BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica
101 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boasteak.com/
- Phone: (310) 899-4466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call 310-271-6000 to get more information on our catering & special event offerings.
A word from BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica
BOA Steakhouse is a contemporary steakhouse, serving classic steakhouse fare with a twist. Urbanite modern setting where food and service are top notch and the ambiance is relaxed and fashionable.Continued
If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)great for outdoor dining (40)notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (39)romantic (39)hot spot (37)scenic view (33)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Fantastic Food and Stellar ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2014The staff is incredibly helpful and accommodating. We arrived early and were starving and they were able to find us a table right away on a busy Friday night. The food is delicious, I can't say enough about the tableside Cesar salad and the steak melts in your mouth. Just a great place for a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodMojoVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great food, the best steaks around and you pay for it. This is always a terrific go-to place for a guaranteed great meal. It is quite expensive but you leave satisfied.Special Features:
- WOWCaliforniamamaDined on 11/8/2014excellent service.nice location on Ocean avenue in Santa Monica CA. very pricey. will be choosing another restaurant for our special occasions in the neighborhood.
- GreatSteveSVIPDined on 10/31/2014Spendy but doesn't disappoint, best steak in Santa Monica.Special Features:
- Boa Santa MonicaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Truly excellent steaks and service, well worth visitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a priceJPeatsVIPDined on 10/26/2014For some reason this was my first time eating at BOA in Santa Monica despite living on the westside for years and having gone to the Sunset BOA several times. The decor and location are top notch, but it felt like something was missing. Service was accommodating, but nothing out of the ordinary. The cuts of steaks and accompanying sides were great, but I've had better at lower prices. After I saw my final bill I doubt I will return to BOA, just not enough to support paying those inflated prices as a local.Special Features:
- You can't go wrong with BOAHungryRuggerVIPDined on 10/21/2014I'm a BOA regular and I have never been disappointed. Their steaks are great, but there are also delicious seafood options. For this dinner I went with the sea bass and loved it. Valet parking makes it convenient and you can't beat the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good cocktails & patioFoodieVIPDined on 10/20/2014This place is pretty even in quality. Always pretty high. The scallops were amazingly tender and fresh, the prawns and lobster starter were also great. The service was pretty good as well. I love that patio. Perfect heaters, nice to see a hint of the ocean across the boulevard. Yes a steak house that has amazing seafood, perfect for me!Special Features:
- Awesome Food, Great ServiceSpainInatorDined on 10/19/2014The food is amazing. The best steaks, Magee sure to get the peppercorn rub and squeeze the roasted garlic onto the steak abd spread it with your knife like butter...yum!! The asparagus is better than what you've had anywhere else. Also try the corn and the garlic mash!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars - business as usualKMCGVIPDined on 10/15/2014I always take clients here for dinner that come from out of town. location, ambience and quality of food and service never disappoint.Special Features:
- Great again.NiceDinDined on 10/13/2014Once again all very good. Service is top notch and place was buzzing.Special Features:
- Amazing alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014Been coming here for the past 7 years for our anniversary and it never fails us. Great ambience, great food, always a blast and service is always at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerluvtoeatDined on 10/6/2014Booked dinner for my boyfriends 50th birthday. It was an amazing night and they treated us like very well. Both our steaks were cooked to perfection. The surprise dessert was awesome. Thank you so much for making our dining experience with you and his 50th birthday a day to rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!msmonicaDined on 10/5/2014It was a great dining experience. The food was great and the staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionJacqDined on 10/5/2014I took my boyfriend out for his birthday and it was amazing. We were promptly greeted when we walked in, they pulled up my reservation and wished him a happy birthday. We watched the sunset as we looked over the menu. Our wait staff was very helpful giving us great suggestions and more detail about the menu items. We started with the Caesar salad, the dressing was made fresh at our table and was exceptional. He had the 40day aged steak w/the peppercorn & was very impressed; I had the Ahi tuna also very delicious. We shared the sauteed mushrooms it was a large portion & tasted amazing. The best part though was the spectacular dessert & candle they surprised him with. It was a beautiful night out filled with amazing food & wonderful memories!Special Features:
- MarianaDined on 9/27/2014It's a Santa Monica's hot spot. If you were already there, you should go. But i stayed outdoor and i guess that the waitress forgot to make our order. The food is really good but expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLumysmboysDined on 9/27/2014I made a reservations about 3 weeks early noting we were celebrating a birthday. Our table was ready at 8 as reserved. It was at the window overlooking Santa Monica Blvd & ocean in The front room with a glass wall as a divider. The view on either side of the table was interesting! The service from the hostess who greeted us to the waitress, and other servers was perfect! All delightful & professional. The food was the incredible! We had bone in filet mignonette, sea bass and petite fillet. The meal was topped off with birthday dessert with a sparkler candle! Just perfect. Wine selection awesome! Best meal we've had in Santa Monica. We will return on our next visit.Special Features:
- Good food and great serviceJRineDined on 9/22/2014The food is very good, had ny strip which was cooked perfectly. The chipotle corn is excellent. Mushrooms are amaZing. It was pretty noisy though - not vibrant, just loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We were seated as soon as we arrived. The restaurant was buzzing with energy. We both ordered filet mignon cooked to Medium. A Caesar salad starter was prepared for us at our table and it was delicious. The Malbec wine was equally delicious. There was a nice gap in time (about 10 or 15 mins) before the steaks arrived. They were beautifully cooked and simply delicious ( a theme emerging here!). Lovely service with very friendly staff. I only have one fault which stops the 5 star rating. Given the high cost of the meal I expect the service to be extraordinary for 5 stars. Our waiter forgot to bring one of the sides we had ordered. It arrived almost at the end of the meal. It should have been offered for free at this stage.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst steak I have had in yearsLargeSteakmanDined on 9/20/2014The local Sizzler had better prepared meat than BOA. The steak looked like the Chef just ran down to the local Albertson and grab a couple prepackaged steaks from the bin that had the sticker "Great for Grilling". The sides were so bad I gave them away opposed to eating them after the first taste and didn't even want to give them to my dogs.
- Excellant service from Nina!BrockJayhawkDined on 9/20/2014Had a great experience and our server, Nina was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and BardaveVIPDined on 9/15/2014BOA always delivers consistently great steaks and I love to visit their bar when Carl is working. The gnocchi side with crabmeat and truffles is incredible as is the Bonut! Thank you for great food and great service!Special Features:
- Return customer!Stella1313VIPDined on 9/13/2014Amazing food and service as always! Table side Cesar is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014The food is excellent but it ´s not a " grand restaurant " like in my contry ( France ) ....but the price is the same !!!!Special Features:
- Best steak in TownWexlerDined on 9/11/2014The food was above and beyond on Wednesday night. Brought my 9 year old daughter for our monthly date night. She selects Boa as her first choice on most nights. - The staff were incredibly friendly. - My daughter tries to finish her water before they fill it up again. In our last 10 visits she has only been able to do that once. Which was tonight and she was thrilled. - Now lets get to the food. - The crab cake was absolutely perfect, the mashed potatoes with Bacon and cheese was devine - yes my daughter is 9 and burns 5000 calories per day - we ate like pigs. - The NY Steak was cooked just right and even though we were stuffed we had the cotton candy which was as large as a 19" old style TV! - All in all amazing.Special Features:
- Great steak, but...MikeTheTigerDined on 9/9/2014Bone-in steaks were solid as were the sides. However, it was the table side salad prep that stole the show. Excellent.Special Features:
- Boa was the bomb!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I was celebrating my birthday and I heard about Boa at the last minute. That was the BEST Caesar salad I have ever had in my life! Actually it really was probably the best food I have had. We arrived a little early, they took us right away, the service was excellent. It was just a really great experience. I have already started to recommend this restaurant to all of my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super ambience, outstanding foodabcproductionsDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner here very much. For an appetizer we had beef carpaccio and giant blue crab cocktail. The crab was out of this world good! Really. For dinner we split some crispy fries and the center cut filet mignon cooked medium. The steak was tender and perfectly prepared; simply magnificent. As close to melting in your mouth as possible. Cookies and cream desert plus a happy anniversary cake finished the meal wonderfully. We will certainly return. AND I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT WE SENT NEXT TO THE LEGENDARY JULIE ANDREWS FOR TWO HOURS. She also enjoyed a wonderful steak and loved every bit of it.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebrationfindine01Dined on 9/3/2014I had a wonderful time at BOA Steakhouse. The ambience was beautiful, sitting across from the ocean was an incredible view and the service was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our BOA experience1sttimedinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014My gf and I decided to try BOA out for dinner. We were seated promptly on arrival in the patio area. The table was a bit small and I was a little concerned about the warm temperature, but the cool breeze that night made for a great experience. Every table was occupied but I never felt like we had to strain to be able to hold a conversation. The food was excellent. We each tried the petite filet with blue cheese sauce on top, steamed spinach and the garden salad. Everything was cooked perfectly and each bite of steak made my mouth water for another. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Overall I was happy with the experience and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overrated . . .2bigfoodiesDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I love getting out and trying new, upscale places to eat. That being said we have eaten at better places for the price. The food was good but not to the level you would expect for a $50.00 steak. It is a great place if your checking off your food bucket list but not the absolute top of the list. The bread was hard and cold, the steak had good flavor but was overdone, and we asked for the steak to be split and they didn't split it. Again, overall, the food was good but not what we expected for the caliber of restaurant.
- Worth the costNlevDined on 8/28/2014Some of the best steaks cooked perfectly. Excellent service with an ocean view.Special Features:
- A must for visitors!JenniferVIPDined on 8/26/2014We were in the area for a week from Toronto. Had heard about Boa, was everything we expected. Great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good steak placeObi1VIPDined on 8/24/2014Steaks and seafood were good. Had a salad and it was also good as well as a few of the side. Had a great ocean view in a nice comfortable booth.Special Features:
- Come with your boo!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014The ambience is very good. The food service is timely and tasty. One of the must try's in the LA area. Will come again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertVIPDined on 8/21/2014Waiter was inattentive at lunch. difficult to get ice tea and water refills.
- Great SteakTheDezVIPDined on 8/19/2014The steak is always great, service is perfect. The bar scene is always hopping. Fun enjoyable place. My only critisizm is that is is very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening for Our AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014BOA is a fantastic place and we love coming here for our special evenings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 37th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Took 3 friends there for my birthday. Food was incredible, and the service was impeccable. Well done BOA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hamburger, sloppy friesbotoloVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had lunch here on a sunny Santa Monica day. They have a nice outside patio. The service has been really great, our server was very polite and very attentive. We had two BOA burgers and truffle fries. The burgers were really great. The fries were inundated with creamy cheese and they became sloppy after two seconds. Not very good. In general, good lunch. Next time we will skip the truffle fries and choose another side.Special Features: