Boathouse - Port Moody
2770 Esplanade Avenue
Port Moody, BC V3H 0C8Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse - Port Moody
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: 6049315300
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse - Port Moody
The Boathouse - Port Moody is a casual-fine dining waterfront restaurant specializing in seafood cuisine prepared in a West Coast style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Boathouse - Port Moody - Best Restaurants in Port Moody ›
Boathouse - Port Moody reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (142)special occasion (96)good for groups (69)great for outdoor dining (69)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (46)great for lunch (43)great for brunch (35)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (31)kid-friendly (30)hot spot (16)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Lobster Fest MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014Had a ladies night on Saturday night, and all of us had the lobster fest menu. For the price that we paid for a 3 course dinner, the value was just not there. I had the most expensive dish on the menu being the Seafood Grill (Lobster fest menu) and it was the driest most bland plate of food, I could have made better at home. At $43 base plus an additional $10 to make add a soup & desert, I will never order it again. The lobster part of the plate only consisted of about 2 tablespoons of lobster itself. Find something else on the menu to have, the Lobster Fest Menu is just a money grab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014we were there at 5:00pm . there werent many people, yet the service was very infrequent. the appy was good, the dinner fairSpecial Features:
- DisappointedFooodiemomDined on 10/18/2014I have frequented the boathouse in white rock and always been pleased. I have been to the port moody location previously but just for drinks. We decided to book reservations for dinner for our family as it was our anniversary. The kids meals, for the price charged, were the smallest portions ihave ever seen. Even the kids made comments of this. The service was slow and not once did the waitress ask how everything was. Then we were brought out at the end a cake to share as it was our anniversary which was a nice surprise. In going over the bill however we were charged for this nice surprise. I noticed, advised the waitress and it was taken off. All round not thrilled with out experience at this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeluv2dineDined on 10/18/2014We always enjoy the Boathouse and go there often. The evening was a romantic night out for my wife and I. The food is great and we always have a good experience. But this time, the service was slow, the wait staff did a great job, but the kitchen took a long time to get our entrees out, over 30 minutes from when we were finished with the appetizers. My wife's swordfish was cold as were my mashed potatoes when they were served. Then the after dinner coffees took another 20 and the excuse was the coffee machine was backed up.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and SpacelivvDined on 10/16/2014Out of all the Boathouse locations, The Boathouse Port Moody is definitely my favorite. The food is above average, but not exceptional. However, the ambiance and service make up for it in my opinion. This is a great place to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:
- great - a lot of funOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014Really enjoyed the food, people & service. Food options were great and everyone loved what they had. It was a 60th birthday celebration and a memory that will last a long time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Disappointed in over all experience, even though location & view nice.Special Features:
- not overly impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Our server was not very good - her attention seemed to be some place else ... we asked for several items and never received them ...noise level was almost unbareable for the 1st hour of the evening .... this restaurant really needs to find a way soften the noise ... but then again it has been this way since it was opened. We asked the server to substitute one item from a platter to share, but it was denied ... we have been coming to the restaurant since it opened and never have we been refused a substituation ... not sure what has changedSpecial Features:
- A real gem!!!tugboat2015Dined on 10/10/2014It was my wife and my 27th wedding anniversary. We have been to the Port Moody Boathouse before and it is always memorable. From the moment we were greeted at the front door, the 1st class experience started. We were warmly greeted and take to our table. What a great view!! The service and the food were fantastic. My wife and I said to ourselves that we have to start coming here more often. I highly recommend the lobster!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a special spotfoodloverDined on 10/7/2014I've dined here 5 or 6 times in the last couple of years and each time I'm reminded why I don't eat there more often. It's boring. There isn't one thing about the atmosphere, service or food that makes me eager to return and after my recent visit ( $$$ anniversary dinner with a dull waitress and a seafood dinner I could have made better at home ) I definitely don't plan to return.Special Features:
- Great eveningNightingaleDined on 10/5/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary. The staff were very friendly and courteous. The service was excellent, thanks to Luigi. He was very informative, attentive and engaging. We are not big eaters and we don't drink but the food was great and enjoyed it. We were also treated with a delicious complimentary ice cream pie for our anniversary. We were seated by the window overlooking the inlet and that was amazing. We definitely recommend it and we will be back. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poutineaterDined on 10/3/2014Great ambiance and view inside restaurant and friendly staff. I had the steak and lobster tails; meat was tough and not much lobster for the price. Foid quality was below expectations for a "higher end" restaurant. Beer was good though!Special Features:
- Expensive!WillbebackDined on 10/2/2014Love the staff, location & food. The menu is great but priced higher than it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .....difficult to beat!by9446Dined on 10/1/2014Like always, phenomenal service and food! Parking is not a challenge in the fall versus the summer months.Special Features:
- LOUDirishboyDined on 10/1/2014Extremely loud atmosphere, like a bar and we awere at the end of the restaurant away from the bar. The food was average, like th keg, but the noise was difficult to handle. Lots going on and echoes everywhereSpecial Features:
- DisappointedluvseafoodDined on 9/28/2014We go to the Boathouse every year for our anniversary. We have always been asked if we were celebrating anything. We were made to feel good. We were not asked and the server was not at all friendly. The food was good as usual, could have been hotter.Special Features:
- Pammy54VIPDined on 9/26/2014Server was good. Had a large party but was still great with myself and my husband. Table wasn't the best however but food was good.Special Features:
- Serene SettingBoomerDined on 9/25/2014Anniversary celebrated at the Boathouse with my husband. Was a beautiful night out and the service was awesome. Tina is a great server. A few issues with one steak (had to go back twice) but overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boathouse Restaurantnitalikes2writeDined on 9/22/2014My niece and I enjoyed a birthday and congratulations dinner on her graduation from university. Nice surrounding and nice serverSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014We had an absolutely delightful dining experience on Sunday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had made reservations well in advance and specified a window seat. As it was a special event. When we arrived the lady at the front desk said there were no window seats left. I was really disappointed. A window seat become available shortly after we sat down, and no effort was made to accommodate us. Also 2orders of crusted halibut was ordered at our table and the batter was burnt which left a burnt taste. Thanks for asking. We have frequent your restaurant many times and was always pleased. Very dissapointed for this occassion. Regards. Charlene Hooey
- Boathouse Special Night Out.addicted2foodDined on 9/14/2014View was great, food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- The service is terribleKroberts44Dined on 9/13/2014After multiple times disappointed in the past, this experience was like all the rest. The service is terrible the food comes out wrong and the management doesn't so anything to address your issues. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Dinner on September 13thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Service was good. Atmosphere was good. Food just okay! I had the seafood share platter for my meal and found that the crab dip too salty to eat. Other guests each had mixed seafood grill and rated it so-so.Special Features:
- Nice SpotBigAlVIPDined on 9/13/2014We've eaten here a couple of times and are completely satisfied with the restaurant. Wish the parking was a bit better, but other than that, it is excellent.Special Features:
- Great Food, Service, and LocationRogerBDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful.....nicely laid out. The food was excellent as was the service. Really had a great time.Special Features:
- Won't be back!!llwiDined on 9/10/2014Years ago was at the Boathouse and experienced terrible service. Thought we'd try again, given the beautiful building and amazing scenery. Well, the place was empty (lunchtime) - our table and one other and the food was cold. You would think that the kitchen could get it right with just two tables to deal with. The service was a bit slow but pleasant. In any event - won't be back.
- Memorable EveningportmoodydinerDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I had a memorable experience at the Boathouse last Tuesday. The food was excellent in quality and presentation. Our waiter "Arturro", however, made it the memorable night that it was. He anticipated our wants and surprised us at every turn.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Actually I like food mostly but am not pleased with service. Waitless's attitude makes us feel awful. And I want you fix inconvenience due to the different height of table. Whenever I go to Boathouse, I always experienced same problem.Special Features:
- Wish the food was betterFabPlaceVIPDined on 9/7/2014This was the third time that we have eaten at the Boathouse. We love the location and being outdoors on the water. We keep trying, but the food is not prepared to our satisfaction. The eggs benedict are not the best that Canada has to offer. Expected thicker Canadian Bacon and it was very thin and lacked flavor. The hash browns were over cooked, the omelet was over cooked and dry and the coffee was weak. Waitress was very excellent. Wish the food had been better.Special Features:
- Not too hotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Slow slow service to finally receive our dinner entrees. When they finally came, the food was not hot all all, just warm. This on a moderately busy Friday night.Special Features:
- great seafood fit for sharingjessw811Dined on 9/5/2014We went on a Friday night through open table reservation and we were seated quickly. Food is great as always. Food is tasty and fresh. Mussel steam pot was great. Bellinis was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst serviceJstoDined on 9/3/2014Took 30 minutes to get our drinks. The manager came over and served us attitude. Saying they were "over customered". Umm. What? I can solve that problem! On the flip side the food was good.
- Felt ripped offLuv2eatDined on 9/3/2014From the initial hostess greeting "how may I help you today" something You would hear in a pharmasave, after all it is a place to enjoy food, not welcome how many in your party, drinks came well after our ap's, I mean 20 min after, waited another 45 for entree's, I would have left if I didn't have my daughters with me, normally a good boathouse location, but my last 2 visit have been horrible. They need a complete revision on procedures.Special Features:
- MRTravellerDined on 9/1/2014Very casual lunch atmosphere; surprised at so few folks in restaurant on a holiday Monday. Smoked salmon hash way too salty but others quite liked their choices. Needs a redo décor wise - starting to look a little tired. But great views.Special Features:
- Waterfront with Great Food/ServiceSpils33Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant boasts amazing service from friendly attentive staff, breathtaking sunset views and a boardwalk to enjoy a walk after you have had your fill of flavor infused steak and seafood.Special Features:
- Good Eats.foodpoliceDined on 8/28/2014Notwithstanding the shared parking lot with non restaurant patrons, you gotta eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobalooDined on 8/26/2014Very nice setting (on the wwater and a spectacular sunset) and the appetizers and meals were very good although the meals were a little on the luke warm side by the time they reached us. A little shocked to pay $10 for a mere1 ounce shot of Drambuie but it did cap off a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Disappointed once againJimdDined on 8/25/2014Prices are high and the food is never very good. Service was rushed at times and nowhere to be found at others.Special Features:
- SolidbuchDined on 8/23/2014A great spot for dinner in the Port Moody neighbourhood. We enjoyed a lovely meal with the only suggestions being a bit more actual crab in the crab dip and a bigger lobster tail to go with my yummy steak at that price.Special Features: