BO-beau kitchen + garden
8384 La Mesa Blvd
La Mesa, CA 91942-9218Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $30 and under
BO-beau kitchen + garden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cohnrestaurants.com/bobeaukitchengarden
- Phone: 6193373445x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Global, International, Unspecified
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Moore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BO-beau kitchen + garden
BO beau kitchen + garden is located in the Village of La Mesa. BO beau offers Sophisticated Comfort Food with Global Inspirations. We have 24 Beers on tap, a worldly wine list and a full bar with eclectic cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
BO-beau kitchen + garden - Best Restaurants in La Mesa ›
BO-beau kitchen + garden reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (146)neighborhood gem (136)fit for foodies (111)special occasion (75)good for groups (60)kid-friendly (59)romantic (44)hot spot (34)great for brunch (34)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (21)notable wine list (20)scenic view (9)late-night find (6)Show More
- Great Cuisine in La MesaSeluzakDined on 8/27/2014My full review can be found on TripAdvisor under the same title, here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g32579-d4886762-Reviews-BO_beau_kitchen_garden-La_Mesa_California.html Suffice it to say, we had a great experience. The food, the drinks, the service - everything was fantastic and we would recommend it to anybody.Special Features:
- Loved it!FoodieDined on 8/21/2014I had such a great experience here! The food was AMAZING! I met here with a couple of girlfriends and we stayed and chatted at our table outside for well over 3 hours. We kept on ordering appetizers and entrees, and each one was delicious! From the "new" hummus to the flatbreads to the fried chicken...seriously, delicious! (By the way, the cream corn and apple cornbread muffin was life changingly good!) Not only was the food great, but the atmosphere and staff was wonderful. From the super friendly hostess who say us at our gorgeous outside table, to our waitress who actually sat next to me to help me look through the beer menu to find one I would like. Really, I can't say enough about the experience here. We all had such a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, okay serviceMellyVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food was good. Everyone was happy with their dinner. I rate the service okay. Our waitress was extremely nice, but over attentive. To be perfectly honest, she talked entirely too much and it was distracting. It almost felt like "Okay, please let us enjoy our meal now." I hate to say anything bad about her because she was so nice and the food was pretty good, but that's just my honest opinion.Special Features:
- AwesomeTonkinDined on 8/16/2014This place was really great. The food was off the charts! I would highly recommend the bruschetta appetizer.Special Features:
- Perfectly unseasoned and dried outJimmyDined on 8/16/2014I had dinner on a busy Saturday evening. The staff was very attentive and efficient, but the food doesn't measure up. The crudites were little pieces of vegetable in a fluid that wasn't water. They had no taste or flair. The deviled eggs were well seasoned and good. My catch of the day was over cooked, dried out and tasteless. I didn't taste the salmon but it looked over cooked and dried out too. The wine was good but was served in water glasses. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing, but I won't be going back.
- SheilaDined on 8/15/2014Great to have a Cohn restaurant in the east county! Food was great, decent portion size! We had the crispy Brussels sprouts, beef Bourgogne, roasted pork shank and the steak frittes. No complaints. Our server, TJ was pleasant and attentive. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Not up to Cohn's standards....ServiceIsTheKeyDined on 8/15/2014Was so looking forward to a new Cohn's restaurant right in La Mesa. Sorely disappointed. The food wasn't fantastic (my dish anyway - the mac n cheese with a fancy name), although the brussels sprout appetizer was delicious. The service was the main drawback. Server was very friendly, but very inattentive. Never refilled water, never asked if we needed anything, no follow up whatsoever. The menu is close to obnoxious. For pretty basic food, you need to ask the server for translations for practically everything! I'm a major fan of most all Cohn restaurants, but probably will skip this one from now on.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I had reservations for the garden and we were seated immediately. Good. Our server was wonderful as the brew she brought didn't taste right so she brought me a different kind. Great. We had been dealing with the flies and it was even worse when our food arrived. Not good. I totally understand that eating outside could bring that situation, but restaurants need to find a solution. So unappetizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bawbsocalDined on 8/13/2014I was impressed with the service and the food. Portions were reasonable, food was fresh, and the presentation was appetizing. Our waiter was very attentive and took time to go over the menu with us. Wished we had sat out on the patio, our table for two was fine but we were seated next to a table seating 6 (with 2 small kids). This location appears to be a busy local hangout, there were a number of larger groups with kids. If you prefer a quieter experience our waiter suggested coming in around 7 pm or later. Next time we will opt for the patio if the weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlpinerDined on 8/12/2014Always excellent service and interesting food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't recommendbeckeySDVIPDined on 8/10/2014Bo-Beau has a short menu & you're in luck if you enjoy various parts of the pig because that is the restaurant's focus. Two in our party ordered the pork shank & were very pleased. Said it was incredibly flavorful. Bf liked his French onion soup. The parm fries that came with his ribs were thin, crispy & delicious. That's where the good ends. Most of the menu consists of pork. The brussell sprout app is covered w/ bacon & the ribs are pork. Bf really didn't care for the ribs (said they were dry, etc) My salmon was fresh but lonely, it came w/ one tiny diced fingerling potato underneath. If you order lots of appetizers to fill up & like pig you may be in luck here. Servers were nice but the service was painfully slow & chairs uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Ladies night outKristiODined on 8/8/2014First time at BoBeaus for all 3 of us - we made reservations same day (on-line since they don't open until 4:30). They were nice enough to get us in 20 min before our time (we sat at the bar waiting). Sat outside, nice cool eve, a bit noisy, but nice service. Had the famed roasted brussel sprouts and bruschetta for appetizers. I prefer my roasted veggies a bit less charred, but they were tasty. Bruschetta was a mushroom based pesto bread, so don't expect the usual tomato based dish - was tasty! Flat bread entree ok, but friends had the duck with gnocchi- outstanding, and another had a salad with steak- outstanding meat. We'll be back to try the many diff things - making reservations ahead of time to get an earlier seating!Special Features:
- ALWAYS GREAT!!!Luv2dineoutDined on 8/8/2014WE LIVE IN THE AREA AND LOVE THAT FINALLY WE HAVE A GREAT RESTAURANT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bo Beau's dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I sat outside on a beautiful evening. the cocktail selection was good. One of the meals, the duck special, was very good but Fish of the day special was completely overcooked and disappointing. Our two coffees were served Cold and had been sitting too long, we had to wait 10 minutes for a new cup. When are desserts arrived, one of them was incorrect and the waitress argued with us and made a big deal about exchanging it, so we accepted it. We have been to many other Cohn restaurants and have been very satisfied so this was a disappointing experience.
- Finally a good fit restaurantPatsyDined on 8/7/2014I asked for patio dining and I got it. The menu choices was not too big just right. The wine price range was great. The food was ever so delicious. All four of us had different choices and they were ALL good. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- enjoyable momentluvttwodineDined on 8/7/2014Invited friends to share our 1st time there. Had a great experience with your menu selections. All very good. Sevice and atmosphere are top notch. We'll all definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place!love4foodDined on 8/5/2014Food is great, comfortable atmosphere and reasonable prices, who could ask for more.Special Features:
- NOT SPECIALLoveParisDined on 8/3/2014IF Our reservation had been honored without trying to seat us in Siberia Our server showed up to take our drink and then food orders without us having to ask for her Our food arrived in a timely manner, took over 45 min to get our meals Management had a nicer attitude, snapped at my husband when he stated we had been waiting 45 min for our food - NO, she said it has ONLY been 30 min. And then it took another 15 min, 45 min in total. The quality of the food equaled the cost per serving, you know the price is right when you dont really care what it cost There were not running, screaming children and dogs in our dining area when our table of 4 is spending almost $200, dont know of another restaurant that has this set up.
- Cool looking place but food notGodfatherFerretDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant itself is really cool and the service was top notch but the food for the price was not good. I got the steak and eggs for brunch and I was very disappointed. The steak was over seasoned. Way to much salt!!! The hashbrowns were soggy in the middle. I tried the flatbread pizza too and that was salty and not very good. Overall I would give my meal 3 out of 10 only because presentation was good, too bad the food wasn't.
- Bad dayclmeryDined on 8/2/2014We made a reservation several days in advance, but they gave our table away and sat us in the bar, which is specifically where we did not want to be (that's why we made a reservation). So we we're squished between 2 tables, and had the hump to deal with (very uncomfortable) as well as the high noise level at the bar. I asked for the appetizer to be my side, but instead they brought it out as an appetizer and never brought our food out. After an hour+ we asked if our food was coming and they told us they were waiting until we finished with our appetizer!!! The server rolled her eyes at me at one point but the manager was nice. Still didn't help us but at least she was nice. The food was good. My last visit was great, this one NOT!Special Features:
- YukiDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding food, great presentation, and very friendly and attentive serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Fantastic ServiceMollyDined on 8/2/2014We've eaten here many times since it opened and have never been disappointed. It was nice to see a few new items on the menu since it isn't enormous to begin with. Our dinner was wonderful, drinks were great and the service was fantastic! Our waiter, Steven-with-a-v, was great! Best one we've had in years! We will be coming back as often as possible!Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014La Mesa is so fortunate to have such a great place to relax and enjoy a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love that Bo-Beau!BobeauLaMesaDined on 7/29/2014I am so happy that there is such a nice restaurant in La Mesa. This place has it all with great (I mean great!) outdoor dining and lounging. The inside dining is superb too with a little special table for 'living room' dining (without a TV!) as well as an area for larger groups - think celebration! We shared a few items which included a BBQ chicken flatbread with apple slaw, yum! We also had the Quinoa and Kale entrée which was divine! So what it is a little trendy but all the ingredients in this dish, mango, pecan, lemon vinaigrette each had their own distinctive flavor in each bite. There are not many dishes that have several ingredients in which each flavor comes out at a different time. Loved it! Crasseux fries are the bomb too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not quite what i expectedkaytmclDined on 7/29/2014It was my daughters birthday and she was very excited to try this restaurant. It was good but not outstanding. I found the food too rich for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite dining spot in La MesaBillNLeilaniDined on 7/29/2014Bo Beau's in La Mesa has a fantastic location dowontown. The staff, from management down to the bussers, are friendly, professional and go out of their way to ensure you have a memorable experience. Great food from the starters all the way through their entree's and specialty cocktails. We enjoy the Brussel Sprouts, Bruschetta, the Panzanella or Wild Arugula salads, the various flat breads, Roasted Fresh Catch, Buttermilk Fried Chick and Slow Roasted Pork Shank to name just a few. They have a great happy hour Monday thru Friday. They also have plenty of outdoor seating and a "school bus" to keep the kids busy. Overall just a very fun, relaxing and enjoyable environment.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood FindshellbelleDined on 7/27/2014A nice neighborhood restaurant, tasty food, great service.Special Features:
- unforgettable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014We had a great service. Starting from the hostess, to our very attentive waiter Steve, the wonderful ambiance of the outdoor patio, and excellent food. It was an anniversary we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BObeau1Dined on 7/25/2014We just love, love, love going to Bo-beau's. Food is sooooooooooooo good!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014The Cohn group seems to take everything they touch and turn it into gold, and BO-Beau is no exception! This is my second visit to this restaurant, and I was not disappointed. Our waitress was attentive and friendly, the atmosphere was bohemian and chic, there is a nice selection of wine and cocktails separated by price (nice for those of us on a budget!) and the food of course is phenomenal. The brussel sprouts (touted as their signature dish) are exquisite, so flavor packed and complex. As a warning, they can be a little salty, which I think adds depth to the dish, but some people are less enthused about it. My fish entree was fresh, and the lemon caper sauce was mouth-watering. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky La Mesa at lastBeegrnDined on 7/19/2014Finally a delicious place to eat that isn't a chain in La Mess. Loved the food and the waiter was fun. Will definitely recommend to friends and definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Much Fun!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Our server, Carrie, was OUTSTANDING! She was friendly, helpful and allowed us to relax and enjoy our experience! We were there for 3 hours! It was great!Special Features:
- Always a HITluv2peoplewatchDined on 7/16/2014We always find ourselves coming back here to have great food/drinks, with fantastic staff, while our daughter plays in the Bus!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bday dinnerShoechroniclerDined on 7/16/2014I celebrated an all girls dinner last Wednesday and we decided on your restaurant since I had read great reviews. We were there for almost 4 hours! 5 girls having drinks and sharing amazing food. We never once were made to feel like we over stayed our welcome. Thank you so much for your service and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Neighborhood SpotXEsHungerDigestDined on 7/15/2014This is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy really good food. The cheese board was delicious, the brussel sprouts, and the spicy shrimp flat bread were all marvelous. My only complaint is the price for alcoholic beverages. Their prices are too high, and make it nearly impossible to relax with a cocktail during your meal. We were floored when we were charged nearly $40 for a cheap bottle of chardonnay. That is the only problem I encountered with my dining experience. Otherwise, great staff, great atmosphere, and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch/BrunchGourmeteaterDined on 7/13/2014Food is creative, generous and great tasting. Outdoor area is very nice, not sure how I would feel about eating inside. Pretty sterile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowBubsVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great waitress but kitchen very slow getting the food out. Need to work on that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bow WowscoobydoDined on 7/11/2014Everything about our dining experience was fine until a young couple came into the eating area with a small dog which they were allowed to seat on a bench next to us. I wasn't aware that non-service dogs are permitted in eating establishments and in addition I am allergic to cats and dogs. These young people were oblivious and the young woman was obviously more interested in her pet than the man she was with. We left before she started feeding it from her plate but I'm betting she did. Isn't this against the law?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/8/2014The only complaint is they should give you the option when making your reservations to select inside or outside seating. This is the 2nd time I've made reservations and been unable to sit outside. The tables inside are close and there is not much privacy between the tables. Plus, it can be hot inside the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow diningretiredlifeDined on 7/4/2014great place for favorites and to savor new ones. Salmon was done perfectly. Enjoyed bruchetta, fries and panzanella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.