8331 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 1Y1Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: 6042737014x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 11:00am- 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse Richmond
A Richmond Landmark-just minutes away from The Vancouver International Airport, and nestled next to a small marina between two bridges. We specialize in the ultimate West Coast dining experience, offering the best quality and freshest seafood and premium meats. We are committed to BC wines, and are proud to feature an extensive wine list with the best and largest selection of BC VQA wines, as well as wines from all around the world. We are also a convenient and a great venue for small to medium size groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boathouse Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Very nice place to meet friends for a meal. All of us enjoyed the halibut dishes we ordered. The service was very nice and the server knew the dishes very well which helped in making the menu choice. We had an early dinner and the restaurant was quiet for most of our time there so that helped us have conversation time.Special Features:
- Great King Crab LegsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014I had the kiss oysters, the King Crab Legs, White wine, and a Taylor Port for dessert, everithing was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocationNettie250Dined on 9/14/2014Great option when you need a restaurant close to Vancouver Airport (YVR). And you can always count on The Boathouse for good food.Special Features:
- An excellant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014From the moment we walked in, until we left, we felt we were welcome. We made a special request on how we would like our calamary done and it came out perfect. The main course we great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On Our Waymurrayjs48Dined on 9/6/2014We decided to dine at the Boathouse in Richmond as we were on our way to a venue in downtown Van and were taking the Canada Line. I had requested booth seating which we received. The hostesses were very friendly, as usual, and our server, who had looked after us many times before, was again very friendly and informative like we were old friends. We ordered the calamari to start and were not disappointed. Fresh and tender! My wife ordered the King Crab legs dinner and I ordered the Swordfish entree with an add on of Snow Crab legs. Every item on our plates were a delight to the palate. Our stay at the restaraunt this night was perfect as was the remainder of our evening at the Orpheum Theater in Vancouver.Special Features:
- Good food, dark interior, no viewakd4043Dined on 8/21/2014Nothing to look at anymore as the restaurant is squished between 2 bridges. Interior is on the dark side, esp. when window diners tip their blinds. Excellent food though and attentive service. Tables are a good distance apart so you are not hearing others' conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but could be betterBabyangelDined on 8/19/2014We went to the Boathouse Richmond for dinner. Overall the food was decent, but there are areas of improvement. We ordered the appetizer sampler platter. That was delicious! The mixed seafood grill was good, but be sure to ask for medium rare for the salmon or else the fish would be overcooked and dry. The steak was a bit of a disappointment. It was rough and overcooked despite asking for medium rare. And when we told that to our waiter, he just said, "Oh," and left it at that. He didn't offer to correct the problem. So beef jerky for dinner it was. The sesame crusted ahi tuna was also delicious, although the sauce was a bit too salty for my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eveningthegr8divaDined on 8/15/2014We (4 adults) had dinner on Friday evening, and it was a really pleasurable experience. Our server, Heidi, was attentive and fun. Our food was delicious, and even though our entrees were delayed some time coming out of the kitchen, it was all very good. Heidi graciously comped our desserts for the wait, and that was much appreciated. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Great ImprovementGabeDined on 7/19/2014I have not been at the Boat House restaurant in some time because of a bad experience with food taste. I thought we should give it another chance and celebrated a birthday. WOW what an improvement. I assume the chef was changed and policies are in place to ensure a truly wonderful dining experience. I will be going back more often again. Larry PS I am still looking for the gold bracelet chain that was lost while we were dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rainbowDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed our dinner - hadn't been there for a long time but a nice experience.Special Features:
- disappointingAngeloeatsoutDined on 7/3/2014Even though the restaurant was near empty the service was impersonal and rushed. Servers were uninformed and uninterested. Restaurant was old and needed renovation or at least a good cleaning. Expected a nice river view but unless I sat out in the deck in the hot sun I could only sit inside looking at the parking lot. I will never go back to this restaurant and I will tell others to go elsewhere.
- foodieVIPDined on 6/23/2014Wonderful food, especially for a restaurant in the airport district. Try their happy hour for a deal on oysters and shrimp, but not on wines or liquor. Drink water as we did to encourage them to offer a $5 house wine at the happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKDiner11Dined on 6/15/2014Hadn't been to this restaurant for years but had heard good things. Took my parents for Father's day. Was very surprised when I arrived - was expecting much nicer decor. The windows and patio overlook a parking lot and the restaurant is in dire need of an update. Food and service were fine, but won't be rushing back when there are so many 'nicer' restaurants to visit.
- Bad Service and Small Menu ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014I've been to this Boathouse and many other Boathouse at other locations before, and I have to say this had never been the best branch, but our recent experience was somewhat sad. The new menu eliminated some of the choices that were previously present, but I could live with that. However, our server was exceptionally bad. While the adjacent table had there server checking back on them, our server kept forgetting what we asked for. This was only one among many other examples of how we didn't get the proper service. I wasn't expecting to tip our waitress, but my mom was feeling benevolent and wanted to give her a 12% tip because it was Father's Day. To be honest, I don't think she deserved any tips.
- Went early for Father's DayDJSDaveDined on 6/14/2014My wife and 2 kids under 10, plus Dad and Mum went on Saturday for lunch instead of Sunday. The restaurant was quiet but the service did not suffer. We got a very nice round table that was quiet. The food was great and we had a very relaxed atmosphere. I would probably go back to see if the experience is as good at a busier time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very impresseatoutDined on 6/13/2014The food wasn't good as expected and expensive. My daughter had the Black Pepper Sea Scallops and it was way over cooked and tasteless and expensive. Very disappointing.
- missing the 3 course optionsphb3Dined on 6/13/2014The value is no longer their when they no longer have the 3 course option. Ordered a steak that was supposed to be medium rare instead, it was raw. Had to watch my friends eat while I waited for them to grill the steak again , same piece that I cut in the middle. You'd figure they would give you a new piece. Won't be going back until they have some festival with the 3 course option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2wineandineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014We had a really nice experience sitting out on the sunny deck, on a Friday night! Crisp chardonnay and the coconut cod .... YUM! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- great foodstataDined on 6/5/2014i went for the early dining. i had the blackened cod it was really juices, and with great combination of rice pilaf and vegetables,as for the cod is a bit spicy, but it was really tasty, I had the West Coast seafood chowder. love it. my mum had the two combination of Oyster, the Kusshi and the Royal miyage. she prefer the Kusshi but the sauce was fantastic. we also had the Sirloin & fire grilled prawns.( the beef was excellent. Since it was the early dining, the special recipes and price for it. is so worth it. should give a trySpecial Features:
- nicknameDined on 6/4/2014Exceptional service. Very hard to find in BC these days.
- The following 642 reviews are from the Boathouse Richmond reviews archive.
- GREAT FOOD AND ENGAGING WAITERCHERYLDined on 5/24/2014LOVELY DINNER....HADN'T BEEN IN A LONG TIME.....AS GOOD AS I REMEMBER...WILL GO AGAIN SOONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor cousinMariaBanffVIPDined on 5/19/2014Compared to other Boathouse locations, this one is the poor cousin. Besides the halibut bites (delicious appetizer), the food was very average and expensive for what you get. The location is only great for airport runs and the patio overlooks the parking lot. Add some potted plants at least!
- Tasty seafood but no viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Blackened steelhead was spicy and cooked well, and my friend enjoyed her seafood platter. But I was looking forward to enjoying a view of the marina - there is no view from the patio. Lots of car noise. It was lovely to sit outside, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionwantedprivacyDined on 5/11/2014good food and good service but we were out to celebrate 2 adult birthdays and had to deal with a restricted menu and noise from excited children because the birthdays happen to fall on Mother's Day (this happens every few years)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother's daydiegoDined on 5/11/2014We always go out to eat and Boathouse in Richmond is one of our favorite, the food and drinks are well worth it plus a good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Environment/Good ServiceTsawwassenLoverOfGoodFoodDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day Brunch was a disaster at the Richmond Boathouse. I now understand why there are so few pictures online of this restaurant. It's ugly. No charm. The staff and the managers are excellent and clearly trying to do what they can ... the ice sculpture was lovely but I think this location needs to be bulldozed. A new better location on the water with a view should be in order and they should hire back the staff ... Owners: First off children 5 and under should not have to pay for a buffet. My 3.5 yr old ate 2 chicken fingers and a bite of cake. Some kids might eat more granted but they are usually older. The buffet area was a disaster, food on the floor, burnt croissants, it all looked a bit low rent. Won't be returning. Overpriced.
- Just okay.. Mother's Day brunchDSDSDined on 5/11/2014This location does not have good water view like the other locations. The restaurant doesn't seem to have a regular buffet section (I think it was just a Mother's Day special buffet brunch); buffet area was small, not a lot of space to walk, and a bit dark. The food was okay. We all did not think the selection or quality of food was worth the price, although we understood because it was due to the special occasion. However, I WOULD gladly try the buffet again with just husband and friends, not with mom on a Mother's Day.Special Features:
- Delicious!ScaryPotatoDined on 5/10/2014The food was excellent, and just the right size. At the end of the meal, we were both satisfied without feeling stuffed. The restaurant itself was quite a bit larger than we expected, and was nearly full when we got there. Despite the number of people in the place, our server was very courteous and attentive. All-in-all, it was a very pleasant evening, and would recommend going there if you haven't done so already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedCruisergirlDined on 5/10/2014My husband, son, and I had early Mothers' Day dinner there. We all ordered different things from the menu, and none of us enjoyed our meals. I had seafood medley (overcooked), son a burger (no condiments and tasteless), and husband had ahi tuna which was unremarkable. At the prices for ANY meal here, one would expect better. My husband and I were also going to order a glass of wine ($10), but waitress suggested a 1/2 litre. We asked the size of the glasses and were told 9 oz. When the bill came, we were blown away with a $30 charge for the 1/2 litre. We asked again, about the size of the glasses and she said she was wrong, they were actually 6oz. We weren't pleased, but it was MD and we didn't want the hassle.Special Features:
- Food wasn't greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2014fish was dry (i ordered the wild halibut). it's only 0.5inch thick - i certainly expected a thicker cut so it can retain the moisture. For $33, i would look elsewhere.
- Birthday gatheringFLABDined on 4/30/2014Good place for gathering, hospitality is great but need more selections of food. We had ordered a fish stew but were disappointed as it was a bit dry. Cocktail list is quite appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Few VisitsABitPriceyVIPDined on 4/28/2014We have been to this Boathouse location a few times, handy to the airport for out of town guests. Service was good ... It is a pretty standard Boathouse experience...it is "good".Special Features:
- JelloVIPDined on 4/27/2014Service wasn't what I had expected, very poor considering we were the only customer there at that time. Food quality wasn't at its best either for the price u pay. Too small portion for a more expensive price which does not do much justice. The vegetables served on the side was stale and when we have mentioned to our server about it, she looked like she could care less. Definitely not recommending this restaurant to anyone.
- Seaside diningVickiDined on 4/25/2014We came to the boathouse before attending a show at the River Rock Casino. It was a great afternoon for outdoor seating, but we were not asked if we would like a seat on the patio. The service was good and the food arrived quickly. The fish & chips would seem to be a reasonable request for this establishment, but it was very doughy (too much batter that was not cooked long enough) The steak was very good, but they don't serve baked potatoes (which is unusual). The prices are reasonable (in line with other restaurants). It took a long time for the waitress to bring back our change after paying the bill.Special Features:
- Ambiance and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2014Very comfortable Atmosphere even with a little bit of elevated loudness of people voices. Service was found very proffesional and pleasent, not exagerrated, trying to forsee customer's wishes, not rushed, and no frequent walking presence around the tables. Questions regarding seafood sourcing were answered very satisfactorily by servicing staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2014We were in and out in 45 minutes. Not even time to order a glass of wineSpecial Features:
- Great Seafood Meal in Richmond BCjohnfromlondonontarioDined on 4/2/2014While the restaurant does not look special from the outside (the building also houses a West Marine store), inside, The Boathouse is welcoming, with great service, a varied menu and excellent food. Ruth, our server, was attentive although, obviously, busy. Food portions were quite appropriate - two in our party had the Seafood Mixed Grill and would recommend it highly! The Blackened Steelhead Trout was, also, a winner! We will return to The Boathouse for dinner, for sure, when we are next in Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had friends from Ontario visiting.AltamoonDined on 3/29/2014Had friends from Ontario visiting. They loved it! The miso crusted halibut was delicious as well as the plank salmon. We have never been disappointed. The gentleman that waited on us was extremely friendly and very attentive. A great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood hitcharDined on 3/23/2014I would definitely recommend the boathouse if you're a seafood lover. The miso crusted halibut is really good and a favourite. There's a good selection of seafood dishes, but it also has some items on the menu if you're not into seafood, so it satisfies all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meallitza2005Dined on 3/20/2014We went to The Boathouse to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed. The food was very tasty. We started with the calamari and it was some of the best we have ever tasted. I had white wine sangria and I highly recommend this beverage. I the coconut crusted cod was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.