Boathouse - Port Moody
2770 Esplanade Avenue
Port Moody, BC V3H 0C8Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse - Port Moody
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: (604) 931-5300
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse - Port Moody
The Boathouse - Port Moody is a casual-fine dining waterfront restaurant specializing in seafood cuisine prepared in a West Coast style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Boathouse - Port Moody - Best Restaurants in Port Moody ›
Boathouse - Port Moody reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (132)special occasion (89)good for groups (65)neighborhood gem (57)great for outdoor dining (52)romantic (45)great for lunch (38)fit for foodies (35)great for brunch (28)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Another great lunch at the BoathouseChatAndNibbleDined on 11/18/2014The food was prepared to our taste with the fish grilled exactly right. So fresh & flavourful. Our server, Jenna, kept our coffee cups full then melted out of sight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the Boat House Port MoodyBubbles1965Dined on 11/15/2014First time dining at this location and everything was great until our main dinner was served . I had ordered steak and lobster my wife steamed mussels the outer plate was so hot but the mussels were rock solid cold and the server said it was because they put cold chives on top "really" so after about 20 mins of waiting and I'm now finished the server says I yelled at the chef I almost said really as I did not see you go any where near the kitchen . Then he comes to say they will be right up still no mussels so ask for the bill and the manager appears and all she says to us is would you like free dessert on us , Give me a break no I'm sorry or anything but asks if we want free dessert . Not what I had expected from such a great place to dine wont be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Great lobster dishes and superior service. Our waitress was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014A very pleasant evening was had dining with a couple of friends. The waitress was very friendly, the food was very good.Special Features:
- birthday partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Had a very enjoyable birthday party for 10 of us. Other than my husband wanting his steak well done and having it still too rare, everyone else totally enjoyed their dinner and the service was great!Special Features:
- Meh..PoMoMooksDined on 11/7/2014I have been visiting the various Boathouses for years and even worked for their Head Office and the food and service are just not what they were. It used to be a place we would go for a special night out but now we go because it's convenient and the atmosphere is lovely on winter evenings but we always leave thinking "meh" just not that great. Food is often cold but plates hot like they've been sitting under the heat lamps too long and never seems to live up to the description on the menu. Our service on Friday was ok but food took a long time coming out and oyster order was mixed up and sent back. We used to visit several times a year and now go maybe once. Hope you can recapture what it once was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragebossyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great view, great service, mediocre food. we only return because location is convenient and view is goodSpecial Features:
- Nice atmosphereP111kDined on 11/5/2014You can get better food elsewhere but you won't pay more.Special Features:
- awesome viewcindyDined on 11/4/2014Service was friendly... Food was good ...burger was fantastic! Fish tacos a bit flat and one note. Good deals at happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchPrettyBirdsDined on 11/4/2014Quiet enough this day to enjoy our conversation; service was friendly and efficient. View was lovelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeeeDined on 11/3/2014Service was basic.. Even though our server did what he was suppose to, like bring water, drinks and food, he did not go a step beyond. We were seated for more than 5 minutes before our server came. Another 5 before drinks came. We were never asked if we wanted an appetizer, coffee, tea, or desert. After dinner a piece birthday ice cream with 3 forks was dropped off for my moms birthday followed by the bill. The rest of us would have liked to order our own desert!!!!!!!!!! The hostess told us someone would come talk to me about he points card. No one ever did. Adequate service not great.Special Features:
- BoatHouse - Port MoodyFoodisgoodDined on 11/1/2014A good restaurant for entertaining. Food an service have been good(on average) and it's a good place for dinner or drinks. But, the main dining area is quite large and can be loud at time if the restaurant is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice bithday dinnerDeDineDined on 11/1/2014Three of us went out for my fathers' birthday dinner on a Saturday night, on-line reservation was very simple and was able to get a spot within 15 mins. of the time I had wanted. We arrived a bit early and were seated right away. 2 of us had the steak & lobster dinner which was excellent, one of us had the coconut cod on quinoa which was very tasty although a bit overdone. Overall experience was wonderful, the slice of mocha ice cream cake they brought my Dad at the end was a very nice touch. We would definitely recommend the Boathouse in Port Moody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tannisDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant was empty when we were seated and they sat the table right next to us. Seemed strange to do. Service was great. Eggs were Luke warm. A bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerMissPinzDined on 10/31/2014The meal was DELICIOUS!!!! I was a little disappointed with the lobster tail I received when I ordered grilled lobster tails as it was a tail split in half then put on a stick, definitely wasn't a full tail, yet still very tasty! My potatos weren't very warm yet the oysters were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Fest MenuloveofdiningVIPDined on 10/25/2014Had a ladies night on Saturday night, and all of us had the lobster fest menu. For the price that we paid for a 3 course dinner, the value was just not there. I had the most expensive dish on the menu being the Seafood Grill (Lobster fest menu) and it was the driest most bland plate of food, I could have made better at home. At $43 base plus an additional $10 to make add a soup & desert, I will never order it again. The lobster part of the plate only consisted of about 2 tablespoons of lobster itself. Find something else on the menu to have, the Lobster Fest Menu is just a money grab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014we were there at 5:00pm . there werent many people, yet the service was very infrequent. the appy was good, the dinner fairSpecial Features:
