Boathouse New Westminster
New Westminster, BC V3M 6B9Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse New Westminster
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: 6045253474x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily 11:30am-4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Lounge menu: Monday -Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 11:30am-12:00am Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse New Westminster
The Boathouse is an upscale casual restaurant with premium waterfront dining featuring crab, shrimp, lobster, and salmon festivals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boathouse New Westminster reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (63)special occasion (40)great for outdoor dining (36)great for lunch (27)good for groups (26)great for brunch (23)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Slow Service with No EnthusiasmWestcoasterVIPDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was slow for a Sunday evening and our server was slow in greeting, did not mention any features or recommendations, did not check on us with our appetizers or entrees and we had to ask for bread. I'm sad that The Boathouse has gone downhill in my last few experiences. My feature heirloom tomato salad was barely average and cost us $10 and my feature scallops were $30 (luckily it was delicious- I really enjoyed this) Our booth seats were very narrow and we had no trouble getting in and out of our seats but it was not possible to feed my baby. I headed over to a corner of the deserted lounge area to feed my baby only to be swiftly addressed by the bar person that I could not feed him in this area! #disappointed
- Very accommodatingSheraDined on 8/23/2014The server/restaurant was very accommodating to my dietary needs. Server was very patient with us - we were a group of four with a small child. I, personally, couldn't make up my mind as to what I wanted to order due to a restricted diet; the restaurant gladly made my special requests.Special Features:
- Are we on TV?AlyGDined on 8/22/2014Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong for us at this meal. Our food sat under the heat lamps far too long, enough to turn our potatoes hard. Next upon receiving our food we did not have steak knives nor butter for the crab. When it came to ordering dessert there were only 2 options left on the menu, but that was unknown to our server who had to come back twice and let us know that it was unavailable. It was our server's first night at the restaurant and she tried her hardest but everything just seemed to not work out for us. Many factors turned this into a poor experience for my family and I, who were simply looking to celebrate 2 birthdays and have a night of good food.
- Excellent night out!TMPetersDined on 8/17/2014I've never been to this restaurant location before and it was such a fantastic experience! The food, service and environment were spot on and I will be a repeat customer. Would recommend dining here for any occasion!Special Features:
- Perfect Summer DinePlayladiesDined on 8/17/2014Watching the busy river, very comfortable outdoor seating. Has heat lamps if needed. Awesome service, and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service awful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our waitress was great but we were seated at a table that was slanted and keep tipping over and it was so close to the table next to us. It wasn't very romantic. And the food was not good! I order fish and chips and they were awful I was so disappointed with the food. The only thing I finished was my drink cause dinner and dessert were terrible. Definitely won't be going back for dinner.Special Features:
- SeafoodieDined on 8/16/2014I have to say that this dining experience was at the the top of the list for us. All the staff were very pleasant and our waiter " Ivan " was top notch.Service was excellent,food was excellent. I enjoyed watching the fishboats harvest the salmon. Kudos to the chefs and the management for providing customers with a superior experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night outSatiatedDined on 8/15/2014Great location on the New Westminster Waterfront. Really enjoyed the Crab Cakes for our appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront gemgourmadeeze5Dined on 8/8/2014we were celebrating our 30 year anniversary. the ambience was more touristy than romantic. i could of chosen another boathouse location that would have catered to our wish, however, this area was close by. the food was very good and the service was good also. we especially enjoyed the surprise dessert to celebrate our occasion. Overall we would recommend this place for outdoor eating.Special Features:
- Gl4dineDined on 8/2/2014The food was terrific and we were there on a quiet night so the ambience was mellow, in my opinion its too open and bright to be really romantic but the server was very helpful and thoughtful and made it a memorable evening, definitely recommend to friends and familyGlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoathouseAwaaDined on 8/2/2014Very good service and food lovely atmosphere awesome view quiet relaxing great wine and drink menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been great but very slowBearDined on 7/31/2014The Host at the door was nice and got us to our reserved table quickly. The Server was very nice, came to the table fast and seemed efficient. We ordered our food and everything seemed great. The appetizers came fast but we finished them and then we waited for at least 20 minutes. The server eventually came to tell us that the food would be coming soon. This is way too long to wait for ones food at a restaurant of this quality and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dining disasterDisappointedDined on 7/26/2014For a restaurant of choice this was, much to my chagrin,a dining experience choice for which I am still embarrassed for our party of five. We chose this establishment to celebrate both 61st & 93rd birthdays and our 40th wedding anniversary. I am truly embarrassed for the choice as the food was the worst I have experienced in many years. Cold, totally undercooked to the point of raw with the salmon plates. Seafood pasta combo that was lacking in everything from taste to presentation. My steak was blue and the vegetables uncooked. Basically, oh 4 five. Will I return, no! Will I recommend; no! Not much more I can say other than it was a horrendous experience that I would not want to wish on anyone.
- Customer serviceTheBizDined on 7/24/2014It was our anniversary and in th reservation I asked for a romantic spot to be seated. We felt very special when they commented on our special ocassional and gave us thebest seats in the house. The food was spectacular and the server outstanding. Our fist time there but not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerAuntiDoDined on 7/23/2014Although the restaurant didn't seem to be very busy, the service was very slow. Our orders were taken in a timely fashion but then it took a very long time to get our dinners. We waited more than thirty minutes to receive our food despite the fact that the order was fairly simple. Once we got to the coffee stage, the beverages were barely warm.Special Features:
- Bad Service, Food & Dirty UtensilsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/13/2014Unlike dinner service which is usually spot on the lunch service here and food quality was awful, coupled with dirty utensils our experience was pretty bad.
- Going Under.....Fastfood4thoughtDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I have been going to dine at the Boathouse for many years. In particular we like the restaurant in Horseshoe Bay but occasionally we go to others in the chain. Our experience this past Saturday in Westminster was perhaps the worst we can remember. When the food finally came the salmon was dry on the outside and not cooked in the inside, potatoes were not cocked, veggies were way overdone and the combination of the accompanying agri-dulce salad was way overboard. How a kitchen or a chef can make such a horror with such a a simple meal is more than what I can understand. . New management?? Chef's day off? Fix it or we are definitely not coming back.Special Features:
- Loved the outdoor patio.kj987Dined on 7/10/2014New Westminster has changed so I trouble getting to the restaurant but maybe I'm just challenged with directions. Restaurant is quite large but nice. Requested an outdoor patio seat that would be quiet and got exactly that. Asked the waiter to recommend a dish and ordered the sesame encrusted seared ahi with rice and mushrooms. Ahi was excellent. Rice was good but could have been better. Service was good. Not too much or too little. View is excellent.Special Features:
- Great placeAllyDined on 7/3/2014Great food pretty view of the board walk and river. The service was great! We will be back again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/1/2014As with all Boathouse restaurants, food doesn't justify the price as it is generally poorly done. had the appetizer sampler, the pita chips were ridiculously hard, crab dip was too salty, and kalamari wasn't very good.
- 75th BirthdayParkyDined on 6/29/2014Six of us celebrated my wife's birthday. We have been to this Restaurant twice before in the last year and have always been satisfied. On this occasion our server and another lady took exceptional care of us in every way. We all came away very satisfied and we thank you.Special Features:
- Great lunchBulaDined on 6/29/2014had a great lunch with special company, food was great will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Despite arriving on time for our reservation, we were told we would have to wait a few minutes while they got our table "ready." Ten minutes later, we were taken to our table in a section where NOT ONE other table was occupied, all 18 (yes, I counted) tables were completely set, and a few even already had water glasses filled. There were still empty tables in the section by the window, where we could also have been seated immediately. What was the point of making us wait?? Though everything was OK after that, it was a lousy way to begin our dinner, and completely unnecessary. The reception staff needs management to explain fully the concepts of reservations and empty tables to them, and soon. I will not be back here again.Special Features:
- Service with a smileKikithebushkangarooDined on 6/25/2014Our waiter was professional and courteous. He served a table of 9 in an attentive manner and never left us feeling neglected. The food was top notch, and the pricing was reasonable. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Slow service and absent wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014The service at the Boathouse was prompt when we sat down, but slowed down very much after that. The food took a very long time to arrive. Once I even saw the waiter look over at our empty table while they were serving food to the table beside us (who arrived and placed their orders after us). He did not return until after the food arrived and even veered around our table to serve others another time, probably not wanting to hear us complain. It seems to be a common issue at this restaurant, judging by the other reviews. The food was good but overpriced for what it was, and not hot. This restaurant needs kitchen management.Special Features:
- Not GreatGoldDined on 6/15/2014Sometimes things don't go well and then they get worse. 4 of us went for dinner on Father's Day and encountered a series of errors that made the dinner odd. Service was slow. 2 of our dinners finally showed up from a different waitress. 2 dinners did not. One wasn't what what we ordered. The manager then came and apologized, which we appreciated. We were invited to take the two orders home with us and were promised that 4, fresh, correct, dinners would arrive shortly. Again, slow. Another two dinners arrived from a different waitress. the wrong orders again. Finally the correct orders arrived. I didn't recognize the waiter. The food was good, but it made for an odd evening. Perhaps it was just a bad night, everyone was trying hard, but...Special Features:
- JasperDined on 6/15/2014The staff were good. The food was good. But too many young children and babies for our dining pleasure. I know it is a restaurant for families too, but I thought with the view it would have been quieter dining then what it was. I see no reason why children have to be running in a restaurant, which I feel ruins others dining.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinneranniesRgoodhereDined on 6/14/2014We had a great night. Server was patient with our wanting to spend time and not order everything at once. The restaurant was not too loud, which we have found with other Boathouses. The view was grand and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bee123Dined on 6/10/2014The Boathouse New Westminster is in a great location with a lovely view! It's open and spacious, the food was excellent. I had the sesame crusted ahi tuna which was fabulous! My friend had her favorite halibut fish and chips that she says the Boathouse does perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappydinerDined on 6/4/2014The food & services was very good. The waiter was knowledgeable, friendly & still very professional. It was a birthday celebration for my daughter & my 10 year old grandson was in attendance. The waiter gave him the same service as the adults & made it very special for my daughter & her son. We had asked for a window table & we got one. That also made it extra special. I would definitely recommend the Boathouse for an enjoyable experience. I do come to this restaurant often when we have a special occasion to celebrate or a lunch with someone I haven't seen for a while. I will be returning. Also liked the variety of selections on the menu Something for. everyone whether you have a small appetite or a larger one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boathouse NW disappoints49erdinerDined on 6/1/2014The scallops were overcooked and the creme brulee embarrassing. Staff were great, our waiter was not. Won't go back, can't forgive the scallops.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/29/2014we went in for a been early dinner and got a very good deal on meal. food was great as always. Server was very good and on his toe but the people sat next to us had no sense of other people talking on top of their lungs ,I thought certain people should not be in a nice place like this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014The service was excellent as my family was well taken care of. The view was great, our table was next to the window by the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 5/17/2014Dinner was great and food was excellent, the drinks priced on the high side which deterred me from ordering more than one. I had asked for a booth or a nice table for our special occasion and was disappointed in being stuck at the smallest table in the whole place while there lots of better tables available. When booking the reservation on line I specifically mentioned the special occasion and it was not recognized or acknowledged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too high $$$ for just OK foodGRMGDined on 5/13/2014The food was just OK....it took a very long time to get it and when we did, it was only semi-warm. We were too hungry by then to send it back. And besides, the server was not very attentive to our table so by the time she came back, we had already given up and ate some of the just OK food. Not much impressed when the bill came either. Too high a price for just OK food.Special Features:
- Ran out of Bread?!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Beside having to wait for an hour for our food, we were told they ran out of bread, and it was only when we asked for it that they told us. Both me and my wife ordered stake and they were low quality meat. We had to cut it to tiny pieces in order to eat them. Portions were very small for the price we paid...$40 each.
- Bad experienceTiffbbyDined on 5/11/2014Took my parents there for Mother's Day dinner. Had reservations, yet we still had to wait for a table as they were overbooked. Ended up sitting in the lounge which was their "best" table at the moment. My mother tried to order a shrimp rice bowl of some sort but the kitchen was out of it so she had to order something else. After waiting forever for our food, two out of the 3 meals were cold. Would not recommend that location Boathouse to anyone.Special Features:
- disappointed and hungrydisaster1Dined on 5/11/2014It was a buffet for mothers day I was not told it was a buffet especially a buffet that ends at 3 and my reservations were for 230, everything was cold and picked though. Everything looked like a dog's breakfast by the time I got there. Why would they allow reservations that late? I havenever been so dissatisfied with a meal in my life.Special Features:
- Overpriced for sub-par foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014The quality of the food and service does not match the high price point for the food at the Boathouse.Special Features:
- Enjoyable venue for Mothers dayfootladyDined on 5/10/2014We had a very nice evening at the Boathhouse. Our food was well prepared and very flavourful. The brocolini was however a little overcooked and dead. Or server was very polite and attentive. He could have used a bit more trainign when it come to serving wine. All together a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.