Boathouse - Port Moody
2770 Esplanade Avenue
Port Moody, BC V3H 0C8Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse - Port Moody
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: 6049315300
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse - Port Moody
The Boathouse - Port Moody is a casual-fine dining waterfront restaurant specializing in seafood cuisine prepared in a West Coast style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Boathouse - Port Moody - Best Restaurants in Port Moody ›
Boathouse - Port Moody reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (163)special occasion (106)great for outdoor dining (77)good for groups (70)neighborhood gem (63)great for lunch (52)great for brunch (51)romantic (50)kid-friendly (36)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (20)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (9)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Very nice setting (on the wwater and a spectacular sunset) and the appetizers and meals were very good although the meals were a little on the luke warm side by the time they reached us. A little shocked to pay $10 for a mere1 ounce shot of Drambuie but it did cap off a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Disappointed once againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Prices are high and the food is never very good. Service was rushed at times and nowhere to be found at others.Special Features:
- SolidbuchDined on 8/23/2014A great spot for dinner in the Port Moody neighbourhood. We enjoyed a lovely meal with the only suggestions being a bit more actual crab in the crab dip and a bigger lobster tail to go with my yummy steak at that price.Special Features:
- solidCoquitlamResidentDined on 8/21/2014I find that the Boathouse is usually solid in its consistency for their food and service. Our main server was polite and friendly, and when someone brought in our appy plate but dropped part of it and didn't come back with the replacement, he did when we inquired about it. Answered questions about the food with no hint of exasperation. Much better compared to when this location first opened.Special Features:
- ---22aaDined on 8/20/2014----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTHollandDined on 8/19/2014I reserved a table a day in advance for my fiancés birthday and requested to sit next to the window overlooking the water (more romantic). When we arrived I was told they were all taken. It's highly unlikely the 10+ tables along the window were all reserved on a Tuesday night by other guests. Our appetizer showed up and there was plastic in it, pointed it out to the waitress who was apologetic but never offered to replace the dish or do anything else. I ordered a $10 caesar that was mainly ice and had no flavour. Waitress didn't check in to see how our meals tasted or if we wanted to order additional drinks. Entire meal felt rushed. Extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014Our server Christianne was excellent. Our food was delicious except for my steak which was tough - I expect to get a tender cut of meat when I spend over $30 for my entree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for ImprovementdinealotDined on 8/13/2014We attended as a large group of 12. They delivered the food to us all at the same time, which was great. Found some of the items overpriced, such as a small soup and salad at $13.99. Chicken club was very salty, maybe they were salting pre-seasoned chicken breasts and very garlicky. French fries could be better at a nice restaurant like this. Didn't seem fresh from scratch potatoes. Salmon burger was bland. Would have liked to have known if salmon is farmed or wild. Room for improvement in such a beautifully set restaurant.Special Features:
- NO PARKING!!!by9446Dined on 8/11/2014I've been going to the Boathouse for the last 20 years to celebrate special occasions! We had a 6:30p dinner reservation to celebrate our 24th anniversary with family and friends. I dropped them off at the door to get seated while I we parked the vehicle. Spent over 30 minutes doing laps around the lot! Yes, I tried to park along the street by the restaurant but its only for vehicles with boat trailers. 30 minutes! Needless to say, I was no longer in the celebration mood. I would suggest everyone make reservations at the NewWest location on the nicer days since the parking situation is horrible. Yes the NewWest location is further, trust me you'll be in a better mood..........or even another restaurant in the PM / Coq area.Special Features:
- pooralkatDined on 8/10/2014Steak was not tender. presentation was 3 out of 10. Stuffed prawns were coated with mushy bread crumbs with no seasoning. potatoes were watery. again, another bad experience at the Boathouse. They did, however, deduct some money from the total bill. We will never return to that Boathouse or any other one. Also, we will never recommend the Boathouse as a place to dine. Al WilliamsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent, service was ok, average, nothing that made her stand out. We waited a long time once we were seated for her to finally come and get us drinks/started. View spectacular! Like that we can reserve online. Also seemed "tight" like we were on top of each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014I came for after work drinks with co-workers - we did not eat. The server was attentive. The table was dirty when we were seated and it was difficult to find parking.
- Overpriced and UnderwhelmedgoodeatsDined on 8/6/2014Bad experiences at the Boathouse PoMo. Went for happy hour and early supper with a friend and sat out in the patio in the past. Fantastic view, great service and excellent food. So I thought that by treating my family for my birthday would be a great experience as well, wrong. First parking hassles, then wait for the table to be ready - we were already 15 mins late arriving for our reservation. (I have a Landry's card) Then we waited to have our orders taken, then waited be served, then another 2 hrs for the food. The food looked great when it arrived but our tastebuds were underwhelmed. Really, not worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Birthday CelebrationHeidiMomDined on 8/6/2014The atmosphere and food was terrific. We all enjoyed our meals tremendously.Special Features:
- disappointed1Dined on 8/5/2014Overall, we were disappointed. Our table was broken (very slanted) and we spent the dinner concerned we would spill our drinks on ourselves. Our steaks weren't made to our order. The pasta and soup we ordered were cold. There were also fruit flies around our food/table throughout our dinner. I'm usually a big fan of the boathouse, but I'm not too sure if we will be going anytime soon. For a $400 meal, I'd expect delicious food and a good ambiance.Special Features:
- Awesome Summer Night RestaurantPlayladiesDined on 8/2/2014Very busy park and fun to people watch while eating in the restaurant. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMolleyhDined on 8/2/2014A little disappointed, I've been before and didn't have the same experience. This time I took my parents out, seeing as they have never been, a nice treat. Food was good, service was ok, but the location of where we were seated was right by the kitchen and so very noisey! And withy the hot weather we have been having, and then people seating by the windows have to open them, so it's smoking hot in the restaurant. I would go back, but would ask to be seated along the windows. There was no shortage of servers, so the service should have been better. The valet service was the best choice for parking, parking there is the pits! They should have designated parking for the restaurant only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Clamsluv2dineDined on 8/2/2014We had a nice time and the food was good. We made the mistake of sitting at the bar and that is where the servers hang out and talk about everything you aren`t supposed to talk about in front of customers. It was also crazy busy with servers ordering drinks for the entire restaurant. It is also where the servers sit to eat. We felt like we were in the private staff area. The clams were so fresh and good, same with the shrimp yumm!!!! i highly recommend the clam chowder. We will be back for Clam and Shrimp Appy hour! but we will make sure so sit far away from the bar area!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valet ParkingFreeparkingDined on 8/1/2014After driving around the parking lot Waiting and watching for people to leave we noticed Valet Parking was provided. What a Bonus!!! Terms were spend $10 or more in the restaraunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to entertain clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Our server got that we wanted to chat first. He got wine right away then left us to enjoy our wine for a full hour before we ordered (checking with me from time to time). It's not often servers are so attentive and 'get' the pace you set for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest place to meet your friendssongsingerDined on 7/28/2014What a great place to meet up with friends, for lunch or dinner. The staff is always happy and willing to please. Wine and appies by the fire is a great start or finish to any evening. Lovely ambiance and the best scenery anywhere.Special Features:
- DinnerAuntiDoDined on 7/27/2014Although the menu is somewhat limited, we were able to select some good choices. Some of the items weren't well cooked but they corrected that when asked. Our server was very attentive and helpful. The restaurant was attentive to our needs, providing adequate space for our party, as well as providing valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boathouse never disappointsCrawfyDined on 7/25/2014I have not been to the boathouse since they changed their menu. I went the other night with a group of 5 and as always was beyond impressed with my meal and the service. Such a great location and friendly and knowledgeable staff. The manager even came out to inquire about our meals after we were finished which is always a nice personal touch. I would gladly choose the boathouse over The Keg for a "fancy" dinner out in the suburbs.Special Features:
- Good as usualemwongDined on 7/24/2014We come here quite often so it's one of our favorite restaurants. It was a weeknight so it wasn't as busy as the weekends are. It was great as the noise level was down and we could have a normal conversation. The pace of the meal was not rushed so we had a relaxed meal over a 90 minute period. We had the tuna and heirloom tomato for starters and both were very good. My wife had the mussels for dinner, which were tasty and the serving was large enough that she had a hard time eating them all. I had the seafood pasta. The pasta was done perfectly and the various seafood added a lot of flavor. As I said, it was good as usual and we certainly would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Port Moody DiningFoodloverDined on 7/23/2014The Boathouse restaurant has great ambiance and a lovely view of the water. The outdoor patio is always a treat and the food is above average. Service can be a bit slow but our server was very personable and overall did a great job. The menu is varied and the wine list is quite good. The salads are my favourite and the fish and chips do not disappoint. I would recommend trying this place out as long as you aren't in a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Fav spotsJasonVIPDined on 7/23/2014Best spot in Tri Cities BUT .. decided to go for a late lunch knowing it would be a bit more intimate in the non peak hour. We were there 2:15 to about 4:15 pm, for the life of me the place is 5% full with a couple medium to large groups - why seat everyone back to back? I understand logistically for staff you concentrate in one area but with no sunset issue or view concern, at least provide a table space set up. Just don't understand why you would try to cram everyone in one corner instead of having a bit of an intimate afternoon. If the place is 5% and you have to walk around people and watch your chair, just gives poor presentation.
- AddersDined on 7/20/2014Haven't been for a while but found Sunday to be excellent as always. Have never left the restaurant unhappy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedRoach12Dined on 7/20/2014I came for brunch on my birthday, food was overpriced and over cooked. Service was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableChanDined on 7/19/2014The service and food was great. The only issue we had was the noise level. I know the restaurant was just about packed but being with an older couple they had issues hearing over the noise level. The portion sizes were good and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Food at Home!!!!!Foodieforever1Dined on 7/19/2014Nice ambiance but food is OK, nothing to write home about. Not horrible, but nothing exceptional especially for the prices.Special Features:
- nice nightnightoutDined on 7/18/2014Overall a good place. Ridiculous beverage prices (ie: $9 beers etc.). Food was great, view nice. Strong serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodNiftyfiftyDined on 7/18/2014My Wife And I were very pleased with the entire Night as we celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- July 17thFoodieDined on 7/17/2014We were looking forward to going to the Boathouse on a warm summer evening. It's a little more expensive than our usual mid- week dinners but we thought being outside would be worth it. I have never written a bad review before however I feel compelled to in this case because the meal I got was not worth the price. I had the grilled halibut and it was so overcooked that it had a rubbery consistency. I have never sent a meal back but I just couldn't eat it - the second meal was really no better. Service was very slow - not our servers fault she seemed to have too many tables to wait on. Overall a very disappointing experience:(
- Messed up eveningDisktrackerDined on 7/15/2014Parkiing is an issue. There was none. Food service was slow, although restaurant was not full. The salmon ordered was undercooked. We asked to have it reheated. Instead a new meal was prepared. We finished our food, and my son left the building while my wife waited for the salmon. When it was finally served, she said that her appetite was gone, and would rather leave. The "manager" insisted that we take the food and that "he had this". He suggested that we take it home. Reluctantly, my wife accepted the meal. Much time had passed. I asked for a desert, to keep her company. The desert took almost 20 minutes to arrive. When the bill was presented, there was a full charge for the salmon meal, and the desert was not billed. We will not be back.
- Great Patio for LunchsummerlunchDined on 7/15/2014The patio at the Boathouse in Port Moody is a great place to lunch with a small group, provided you are in the shade. It was breezy and right on the water, so the view was exceptional. Parking was not an issue and the restaurant was very relaxing. It's a great place to catch up with your girlfriends or to have a business lunch without getting caught up in the business of Downtown. Loved it!Special Features:
- enjoyed the dinnerJennDined on 7/14/2014enjoyed the environment, the seafood salad and the service with a nice view of the seaSpecial Features:
- Problems with ReservationokeatsDined on 7/13/2014We requested a particular area of the restaurant when we booked and were not informed until we arrived that it was "not available for reservations". The staff also neglected to set the highchairs we asked for, and when we told the hostess, she stood there blankly, apparently waiting for all the adults in our party to sit down so she could pass us our menus -- while the toddlers wandered around the table with nowhere to sit. The A/C also wasn't working, and it was a hot day. Staff were generally unapologetic regarding their own oversights. Food was fine.Special Features:
- CelebrationTruveyDined on 7/12/2014I chose the Boathouse, Port Moody, to celebrate our daughter-in-law's birthday. This was her first time at this restaurant and she had a wonderful experience. From the moment we arrived the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We were seated outside and enjoyed the lovely scenery along with the weather. We ordered a lovely bottle of wine along with an excellent meal, selecting the Seafood Mix and the Salmon plate. We all thoroughly enjoyed the food and I know we all look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOCAL GEMBoroDined on 7/11/2014Always a positive experience. A beautiful summer evening, a special occasion, great menu choices and top-notch service.Special Features:
- PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We requested patio and got a great table. It was very sunny and there was only 1 umbrella. My wife had sunglasses and I sat with my back to sun so we were fine. However we did see at least 4 groups switch tables and another couple debate asking to switch because of sun in their eyes. They were all accommodated to what they wanted. Just wanted to point out a few umbrellas woul have made quite a difference and made your servers job easier. Thanks for reading my reply. We will be back. Greg Murray Gregorymurray@shaw.caSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.