BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica
101 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boasteak.com/
- Phone: 3108994466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call 310-271-6000 to get more information on our catering & special event offerings.
A word from BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica
BOA Steakhouse is a contemporary steakhouse, serving classic steakhouse fare with a twist. Urbanite modern setting where food and service are top notch and the ambiance is relaxed and fashionable.Continued
If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)great for outdoor dining (43)scenic view (40)fit for foodies (35)romantic (31)notable wine list (30)hot spot (28)good for groups (26)great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Our BOA experience1sttimedinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014My gf and I decided to try BOA out for dinner. We were seated promptly on arrival in the patio area. The table was a bit small and I was a little concerned about the warm temperature, but the cool breeze that night made for a great experience. Every table was occupied but I never felt like we had to strain to be able to hold a conversation. The food was excellent. We each tried the petite filet with blue cheese sauce on top, steamed spinach and the garden salad. Everything was cooked perfectly and each bite of steak made my mouth water for another. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Overall I was happy with the experience and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overrated . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I love getting out and trying new, upscale places to eat. That being said we have eaten at better places for the price. The food was good but not to the level you would expect for a $50.00 steak. It is a great place if your checking off your food bucket list but not the absolute top of the list. The bread was hard and cold, the steak had good flavor but was overdone, and we asked for the steak to be split and they didn't split it. Again, overall, the food was good but not what we expected for the caliber of restaurant.
- Worth the costNlevDined on 8/28/2014Some of the best steaks cooked perfectly. Excellent service with an ocean view.Special Features:
- A must for visitors!JenniferDined on 8/26/2014We were in the area for a week from Toronto. Had heard about Boa, was everything we expected. Great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good steak placeObi1VIPDined on 8/24/2014Steaks and seafood were good. Had a salad and it was also good as well as a few of the side. Had a great ocean view in a nice comfortable booth.Special Features:
- Come with your boo!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014The ambience is very good. The food service is timely and tasty. One of the must try's in the LA area. Will come again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertVIPDined on 8/21/2014Waiter was inattentive at lunch. difficult to get ice tea and water refills.
- Great SteakTheDezVIPDined on 8/19/2014The steak is always great, service is perfect. The bar scene is always hopping. Fun enjoyable place. My only critisizm is that is is very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening for Our AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014BOA is a fantastic place and we love coming here for our special evenings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 37th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Took 3 friends there for my birthday. Food was incredible, and the service was impeccable. Well done BOA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hamburger, sloppy friesbotoloVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had lunch here on a sunny Santa Monica day. They have a nice outside patio. The service has been really great, our server was very polite and very attentive. We had two BOA burgers and truffle fries. The burgers were really great. The fries were inundated with creamy cheese and they became sloppy after two seconds. Not very good. In general, good lunch. Next time we will skip the truffle fries and choose another side.Special Features:
- Best Steak in LA2dark4meVIPDined on 8/9/2014Forget driving to Beverly Hills to The Cut or Mastro's -- the best steak in LA is at Boa Santa Monica. Salads are inspired and generous and sides are exceptional. But for those non-carnivores, the grilled prawns is delish.Special Features:
- great place for a great datePerfectDined on 8/7/2014my salad with chicken was okay, ample serving so so taste. my companion enjoyed his chicken plate. good place to talk.Special Features:
- TaninoVIPDined on 8/3/2014Went on night where certain botle of wines wer 50% off…major plus. Food is always good and consistent but the crowd has changed from well heeled to shorts and Hawaiin shirts….granted this is a beach spot it is always an upscale steak house.Special Features:
- Doesn't compareDavieDined on 8/2/2014I went for my birthday and I didn't like how close you sit to your neighbor and the food was just okay. Maestros is way better!Special Features:
- No complaintsiggypopDined on 8/2/2014Waiter was perfect, I think his name was Aaron V? Smart guy knew keeping my wife happy was the ticket. Nothing was heavy / rich even the mac and cheese. The tuna tartare was very very good. My wife is vegetarian and was completely satisfied. My steak was definitely good but not great. I am spoiled by Dal Rae pepper steak for sure, and I suspect I am just not that much a fan of dry aged steaks. My steak was very comparable to Del Frisco Grill down the street. The $300 bill for two adults and a seven year old is the killer for me. I did like the place for sure nice relaxed environment and very well run. Dal Rae is too far and Boa expensive. Still haven't found my go-to place. I wish Bob Burns was still around.Special Features:
- complete disappointmentsladeVIPDined on 7/30/2014this place is an overrated trendy steakhouse with meat that does not stack up to other steakhouse of the same caliber. Meet came overcooked and grizzly, though ordered medium rare. Bone in ribeye had so much fat I had to cut away a third of it. there were portions of the meet that that had strands and could not cut through. My wife had the New yorker and it lacked flavor was not a moist center. Veggies sides were OK but the sauteed spinach was tasteless. the only dish that was memorable was the truly homemade peach cobbler. You could taste the peaches as it was not too sweet, as you get with most other cobblers.
- UnderwhelmedJustokVIPDined on 7/29/2014Overpriced and underwhelmed sauce salty for fish like licking a pretzel
- If you like Steaks try it out!KirkstylesDined on 7/27/2014Had a really great meal with the family. The food, service and venue spot on.Special Features:
- Engagement CelebrationOCFoodLoverDined on 7/27/2014Thank you for making my son's engagement dinner extra special. Your service and attention was exceptional. Thank You!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Service was outstanding. Felt like the table was our's for the night. Food was excellent as well. Server was knowledgable and made solid recommendations. Truly a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- amazing lunchsiegeDined on 7/26/2014food and service was great... was here for dine la and you won't be disappointed... better option to go to lunch for a more quiet ambiece as place is really crowded at night... right by santa monica pier as well so you can go stroll after lunch... all the staff are really nice as well...Special Features:
- Worth every pennyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The best steak I have ever had! The best service I've ever had! Best overall place I've ever eaten at in my life! Worth every single penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2014I made a reservation through Open Table for 6:00pm on 7/23/14. This was a business dinner for some of my clients. Overall it was a success - the clients were happy, the food was excellent and our server was particularly good. What through me off was some obnoxious old guy at the front. I was 13 minutes early but he wouldn't seat me because the rest of my party hadn't arrived yet. 90% of the tables were empty. I also was taken back by his cocky, command attitude. He never said anything to me other than a command - no "Welcome to Boa", "Good evening", "How are you?" - nothing. Just rude. If I hadn't been meeting others I would have left.Special Features:
- Steak sandwich redefinedfoodiecatDined on 7/20/2014Went for the special menu steak sandwich, but discovered - thanks to the waitress - that is was actually like a Philly, thin sliced meat, covered with cheese, etc. Not at all what a steak lover wants. So we switched to the regular menu and had a delicious petite steak. But would gave been very unhappy if the server had not explained it. Also, could not drink a Bloody Mary - loaded with pepper. Was told that they only used the prepared mix, so could not make another version. Switched to iced tea.
- nothing speciallovegoodfoodVIPDined on 7/19/2014I had heard of BOA and waited 6 months to try is out. I was very excited and the really disappointed. I had the seared tuna that hoenstly looked like it had come out of some cheap sushi take away. It was tasteless. great if you are on a health kick are trying to loose weight. my partner had the filet steak ordered medium rare. it was totally well done and the meat was tough. I have had much better food from the capital grill. even the mushrooms were just better drenched salty blah.
- Great steaksrossclarkeDined on 7/14/2014Solid food. But the steaks are the star. Loved the laid back ambience without the hipster edge of the Hollywood one. People here just want to have a good time and eat.Special Features:
- Good place to celebratechet814VIPDined on 7/13/2014Very casual and relaxing spot near the beach area and the outside seating area is nice; great and attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday and be loved it. Service was great along with accommodationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Birthday DinnerSteakLoverVIPDined on 7/1/2014I looked over Los Angeles magazine's list of top restaurants, and choose BOA even though it wasn't on there. Some times knowing you're gettinga great meal is better than taking a chance with an unproven spot. I had rib eye and my wife had the filet. Though the flavor was good, I did have some gristle in mine (very unusual here). We ordered lots of sides: chipotle lime corn (my fave), mashed potatoes, mushrooms, broccolini, and creamed spinach. All of them were amazing. To end the meal, they brought us Baked Alaska for dessert. This is probably not something I would have ordered...and what a fool I would have been. It was so tasty. And they brought it out with a sparkler instead of a candle. Great touch. Will be going back soon!!Special Features:
- disappointedesbalikestoeatDined on 6/29/2014we where a lilltle disappointed from the food. The meat didn´t tasted so good and it was very expensive for this bad quality of meat. the service wasn´t that good.Special Features:
- Great service!BoysenBooDined on 6/29/2014We were treated with such attentiveness and great service. Food came just a little bit slow, but our server routinely came and check to see how we were doing. Since we were there for a birthday, we received a complimentary baked alaska, which was delicious. To top it off, the "candle" was a firework! Although we weren't completely head-over-heels smitten with the food, it was very good. I highly recommend the sides.Special Features:
- Expected Better for the PricegrlskrDined on 6/25/2014We had the steaks. They were good but pricey. Seemed a bit dry. The scallops were good. Dessert came, but no coffee. They were still making it after we finished dessert so cancelled on the coffee. The service was good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- UnforgivableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/23/2014This was our second visit to BOA. It will be our last. There is no excuse for a steakhouse not being able to cook a steak properly. On both occasions steaks were requested medium rare and came out medium to medium well. Unforgivable. With so many choices for quality steakhouses this one can be passed over.
- Father's Day dinnerWackycDined on 6/15/2014Bad experience. Food came at diff times, sent 2 steaks back, 2 orders were forgotten - one of which we NEver got! Chop salad was so bland I couldn't add enough salt and pepper. Filet was very good. The manager was very helpful by taking off the stuff we did not receive and also sent dessert. However there was more miscommunication because she said we could choose, but then were sent two chosen by the chef. She did allow us to pick another one after. Overall bad first experience but beleive the manager was very helpful.
- Party of 10GoartangelDined on 6/15/2014We decided to have our graduation lunch here. Although the food took a bit of a wait, it was well worth it. Everyone enjoyed their dishes and commented how good it was. They also surprised us and brought out a celebration candle with complimentary dessert for the grad. The fries with cheese truffle sauce are yummy, everyone raved abut the onion rings. I had the marinated steak with fries. We ordered a few of the butter cakes to share. Everything was delicious. We are planning to come for dinner soon!Special Features:
- Nice place to dineMamaCocaSF91Dined on 6/13/2014Pleasant ambience, modern decor, attentive staff, decent wine list and delicious food. Not kids friendly. Very high noise level, not for romantic tet-a-tet dinner, hard to hear your partner, but good for groups for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Highly recommend this restaurant. Excellent service, food and ambience.Special Features:
- No view so loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014It's was very loud and cramped I could not hear a thing! I can with my mother and the food was great but I felt like we were at a chilies
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/12/2014We overheard other wait staff going into an elaborate welcome and menu run down we did not receive. Both steak orders were grossly under cooked. "Chop chop" salad lacked any flavor. Steamed vegetables were overcooked with most turned mushy. No one ever asked how the meal was or how we were doing, as is typical in most restaurants - giving the opportunity to share the above concerns. The sparkler with dessert is fun and festive for a special occasion. However, we weren't given the option to choose the dessert and what arrived was not as exciting as the sparkler or even the dessert our neighbor was enjoying. A woman dressed apart from the wait staff came to our table twice, interacted with our child only and never identified herself.