BOA Steakhouse - Sunset
9200 W Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BOA Steakhouse - Sunset
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boasteak.com/
- Phone: (310) 278-2050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30AM to 2:30PM
Dinner: Sunday - Monday 5:30PM to 10:30PM ׀ Tuesday - Wednesday 5:30PM to 11:00PM ׀ Thursday - Saturday 5:30PM to 12:00AM
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 5:00PM - 7:00PM, Bar & Lounge only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer various private dining rooms to suit parties up to 55 guests seated, 100 guests reception-style. Please contact our Catering & Special Events department for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Ruth Anne Gibson 3102716000x113
- Special Events: Contact RuthAnne Gibson @ (310) 271-6000 ext 113 for more information regarding Private Dining & Special Events.
A word from BOA Steakhouse - Sunset
BOA Steakhouse is a contemporary American steakhouse. A place for the new "Rat Pack" to hang your hats. Great steaks and seafood, something for everyone with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BOA Steakhouse - Sunset - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
BOA Steakhouse - Sunset reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)hot spot (76)good for groups (54)great for outdoor dining (51)vibrant bar scene (41)romantic (40)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (37)late-night find (19)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (12)scenic view (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014Good food, great waiting staff. Only issue is that I had a reservation, showed up on time for my reservation, was asked to "sit and wait for another hostess" to sit us, ok that's fine. What's not fine is watching five other groups of varying sizes get sat immediately as they walk through the door. When I go back up 10 minutes later I was told they still need another hostess to sit me. After waiting 15 minutes past my reservation we were finally seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comparatively Speaking: Just OKRCGourmandDined on 11/22/2014There are so many "high end" restaurants in this city, a venue such as BOA needed to show much more to stand out, unfortunately, this was not the case. Going in at this price point, there is an expectation of quality and substance. BOA doesn't measure up in either category. Where they shine is service - hands down the best "feature" of this restaurant. To start, my wife and I shared the table side Caesar Salad which was a nice show, but definitely not anything special. The Parmesan cheese seemed to be of the powdered variety, although it was added so quickly it was hard to confirm, but it didn't seem to be fresh grated. The Romaine was mostly white leaves, not as green as I prefer. The Caesar Salad at the less expensive Charthouse is better. We shared the creamed spinach, and we shared the huge baked potato - neither one was hot. The worst thing for a restaurant that forces you to order your potato as an expensive side is for it to not be hot enough to melt the skimpy thimble sized portion of cheese that is served on the side. Creamed spinach should also be served hot, unless it's served with nachos as a dip. The otherwise horrible Warehouse in MDR serves a baked potato that is bigger than this, and it comes hot. The Charthouse again beats this restaurant in the creamed spinach category. Since this is a "steakhouse", maybe my review of the Entrees is a little unfair because my wife and I both had seafood - the shrimp and the scallops, both sautéed in butter, neither one anything special. Maestros, Geoffrey's, Water Grill, all do seafood much better of course. Even Lawry's does it's limited seafood choices more justice! Add a couple of drinks to the above and voila - you're at $200.00 which includes the tip, but does not include the mandatory $11.00 valet parking. Money doesn't matter much if you're receiving the quality you're paying for, but this place doesn't merit the cost. For bar hopping and groups, this may be a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nov 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Not impressed with this restaurant it was recommended by a friend but our visit was definitely not up to the standard she received. We were put into a corner and forgotten. Service was slow drinks were not refilled. Massively disappointed in the taste of the mac and cheese. Meant to be smoked for some reason but tasted awful. Will not be recommendingSpecial Features:
- What could be worse?RedcutVIPDined on 11/18/2014So I book at table for 4 @ 7pm. Got served at 8:30. Waiter was on at least 6 tops and ignored us while talking to them. I went here a couple times before. Once I ordered a bottle of Dom and it came warm. The cool outdoor bar/lounge is gone. They added more tables and killed the bar scene. Without changes I give the through 2015 max.
- Trendy SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014This is my "go to" restaurant for a fun trendy overall fab evening. The food does not disapoint. This restaurant has a great bas scene so go early and have a drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed and DissatisfiedVail77VIPDined on 11/15/2014Just like a first date, the first few minutes at a restaurant reveal a myriad of data and this "first date" revealed several red flags. Surprisingly, valet was quick & efficient. As we ventured our way to the Hostess's rostrum, there were two ladies standing there to greet us. The head hostess was stiff and we weren't greeted effusively, albeit the other hostess was friendly and chatty as she escorted us to our table. The table wasn't what I requested, which is fine but they should have at least mentioned this to us when we arrived. The elite restaurants all over the world always do this. We were seated in the outside area with minimal heaters to accommodate each table (wife asked the waiter for a heater but stated none were "available"). After 10 minutes, I can see my wife and other women seated nearby starting to shiver, and the sound of Louboutins tapping against the wood reminded me of the "Sunrise Dance" sans symbols at an Indian reservation in Saskatchewan. Anyways, midway through the appetizers, I ordered the waiter to commandeer a heater for us (this was the first of a few times where I had to do the waiters job instead of enjoying our conversation). The waiter was helpful & he actually did it himself, which was commendable despite his position at the restaurant. The salads were delicious & the waiter's helper actually made it in front of us with intense passion. The steaks weren't that great & the veggies were bland. I had to pour our wine & water from the bottle a few times. All in all, not a great dining experience. We've dined at many Michelin rated restaurants all over the world, hence my observations noted here aren't off the mark for BOA. I didn't have high expectations for this place and I was accurate. BOA certainly epitomizes that LA buzz with a vibrant bar scene, superb decor & ambiance, an attractive crowd filled with trust fund babies, etc,, and the paparazzi loitering like hungry lions. This establish is more about the "scene" than the cuisine.Special Features:
- Fun Birthday SpotAnnieDined on 11/15/2014Went here for my Birthday and had an awesome time. We ordered a ton of food and everything was delicious. The tableside Caesar Salad was cool to watch and by far the best Ceasar we had ever had. Our server was funny and attentive. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and spectacular service!!ChrissyDined on 11/15/2014Execellent Restaurant. Great food and spectacular service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakerrific!Cerfin11Dined on 11/14/2014One of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Wife had the salmon and was in love. Everything was wonderful. Wish they had a larger beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovenest55Dined on 10/31/2014The best, I had planned to go based on what was said. But I make up my own mind. It was as good as I was told if not better!Special Features:
- Great Ambiance in a great cityAmrdiningDined on 10/29/2014Everything was perfect, starting with the welcoming ushers and ending with the great Dessert. The waiter service was wonderful as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014Both service and food were lousy. When we arrived, hostess said she would "find" us when our table was ready. I just happened to check my cell only to see 2 texts from her telling us our table was ready. Good thing I checked my phone! Not to mention we were sitting 10 feet away from the hostess stand in the bar. Took forever for the order taker to take our order. Food then took forever. Had to ask server to check on it. Our $53 steaks came out way overcooked. Lobster mashed and creamed spinach were EXTREMELY salty and only lukewarm. The mumbling manager came by and said something. Couldn't understand a word he said. Zero attention to detail on all counts. Back to Mastro's we go......
- Nice spot for entertainingBarnabyDined on 10/23/2014Everyone was top notch, from service to food and drink. Definite winner.Special Features:
- Great food/horrible parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/23/2014It is sad that a good food experience can be so damaged by the aggregation of simply retrieving one's car from the sadly mandatory parking garage.The garage attached to the building offers you no choice but to valet, they charge an exorbitate fee and slow service. I had become accustomed to the 10 plus minutes of standing around once i had paid the attendant, but when last week I had been waiting just short of 20 mins and was about to be late to my next meeting, i asked (a second time) about the location of my car, and discovered they couldnt locate it. More drama ensured, 5 mins later my car comes, I attempt to exit, only to be stopped at the gate arm because the machine didnt recognize my ticket as being paid. thank god i kept the receiptSpecial Features:
- AMAZINGFRANKVDined on 10/18/2014THIS WAS MY WIFES AND I FIRST TIME HERE THE ATMOSPHERE, THE FOOD, THE SERVICE, THE WAITER WAS ABLE TO ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS WITH NO PROBLEM. HE KNEW EVEYTHING ON THE MENU AND HIS SERVICE WAS A 10 OUT OF 10 I WOULD DEFINETLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY WIFES DINNER DATE SPECTACULAR AND AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Boa's .. Amazing staffTheSwifferMomDined on 10/10/2014.. Boa's is the BEST .. My family and I love the food and the staff is Stellar .. Hands down it's the best place I've ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything but the foodRolle27Dined on 10/9/2014I really wanted this to be perfect, but no matter how many times I think about it - the food wasn't up there. Bread was very dry, Asparagus was full of sand (every single one of the 6-7 I tasted), Lobster really boring and finally the steak was dull and simply below average. Wine was better, but not mindblowing. I am a frequent traveller and try to always find time to check out the local restaurants where ever I go. BOA Steakhouse is no way near worth the money compared to other places around the states and even around the globe. The place is nice, but the quality of the food is down the ladder. Not directly bad, but no way near a top restaurant. They try so hard to make you feel good, and then the kitchen just lacks a lot. What a pity.Special Features:
- BoaPennArtVIPDined on 10/4/2014The steak is always consistently great, lots of interesting people. Overall a great place.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotJudyDined on 10/2/2014The $$$$ rating often keeps me from eating at this restaurant, just a block from my house. Whereas it's quite expensive for dinner, I'd call it just $$ for lunch. It's a very pretty spot and the food is excellent. Definitely a place for either a casual lunch or to take someone for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSpencerDined on 9/29/2014Highlight of our eating experiences in LA. Recommended by Australian friends who frequent LA often and we thoroughly enjoyed the resturant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impecibale servicePlanniFoodieDined on 9/29/2014I would just like to say that our waitress as well as our salade maker, and other servers were absolutely delightful and kind. I can't wait to come back. I was there twice in one week and still want to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Dissapointed -DM76Dined on 9/27/2014BOA has been my go to for meetings, celebrations, or a quick dinner when in LA. I am usually impressed with the service, but my most recent visit left an awful taste in my mouth. Upon arriving, an emotionless host greeted me by saying it would be at least 15 minutes to be seated because they are busy. When I asked if they are typically late she responded abruptly: “Go to the bar and I will let you know when the table is ready.” I must have upset her, because when I was seated next to the kitchen. My dinner was with an on air personality, and we were constantly distracted by waiter banter. I asked if I could move to another section, I was told they were holding that section … at 10:30 pm as the restaurant was slowly emptying.
- First Time & Great TimeRB36VIPDined on 9/21/2014This was my first time dining at BOA and it was everything and more than I expected. The service was incredible from everyone in the restaurant which made the experience unforgettable. The food was great, we ordered the signature table side Caesar Salad along with the Petite Filets and Twice Baked Potato all of which were great. Truly a sunday we will remember for a while.Special Features:
- Great food but...Jel3Dined on 9/17/2014We have been to Boa in the past and were excited to enjoy another meal. The food was very good and prepared perfectly. Our problem was with the environment. We unfortunately did not get an outside table and the interior was extremely hot. We usually enjoy a bottle of red wine with our steaks but it was so hot that we could not think of having wine with dinner. We told our server and they did try to adjust the temperature but it only helped a small amount. We would go back, but if we had the same issue, we would not stay and dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was amazingcooks14Dined on 9/15/2014The service was perfect, celebrated for my girlfriends birthday and they made her day special by making her a special desert saying happy birthday. Highly recommend and will be back. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!LadymeenDined on 9/14/2014I love BOA. Beautiful ambiance, great staff and delightful menu. I love the table-side ceasar salad and I look forward to making this restaurant a monthly event for myself and close friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014I'd long felt - before going there - that BOA was a 'hip' restaurant, favoring style over substance. A recent visit changed that perception. The staff was super-friendly, the food was terrific and the ambience was very laid back. I think we've found a new neighborhood fave.Special Features:
- superb, couldnt fault itgilksyDined on 9/7/2014What an amazing find. A great restaurant with a Hollywood vibe. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a good feed on sunset. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Strip GemXXXXDined on 9/7/2014My wife had a few appetizers, all were very very good, her brother had a hamburger, said it was great, I had the Petite New York steak, excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowLondonladDined on 9/7/2014It blows away the high end UK steak houses( mash,gaucho,smiths) AmazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/4/2014Went with friends for my birthday - everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & specialty drinksLpblakenDined on 9/3/2014Boa was excellent. We both had steaks that were amazing. They were cooked perfect and extremely tender. I had a blackberry mash cocktail that was fabulous. We also had cheesecake dessert with a raspberry gelato that was excellent as well. The staff was great, and the atmosphere was good as well. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a big missdenverdinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014We were at Boa on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was busy, but not completely full. All the food was excellent, especially the steak tartare and the filet. But the service was really sub-par for a restaurant like this. Our entrees came out while we were still enjoying our appetizers. I asked for the sommelier to come back in a few moments after he handed me the wine list, but he disappeared for so long that we were well into our entrees without wine. Our waiter disappeared for long stretches (like when he could have taken a wine order). There was a whole army of staff at Boa, constantly going back and forth near our table, yet getting someone's attention was nearly impossible. I'm sure we can find better places in LA.Special Features:
- NY, Ribeye & Filet Mignon, so good!GlamVixDined on 8/30/2014The best steak we have had so far! The knife literally cut through the steak like butter. Definitely try the Parmesan cheese french fries. Their garlic mashed potatoes are to die for. It was my birthday and the staff surprised me and my friends with a delicious dessert adorned with a firework! One of our best dining experiences to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Experience at BOAsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I have to say I was very impressed with the atmosphere and quality of food, however the service could have been better. Had to ask the servers a number of times for heater as we were sitting outdoors and it was chilly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaisalVIPDined on 8/22/2014Very Vibrant and Noisy style of restaurant but I liked itSpecial Features:
- Great experience !!!!TomOhioDined on 8/22/2014My family and I were totally impressed with our entire experience! The staff was very accommodating, the outdoor setting was ideal. This was, without question, one of the best meals I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Very nice spot with a cool patio. The food is good but I would not put it on my short list of steakhouses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance is wonderfulJesusisluvDined on 8/20/2014I love everything about BOA. The food is excellent and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Amazing staff help make this already great restaurant perfect.Special Features: