Boat House Waterfront Dining
227 Schooner Drive
Villages at Mount Hope
Tiverton, RI 02878Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Boat House Waterfront Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathousetiverton.com/
- Phone: (401) 624-6300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday
11:30 - 9pm
Friday & Saturday
11:30 - 10pm
11:00 - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Julio Lazzarini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our southern patio offers exquisite views of the Sakonnet River. The venue is the perfect setting for an event under our awning. We are happy to accommodate cocktail receptions or private dining events. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Boat House 888-759-5557x
A word from Boat House Waterfront Dining
Nestled in the exquisite farming and seaside community of Tiverton, Rhode Island, the Boat House offers waterfront dining on the Sakonnet River. A contemporary and upscale twist on the quintessential seaside eatery, the menu is abundant with fresh, local seafood, meats and organic produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Boat House Waterfront Dining - Best Restaurants in Tiverton ›
Boat House Waterfront Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
267 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (238)great for outdoor dining (189)special occasion (159)romantic (123)fit for foodies (112)great for lunch (105)neighborhood gem (72)good for groups (65)great for brunch (59)notable wine list (45)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (35)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (4)Show More
- EXCELLENT FOOD & SERVICETOMGDined on 11/22/2014We were a party of four with a 5:45 PM reservation. After arriving a little early we were promptly seated and were greeted by our waiter, Joe. This was the first time we had eaten inside and we were pleasantly surprised at the decor. Joe was an excellent waiter anticipating our needs and explaining the menu contents. The food and were excellent. All in all it was a very pleasurable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Laura, our server, was very attentive and accommodating. The meals were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staff are very professional and consideratericoDined on 11/19/2014I enjoyed my visit very much and the staff were very nice and the service was good however the pass few days I have had a problem with stomach issues I didn't eat anything else that day so I believe it was what I ate at the restaurant in any case the rest of the visit was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchJohnPDined on 11/16/2014We had a great Sunday lunch. Fantastic views, excellent food and the Service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014This was not my first time visiting the Boat House. Past visits have just been outstanding the service,freshness of the salads and the selections are not your regular items on so many other restaurants. The chef has a great imagination on putting out a menu. I visited the Boat House on Veterans Day Nov. 2014 I arrived without a reservation. I did not stay. I went home and opened up a opentable account made a reservation and dinned later in the week. Opentable is very easy and prompt way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014I have been here numerous times and every time it has been perfect, no matter what time of year or day! The staff is welcoming, the food is delicious and the ambiance is amazing. I boast about this restaurant to everyone I know and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful brunchGreatDined on 11/15/2014Enjoyed a terrific menu featured during Restaurant Week! Great service. Wonderful year-round view....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014We loved the relaxed, comfortable and warm vibe of the whole place. Joe, our waiter was awesome. Service was attentive, knowledgeable, and not rushed or pushy. Decent wine list at reasonable prices, loved the spinach salad with gorgonzola. Bay scallops entrée was excellent. We'll be back in warmer weather to get the full impact with the summer time view of the bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the tripenglishgoddessDined on 11/12/2014Our friends from New Hampshire made the trip to Rhode Island specifically to dine at the Boat House after having an outstanding experience last year during Newport Restaurant Week. They were so impressed at that time that they decided to return rather than choosing another restaurant. All four of us were thrilled with our dinners. The service was impeccable and the food was memorably delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very lovely restaurant.LFNRJMDined on 11/12/2014We went Wednesday for the Newport Restaurant Week specials, which were terrific, but we've dined here a number of times and always enjoyed a terrific meal. Thisweek, the mussels and chowder were outstanding, the pulled pork and pasta spot-on and the deserts, we has one of each, "to die for"!! Needles to say, we will go to the Boat House again for brunch, lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive place on the waterfront.AdamDined on 11/11/2014Very impressive place on the waterfront. Usually like Newport but the view was great, the food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reviewCHENGDined on 11/10/2014While this was a "restaurant week" lunch menu, what we had was also on the regular menu. A first course of mussels were the maybe the best I've ever had, but my wife found the "Boathouse Chowder" to be too peppery for her. She has a somewhat sensitive palate, but in tasting it I found the pepper overwhelmed the flavor of the main ingredients. We both had Bolognese and were very much pleased with it. Had a great Riesling but can't speak to the overall wine list since we only order by the glass. The chowder aside, we will continue to go back. The view is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty....but not terribly goodBostonfoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014On balance it was a better than average experience. The restaurant is lovely with a great view and would be really exciting in the summer months. Nice menu, good service but the food was just average.Special Features:
- Second tripDillyDined on 11/7/2014The staff is friendly and professional. We were a little disappionted with a few of our selections. Caesar salad was very fastfood. The Paell was not up to par at all. We certainly we come again.Special Features:
- great food , views, and service!soopDined on 11/3/2014This is our favorite restaurant! The food is excellent with very nice presentation. Some nice twists on typical food options. Not a huge menu, but enough variety to please everyone. An upscale yet casual restaurant. The service is always exceptional. We have always left saying.."what a great dinner!" Its a great place for special occassions and when you are entertaining friends...no worries about a bad meal or poor service! We were celebrating a wedding anniversary...but we come here frequently...for just a great dinner out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousMAOutsiderDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I love going to the Boathouse. We can always count on great food with great service. The maple creme brulee was amazing. We are never disappointed when visiting any of the Newport Restaurant Group restaurants.Special Features:
- yellyDined on 11/1/2014great service, great food, service was outstanding, love this place, thanks for your reservation open table. it was a GREAT NIGHT.Special Features:
- FavoriteSnookyDined on 10/30/2014This is my favorite restaurant for meeting friends and spending an evening together. The food and service are superb and the sunsets can be magnificent.Special Features:
- Reasonably good food-setting niceStewartkDined on 10/28/2014For the area I think this is a very good choice. It's not up to the culinary standards in nearby Providence, for example. But the setting is pretty, the views are excellent, and the service is friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So DependableBobfromBostonVIPDined on 10/26/2014We eat at the Boat House once a month and always have found it to be an enjoyable evening. They seat us on time (with a reservation), service is prompt but not pressuring. The bar is very good and the food is always great. The raw bar is the best we have found in RI. Basically, we recommend the Boat House to everyone we can, no question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentolderdinersDined on 10/26/2014can see why it is difficult to get a reservation here during summer, but it seems to be even a great place [quieter] in the fall, and even winter months. very scenic. seems to have established a good amount of regular patrons. staff pleasant and helpful. not a whole lot of room between tables, but not as bad as some other restaurants of similar type. appears to have a nice patio and special event room, can't beat the view!!!!!! plenty of parking- huge lot, but can be difficult to walk through [unpaved]. nice experience, all in all- will go back. great that they have a full gluten-free menu, not just a few items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the Boat HouseSteveBDined on 10/26/2014This was our first visit to the Boat House (Sunday Brunch) and it certainly won't be our last!!!! Carlos (our server) was right on point with his suggestions and his service was impeccable. The ambiance (overlooking the water) was superb and we noticed the acoustical ceiling tiles dampened any noise. It was a great way to spend an early afternoon!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014As everyone has said, the sunset is spectacular and it's visible from many tables in the restaurant. The location is just an overall gem, with beautifull water views, a nice dock if you want to arrive by water and awesome photo ops at many locations. And the food was outstanding as well. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014An overall great restaurant experience. Perfect setting, great service, and excellent food.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!Kellielc7VIPDined on 10/22/2014My husband and I love the Boat House and once again, it did not disappoint. Our waiter this time was so great and personable. The food was awesome as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Sunday afternoon lunchWaterfalls4Dined on 10/19/2014We stopped here for a late lunch. Sat at a high table in the bar area, the veiw was beautiful. The raw bar sampler, steamers, hall of fame chowder, and field green salad was all very good. We will be back with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperiencechicoDined on 10/19/2014It was a near perfect dining experience. The staff was very attentive, and our server was terrific. The food has improved significantly over the last couple of years, although it was fine previously. It has moved to the next level and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time diningTennisfanDined on 10/18/2014and it was as good as the first. The wait staff is outstanding - don't rush you and answer any and all questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get the lobster rollOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Three of us had the worst lobster roll we have had in a long time. Bun was slightly burnt and the lobster had no taste. The only saving grace was the spectacular view and the service.Special Features:
- fabulous location/food overpricedfoodieVIPDined on 10/16/2014Though the location with its view & the service were terrific, I was very disappointed with the size of the portions relative to the price. I am also a dessert fiend & was exceptionally disappointed with the seasonal brownie with peanut butter pudding which was the driest brownie I had ever eaten…I told both waitresses their bakers should try it themselves. The $9.00 price tag was remarkable. Thankfully that cost was removed from my bill. My dining guest's dessert - sweet potato cake - was also very minuscule relative to the cost…Overall I would not recommend eating there - though drinks would be fine I imagine. I am surprised given that the other Newport Restaurant Group venues are terrific.Special Features:
- Great placeFoodie2000Dined on 10/13/2014The food and service was really great! The staff was really helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServicecranstongourmandVIPDined on 10/13/2014I've been to Boat House many times. The service during lunch a couple days ago was great. Friendly, efficient waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the water...AdrianDined on 10/12/2014Excellent dining doesn't get better than this. Great food and a priceless view of the Sakkonet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 10/12/2014The food was excellent. They gave us a beautiful table next to the window. The view while we were eating was really fine. This was an added bonus to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JohnMicheleCTDined on 10/11/2014We had as good a meal at the Boathouse as we have had in a long time. Our server was very nice and enjoyed how much we enjoyed our experience. The crab cake appetizer was great, and the ahi was thick, fresh and (barely) cooked to perfection, exactly as I requested. My wife's salmon over risotto was delicious. Strongly recommended and if we are ever back in the area, we will make this a must eat destination.Special Features:
- Food and service are excellent.BriannaDined on 10/6/2014Loved the water view. Great menu choices. Enough selection of salads and side dishes for vegans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change the menu!HugefoodieDined on 10/6/2014Although we love the food~ let the chef have some more fantasy! Starting to feel like a "chain" restaurant menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent!YummyFoodieDined on 10/5/2014I took my boyfriend here for a surprise birthday dinner. The service was amazing!Our waitress was fantastic. We had fried oysters for an appetizer...they were amazing! Very light and very tasty! I had the grilled swordfish and he has the salmon. We shared a dark chocolate budino for dessert. The food here is excellent. The warm rolls they serve are crusty on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. Our entrees were so delicious. My grilled swordfish was perfection. The boyfriend wiped his plate clean. The zinfandel and sangria were both delicious. We sat on the outside deck area, and although it was enclosed, it was a little too chilly for my liking. That's the only thing I didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing View - Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/5/2014Our second time to the Boat House. The service was outstanding. Our waiter, very attentive and knowledgeable, answering all of our questions honestly and sincerely. Started with Sakonett Oysters, probably the best oysters I've had. Our friends had the Hall of Fame Chowder, which was too thick, almost like paste. Very rich and not very flavorful! Our main meals where good, not great. My husband ordered a burger medium rare and it was medium well. I ordered a salad with seared scallops, the scallops were over cooked. Our friends ordered the Cuban Sandwich and a pasta dish. The waiter warned her the portion size was small in comparison to the other sandwiches and he was correct. The pasta dish, heavy on the lemon and not very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Beautiful place - good food and excellent service - Joe made our experience fantastic!Special Features: