Boathouse - Port Moody
2770 Esplanade Avenue
Port Moody, BC V3H 0C8Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse - Port Moody
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: 6049315300
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse - Port Moody
The Boathouse - Port Moody is a casual-fine dining waterfront restaurant specializing in seafood cuisine prepared in a West Coast style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Boathouse - Port Moody - Best Restaurants in Port Moody ›
Boathouse - Port Moody reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (146)special occasion (101)great for outdoor dining (73)good for groups (68)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (47)great for lunch (42)great for brunch (37)notable wine list (30)kid-friendly (29)fit for foodies (28)hot spot (19)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We go to the Boathouse every year for our anniversary. We have always been asked if we were celebrating anything. We were made to feel good. We were not asked and the server was not at all friendly. The food was good as usual, could have been hotter.Special Features:
- Pammy54VIPDined on 9/26/2014Server was good. Had a large party but was still great with myself and my husband. Table wasn't the best however but food was good.Special Features:
- Serene SettingBoomerDined on 9/25/2014Anniversary celebrated at the Boathouse with my husband. Was a beautiful night out and the service was awesome. Tina is a great server. A few issues with one steak (had to go back twice) but overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boathouse Restaurantnitalikes2writeDined on 9/22/2014My niece and I enjoyed a birthday and congratulations dinner on her graduation from university. Nice surrounding and nice serverSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014We had an absolutely delightful dining experience on Sunday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had made reservations well in advance and specified a window seat. As it was a special event. When we arrived the lady at the front desk said there were no window seats left. I was really disappointed. A window seat become available shortly after we sat down, and no effort was made to accommodate us. Also 2orders of crusted halibut was ordered at our table and the batter was burnt which left a burnt taste. Thanks for asking. We have frequent your restaurant many times and was always pleased. Very dissapointed for this occassion. Regards. Charlene Hooey
- Boathouse Special Night Out.addicted2foodDined on 9/14/2014View was great, food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- The service is terribleKroberts44Dined on 9/13/2014After multiple times disappointed in the past, this experience was like all the rest. The service is terrible the food comes out wrong and the management doesn't so anything to address your issues. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Dinner on September 13thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Service was good. Atmosphere was good. Food just okay! I had the seafood share platter for my meal and found that the crab dip too salty to eat. Other guests each had mixed seafood grill and rated it so-so.Special Features:
- Nice SpotBigAlDined on 9/13/2014We've eaten here a couple of times and are completely satisfied with the restaurant. Wish the parking was a bit better, but other than that, it is excellent.Special Features:
- Great Food, Service, and LocationRogerBDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful.....nicely laid out. The food was excellent as was the service. Really had a great time.Special Features:
- Won't be back!!llwiDined on 9/10/2014Years ago was at the Boathouse and experienced terrible service. Thought we'd try again, given the beautiful building and amazing scenery. Well, the place was empty (lunchtime) - our table and one other and the food was cold. You would think that the kitchen could get it right with just two tables to deal with. The service was a bit slow but pleasant. In any event - won't be back.
- Memorable EveningportmoodydinerDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I had a memorable experience at the Boathouse last Tuesday. The food was excellent in quality and presentation. Our waiter "Arturro", however, made it the memorable night that it was. He anticipated our wants and surprised us at every turn.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Actually I like food mostly but am not pleased with service. Waitless's attitude makes us feel awful. And I want you fix inconvenience due to the different height of table. Whenever I go to Boathouse, I always experienced same problem.Special Features:
- Wish the food was betterFabPlaceVIPDined on 9/7/2014This was the third time that we have eaten at the Boathouse. We love the location and being outdoors on the water. We keep trying, but the food is not prepared to our satisfaction. The eggs benedict are not the best that Canada has to offer. Expected thicker Canadian Bacon and it was very thin and lacked flavor. The hash browns were over cooked, the omelet was over cooked and dry and the coffee was weak. Waitress was very excellent. Wish the food had been better.Special Features:
- Not too hotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Slow slow service to finally receive our dinner entrees. When they finally came, the food was not hot all all, just warm. This on a moderately busy Friday night.Special Features:
- great seafood fit for sharingjessw811Dined on 9/5/2014We went on a Friday night through open table reservation and we were seated quickly. Food is great as always. Food is tasty and fresh. Mussel steam pot was great. Bellinis was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst serviceJstoDined on 9/3/2014Took 30 minutes to get our drinks. The manager came over and served us attitude. Saying they were "over customered". Umm. What? I can solve that problem! On the flip side the food was good.
- Felt ripped offLuv2eatDined on 9/3/2014From the initial hostess greeting "how may I help you today" something You would hear in a pharmasave, after all it is a place to enjoy food, not welcome how many in your party, drinks came well after our ap's, I mean 20 min after, waited another 45 for entree's, I would have left if I didn't have my daughters with me, normally a good boathouse location, but my last 2 visit have been horrible. They need a complete revision on procedures.Special Features:
- MRTravellerDined on 9/1/2014Very casual lunch atmosphere; surprised at so few folks in restaurant on a holiday Monday. Smoked salmon hash way too salty but others quite liked their choices. Needs a redo décor wise - starting to look a little tired. But great views.Special Features:
- Waterfront with Great Food/ServiceSpils33Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant boasts amazing service from friendly attentive staff, breathtaking sunset views and a boardwalk to enjoy a walk after you have had your fill of flavor infused steak and seafood.Special Features:
- Good Eats.foodpoliceDined on 8/28/2014Notwithstanding the shared parking lot with non restaurant patrons, you gotta eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobalooDined on 8/26/2014Very nice setting (on the wwater and a spectacular sunset) and the appetizers and meals were very good although the meals were a little on the luke warm side by the time they reached us. A little shocked to pay $10 for a mere1 ounce shot of Drambuie but it did cap off a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Disappointed once againJimdDined on 8/25/2014Prices are high and the food is never very good. Service was rushed at times and nowhere to be found at others.Special Features:
- SolidbuchDined on 8/23/2014A great spot for dinner in the Port Moody neighbourhood. We enjoyed a lovely meal with the only suggestions being a bit more actual crab in the crab dip and a bigger lobster tail to go with my yummy steak at that price.Special Features:
- solidCoquitlamResidentDined on 8/21/2014I find that the Boathouse is usually solid in its consistency for their food and service. Our main server was polite and friendly, and when someone brought in our appy plate but dropped part of it and didn't come back with the replacement, he did when we inquired about it. Answered questions about the food with no hint of exasperation. Much better compared to when this location first opened.Special Features:
- ---22aaDined on 8/20/2014----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ballmech888Dined on 8/20/2014made reservation for a group of 10 to celebrate my son's 18th birthday. We all thought the food and drinks were good but the service very poor. It took way to long to get our menus, drinks, apps, entree's and desserts. Our meal took over 3 hours.Special Features:
- DisappointedTHollandDined on 8/19/2014I reserved a table a day in advance for my fiancés birthday and requested to sit next to the window overlooking the water (more romantic). When we arrived I was told they were all taken. It's highly unlikely the 10+ tables along the window were all reserved on a Tuesday night by other guests. Our appetizer showed up and there was plastic in it, pointed it out to the waitress who was apologetic but never offered to replace the dish or do anything else. I ordered a $10 caesar that was mainly ice and had no flavour. Waitress didn't check in to see how our meals tasted or if we wanted to order additional drinks. Entire meal felt rushed. Extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014Our server Christianne was excellent. Our food was delicious except for my steak which was tough - I expect to get a tender cut of meat when I spend over $30 for my entree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for ImprovementdinealotDined on 8/13/2014We attended as a large group of 12. They delivered the food to us all at the same time, which was great. Found some of the items overpriced, such as a small soup and salad at $13.99. Chicken club was very salty, maybe they were salting pre-seasoned chicken breasts and very garlicky. French fries could be better at a nice restaurant like this. Didn't seem fresh from scratch potatoes. Salmon burger was bland. Would have liked to have known if salmon is farmed or wild. Room for improvement in such a beautifully set restaurant.Special Features:
- NO PARKING!!!by9446Dined on 8/11/2014I've been going to the Boathouse for the last 20 years to celebrate special occasions! We had a 6:30p dinner reservation to celebrate our 24th anniversary with family and friends. I dropped them off at the door to get seated while I we parked the vehicle. Spent over 30 minutes doing laps around the lot! Yes, I tried to park along the street by the restaurant but its only for vehicles with boat trailers. 30 minutes! Needless to say, I was no longer in the celebration mood. I would suggest everyone make reservations at the NewWest location on the nicer days since the parking situation is horrible. Yes the NewWest location is further, trust me you'll be in a better mood..........or even another restaurant in the PM / Coq area.Special Features:
- pooralkatDined on 8/10/2014Steak was not tender. presentation was 3 out of 10. Stuffed prawns were coated with mushy bread crumbs with no seasoning. potatoes were watery. again, another bad experience at the Boathouse. They did, however, deduct some money from the total bill. We will never return to that Boathouse or any other one. Also, we will never recommend the Boathouse as a place to dine. Al WilliamsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent, service was ok, average, nothing that made her stand out. We waited a long time once we were seated for her to finally come and get us drinks/started. View spectacular! Like that we can reserve online. Also seemed "tight" like we were on top of each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014I came for after work drinks with co-workers - we did not eat. The server was attentive. The table was dirty when we were seated and it was difficult to find parking.
- Overpriced and UnderwhelmedgoodeatsDined on 8/6/2014Bad experiences at the Boathouse PoMo. Went for happy hour and early supper with a friend and sat out in the patio in the past. Fantastic view, great service and excellent food. So I thought that by treating my family for my birthday would be a great experience as well, wrong. First parking hassles, then wait for the table to be ready - we were already 15 mins late arriving for our reservation. (I have a Landry's card) Then we waited to have our orders taken, then waited be served, then another 2 hrs for the food. The food looked great when it arrived but our tastebuds were underwhelmed. Really, not worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Birthday CelebrationHeidiMomDined on 8/6/2014The atmosphere and food was terrific. We all enjoyed our meals tremendously.Special Features:
- disappointed1Dined on 8/5/2014Overall, we were disappointed. Our table was broken (very slanted) and we spent the dinner concerned we would spill our drinks on ourselves. Our steaks weren't made to our order. The pasta and soup we ordered were cold. There were also fruit flies around our food/table throughout our dinner. I'm usually a big fan of the boathouse, but I'm not too sure if we will be going anytime soon. For a $400 meal, I'd expect delicious food and a good ambiance.Special Features:
- Awesome Summer Night RestaurantPlayladiesDined on 8/2/2014Very busy park and fun to people watch while eating in the restaurant. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMolleyhDined on 8/2/2014A little disappointed, I've been before and didn't have the same experience. This time I took my parents out, seeing as they have never been, a nice treat. Food was good, service was ok, but the location of where we were seated was right by the kitchen and so very noisey! And withy the hot weather we have been having, and then people seating by the windows have to open them, so it's smoking hot in the restaurant. I would go back, but would ask to be seated along the windows. There was no shortage of servers, so the service should have been better. The valet service was the best choice for parking, parking there is the pits! They should have designated parking for the restaurant only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.