Boathouse New Westminster
New Westminster, BC V3M 6B9Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boathouse New Westminster
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/
- Phone: 6045253474x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily 11:30am-4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Lounge menu: Monday -Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 11:30am-12:00am Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brent Fisher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boathouse New Westminster
The Boathouse is an upscale casual restaurant with premium waterfront dining featuring crab, shrimp, lobster, and salmon festivals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boathouse New Westminster reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (58)special occasion (38)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (22)romantic (20)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I had a Ahi Tuna diner that was well prepared and well presented. The winw selection was satisfactory. Service was fast and professional.Special Features:
- Another fabulous anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014Visited the Boathouse during LobsterFest to celebrate our anniversary. Our server Shakeel was topnotch. The view from our table was lovely even though it was raining. Our food was prepared exactly as we requested (steak & crab-stuffed prawns for me while my husband had the coconut cod over quinoa dish with a lobster tail on the side). Enjoyed the espresso bean creme brulee dessert - it's seasonal but I hope it stays on the menu! Thanks again to the staff for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a2e3zwartzDined on 10/13/2014Service was slow. Ambiance was good. Portions of food were small. will not recommend for groups. Probably good for romantic and intimate dining. I will not categorize as fine dining.Special Features:
- KentDined on 10/7/2014Great place to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. I asked my wife what she would like, but she asked me what I would like. I had been craving a delicious steak. We both decided to order the Angus sirloin steak with mashed potatoes and greens. We both enjoyed the delicious food. Waitress obtained a window table for us to enjoy the the beautiful of the lights on the river and the passing boats. After dinner we went for a walk along the riverfront walkway, it was beautiful to see the moonlight dancing on the river. Thank You for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Not going back! E-V-E-R!healthyveganDined on 10/6/2014Few vegan/vegetarian options. The yam fries were burnt so we sent them back. The second batch was highly over-salted and seasoned with a spice blend that did not compliment the yams. The chunky hash browns with the omelet were unbearably salty besides tasting flat/strange. My salad had greens that were quite brown. The two other ingredients in it were few and far between. The waitress was pleasant, refilled water glasses but never asked us about the food or whether we wanted dessert or anything else. We gave a decent tip - but why? All-in-all, this lunch, which was supposed to be a birthday treat, was extremely disappointing. Was also there during the summer and had a similar negative experience. We were drawn in by the riverside view.Special Features:
- FreezeDined on 10/5/2014Excellent service and very good food........................................................................,,,,,Special Features:
- Enjoyed our visit.JunkmanDined on 10/5/2014Had a great steak and lobster dinner, complete with lobster bisque starter and mocha ice-cream pie dessert. Steak was prepared the way requested, and our service was good.Special Features:
- Another great nightdining42Dined on 10/4/2014They've done it again. The lobster stuffed crab was delicious. I would definitely order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterFestYYenDined on 10/1/2014We happen to go on the first day of the LobsterFest. The food was very tasty! Selection was good, and there was a 3 course option for 10 more which was awesome! I started with a delish lobster bisque, then the Lobster Thermidor, the flavor was nice and steak was perfectly cooked! Finished with a yummy mocha pie!Special Features:
- Dinner with kidsVancouverDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our evening but food took a bit longer than the kids at our table would have liked so we had to leave before they could have their dessert as we saw a melt down happening and didn't want to share with the adult patrons. Food was good, we probably should have just sat in the lounge.Special Features:
- A disappointmentOutandaboutDined on 9/27/2014Hostess was terrible-reservation was for 4, and we confirmed upon arrival that 2 more would be coming, but hostess told addl 2 that we weren't there and had no reservation. We had already been seated! A dirty dish was delivered for use (it was filthy). Skimpy drinks. Will NOT go back again.Special Features:
- Over pay for plagerismHorrib1eDined on 9/26/2014The food was good, but I needed fresh cracked pepper. Long story short. Food got cold. Drink was bad. The waiter however was great, personality wise. But I believe they may have been understaffed.Special Features:
- Wanted to be by the waterDJSDaveDined on 9/14/2014The Boathouse is one of the few restaurants in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Burnaby, Port Moody and New West that you can dine with a view of the water. Interestingly, my family (wife, kids aged 10 and 7) went to the restaurant for a Sunday dinner and it was not crowded and as such we had very attentive and speedy service. There was nothing spectacular on their menu and while it was seafood which tends to be more expensive, I felt that the prices were a bit beyond what I'd expect for the dishes that they served. There was nothing memorable about the food, but the package of typical (good) service; relatively good food, and a setting that is above average makes this restaurant modestly desirable.Special Features:
- SLooooowReddDined on 9/13/2014Great food, nice server but the kitchen took forever.Special Features:
- birthday party celebrationclipperDined on 9/11/2014Enjoyed the fish stew which was super filling. There were lots of mussels along with shrimps, salmon and other white fish. In a tomato broth on jasmine rice.Special Features:
- too badgirshyDined on 9/7/2014I would like to say that the Boat House is my wife's favorite resturant but for sine reason this time was really not the best... The service was great, but the food has had much better days. My wife's fish was over cooked, my steak was dry and tough, and the potato's were cold.. Maybe just an off night for the kitchen, never the less we didn't get what we played for....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire Cracker ShrimpnallasDined on 9/6/2014The quality of above item has changed. It is not as good as what it used to be about a year ago. This menu item should be revamped. The sauce is really very light and not spicy as the name of the item.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantwilldoagainDined on 9/5/2014Second time we have come here while staying at the Inn. Find it very intimate and the view is nice. The food is exceptional which brought us back and probably will again. The wine list is a bit pricey and the house selection is great but a little overpriced. Food came at a resonable paceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time favoriteJennDined on 9/5/2014This is 'my' favorite restaurant! Whenever someone in my family, or among my friends has an occasion for me to take them to dinner this is where I take them! Great food, Great service and just the best Lobster!!Special Features:
- Seafood excellence!Seafoodlover2Dined on 9/1/2014The The chop chop seafood salad had a very generous piece of fresh wild salmon on top of a bed of greens and salad shrimp. The dish also advertised scallops and when I searched for that I was told it was shaved scallops. Either remove scallops from the description or else add enough and slice so it is recognizable! ambiance and view lovely and server very attentive without interrupting our time in restaurant. The mustard salad dressing was delicious and overall a fine dish. This restaurant consistently serves excellent seafood with conscientious servers and a stunning water view. Never disappoints. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first timeSnickersDined on 8/31/2014Our first time visit was amazing and was not disappointing at all. We were greeted in a friendly manner by your hostess and seated us by a window view. Server Ivan was very knowledgeable and made some recommendations. Dinner was serviced very fast and the presentation looked great as well as taste. We would gladly return again for another dinner evening.Special Features:
- Slow Service with No EnthusiasmWestcoasterVIPDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was slow for a Sunday evening and our server was slow in greeting, did not mention any features or recommendations, did not check on us with our appetizers or entrees and we had to ask for bread. I'm sad that The Boathouse has gone downhill in my last few experiences. My feature heirloom tomato salad was barely average and cost us $10 and my feature scallops were $30 (luckily it was delicious- I really enjoyed this) Our booth seats were very narrow and we had no trouble getting in and out of our seats but it was not possible to feed my baby. I headed over to a corner of the deserted lounge area to feed my baby only to be swiftly addressed by the bar person that I could not feed him in this area! #disappointed
- Very accommodatingSheraDined on 8/23/2014The server/restaurant was very accommodating to my dietary needs. Server was very patient with us - we were a group of four with a small child. I, personally, couldn't make up my mind as to what I wanted to order due to a restricted diet; the restaurant gladly made my special requests.Special Features:
- Are we on TV?AlyGDined on 8/22/2014Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong for us at this meal. Our food sat under the heat lamps far too long, enough to turn our potatoes hard. Next upon receiving our food we did not have steak knives nor butter for the crab. When it came to ordering dessert there were only 2 options left on the menu, but that was unknown to our server who had to come back twice and let us know that it was unavailable. It was our server's first night at the restaurant and she tried her hardest but everything just seemed to not work out for us. Many factors turned this into a poor experience for my family and I, who were simply looking to celebrate 2 birthdays and have a night of good food.
- Excellent night out!TMPetersDined on 8/17/2014I've never been to this restaurant location before and it was such a fantastic experience! The food, service and environment were spot on and I will be a repeat customer. Would recommend dining here for any occasion!Special Features:
- Perfect Summer DinePlayladiesDined on 8/17/2014Watching the busy river, very comfortable outdoor seating. Has heat lamps if needed. Awesome service, and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service awful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our waitress was great but we were seated at a table that was slanted and keep tipping over and it was so close to the table next to us. It wasn't very romantic. And the food was not good! I order fish and chips and they were awful I was so disappointed with the food. The only thing I finished was my drink cause dinner and dessert were terrible. Definitely won't be going back for dinner.Special Features:
- SeafoodieDined on 8/16/2014I have to say that this dining experience was at the the top of the list for us. All the staff were very pleasant and our waiter " Ivan " was top notch.Service was excellent,food was excellent. I enjoyed watching the fishboats harvest the salmon. Kudos to the chefs and the management for providing customers with a superior experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night outSatiatedDined on 8/15/2014Great location on the New Westminster Waterfront. Really enjoyed the Crab Cakes for our appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront gemgourmadeeze5Dined on 8/8/2014we were celebrating our 30 year anniversary. the ambience was more touristy than romantic. i could of chosen another boathouse location that would have catered to our wish, however, this area was close by. the food was very good and the service was good also. we especially enjoyed the surprise dessert to celebrate our occasion. Overall we would recommend this place for outdoor eating.Special Features:
- Gl4dineDined on 8/2/2014The food was terrific and we were there on a quiet night so the ambience was mellow, in my opinion its too open and bright to be really romantic but the server was very helpful and thoughtful and made it a memorable evening, definitely recommend to friends and familyGlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoathouseAwaaDined on 8/2/2014Very good service and food lovely atmosphere awesome view quiet relaxing great wine and drink menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been great but very slowBearDined on 7/31/2014The Host at the door was nice and got us to our reserved table quickly. The Server was very nice, came to the table fast and seemed efficient. We ordered our food and everything seemed great. The appetizers came fast but we finished them and then we waited for at least 20 minutes. The server eventually came to tell us that the food would be coming soon. This is way too long to wait for ones food at a restaurant of this quality and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dining disasterDisappointedDined on 7/26/2014For a restaurant of choice this was, much to my chagrin,a dining experience choice for which I am still embarrassed for our party of five. We chose this establishment to celebrate both 61st & 93rd birthdays and our 40th wedding anniversary. I am truly embarrassed for the choice as the food was the worst I have experienced in many years. Cold, totally undercooked to the point of raw with the salmon plates. Seafood pasta combo that was lacking in everything from taste to presentation. My steak was blue and the vegetables uncooked. Basically, oh 4 five. Will I return, no! Will I recommend; no! Not much more I can say other than it was a horrendous experience that I would not want to wish on anyone.
- Customer serviceTheBizDined on 7/24/2014It was our anniversary and in th reservation I asked for a romantic spot to be seated. We felt very special when they commented on our special ocassional and gave us thebest seats in the house. The food was spectacular and the server outstanding. Our fist time there but not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerAuntiDoDined on 7/23/2014Although the restaurant didn't seem to be very busy, the service was very slow. Our orders were taken in a timely fashion but then it took a very long time to get our dinners. We waited more than thirty minutes to receive our food despite the fact that the order was fairly simple. Once we got to the coffee stage, the beverages were barely warm.Special Features:
- Bad Service, Food & Dirty UtensilsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/13/2014Unlike dinner service which is usually spot on the lunch service here and food quality was awful, coupled with dirty utensils our experience was pretty bad.
- Going Under.....Fastfood4thoughtDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I have been going to dine at the Boathouse for many years. In particular we like the restaurant in Horseshoe Bay but occasionally we go to others in the chain. Our experience this past Saturday in Westminster was perhaps the worst we can remember. When the food finally came the salmon was dry on the outside and not cooked in the inside, potatoes were not cocked, veggies were way overdone and the combination of the accompanying agri-dulce salad was way overboard. How a kitchen or a chef can make such a horror with such a a simple meal is more than what I can understand. . New management?? Chef's day off? Fix it or we are definitely not coming back.Special Features:
- Loved the outdoor patio.kj987Dined on 7/10/2014New Westminster has changed so I trouble getting to the restaurant but maybe I'm just challenged with directions. Restaurant is quite large but nice. Requested an outdoor patio seat that would be quiet and got exactly that. Asked the waiter to recommend a dish and ordered the sesame encrusted seared ahi with rice and mushrooms. Ahi was excellent. Rice was good but could have been better. Service was good. Not too much or too little. View is excellent.Special Features:
- Great placeAllyDined on 7/3/2014Great food pretty view of the board walk and river. The service was great! We will be back again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.