- DisappointedFooodiemomDined on 10/18/2014I have frequented the boathouse in white rock and always been pleased. I have been to the port moody location previously but just for drinks. We decided to book reservations for dinner for our family as it was our anniversary. The kids meals, for the price charged, were the smallest portions ihave ever seen. Even the kids made comments of this. The service was slow and not once did the waitress ask how everything was. Then we were brought out at the end a cake to share as it was our anniversary which was a nice surprise. In going over the bill however we were charged for this nice surprise. I noticed, advised the waitress and it was taken off. All round not thrilled with out experience at this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeluv2dineDined on 10/18/2014We always enjoy the Boathouse and go there often. The evening was a romantic night out for my wife and I. The food is great and we always have a good experience. But this time, the service was slow, the wait staff did a great job, but the kitchen took a long time to get our entrees out, over 30 minutes from when we were finished with the appetizers. My wife's swordfish was cold as were my mashed potatoes when they were served. Then the after dinner coffees took another 20 and the excuse was the coffee machine was backed up.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and SpacelivvDined on 10/16/2014Out of all the Boathouse locations, The Boathouse Port Moody is definitely my favorite. The food is above average, but not exceptional. However, the ambiance and service make up for it in my opinion. This is a great place to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:
- great - a lot of funOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014Really enjoyed the food, people & service. Food options were great and everyone loved what they had. It was a 60th birthday celebration and a memory that will last a long time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014Disappointed in over all experience, even though location & view nice.Special Features:
- not overly impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Our server was not very good - her attention seemed to be some place else ... we asked for several items and never received them ...noise level was almost unbareable for the 1st hour of the evening .... this restaurant really needs to find a way soften the noise ... but then again it has been this way since it was opened. We asked the server to substitute one item from a platter to share, but it was denied ... we have been coming to the restaurant since it opened and never have we been refused a substituation ... not sure what has changedSpecial Features:
- A real gem!!!tugboat2015Dined on 10/10/2014It was my wife and my 27th wedding anniversary. We have been to the Port Moody Boathouse before and it is always memorable. From the moment we were greeted at the front door, the 1st class experience started. We were warmly greeted and take to our table. What a great view!! The service and the food were fantastic. My wife and I said to ourselves that we have to start coming here more often. I highly recommend the lobster!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a special spotfoodloverDined on 10/7/2014I've dined here 5 or 6 times in the last couple of years and each time I'm reminded why I don't eat there more often. It's boring. There isn't one thing about the atmosphere, service or food that makes me eager to return and after my recent visit ( $$$ anniversary dinner with a dull waitress and a seafood dinner I could have made better at home ) I definitely don't plan to return.Special Features:
- Great eveningNightingaleDined on 10/5/2014We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary. The staff were very friendly and courteous. The service was excellent, thanks to Luigi. He was very informative, attentive and engaging. We are not big eaters and we don't drink but the food was great and enjoyed it. We were also treated with a delicious complimentary ice cream pie for our anniversary. We were seated by the window overlooking the inlet and that was amazing. We definitely recommend it and we will be back. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poutineaterDined on 10/3/2014Great ambiance and view inside restaurant and friendly staff. I had the steak and lobster tails; meat was tough and not much lobster for the price. Foid quality was below expectations for a "higher end" restaurant. Beer was good though!Special Features:
- Expensive!WillbebackDined on 10/2/2014Love the staff, location & food. The menu is great but priced higher than it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .....difficult to beat!by9446Dined on 10/1/2014Like always, phenomenal service and food! Parking is not a challenge in the fall versus the summer months.Special Features:
- LOUDirishboyDined on 10/1/2014Extremely loud atmosphere, like a bar and we awere at the end of the restaurant away from the bar. The food was average, like th keg, but the noise was difficult to handle. Lots going on and echoes everywhereSpecial Features:
- DisappointedluvseafoodDined on 9/28/2014We go to the Boathouse every year for our anniversary. We have always been asked if we were celebrating anything. We were made to feel good. We were not asked and the server was not at all friendly. The food was good as usual, could have been hotter.Special Features:
- Pammy54VIPDined on 9/26/2014Server was good. Had a large party but was still great with myself and my husband. Table wasn't the best however but food was good.Special Features:
- Serene SettingBoomerDined on 9/25/2014Anniversary celebrated at the Boathouse with my husband. Was a beautiful night out and the service was awesome. Tina is a great server. A few issues with one steak (had to go back twice) but overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boathouse Restaurantnitalikes2writeDined on 9/22/2014My niece and I enjoyed a birthday and congratulations dinner on her graduation from university. Nice surrounding and nice serverSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014We had an absolutely delightful dining experience on Sunday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had made reservations well in advance and specified a window seat. As it was a special event. When we arrived the lady at the front desk said there were no window seats left. I was really disappointed. A window seat become available shortly after we sat down, and no effort was made to accommodate us. Also 2orders of crusted halibut was ordered at our table and the batter was burnt which left a burnt taste. Thanks for asking. We have frequent your restaurant many times and was always pleased. Very dissapointed for this occassion. Regards. Charlene Hooey
- Boathouse Special Night Out.addicted2foodDined on 9/14/2014View was great, food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- The service is terribleKroberts44Dined on 9/13/2014After multiple times disappointed in the past, this experience was like all the rest. The service is terrible the food comes out wrong and the management doesn't so anything to address your issues. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Dinner on September 13thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Service was good. Atmosphere was good. Food just okay! I had the seafood share platter for my meal and found that the crab dip too salty to eat. Other guests each had mixed seafood grill and rated it so-so.Special Features:
- Nice SpotBigAlVIPDined on 9/13/2014We've eaten here a couple of times and are completely satisfied with the restaurant. Wish the parking was a bit better, but other than that, it is excellent.Special Features: