BO-beau kitchen + roof tap
144 Pine Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $30 and under
BO-beau kitchen + roof tap
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cohnrestaurants.com/bobeaukitchenrooftap
- Phone: (562) 983-0056
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm with roof tap (top) opening at 2pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Comfort Food, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Katherine Humphus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BO-beau kitchen + roof tap
BO-beau kitchen + roof tap is located in downtown Long Beach just blocks from the Convention Center. BO-beau offers Sophisticated Comfort Food with Global Inspirations. We have 46 beers on tap, a worldly wine list and a full bar with eclectic cocktails. Reservations are for the main dining room only. The roof tap (top) is always open seating for your convenience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
BO-beau kitchen + roof tap - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
BO-beau kitchen + roof tap reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (45)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (37)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (28)romantic (20)great for outdoor dining (19)late-night find (16)notable wine list (11)scenic view (8)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great downtown long beach spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Bo beau is great for special occasions and romantic date nights. The rooftop is one of th best bar spaces downtown. Beautiful view and good crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerAbfabDined on 11/21/2014Our corner booth was perfect for the noise level. The food variety was just what my diverse group needed. Service was excellent. I made a great choice of restaurants for my special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Believable Bohemian BeautyDinoVIPDined on 11/14/2014Bo Beau's, is impressive - in service, in savory sustenance, and in over-all sensation - articulates Charles Dicken's outcome of France's struggles, In A Tale Of Two Cities. Paris will (rise to) become "a beautiful city" and this diner has faith in the essential goodness of the Parisian Bo Beau. The very poetic use of repetition, register this faith as a calm and soothing certainty. And 5 stars. Management made me a believer. The Executive Chef tantalizes taste buds with the perfected searing of scallops, and a fine fricassee, and an - ocean fresh clam bake. The beautiful cast of bartenders & servers are unvarying in providing excellence, in customer satisfaction. I am a Bo Beau believer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous restaurant and food in Downtown LBOdawgDined on 11/14/2014beautiful restaurant with unique decor and the best Brussel sprouts in town! Service was really attentive and welcoming as well. Looking forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderfulOlinecVIPDined on 11/13/2014This is one cool restaurant that could easily fit in NYC. Manager came over to welcome us and asked if first time and gave us complimentary fried Brussels sprouts which were delicious. There were 8 of us and dinner went smoothly. Scallops, watermelon salad, filet, duck...we all loved. Service was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bo BeaulovetodineVIPDined on 11/12/2014The last two times I have eaten here food was brought out incorrectly for instance I ordered an appetizer & my husband ordered steak we explained we wanted to eat together & sure enough they came out separately 4 out of the 6 wines on the menu were not available Next visit we barely got our cocktail & dinner arrived no one asked if we wanted to order wine until I asked the manager both prime ribs were sent back under cooked
- Great atmosphere hampered by foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2014First time in the area and Bo-beau caught my eye, seemed like a chilled-out unpretentious but refined atmosphere. Dining alone, I was seated at the chefs table, which really gave me a good flipped into the preparation and ingredients, which looked great. I had high expectations. Ordered the duck breast at the server's recommendation - it was chewy and tasted like it was reheated, also had a very strange nutty-salty seasoning that I didn't care for. The burratta appetizer was decent. Malbec was good. Service was swift, professional, and helpful. Otherwise a good experience only to be let down by less-than-stellar food. I should have ordered the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, food, and servicemaj0rfood1eDined on 11/6/2014Wife took me here for my birthday. It was our first time here and our first time out in a while since having our son. For a Tuesday it wasn't packed, but it also had a good amount of customers. We never made it upstairs, but have heard good things about the dining area up there. It's a nice looking restaurant, can get a bit loud, but what do you expect with high ceilings and a restaurant that size. The menu was extensive and there were quite a few things that jumped out to us on the menu. Overall, we were very happy with our entire meal and drinks and would happily go back to try out the other things on the menu. The only thing probably better than the food was the attentive and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Cool PlaceJeffHDined on 11/4/2014This place was highly recommended by a waiter at another local pub. Great beer selection and server knew what she was talking about. Food was excellent with some interesting twists on traditional pub food. We ate upstairs and weather was great. Reminded me of the Happy song, a room without a roof. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightVinnieDined on 11/1/2014Staff is super accommodating, service was excellent! No complaints!Special Features:
- Great new spotalpentalDined on 10/20/2014Went the other night for my anniversary. Fantastic menu, top notch service, and great decor. Afterward, head upstairs to the semi-enclosed rooftop bar for a drink under the stars. Definitely planning on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodRCNeedhamVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food and service were great as usual. Don't forget to order the brussels sprouts they are awesome.Special Features:
- SP310Dined on 10/18/2014I love this place. The food (and drink) is great, the service is great, the ambiance is great. The restaurant gets very loud once filled which isn't horrible, unless you're sitting under a speaker and music is blaring. The tables are slightly larger than normal tables (which I actually loved), but once it gets loud, it makes it harder to have a conversation with the person across from you. The restaurant was very nice about turning the music down a bit and even checking in to make sure it was still ok halfway through dinner. Before or after dinner, the upstairs bar is a must see / must hang out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hipster/fine diningYummyDined on 10/17/2014We started with a cocktail at the rooftop bar… The open roof was awesome… April our bartender was knowledgeable and attentive… And we enjoyed the pretzel nachos oh my God yummy!… Then went downstairs and had dinner in the main restaurant the servers were engaged and on top of everything… The food was different and fantastic… I was so surprised when the two of us had appetizers wine or a cocktail and dinner and the bill was just under $100 before gratuity… Definitely a great new place a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine listWinelover42Dined on 10/15/2014With a psuedo French name I expected a more extensive wine list. What we chose was very good.Special Features:
- a bit disorganizedrockhohDined on 10/11/2014A really neat place to eat and the food good if not inspired. The menu can't seem to decide if it will be a french tapa bar or a french bistro. The problem was the service. The waitress didn't know we were assigned to her, we waited 20 minutes before anyone came by and we had to ask a couple of people to make that happen. There seemed also to be poor communication between what the waitress requested and what came out via the "servers". We got the wrong dishes in the wrong orders (we wanted salads first and got it all at once). We aren't terribly uptight diners but seriously...Special Features:
- Amazing findRsizzleDined on 10/5/2014Great atmosphere with an open kitchen. Food is amazing. Pistachio salmon, lobster truffle mash, escargot, what an awesome menu. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ebuiDined on 10/4/2014Came here with my husband for his 30th birthday; we'll definitely be returning for future special events or just when we're in the area and looking for a quality meal. Our server was extremely knowledgeable, their menu was unique and varied, and the food was incredible. Great draft beer selection, and an endless list of vodkas (on top of a full bar, wine list, and a few signature cocktails they're known for). And, last but not least, their decor and ambiance were a great cherry on top.Special Features:
- Awesome ambianceemilyveronicaDined on 10/1/2014The decor and ambiance was awesome - super cool booths, tables, everything, both in the dining room and upstairs at the open-air bar. Bar stools were the most comfortable I've ever sat in! Huge beer list. The service was very attentive and polite, even though it took a long time to get our food. Brussels sprouts are a must. Steak was good; duck was ok. Was hot in the dining room due to big fire but we are from Wisconsin so we're always hot. They reserved a booth for us since it was our anniversary. Even the bathrooms were super cool. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Special Features:
- Beer hereDurdieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Great food, lots of open space and 40+ beers on tap. I can't wait to come back and try this place again.Special Features:
- Cool rooftop bar experienceavidfan1Dined on 9/21/2014Casual rooftop bar with sports TV, food and drink Request a booth downstairs for a more intimate dining experience Overall, good food and service Asked for pepper for my Caesar salad and salt for my steak - it took 3 requests to get it (salt served in a mini cup - I was informed that the chef prefers to keep foods healthy and salt and pepper shakers are not provided on the dinner tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F4FOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The ambiance and service was excellent, however the food simply was not very good, and the wine list for a French Bistro was lacking.
- Cool roof top hang outjillyo5Dined on 9/19/2014The brussels sprouts are so good....we ended up ordering them twice. That was all we needed to be completely happy and satisfied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun birthday dinner with friendsmbayogiDined on 9/15/2014I came here for my birthday this year with a group of friends. I only made a reservation for 4 but 3 extra showed up. The maitre'd made a annoyed face then put us in a booth meant for 5 and we squeezed in the extra 2 easily. There were multiple large tables available in the center area. We offered a ton of fold and it was all delicious. The lobster Mac and cheese was a bit strange so wouldn't order that again, but the squash blossoms, mussels and fries were really good. My friends had the escargot, filet mignon burger, and salmon tartare. They were nice enough to give me the wine that came with the burger and I had a glass of prosecco as well. The waiter brought out a plate of ice cream with cookie crumb and sang Happy birthday to me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4yourdiningpleasureDined on 9/12/2014What a great new addition to Long Beach, specifically the vibrant Pine Avenue restaurant and entertainment zone. My ratings indicate my experience; great ambiance, service, and since this was my first visit, I'm reluctant to make a strong comment on the food. My daughter's dinner, our first courses were terrific. My Croque Madame was not up to my standards but my standards originated in France on a ski trip. The roof tap is totally outstanding décor. This restaurant has legs for longevity. Good Job, folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstaning food and drinkPhyl1VIPDined on 9/12/2014We went to Bo-beau to celebrate my niece's birthday and it was spectacular! The food was A plus as was the service. It was well worth the cost and we'd go back again.Special Features:
- GREAT Spot in LBCBirdDogVIPDined on 9/7/2014This is a must if you're in the LBC area!!! Everything was AWESOME!Special Features:
- Love this Place!MikeyLikesItDined on 8/28/2014This is the second time I have been to Bo Beau and I will be back very soon! The building and decor is beautiful, the food is delicious and the libations are fantastic! They really hit a home run with this place. My first time I was worried it would get loud but it was fine. We were there until about 9:00pm both nights and there wasnt too much noise to still have concersation and not have to raise your voice. Staff is all friendly. The food.....amazing brussel sprouts, the Moules & Frittes are delish....everything I have had there is just really tastey! Definitely recommend this place for a date, celebration or just to hang out with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be Back!JoanieandChachieDined on 8/28/2014We we're immediately impressed by the fabulous decor and were blown away by the outstanding food which was artfully presented and complimented by tasty drinks and wines that pair perfectly. The Crispy Brussel Sprouts and Tempura Squash Blossom appetizers were great starters. We'll be back to Bo-beau every time we're back in Long Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!MarciDined on 8/24/2014We've dined many times at the Bo beau in Ocean Beach (San Diego), and this one in Long Beach didn't disappoint. Chef Kat is at this location now according to our server. It was a fun celebration dinner and we were able to hear each other and enjoy our long evening. Service was great. We had a party of 8 near the fireplace. Lovely, memorable, special. thanks Bo Beau!Special Features:
- jojomaniDined on 8/23/2014Great experience! Celebrated our wedding anniversary at BO. Staff was incredible and the manager Matthew was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to hype by my daughterRCNeedhamVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is the best place on Pine! First time and food, service and value was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantLLuvDined on 8/15/2014Overall a Great and up and coming Restaurant. Food, ambience and service were all excellent. Will definitely go back especially for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the BO-beau kitchen + roof tap reviews archive.