.Special Features:
- Food and service are excellent.BriannaDined on 10/6/2014Loved the water view. Great menu choices. Enough selection of salads and side dishes for vegans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change the menu!HugefoodieDined on 10/6/2014Although we love the food~ let the chef have some more fantasy! Starting to feel like a "chain" restaurant menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent!YummyFoodieDined on 10/5/2014I took my boyfriend here for a surprise birthday dinner. The service was amazing!Our waitress was fantastic. We had fried oysters for an appetizer...they were amazing! Very light and very tasty! I had the grilled swordfish and he has the salmon. We shared a dark chocolate budino for dessert. The food here is excellent. The warm rolls they serve are crusty on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. Our entrees were so delicious. My grilled swordfish was perfection. The boyfriend wiped his plate clean. The zinfandel and sangria were both delicious. We sat on the outside deck area, and although it was enclosed, it was a little too chilly for my liking. That's the only thing I didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing View - Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2014Our second time to the Boat House. The service was outstanding. Our waiter, very attentive and knowledgeable, answering all of our questions honestly and sincerely. Started with Sakonett Oysters, probably the best oysters I've had. Our friends had the Hall of Fame Chowder, which was too thick, almost like paste. Very rich and not very flavorful! Our main meals where good, not great. My husband ordered a burger medium rare and it was medium well. I ordered a salad with seared scallops, the scallops were over cooked. Our friends ordered the Cuban Sandwich and a pasta dish. The waiter warned her the portion size was small in comparison to the other sandwiches and he was correct. The pasta dish, heavy on the lemon and not very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014Beautiful place - good food and excellent service - Joe made our experience fantastic!Special Features:
- birthday lunchhekmDined on 9/29/2014Overall, the experience equalled what we've come to expect from having lunch at the Boat House. We had a lovely table overlooking the water, and our waiter was pleasant and attentive. Some of the food was disappointing, though. We hope and trust that we'll have better luck next time.Special Features:
- BeautifulPatMVIPDined on 9/28/2014Step aside Newport, this gem in Tiverton is spectacular. The view is incredible. Be there on a warm sunny day when the windows are open and watch the boats said by. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great food - great view!mandmDined on 9/24/2014A friend recommended the Boat House to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. The service was outstanding (I had black pants on and was handed a black napkin - nice touch!). The food was outstanding and the view of the sunset from our table was amazing! I would recommend this place to everyone I know. Thank you Mike and the entire crew for a wonderful, memorable evening!Special Features:
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014We only got there once this year but is was a memorable evening. Made our reservation weeks ago, had a water view but not a window table as we requested. Food was great as was the atmosphere for a late summer dinner. Will not hesitate to go back.Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinnerNanJDined on 9/15/2014The Boathouse ambiance, service and quality of food never ceases to amaze us. We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary here with some delectable apps (1/2 price at that!) at the bar and then a wonderful dinner (including a complimentary glass of champagne!) and delicious dessert. Great night out and we'll be back for more of the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreattimeDined on 9/14/2014We had an excellent time as walways when we dine at the Boat HouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysElishkaDined on 9/14/2014This has become my favorite restaurant. The view is amazing, the food delicious, and the service attentive. Nice relaxed place to enjoy a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!StangslayerDined on 9/13/2014I go back monthly, it's one of my favorites. Good selection, great location and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKMaxemmaVIPDined on 9/12/2014The last 2 times here were just OK. I was used to fantastic and was disappointed for te second time in a row.Special Features:
- Nice placeinfrequentersDined on 9/5/2014Food has always been good to excellent. This time, our original seating was horrible.. especially since the reservation was made a week early.Special Features:
- Fabulous View!TangaroaDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I brought my sister in law who was visiting from Dallas and it was a first visit for all of us. I made the reservation in advance and asked for a table with a nice view. I was so surprised when the host seated us because the table location had a really gorgeous view of the water and sunset. My sister-in-law had a great time too. Thank you!Special Features:
- View Fabulous-Food Just GoodLovelyVIPDined on 9/4/2014If only they would improve the food, this place would be a 10! Just the most fabulous ambiance and view. Had the cheese platter/wonderful...the calamari bland and not crispy...the bolognese good not greatSpecial Features:
- Great service, great viewfabulouschefDined on 9/2/2014The service by the host and waiter were exceptional. We celebrated our anniversary there and were greeted and acknowledged about it. We received two glasses of champagne on the house; which was such a personal touch. The waiter, Patrick, was attentive without being intrusive. He explained each option and was knowledgeable about the items and gave us his personal favourites as recommendations. The main course of shrimp and a lobster dish were not as good as they could've been. I was surprised with that because everything else and everyone else was phenomenal. The appetizers and desserts helped make up for it as did the manager coming to offer his apologies. I think if the the overall gets a 5, but the kitchen needs an adjustment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014We came from Maryland and it was very nice. It was our 40th wedding anniversary and first time in Rhode island. They sitted us at a window table overlooking the river. And then they sent us over a glass of champaign. To toast our special day.. And we had the greatest waitress crystal. She was pleasent and very kind and helpful. Overall we were pleased. Thank u again for making our stay very enjoyable. Roy and pat StevensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backyellowvwDined on 9/1/2014I have gone to the Boat House many times over the years. I don't know if they've had some changes in their staffing/ownership but this place has gone downhill. The restaurant itself is lovely with amazing views. The menu is basic & uncreative. Our meals were mediocre. My seafood scampi was tiny. They put 2 big chunks of bread on it in hopes of making the meal appear larger. They should've called it a shrimp scampi; there was only 1 sml scallop & few small pieces of lobster. The pasta was undercooked. My husband's scallop plate barely had a side. The waitstaff is uninterested in providing good service. You want great food with a view? Keep driving on 24 into Newport and go to The Mooring.Special Features:
- Breathtaking viewSheilaVIPDined on 9/1/2014Varied menu, delicious specials, excellent service, relaxed setting. Wonderful way to spent a lazy afternoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014been going here for years . THe NRG knows how to run resturants and does not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great eveningNickiDined on 8/30/2014An enjoyable evening! The food and atmosphere were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the BoathouseMsJoanDined on 8/30/2014I have been to this restaurant many many times. And will continue to go for the view and the ambiance. But I must say the food quality seems to have slipped. The last two visits have been disappointing in terms of exceptional cuisine. My sad little piece of swordfish sat alone on a huge white plate, and wasn't inexpensive. The fish tasted fine, but it could certainly have used some sort of edible garnish on the plate. My side of mashed potatoes was rather soupy, and lumpy. I absolutely love the Boathouse special chowder, and recommend it to each friend I bring to the restaurant. But this past visit, it was so thick, you could stand the spoon in it. New chef??????Special Features:
- Must experienceMoedDined on 8/29/2014Found boat house this summer through open table and have been there four times . If you enjoy great food good wine and a view that boasts great sunsets you have to give them a try.Looking forward to many more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Very disappointed with the food. Have eaten here before and it was good. For the price( as long as the food is good) I don't mind paying the prices. But that was not up to my expectations of what the food should be in an upscale farm to table restaurant. Although, the dessert was outstanding. It also bugs me that there are no placemats. You could offer rolls or something to nibble on while you wait for your meal. When I e-mailed for my reservation I was specific what I wanted and they lived up to that (good going)!!! Let it be known that it is very hard to rate overall because some things were great and others not so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FurbDined on 8/27/2014It was a great experience, as always. Our waitress was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant ever45thDiningDined on 8/26/2014Beautiful, stunning sunset over the water, flowing in the giant open windows, people filling the tables from one open covered deck on on end to the other on the north end, food to perfection, central bar keeping up with the demand, service that rolled with our every mood change. Just a spectacular place to dine, especially in warm weather with the sun falling into the distant landscape. Look forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!MyrnaDined on 8/26/2014After dining earlier in the summer at The Boat House and having had a delightful evening and very good food, we were so surprised at the difference when we returned the other evening. It was as though it was a totally different restaurant. The server was pleasant but inattentive and the food was beyond mediocre for the price. We shall probably never return even though the setting is lovely.Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great meal and evening for the four of us. Couldn't ask for a better sunset and the food and service complimented everything.Special Features:
- The PlacebenMattaDined on 8/25/2014I love this place for food and ambiance. Have never been anyplace better in my 65 years.Special Features:
- Sunday Lunch in the SunGerryDined on 8/24/2014Another great lunch at Boathouse this past Sunday. Reservations as we asked, at a window. Service, drinks, meal, scenic view..........what else to say. it was very very good, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightmomsnightoutDined on 8/23/2014This was my first visit and I was pleasantly surprised. The views were amazing, the restaurant busy and food was phenomenal . I started with a cup of their clam chowder then we had the Lobster Friitas, they were even good reheated the next day. Main Entree was the grilled scallops and shrimp in the lemon vinaigrette. Followed by a scoop of Mint Gelato! Service was ok, seemed a little slow. Had to wait over 10 minutes for gelato to make it to the table, cream brulee maybe, but gelato. We would totally come back again!Special Features:
- ExceptionalJeffRDined on 8/23/2014Once again the Boathouse was exceptional. It's clearly the best restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- ThedDined on 8/23/2014Great food, service, and view. I will defintiely reutrn.Special Features: