8331 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 1Y1Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: (604) 273-7014
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 11:00am- 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse Richmond
A Richmond Landmark-just minutes away from The Vancouver International Airport, and nestled next to a small marina between two bridges. We specialize in the ultimate West Coast dining experience, offering the best quality and freshest seafood and premium meats. We are committed to BC wines, and are proud to feature an extensive wine list with the best and largest selection of BC VQA wines, as well as wines from all around the world. We are also a convenient and a great venue for small to medium size groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Boathouse Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Boathouse Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (12)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- TheTrueFoodLoverDined on 11/9/2014I just love dining at Boathouse Richmond... great place great food great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Enjoyable evening with friends. Would be better if they had bigger tables so that it didn't feel so crowded with menus, drinks, appies, etc. Good service from the waitress.Special Features:
- Review4UDined on 11/7/2014Great food, loud environment and took one hour to get oysters served. No view, and strange warehouse location surrounded by highways.Special Features:
- Boathouse Richmond; lacks view, service & quality.AddieDined on 11/7/2014Reservation made through Boathouse link for an "early dinner" email promo. Wait staff was unfamiliar with Boathouse email promo. Waited over 1 1/2 hours for food. Food was either overcooked or undercooked. Complaint was not met with any resolution other than a comment of "Yeah, sorry....." An email promo that would've been a $75 dinner got upsold into Lobsterfest dinner that cost over $200. If we intended to have steak & lobster we could've gone to the Keg. They know how to treat their guests!!! Very unexpected lack of service & quality from a Boathouse Restaurant. Boathouse was emailed of this incident with no response.
- AverageVexfoodie2Dined on 10/25/2014A little disappointed since the this restaurant now, used to be a favorite place for dinner. Service was fine but the meal didn't seem fresh as usual.Special Features:
- lobster combo smaller than beforesnowyowl2014VIPDined on 10/24/2014We had sirloin Thermador ( hardly find lobster inside), sirloin with lobster tail (butter never melt and tasteless, we need to ask real butter), Caesar salad, lobster bisque ( too watery and salty, not thick enough, I can cook better than them), mocha pie (1/3 size as before), burlee, Bellini (way too sweet, not much alcohol), sandhill red wine for dinner on October 24, 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 10/17/2014Not impressed with the food. My friend's comment on the Caesar salad that came with the chowder..."worst Caesar salad ever had...the dressing is bland and the salad is warm" The hot mocha coffee was cold, too sweet and watery tasting.
- Great Food but service so soluvseafoodDined on 10/8/2014In January we had an incident with our gift cards where they only used $100 of the $200 and we only noticed it when we got home. It took many months to get $100 back in the form of gift cards from the states. This week we tried to use them again and once again there was drama as they struggled to process them. My husband also received the wrong meal, which they corrected and then gave us a credit on the bill. The food is great though but I'm reluctant to go back even though it used to be my favorite place for birthdays and our anniversary.Special Features:
- consistanly excellentfoodie4lifeDined on 10/6/2014Staff and management care in customer service. This is he only restaurant I see managers talking to all the tables. Staff are very attentive to our needs its a tough restaurant to get to but well worth it if you like good food. Decor is out of date but the food and service brings me back. Other restaurants that are updated usually don't have the same service and food as they want you to pay and leave so they can seat more customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good deal for happy hour menusnowyowl2014VIPDined on 10/5/2014I Had late lunch with hubby. 2 of us had 2 glasses of Bellini royale, 1 glass of strawberry watermelon mojito, 12 pcs of Miyagi oysters, 6 pcs of boathouse kiss oysters, miso cod bites, coconut shrimp, calamari, crab dip and buffalo wings. Got good services from our server but the hostess always black face. Crab dip is lack of crab meat. So far..We like coconut shrimp and oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food was very good steak and lobster cooked perfectly very friendly staff would come back againSpecial Features:
- Nice Evening with familytjweibDined on 9/27/2014The Boathouse offers very good value and excellent service. Meals were well presented and tasty. The noise level was a bit high but then the restaurant was almost packed. The most vexing was egress to the restaurant; signage is poor and the location sits between the in-coming and out-going streets feeding the airport. One of our party got truly mixed up in her first time attempt to come to the restaurant and this resulted in her being about an hour late. Perhaps some sort of directional signage could be posted by the City to advise patrons where to enter from coming from both east and west directions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!IvoSpikeDined on 9/25/2014Excellent and consistent food. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to meet friendslike2eatDined on 9/20/2014Very nice place to meet friends for a meal. All of us enjoyed the halibut dishes we ordered. The service was very nice and the server knew the dishes very well which helped in making the menu choice. We had an early dinner and the restaurant was quiet for most of our time there so that helped us have conversation time.Special Features:
- Great King Crab LegsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014I had the kiss oysters, the King Crab Legs, White wine, and a Taylor Port for dessert, everithing was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocationNettie250Dined on 9/14/2014Great option when you need a restaurant close to Vancouver Airport (YVR). And you can always count on The Boathouse for good food.Special Features:
- An excellant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014From the moment we walked in, until we left, we felt we were welcome. We made a special request on how we would like our calamary done and it came out perfect. The main course we great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On Our Waymurrayjs48Dined on 9/6/2014We decided to dine at the Boathouse in Richmond as we were on our way to a venue in downtown Van and were taking the Canada Line. I had requested booth seating which we received. The hostesses were very friendly, as usual, and our server, who had looked after us many times before, was again very friendly and informative like we were old friends. We ordered the calamari to start and were not disappointed. Fresh and tender! My wife ordered the King Crab legs dinner and I ordered the Swordfish entree with an add on of Snow Crab legs. Every item on our plates were a delight to the palate. Our stay at the restaraunt this night was perfect as was the remainder of our evening at the Orpheum Theater in Vancouver.Special Features:
- Good food, dark interior, no viewakd4043Dined on 8/21/2014Nothing to look at anymore as the restaurant is squished between 2 bridges. Interior is on the dark side, esp. when window diners tip their blinds. Excellent food though and attentive service. Tables are a good distance apart so you are not hearing others' conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but could be betterBabyangelDined on 8/19/2014We went to the Boathouse Richmond for dinner. Overall the food was decent, but there are areas of improvement. We ordered the appetizer sampler platter. That was delicious! The mixed seafood grill was good, but be sure to ask for medium rare for the salmon or else the fish would be overcooked and dry. The steak was a bit of a disappointment. It was rough and overcooked despite asking for medium rare. And when we told that to our waiter, he just said, "Oh," and left it at that. He didn't offer to correct the problem. So beef jerky for dinner it was. The sesame crusted ahi tuna was also delicious, although the sauce was a bit too salty for my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eveningthegr8divaDined on 8/15/2014We (4 adults) had dinner on Friday evening, and it was a really pleasurable experience. Our server, Heidi, was attentive and fun. Our food was delicious, and even though our entrees were delayed some time coming out of the kitchen, it was all very good. Heidi graciously comped our desserts for the wait, and that was much appreciated. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- The following 654 reviews are from the Boathouse Richmond reviews archive.
- Great ImprovementGabeDined on 7/19/2014I have not been at the Boat House restaurant in some time because of a bad experience with food taste. I thought we should give it another chance and celebrated a birthday. WOW what an improvement. I assume the chef was changed and policies are in place to ensure a truly wonderful dining experience. I will be going back more often again. Larry PS I am still looking for the gold bracelet chain that was lost while we were dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rainbowDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed our dinner - hadn't been there for a long time but a nice experience.Special Features:
- disappointingAngeloeatsoutDined on 7/3/2014Even though the restaurant was near empty the service was impersonal and rushed. Servers were uninformed and uninterested. Restaurant was old and needed renovation or at least a good cleaning. Expected a nice river view but unless I sat out in the deck in the hot sun I could only sit inside looking at the parking lot. I will never go back to this restaurant and I will tell others to go elsewhere.
- foodieVIPDined on 6/23/2014Wonderful food, especially for a restaurant in the airport district. Try their happy hour for a deal on oysters and shrimp, but not on wines or liquor. Drink water as we did to encourage them to offer a $5 house wine at the happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKDiner11Dined on 6/15/2014Hadn't been to this restaurant for years but had heard good things. Took my parents for Father's day. Was very surprised when I arrived - was expecting much nicer decor. The windows and patio overlook a parking lot and the restaurant is in dire need of an update. Food and service were fine, but won't be rushing back when there are so many 'nicer' restaurants to visit.
