BOA Steakhouse - Sunset
9200 W Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BOA Steakhouse - Sunset
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boasteak.com/
- Phone: 3102782050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30AM to 2:30PM
Dinner: Sunday - Monday 5:30PM to 10:30PM ׀ Tuesday - Wednesday 5:30PM to 11:00PM ׀ Thursday - Saturday 5:30PM to 12:00AM
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 5:00PM - 7:00PM, Bar & Lounge only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer various private dining rooms to suit parties up to 55 guests seated, 100 guests reception-style. Please contact our Catering & Special Events department for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Ruth Anne Gibson 3102716000x113
- Special Events: Contact RuthAnne Gibson @ (310) 271-6000 ext 113 for more information regarding Private Dining & Special Events.
A word from BOA Steakhouse - Sunset
BOA Steakhouse is a contemporary American steakhouse. A place for the new "Rat Pack" to hang your hats. Great steaks and seafood, something for everyone with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BOA Steakhouse - Sunset - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
BOA Steakhouse - Sunset reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)hot spot (81)great for outdoor dining (71)good for groups (65)romantic (59)fit for foodies (46)vibrant bar scene (44)notable wine list (44)late-night find (25)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (18)scenic view (16)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- First Time & Great TimeRB36VIPDined on 9/21/2014This was my first time dining at BOA and it was everything and more than I expected. The service was incredible from everyone in the restaurant which made the experience unforgettable. The food was great, we ordered the signature table side Caesar Salad along with the Petite Filets and Twice Baked Potato all of which were great. Truly a sunday we will remember for a while.Special Features:
- Great food but...Jel3Dined on 9/17/2014We have been to Boa in the past and were excited to enjoy another meal. The food was very good and prepared perfectly. Our problem was with the environment. We unfortunately did not get an outside table and the interior was extremely hot. We usually enjoy a bottle of red wine with our steaks but it was so hot that we could not think of having wine with dinner. We told our server and they did try to adjust the temperature but it only helped a small amount. We would go back, but if we had the same issue, we would not stay and dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was amazingcooks14Dined on 9/15/2014The service was perfect, celebrated for my girlfriends birthday and they made her day special by making her a special desert saying happy birthday. Highly recommend and will be back. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!LadymeenDined on 9/14/2014I love BOA. Beautiful ambiance, great staff and delightful menu. I love the table-side ceasar salad and I look forward to making this restaurant a monthly event for myself and close friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014I'd long felt - before going there - that BOA was a 'hip' restaurant, favoring style over substance. A recent visit changed that perception. The staff was super-friendly, the food was terrific and the ambience was very laid back. I think we've found a new neighborhood fave.Special Features:
- superb, couldnt fault itgilksyDined on 9/7/2014What an amazing find. A great restaurant with a Hollywood vibe. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a good feed on sunset. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Strip GemXXXXDined on 9/7/2014My wife had a few appetizers, all were very very good, her brother had a hamburger, said it was great, I had the Petite New York steak, excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowLondonladDined on 9/7/2014It blows away the high end UK steak houses( mash,gaucho,smiths) AmazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/4/2014Went with friends for my birthday - everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & specialty drinksLpblakenDined on 9/3/2014Boa was excellent. We both had steaks that were amazing. They were cooked perfect and extremely tender. I had a blackberry mash cocktail that was fabulous. We also had cheesecake dessert with a raspberry gelato that was excellent as well. The staff was great, and the atmosphere was good as well. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a big missdenverdinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014We were at Boa on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was busy, but not completely full. All the food was excellent, especially the steak tartare and the filet. But the service was really sub-par for a restaurant like this. Our entrees came out while we were still enjoying our appetizers. I asked for the sommelier to come back in a few moments after he handed me the wine list, but he disappeared for so long that we were well into our entrees without wine. Our waiter disappeared for long stretches (like when he could have taken a wine order). There was a whole army of staff at Boa, constantly going back and forth near our table, yet getting someone's attention was nearly impossible. I'm sure we can find better places in LA.Special Features:
- NY, Ribeye & Filet Mignon, so good!GlamVixDined on 8/30/2014The best steak we have had so far! The knife literally cut through the steak like butter. Definitely try the Parmesan cheese french fries. Their garlic mashed potatoes are to die for. It was my birthday and the staff surprised me and my friends with a delicious dessert adorned with a firework! One of our best dining experiences to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Experience at BOAsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I have to say I was very impressed with the atmosphere and quality of food, however the service could have been better. Had to ask the servers a number of times for heater as we were sitting outdoors and it was chilly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FaisalVIPDined on 8/22/2014Very Vibrant and Noisy style of restaurant but I liked itSpecial Features:
- Great experience !!!!TomOhioDined on 8/22/2014My family and I were totally impressed with our entire experience! The staff was very accommodating, the outdoor setting was ideal. This was, without question, one of the best meals I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Very nice spot with a cool patio. The food is good but I would not put it on my short list of steakhouses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance is wonderfulJesusisluvDined on 8/20/2014I love everything about BOA. The food is excellent and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014Amazing staff help make this already great restaurant perfect.Special Features:
- BOA is great!foodie1000Dined on 8/19/2014Great restaurant! Great service! Great meetup for singles, friends, family and business! Looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- On the top of my favorites..Mrktman1Dined on 8/16/2014Being born and raised in Manhattan having ate everywhere from the Friars Club, the 21 Club, Tavern on the Green, Peter Lugers...This restaurant surpasses them all. My new favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Great service and accommodating. General manager went way out of his way for us.Special Features:
- Could be a great placeCarefreeVIPDined on 8/14/2014This app won't let me choose anything but "quiet" or "can't recall" for noise level so I'll state here it was noisy. Ambiance was great - good vibe here. Tuna tare tare was substandard. Steak was great - not sure why they encourage you to dilute the great quality meat with sauces and rubs. Sides were good. Great wine list. Service was really slow which was surprising considering it wasn't fully busy. Overall we enjoyed it but I had high expectations and they weren't met. Seemed very disorganized. This place could be so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Very good food and service. View of busy street and buildings across was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!TheJsDined on 8/10/2014My family was on vacation and decided to try BOA... The food was off the charts!! Spectacular! We highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could have been betterlevka4foodDined on 8/10/2014If you have an occasion and willing to spend on food and drinks you don't want to hear excuses from the waitress about somebody was not at the kitchen and she had to do it herself. May be Sunday evening is not the best night to go there…Special Features:
- Great Place to VisitHollywoodvisitDined on 8/4/2014My 13 year old daughter and I had a blast! After our TMZ tour, my daughter insisted we go and eat there. I had to oblige. I had no problems booking a reservation. From the time we walked in the door, the staff was exceptionally friendly. The food was great... especially the Cesar salad. They make it at your table. YUMMMMY!!!!! Would definitely go back!!!!! BOA lived up to its reviews!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jleeper29Dined on 8/4/2014The minute we walked in we felt welcomed by the BOA staff because we were first time patrons we didn't know what to expect but any initial concerns on my wife and I's part about how the food would taste, or what our service would be like quickly passed once we were seated and walked thru what was easily the best dining experience either of us has ever enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakhouseKayJayDined on 8/2/2014I'm not really a "steak person" but this is by far the best place to snag one if you're in the mood. I love the overall aura of the restaurant. It's romantic yet vibrant. It is a bit pricey but extremely worth it. Loved every bite of my meal and the service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I expected and more...Preece03Dined on 7/28/2014Wanted to go for a long time and finally had the chance. The food was excellent, outdoor seating was more intimate than inside and service was top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014My boyfriend and I went here for our anniversary. The ambience and service was absolutely amazing however we were not too thrilled about their mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. The filet mignon and organic chicken was great, we just have had better sides from other places such as Flemmings and Ruth Chris. Nonetheless, it was a really nice atmosphere so If we do go back I'll try something else off the menu.Special Features:
- An experience to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/27/2014When you first are seated you will notice the attention to details and the impeccable service. Sometimes the waiters are falling over each other because they want to give great service. All of the staff was pleasant and personable without the typical LA attitude. The food quality was very good. You certainly will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- I just didn't like our serverDeezgirlDined on 7/26/2014Good...actually great food!! Oh the butter cake is to die for!! Oh and the crab cakes...oh and the lobster potatos...heck the food is just great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOAmandsanVIPDined on 7/25/2014The evening was great, the food was good the only problem was 3 out of 4 stakes were over cooked, medium instead of medium rare etc. But we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Courteous and Attentive staff!WineNdineDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I recently dined at Boa and had a fabulous evening! We arrived a few minutes early and were greeted with a smile by the hostess. We were told that our table would be ready in a few minutes and that if we would like to wait in the lounge they would come get us. My husband told her we would grab a drink and she responded pleasantly that we should enjoy our drink and let her know when we were ready to be seated. The bar staff was just as courteous and attentive. As promised, we were seated when we were ready. Shortly after sitting, the wait staff arrived and welcomed us. The prawns, table side Caesar salad and steaks were delicious! We can't thank The Boa staff enough for an enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what happenedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Im not sure what happened. The dinner was great but I woke up in the middle of the night and ran to the restroom with a stomachache. I only had a banana and some chips for lunch so I figured it must had been from the dinner at BOA. I had the Center Cut Fillet and everything taste great until 3AM.Special Features:
- pleinaireDined on 7/23/2014The patio setting was really nice (except for the few bugs coming out of the vegetation we were seated next to). The food was elegantly presented and quite good. The overall service was excellent (we were checked on frequently and the support staff was very polite). The only thing that kind of ruined the overall experience was the difficulty in getting the check. At the end of the meal we really needed to leave but getting and paying the check took maybe 20 minutes. That made us late to our next appointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Fantastic service, food and atmosphere! Excellent food with VERY attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceImamDined on 7/20/2014Excellent taste and service. Our reservation wasn't respecte and we had to insist to get a table at the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantFoodie50Dined on 7/17/2014Lunch was part of our DineLA experience. The patio seating was very comfortable as there was a persistent cool breeze, but the restaurant has glass panels that stops any direct wind. The service was very good and everyone was very friendly. Even though the restaurant was crowded the noise level was low, maybe due to the fact that there were no children present as this was a weekday. The food was very good and presented nicely. The dessert cookie and onion rings were incredible. I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions, but be aware parking is $7 with restaurant validation.Special Features:
- Fantastic food but...GoodpickensDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I felt like we were being stowed away in the back of the restaurant so we asked for a different table outside. They said there was no outdoor tables available and no booths by the windows available, but they could give us a different table. I was going to ask for the manager but decided oh well this table is ok. The food ended up being incredible and the service was top notch. I was super impressed with the food and service, and a little disappointed that we couldn't sit outside. The tables where we sat were real close together too so I ended up feeling like I couldn't have a private conversation with my wife and I was stuck listening to my neighbors complain about their jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.