BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica
101 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boasteak.com/
- Phone: 3108994466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call 310-271-6000 to get more information on our catering & special event offerings.
A word from BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica
BOA Steakhouse is a contemporary steakhouse, serving classic steakhouse fare with a twist. Urbanite modern setting where food and service are top notch and the ambiance is relaxed and fashionable.Continued
If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BOA Steakhouse - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)great for outdoor dining (51)fit for foodies (41)scenic view (39)hot spot (35)notable wine list (34)romantic (31)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Wonderful steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We were seated as soon as we arrived. The restaurant was buzzing with energy. We both ordered filet mignon cooked to Medium. A Caesar salad starter was prepared for us at our table and it was delicious. The Malbec wine was equally delicious. There was a nice gap in time (about 10 or 15 mins) before the steaks arrived. They were beautifully cooked and simply delicious ( a theme emerging here!). Lovely service with very friendly staff. I only have one fault which stops the 5 star rating. Given the high cost of the meal I expect the service to be extraordinary for 5 stars. Our waiter forgot to bring one of the sides we had ordered. It arrived almost at the end of the meal. It should have been offered for free at this stage.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst steak I have had in yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The local Sizzler had better prepared meat than BOA. The steak looked like the Chef just ran down to the local Albertson and grab a couple prepackaged steaks from the bin that had the sticker "Great for Grilling". The sides were so bad I gave them away opposed to eating them after the first taste and didn't even want to give them to my dogs.
- Excellant service from Nina!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Had a great experience and our server, Nina was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and BardaveVIPDined on 9/15/2014BOA always delivers consistently great steaks and I love to visit their bar when Carl is working. The gnocchi side with crabmeat and truffles is incredible as is the Bonut! Thank you for great food and great service!Special Features:
- Return customer!Stella1313VIPDined on 9/13/2014Amazing food and service as always! Table side Cesar is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014The food is excellent but it ´s not a " grand restaurant " like in my contry ( France ) ....but the price is the same !!!!Special Features:
- Best steak in TownWexlerDined on 9/11/2014The food was above and beyond on Wednesday night. Brought my 9 year old daughter for our monthly date night. She selects Boa as her first choice on most nights. - The staff were incredibly friendly. - My daughter tries to finish her water before they fill it up again. In our last 10 visits she has only been able to do that once. Which was tonight and she was thrilled. - Now lets get to the food. - The crab cake was absolutely perfect, the mashed potatoes with Bacon and cheese was devine - yes my daughter is 9 and burns 5000 calories per day - we ate like pigs. - The NY Steak was cooked just right and even though we were stuffed we had the cotton candy which was as large as a 19" old style TV! - All in all amazing.Special Features:
- Great steak, but...MikeTheTigerDined on 9/9/2014Bone-in steaks were solid as were the sides. However, it was the table side salad prep that stole the show. Excellent.Special Features:
- Boa was the bomb!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I was celebrating my birthday and I heard about Boa at the last minute. That was the BEST Caesar salad I have ever had in my life! Actually it really was probably the best food I have had. We arrived a little early, they took us right away, the service was excellent. It was just a really great experience. I have already started to recommend this restaurant to all of my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super ambience, outstanding foodabcproductionsDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner here very much. For an appetizer we had beef carpaccio and giant blue crab cocktail. The crab was out of this world good! Really. For dinner we split some crispy fries and the center cut filet mignon cooked medium. The steak was tender and perfectly prepared; simply magnificent. As close to melting in your mouth as possible. Cookies and cream desert plus a happy anniversary cake finished the meal wonderfully. We will certainly return. AND I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT WE SENT NEXT TO THE LEGENDARY JULIE ANDREWS FOR TWO HOURS. She also enjoyed a wonderful steak and loved every bit of it.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebrationfindine01Dined on 9/3/2014I had a wonderful time at BOA Steakhouse. The ambience was beautiful, sitting across from the ocean was an incredible view and the service was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our BOA experience1sttimedinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014My gf and I decided to try BOA out for dinner. We were seated promptly on arrival in the patio area. The table was a bit small and I was a little concerned about the warm temperature, but the cool breeze that night made for a great experience. Every table was occupied but I never felt like we had to strain to be able to hold a conversation. The food was excellent. We each tried the petite filet with blue cheese sauce on top, steamed spinach and the garden salad. Everything was cooked perfectly and each bite of steak made my mouth water for another. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Overall I was happy with the experience and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overrated . . .2bigfoodiesDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I love getting out and trying new, upscale places to eat. That being said we have eaten at better places for the price. The food was good but not to the level you would expect for a $50.00 steak. It is a great place if your checking off your food bucket list but not the absolute top of the list. The bread was hard and cold, the steak had good flavor but was overdone, and we asked for the steak to be split and they didn't split it. Again, overall, the food was good but not what we expected for the caliber of restaurant.
- Worth the costNlevDined on 8/28/2014Some of the best steaks cooked perfectly. Excellent service with an ocean view.Special Features:
- A must for visitors!JenniferVIPDined on 8/26/2014We were in the area for a week from Toronto. Had heard about Boa, was everything we expected. Great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good steak placeObi1VIPDined on 8/24/2014Steaks and seafood were good. Had a salad and it was also good as well as a few of the side. Had a great ocean view in a nice comfortable booth.Special Features:
- Come with your boo!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014The ambience is very good. The food service is timely and tasty. One of the must try's in the LA area. Will come again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertVIPDined on 8/21/2014Waiter was inattentive at lunch. difficult to get ice tea and water refills.
- Great SteakTheDezVIPDined on 8/19/2014The steak is always great, service is perfect. The bar scene is always hopping. Fun enjoyable place. My only critisizm is that is is very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening for Our AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014BOA is a fantastic place and we love coming here for our special evenings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 37th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Took 3 friends there for my birthday. Food was incredible, and the service was impeccable. Well done BOA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hamburger, sloppy friesbotoloVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had lunch here on a sunny Santa Monica day. They have a nice outside patio. The service has been really great, our server was very polite and very attentive. We had two BOA burgers and truffle fries. The burgers were really great. The fries were inundated with creamy cheese and they became sloppy after two seconds. Not very good. In general, good lunch. Next time we will skip the truffle fries and choose another side.Special Features:
- Best Steak in LA2dark4meVIPDined on 8/9/2014Forget driving to Beverly Hills to The Cut or Mastro's -- the best steak in LA is at Boa Santa Monica. Salads are inspired and generous and sides are exceptional. But for those non-carnivores, the grilled prawns is delish.Special Features:
- great place for a great datePerfectDined on 8/7/2014my salad with chicken was okay, ample serving so so taste. my companion enjoyed his chicken plate. good place to talk.Special Features:
- TaninoVIPDined on 8/3/2014Went on night where certain botle of wines wer 50% off…major plus. Food is always good and consistent but the crowd has changed from well heeled to shorts and Hawaiin shirts….granted this is a beach spot it is always an upscale steak house.Special Features:
- Doesn't compareDavieDined on 8/2/2014I went for my birthday and I didn't like how close you sit to your neighbor and the food was just okay. Maestros is way better!Special Features:
- No complaintsiggypopDined on 8/2/2014Waiter was perfect, I think his name was Aaron V? Smart guy knew keeping my wife happy was the ticket. Nothing was heavy / rich even the mac and cheese. The tuna tartare was very very good. My wife is vegetarian and was completely satisfied. My steak was definitely good but not great. I am spoiled by Dal Rae pepper steak for sure, and I suspect I am just not that much a fan of dry aged steaks. My steak was very comparable to Del Frisco Grill down the street. The $300 bill for two adults and a seven year old is the killer for me. I did like the place for sure nice relaxed environment and very well run. Dal Rae is too far and Boa expensive. Still haven't found my go-to place. I wish Bob Burns was still around.Special Features:
- complete disappointmentsladeVIPDined on 7/30/2014this place is an overrated trendy steakhouse with meat that does not stack up to other steakhouse of the same caliber. Meet came overcooked and grizzly, though ordered medium rare. Bone in ribeye had so much fat I had to cut away a third of it. there were portions of the meet that that had strands and could not cut through. My wife had the New yorker and it lacked flavor was not a moist center. Veggies sides were OK but the sauteed spinach was tasteless. the only dish that was memorable was the truly homemade peach cobbler. You could taste the peaches as it was not too sweet, as you get with most other cobblers.
- UnderwhelmedJustokVIPDined on 7/29/2014Overpriced and underwhelmed sauce salty for fish like licking a pretzel
- If you like Steaks try it out!KirkstylesDined on 7/27/2014Had a really great meal with the family. The food, service and venue spot on.Special Features:
- Engagement CelebrationOCFoodLoverDined on 7/27/2014Thank you for making my son's engagement dinner extra special. Your service and attention was exceptional. Thank You!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Service was outstanding. Felt like the table was our's for the night. Food was excellent as well. Server was knowledgable and made solid recommendations. Truly a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- amazing lunchsiegeDined on 7/26/2014food and service was great... was here for dine la and you won't be disappointed... better option to go to lunch for a more quiet ambiece as place is really crowded at night... right by santa monica pier as well so you can go stroll after lunch... all the staff are really nice as well...Special Features:
- Worth every pennyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The best steak I have ever had! The best service I've ever had! Best overall place I've ever eaten at in my life! Worth every single penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2014I made a reservation through Open Table for 6:00pm on 7/23/14. This was a business dinner for some of my clients. Overall it was a success - the clients were happy, the food was excellent and our server was particularly good. What through me off was some obnoxious old guy at the front. I was 13 minutes early but he wouldn't seat me because the rest of my party hadn't arrived yet. 90% of the tables were empty. I also was taken back by his cocky, command attitude. He never said anything to me other than a command - no "Welcome to Boa", "Good evening", "How are you?" - nothing. Just rude. If I hadn't been meeting others I would have left.Special Features:
- Steak sandwich redefinedfoodiecatDined on 7/20/2014Went for the special menu steak sandwich, but discovered - thanks to the waitress - that is was actually like a Philly, thin sliced meat, covered with cheese, etc. Not at all what a steak lover wants. So we switched to the regular menu and had a delicious petite steak. But would gave been very unhappy if the server had not explained it. Also, could not drink a Bloody Mary - loaded with pepper. Was told that they only used the prepared mix, so could not make another version. Switched to iced tea.
- nothing speciallovegoodfoodVIPDined on 7/19/2014I had heard of BOA and waited 6 months to try is out. I was very excited and the really disappointed. I had the seared tuna that hoenstly looked like it had come out of some cheap sushi take away. It was tasteless. great if you are on a health kick are trying to loose weight. my partner had the filet steak ordered medium rare. it was totally well done and the meat was tough. I have had much better food from the capital grill. even the mushrooms were just better drenched salty blah.
- Great steaksrossclarkeDined on 7/14/2014Solid food. But the steaks are the star. Loved the laid back ambience without the hipster edge of the Hollywood one. People here just want to have a good time and eat.Special Features:
- Good place to celebratechet814VIPDined on 7/13/2014Very casual and relaxing spot near the beach area and the outside seating area is nice; great and attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday and be loved it. Service was great along with accommodationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.