- Bad Service and Small Menu ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014I've been to this Boathouse and many other Boathouse at other locations before, and I have to say this had never been the best branch, but our recent experience was somewhat sad. The new menu eliminated some of the choices that were previously present, but I could live with that. However, our server was exceptionally bad. While the adjacent table had there server checking back on them, our server kept forgetting what we asked for. This was only one among many other examples of how we didn't get the proper service. I wasn't expecting to tip our waitress, but my mom was feeling benevolent and wanted to give her a 12% tip because it was Father's Day. To be honest, I don't think she deserved any tips.
- Went early for Father's DayDJSDaveDined on 6/14/2014My wife and 2 kids under 10, plus Dad and Mum went on Saturday for lunch instead of Sunday. The restaurant was quiet but the service did not suffer. We got a very nice round table that was quiet. The food was great and we had a very relaxed atmosphere. I would probably go back to see if the experience is as good at a busier time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very impresseatoutDined on 6/13/2014The food wasn't good as expected and expensive. My daughter had the Black Pepper Sea Scallops and it was way over cooked and tasteless and expensive. Very disappointing.
- missing the 3 course optionsphb3Dined on 6/13/2014The value is no longer their when they no longer have the 3 course option. Ordered a steak that was supposed to be medium rare instead, it was raw. Had to watch my friends eat while I waited for them to grill the steak again , same piece that I cut in the middle. You'd figure they would give you a new piece. Won't be going back until they have some festival with the 3 course option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2wineandineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014We had a really nice experience sitting out on the sunny deck, on a Friday night! Crisp chardonnay and the coconut cod .... YUM! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- great foodstataDined on 6/5/2014i went for the early dining. i had the blackened cod it was really juices, and with great combination of rice pilaf and vegetables,as for the cod is a bit spicy, but it was really tasty, I had the West Coast seafood chowder. love it. my mum had the two combination of Oyster, the Kusshi and the Royal miyage. she prefer the Kusshi but the sauce was fantastic. we also had the Sirloin & fire grilled prawns.( the beef was excellent. Since it was the early dining, the special recipes and price for it. is so worth it. should give a trySpecial Features:
- nicknameDined on 6/4/2014Exceptional service. Very hard to find in BC these days.
- GREAT FOOD AND ENGAGING WAITERCHERYLDined on 5/24/2014LOVELY DINNER....HADN'T BEEN IN A LONG TIME.....AS GOOD AS I REMEMBER...WILL GO AGAIN SOONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor cousinMariaBanffVIPDined on 5/19/2014Compared to other Boathouse locations, this one is the poor cousin. Besides the halibut bites (delicious appetizer), the food was very average and expensive for what you get. The location is only great for airport runs and the patio overlooks the parking lot. Add some potted plants at least!
- Tasty seafood but no viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Blackened steelhead was spicy and cooked well, and my friend enjoyed her seafood platter. But I was looking forward to enjoying a view of the marina - there is no view from the patio. Lots of car noise. It was lovely to sit outside, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionwantedprivacyDined on 5/11/2014good food and good service but we were out to celebrate 2 adult birthdays and had to deal with a restricted menu and noise from excited children because the birthdays happen to fall on Mother's Day (this happens every few years)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother's daydiegoDined on 5/11/2014We always go out to eat and Boathouse in Richmond is one of our favorite, the food and drinks are well worth it plus a good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Environment/Good ServiceTsawwassenLoverOfGoodFoodDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day Brunch was a disaster at the Richmond Boathouse. I now understand why there are so few pictures online of this restaurant. It's ugly. No charm. The staff and the managers are excellent and clearly trying to do what they can ... the ice sculpture was lovely but I think this location needs to be bulldozed. A new better location on the water with a view should be in order and they should hire back the staff ... Owners: First off children 5 and under should not have to pay for a buffet. My 3.5 yr old ate 2 chicken fingers and a bite of cake. Some kids might eat more granted but they are usually older. The buffet area was a disaster, food on the floor, burnt croissants, it all looked a bit low rent. Won't be returning. Overpriced.
- Just okay.. Mother's Day brunchDSDSDined on 5/11/2014This location does not have good water view like the other locations. The restaurant doesn't seem to have a regular buffet section (I think it was just a Mother's Day special buffet brunch); buffet area was small, not a lot of space to walk, and a bit dark. The food was okay. We all did not think the selection or quality of food was worth the price, although we understood because it was due to the special occasion. However, I WOULD gladly try the buffet again with just husband and friends, not with mom on a Mother's Day.Special Features: